• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mafro

Spot who spent the entire game of Flood Zone in a Little Bird with his two engineer friends constantly repairing it:

XTWSA0r.png

Absolute fucking ridiculous, DICE need to fix stuff like this.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I seem to be having some trouble with the Battlelog website, I can't join any games or get on the test range as it keeps telling me I need to update my game.

I'm 100% sure my game is up to date, have checked for updates on Origin and it says my game is up to date, any ideas why Battlelog doesn't seem to think so?
Reinstall.

Omni

So apparently if you spawn in the passenger seat of a scout helicopter and drop C4 off the side, you can damage the helicopter if you detonate too early. I just had a child do this to me because he crashed his helicopter and he wanted mine, I guess.

It doesn't kill you... But it will destroy your helicopter and eject you wherever the hell you happen to be flying over. Happened to me over an enemy held objective... Needless to say I died quickly afterwards.

So apparently if you spawn in the passenger seat of a scout helicopter and drop C4 off the side, you can damage the helicopter if you detonate too early. I just had a child do this to me because he crashed his helicopter and he wanted mine, I guess.

It doesn't kill you... But it will destroy your helicopter and eject you wherever the hell you happen to be flying over. Happened to me over an enemy held objective... Needless to say I died quickly afterwards.

Or maybe he swapped teams to do it after failing to shoot you down a few times. Interesting info. Will try not to abuse :)

Decided I absolutely hate Hainan Resort. Such a nightmare of an awful map.

One of the best maps in the game!

Flood zone is the worst. All other maps are pretty good. Operation meatgrinder is good too to keep things fresh being without vehicles and close quarters.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I like it. Not the best map, but definitely not the worst... Though I guess it depends on how much you like fighting around Bravo, hah. There needs to be another elevator to get to the roof, IMO. It's a bit too easy to lock down at the moment.

I was going to say this as well. There should not be just the on elevator, it's a bit ridiculous.

I might hate Flood Zone's flooding, but man Lancang Dam's levolution affect is incredibly lame. A dam breaks and rocks just fall out? Hainan's levolution is incredibly lame too.

If you iniate a levolution affect and it kills someone (Zavod) it should give you credit for the kill.

My number 1 requested fix besides fixing the soft crashes on PS4 is to add another controller scheme to Jets and Heli's. I need a controller setup that does this

L2: Slow Down
R2: Go Faster
L1: Locate enemies
R2: Fire

It goes against all my instincts to fire with L1 or go faster with L2. Same thing with Heli's but replace L2 and R2 with the appropriate controls. I know if they change this I would do better flying.

Dr Prob

Banned
tJMQZDL.jpg

I'll be honest, Langcam Dam is pretty great with the lag and anti-air tanks camping in the spawns, but it could really use a little more horn.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

So, why didn't you do it to him in retaliation?

Question to the PC players,

I just got a R9 290 and I still can't get a constant 60fps at 1080p, what settings do you guys recommend lowering that preferable aren't all that noticeable but still cause a performance impact?

I already lowered AO but that didn't help much. Some maps go as low as 40 :/

Question to the PC players,

I just got a R9 290 and I still can't get a constant 60fps at 1080p, what settings do you guys recommend lowering that preferable aren't all that noticeable but still cause a performance impact?

I already lowered AO but that didn't help much. Some maps go as low as 40 :/

What's your CPU? Also make sure the resolution scaling option isn't set higher than 100%

Milennia

Just noticed i nave been using the same 2 guns for week... I need to go back to some less great ones tonight.

Probably the 23 and AK.
Been stuck on L85 and 52 without even realizing it.

Rizific

Spot who spent the entire game of Flood Zone in a Little Bird with his two engineer friends constantly repairing it:

Absolute fucking ridiculous, DICE need to fix stuff like this.
had a round like this myself, except i was the one repairing. face tanking stingers for days. yeah id say its a bit OP

Milennia

The VSS is ridiculous... Silencer with no compensation what so ever, god tier.
May use that when we get second assault over the carbines for engineer.

For those of you who upgraded your PS3 copy of Battlefield 4 to the PS4 version, did it take a long time to finish installing everything? My Campaign was finished right away at 100% but the multiplayer is just stuck at 35% and doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

it took a while. i waited for 3 hours them went to sleep. it was already done when i woke up.

According to Reddit, they found some game files for levolution events in China Rising that were cut or not used. Basically, they're all variations of visibility changes (Altai has snowstorm, Silk Road has sandstorm, Guilin has fog) except for Dragon Pass, which they couldn't find in the files. LevelCap has a theory that Dragon Pass's levolution would have been flooding, because of the weird issues with boats getting beached/stuck way to easily in some areas.

More proof the game was rushed?

Milennia

According to Reddit, they found some game files for levolution events in China Rising that were cut or not used. Basically, they're all variations of visibility changes (Altai has snowstorm, Silk Road has sandstorm, Guilin has fog) except for Dragon Pass, which they couldn't find in the files. LevelCap has a theory that Dragon Pass's levolution would have been flooding, because of the weird issues with boats getting beached/stuck way to easily in some areas.

Its DLC, so it would mean the DLC was rushed, but it wasn't.
There is already a sandstorm levelution in second assault, (iirc made by a different house) and the interviews i regarding CR have all been the same, saying they chose not to go with levelution from the get go.

They probably tested some ideas, but ultimately canned them. A visual effect levelution would be much easier to include than a physical. Meaning this was a choice, and the other developer who is working on SA decided to either pick up the sandstorm, or had it all along.

They are pretty consistent in saying they didn't want levelution on the maps, their reasoning is a little odd, but the maps did what they wanted to do in the end,

The vanilla game was rushed, its obvious and widely known at this point, further proof isn't needed.
Second assault included levelution, and CR is their test for non levelution, it worked decently, we will see if they choose to drop it again in favor of destruction 2.0 etc. Guilin did it right.

Rizific

kind of silly considering how "levelution" was touted as one of BF4's premier features. the second assault maps have levelution, but china rising doesnt? doesnt make sense to me.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1uvlf4/china_rising_was_supposed_to_have_levolution/ said:
-You were supposed to be able to freely switch between commander and infantry without having to leave and rejoin the server.

Jesus Christ, this makes me incredibly ANGRY. *hulk rage* WHY.jpg isn't this fixed? WHY.jpg is this still a thing? WHY.jpg

yeah, either (1) rushed or (2) tried it and didn't like it.

Something quite funny has happened the games that I've been in.

People tend to not take down C tower in Shanghai till later, much later in the game as opposed to straight away when the game launched and in the beta.

Milennia

Something quite funny has happened the games that I've been in.

People tend to not take down C tower in Shanghai till later, much later in the game as opposed to straight away when the game launched and in the beta.

Its because people wanted to see what it looked like in beta.
Im of two minds about it tbh. Some say it makes the flow of the map better, i don't think so.

I think elevator camping and the opposing team sitting on the roof looking down on one side of the building, doesn't increase the flow.

Imo, i hear a lot of different ones on this subject.

Still getting a lot of black screens with the loading bars before a level starts in conquest. Have to exit out to the dashboard on PS4 and restart the game. Also crazy how they haven't fixed the screen where the screen stays black if you keep pressing x after you die. Game feels line it's starting to get better to me as I level up. Now up to level 11 and getting a couple of nixer weapons helps a lot.

Milennia

Still getting a lot of black screens with the loading bars before a level starts in conquest. Have to exit out to the dashboard on PS4 and restart the game. Also crazy how they haven't fixed the screen where the screen stays black if you keep pressing x after you die. Game feels line it's starting to get better to me as I level up. Now up to level 11 and getting a couple of nixer weapons helps a lot.

Level 10 opens up a ton of weapon assignments.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm probably a little late on this, but did they do something to the crouching/crouchwalking? For some reason at the end of movement while crouching, my guy bobs his head up just a bit. It's a tiny thing, but it drives me nuts. I swear this didn't happen before. I haven't played in a while, so, again, if this is a known change, whoops.

Also, that recent levolution news is such bull. I hope DICE manages to make a fully working product by the end of this, but I'm not feeling too confident about it. EA... man.

Its because people wanted to see what it looked like in beta.
Im of two minds about it tbh. Some say it makes the flow of the map better, i don't think so.

I think elevator camping and the opposing team sitting on the roof looking down on one side of the building, doesn't increase the flow.

Imo, i hear a lot of different ones on this subject.

I would say it makes the map flow better for the team that holds the tower, they can easily parachute with relative safety to either B or D.

But for the opposing team it can be pretty frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom