• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orcus

exactly.

OH NO THEY ARE USING TEAMWORK, THATS GOTTA NEED NERFING@!
Actually if you assume that your burning one MAA rocket on their flairs/ECM a single active volley is not going to do it in all cases. Specifically if their are two engineers repairing, and especially if they have the short repair cool down staggered. For scout heli's with engs I always make sure to fire one rocket to force their CM, immediately gun while they flair, then fire of the rest of the rockets and start gunning asap. That hardly ever takes down a scout with two engineers repairing, unless its nice and close and most of the bullets between rockets are hitting. If they have one engineer than it's usually lights out.

Actually if you assume that your burning one MAA rocket on their flairs/ECM a single active volley is not going to do it in all cases. Specifically if their are two engineers repairing, and especially if they have the short repair cool down staggered. For scout heli's with engs I always make sure to fire one rocket to force their CM, immediately gun while they flair, then fire of the rest of the rockets and start gunning asap. That hardly ever takes down a scout with two engineers repairing, unless its nice and close and most of the bullets between rockets are hitting. If they have one engineer than it's usually lights out.

if i were on the design team, i would have the helicopters only being able to be repaired if they land. mid-air repair is kinda sketchy :D

but not that hard to deal with in public random games.

3 stinger to take out 3 people in a heli is fine for balance. A single MAA with one volley of rockets and 30mm can quite easily take down a heli with 2 engines repairing. I like that they are lowering splash damage of 25mm because thats the only thing I see wrong with the scout, its way too powerful vs infantry.

Where can I see future patch notes?

A good compromise is half speed repairs for Little Birds mid flight. A single stinger spammer can constantly annoy a Little Bird with 2 repairmen.

The Littlebird reminds me of the Blackhawk flag hopping-murder machine from BF2 :)

They "nerfed" that by making interior repairing time reduced, reducing splash dmg, and making it so only a pilot could cap, other troops had to exit to speed up cap time.

Of course this reduced it to a solely transport vehicle...but it made games fun in a pub setting rather then a clan hijacking the Blackhawk and having 4 times the score as anyone + 100 kills vs pubbers.

Has to be an even balance rather then a complete nerfing of a vehicle. But while a organized clan/group should always have the upper hand an object shouldn't make a server a complete ass kicking for the pubs. I used to walk in a server and go "Ok, clan pwning in a B.Hawk..I'm out"
Just like the full squad of medics with dolphin dive macros or servers that allowed carpet bombing of the flight deck...no pubbers wants that and good players pubbing will leave. Eventually its just a clan/group playing lowbies who enjoy 50 death rounds :)

But now that I've unlocked passive radar missles for mobile AA I have to ask..how do they expect ANYONE to fly with these rockets available lol. Sometimes Ill spawn, see mobile AA, and sit back and rack up kills lol.

if i were on the design team, i would have the helicopters only being able to be repaired if they land. mid-air repair is kinda sketchy :D

but not that hard to deal with in public random games.

They need to bring back Below Radar. If nothing else, it makes pilots fly away.

If they nerf gun damage from the scout helicopter, that's really going to benefit rooftop snipers, who are already too difficult to kill.

What I most want is for troop helicopters to have more/faster counter-measures. I like using them to transport people to flags, but they usually don't last longer than one trip.

turnbuckle

Game is being buggier than normal tonight for me. In less than 30 minutes I've had two BSOD and two lost connections, both times I had to restart because my kits and weapon unlocks were gone. Had 2 BSOD last night before finishing 2 games of conquest.

PS4 version.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Scout helicopters are the funnest thing in the game, I hope DICE stays away from them for the most part.

They do need a nerfing, however. (Sorry Faceless) But I'm biased toward "NERF THE FUCKING AIR VEHICLES INTO THE GROUND AND HAVE EVERYONE GROUNDPOUND LIKE ME" so, I'm not the best person to ask for an opinion.

I will however concede from playing with PC-GAF in the scout-helicopter that one or two people keeping a scout helicopter up is damn near impossible to take out. Double-so if that pilot has the perk that stabilizes the scout-helicopter on a disable (so the default perk). Repair speed needs to be nerfed or damage to scout-helicopters needs to be higher or something.

Did they ever bring back small-arms fire on air-vehicles?

Holiday

Banned
They do need a nerfing, however. (Sorry Faceless) But I'm biased toward "NERF THE FUCKING AIR VEHICLES INTO THE GROUND AND HAVE EVERYONE GROUNDPOUND LIKE ME" so, I'm not the best person to ask for an opinion.

I will however concede from playing with PC-GAF in the scout-helicopter that one or two people keeping a scout helicopter up is damn near impossible to take out. Double-so if that pilot has the perk that stabilizes the scout-helicopter on a disable (so the default perk). Repair speed needs to be nerfed or damage to scout-helicopters needs to be higher or something.

The gyro is beautiful, and in my opinion one of the biggest factors in the scout helicopters being dominant. I'd rather stinger damage or repair time go up than the gyro be messed with.

TheSeks

Assault Choppers are hit and miss with me this outing. If it isn't the low damage, it's the pilot being really inconsistent with me being able to hit shit. Maybe if Splinter/crew played the Assault Choppers more, I'd actually have an opinion, but truth be told: I haven't spent more than maybe 15-30mins if that in them.

The scout helicopter is just wayyy too good right now. "Teamwork" isn't a good shield to hide behind when everyone and their mother is using that tactic to boost their KDR/dominate a map.

Edit: Also Fersis, Demize hasn't gotten in touch with me with my hacked-"ranked"-unranked server. Rabble rabble rabble. I want a test server!

Milennia

Wow, i completley missed this giant symthic M416vL85vACE23 discussion... Its really interesting.

Obviously the M416 is being eclipsed by the L85, but there are arguments here stating the Guns superiority over the ACE and the ACW actually being a part of the disucssion is surprising me.

I need to use that gun more, i have barely touched it.

(Also other people are starting to notice the L85 having nearly no horizontal recoil and are bringing it up in public :p)

zma1013

Wow, i completley missed this giant symthic M416vL85vACE23 discussion... Its really interesting.

Obviously the M416 is being eclipsed by the L85, but there are arguments here stating the Guns superiority over the ACE and the ACW actually being a part of the disucssion is surprising me.

I need to use that gun more, i have barely touched it.

(Also other people are starting to notice the L85 having nearly no horizontal recoil and are bringing it up on public :p)

I don't like the ACW. It doesn't seem very stable firing at range. It was amazing in BF3 but now it's different.

Milennia

Even better! Jackpot! 3 stingers, 4 kills! Obvious scout needs a buff now.

Lol, i meant the support/medic field order buff for being in the vehicle :p
More so the support order, i didn't realize how ridiculous that was until recently.
You can feed stingers while afk, that match was amazing.

terrible

Banned
Guys.. I died tonight and a random picked up my kit and revived me. Holy crap there are people out there that actually know how to play the game. My faith in the BF community raised slightly after that.

TheSeks

Yeah, I had someone do that after I revived them and died. Got their kit and they ran off to die... instead of giving me my kit back from killing the dude that killed me. SMH. I'm thankful they did it, but if they can't take a minute to let me get my kit back: what's the point? >:|

terrible

Banned
Yeah, I had someone do that after I revived them and died. Got their kit and they ran off to die... instead of giving me my kit back from killing the dude that killed me. SMH. I'm thankful they did it, but if they can't take a minute to let me get my kit back: what's the point? >:|

There wasn't a corpse near us to switch kits but he died shortly after and I switched back and revived him so it worked out well.

Wtf I had some great footage of musashi crashing into the wires on rogue transmission.. and some GAF Bowling with an ATV but the PS4 recorded the game prior to when i clicked share......

Timu

Guys.. I died tonight and a random picked up my kit and revived me. Holy crap there are people out there that actually know how to play the game. My faith in the BF community raised slightly after that.
I get revived often in this game, guess I'm on the right teams most of the time.

As much as I'd love to switch kits and revive someone with a kit that has a defib, the window of opportunity to revive someone is too low for me to be able to do it in time, especially when there are several kits around and manage to pick the one I didn't want. Not to mention the defibs don't work half the time. :\

And as Sekoku said, most people just run off with your kit when you do it, although that doesn't bother me too much.

Omni

So I went to play a game on the China Rising maps...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CifNiNjFaZ8

Ridiculous that shit like this still happens this long after launch. Didn't even have a primary weapon all match... and rocket launcher pistols only go so far. I really hope the next patch crunches some of these bugs, because right now the 360 version is a complete mess.

terrible

Banned
I get revived often in this game, guess I'm on the right teams most of the time.

I only get revived if I'm playing with a friend or if I'm playing Lockers conquest. I don't even get revived in TDM or Domination even though everyone is Assault in those modes. That's why I was shocked that not only did I get revived but the person put a ton of effort into it.

As much as I'd love to switch kits and revive someone with a kit that has a defib, the window of opportunity to revive someone is too low for me to be able to do it in time, especially when there are several kits around and manage to pick the one I didn't want. Not to mention the defibs don't work half the time. :\

And as Sekoku said, most people just run off with your kit when you do it, although that doesn't bother me too much.

I almost never do that either. It's too risky and not to be a jerk or cocky but my soldiers life is worth more than theirs lol. I do it all the time with friends though as long as it's safe.

terrible

Banned
I used to get that bug at the start of a round sometimes on 360. It would only last for a minute at the most though. That'd be too frustrating if it lasted longer.

Game is being buggier than normal tonight for me. In less than 30 minutes I've had two BSOD and two lost connections, both times I had to restart because my kits and weapon unlocks were gone. Had 2 BSOD last night before finishing 2 games of conquest.

PS4 version.

we had a lot of issues yesterday too, lot of heavy lag matches and glitching through the ground/scenery.

And is that a glitch that when you use Party Chat, you still hear all the noise people make in your Squad, but you cant talk to them, only hear the children screaming and whatnot that is usually the sounds that come out of public microphones :(

atleast the Barrett sniper rifles do damage choppers. you get +5 for every shot.

Facism

AA trolling so delicious. Some guy got so raged he kept trying to take me out with laser guided on the attack jet, about 6 times failed because of active protection. He got so mad he tried to ram me and ended up hitting the ground ahead of me.

Omni

I've never seen anything like that in my life...
Usually you don't spawn with anything, but alas... I guess even the bugs are buggy in this game.

It's happening again now, actually. This time every other player model is invisible and all I have is a knife.

TmuYebz.png

So frustrating. It was all fine until I entered the heavy bomber, then shit just disappeared.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
So I went to play a game on the China Rising maps...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CifNiNjFaZ8

Ridiculous that shit like this still happens this long after launch. Didn't even have a primary weapon all match... and rocket launcher pistols only go so far. I really hope the next patch crunches some of these bugs, because right now the 360 version is a complete mess.

Usually you don't spawn with anything, but alas... I guess even the bugs are buggy in this game.

It's happening again now, actually. This time every other player model is invisible and all I have is a knife.

So frustrating. It was all fine until I entered the heavy bomber, then shit just disappeared.

You're lucky to even have a weapon show up at all. I had this stupid glitch happen to me three times in a row on that map, and it swore me off China Rising completely for weeks now. Even though it only happens on that map. I mainly stopped because I had it happen in multiple modes, and when it does happen, it also results in the loading loop, which means I have to go back to the dashboard anyways. So I figured why even chance it anymore trying to join another China Rising map.

It's the most annoying glitch out of all the already-annoying BF4 glitches because whenever I get it, there is almost always a few invisible enemies. Not like I can shoot back properly at them anyways having no gun with no cross hair or sound anyways.

Quick question.

My brother just got a PS4 and were looking for BF4 for cheap. Can we buy BF4 on PS3 and redeem the code on a PS4 system so we can then do the $10 upgrade?

Liberty4all

Banned
I just wanted to say this game has engulfed me in it's grasp.

Question though ... I upgraded to Premium the other day and noticed a few XP boosts from the battlepacks. Normally when I click on the Battlepacks tab I see everything I've opened. Last night though I coulnd't see anything and couldn't find the xp boosts to apply to my character? Kind of confused ... PS4 version

Milennia

I just wanted to say this game has engulfed me in it's grasp.

Question though ... I upgraded to Premium the other day and noticed a few XP boosts from the battlepacks. Normally when I click on the Battlepacks tab I see everything I've opened. Last night though I coulnd't see anything and couldn't find the xp boosts to apply to my character? Kind of confused ... PS4 version

You couldn't apply them via the in game menu either?

Formosa

Hi guys, I just purchased an used copy for PS4 couple days ago from eBay but I am having problem posting on the official Battlefield 4 forum. Do I must play Multiplayers to be able to post on the forum?

Milennia

Hi guys, I just purchased an used copy for PS4 couple days ago from eBay but I am having problem posting on the official Battlefield 4 forum. Do I must play Multiplayers to be able to post on the forum?

You should be able to post if you have a BF3 or a BF4 history, so yeah, play a few games, then sign on to battlelog and you should be able to post.

Unless they incorporated a level 10 rule, in which case hit level 10 first.

Formosa

You should be able to post if you have a BF3 or a BF4 history, so yeah, play a few games, then sign on to battlelog and you should be able to post.

Unless they incorporated a level 10 rule, in which case hit level 10 first.

I only have Battlefield 4, but I don't have PS Plus for Multiplayer Mode... I am able to sign in to the forum but there's no buttons to click to make posts... I've been speaking with the Game Advisors for 4 days already and still can't post. One of them told me that I MUST have PS Plus and join the multiplayer games to have my account linked to battlelog. Is it true? I find it stupid because what if I just want to play campaign and I can't join the community?

Why would you want to post on Battlelog!?
I dunno lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom