• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

I would say it makes the map flow better for the team that holds the tower, they can easily parachute with relative safety to either B or D.

But for the opposing team it can be pretty frustrating.

I agree completely that for the team who controls it, the map flows great, making it a more desirable cap.

However every time i play the map and we have the building, the opposing team stand no chance at taking it back until they destroy it :/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Levolution
(1) ON
(2) OFF
(3) ALREADY HAPPENED

Seriously, it blows my mind how half the stuff they have in the game aren't server Cvars.

Again: Fersis needs to get me in touch with Demize so I can get a custom server going
1000% infantry damage on air vehicles. Mmmmmm, yes.

Seriously, it blows my mind how half the stuff they have in the game aren't server Cvars.

Again: Fersis needs to get me in touch with Demize so I can get a custom server going
1000% infantry damage on air vehicles. Mmmmmm, yes.

It's already way too fucking easy to take down air vehicles. Just have vehicle repair while in air disabled and voila.

TheSeks

It's already way too fucking easy to take down air vehicles. Just have vehicle repair while in air disabled and voila.

WHOOSH.

I hate air vehicles. More things that nerf them into the ground is a-okay with me.

But really, I want to mess around with the engine and unranked server variables to see if I can get a "good balance" thing going. But I doubt most of that is able to be customized in the rent-a-server menu.

Omni

What's up with claymores? Is there a way to get past them? In BF3 you could crouch walk past... But obviously they're different with BF4 because of the wires (speaking of, I've been meaning to see if you get use your knife to cut said wire)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Playing Conquest with randoms on Zavod fucking blows bubbles. They all flock to the center two objectives. Such a shit show.

Alienous

It took me awhile, but I figured out sniping.

DICE are a devious lot, indeed. Do read if you've been having trouble adapting to sniping coming from Bad Company 2 or Battlefield 3.

How sniping has changed.

More so than Bad Company 2 or Battlefield 3, sniping takes skill in Battlefield 4. Bullets in the former two games would travel in a predictable arc, and therefore you would aim slightly higher than the intended target the further away you are, and lead shots to account for bullet travel time. That shit's changed.

In Battlefield 4 bullets reach a distance after which they seem to lose effectiveness. There's an arc, but after a certain distance the bullet plummets exponentially to the additional distance travel. Also, at least it seems, different weapons have a more diverse spread of bullet travel times, also complicating sniping.

You need to learn how to effectively zero your scope. Sniping from one flag to another is usually a distance of 200m, so you should have your scope set to that. If your target it closer, then you should aim accordingly below their head to hit it. If they are further than 200m, then you should aim above their head to hit it. This is the usually engagement range. 400 is useful for targets that are barely visible, and I've yet to make a 1000m shot.

So, if you are sniping at someone fairly close (where the target is less than a flag away) no zeroing is necessary. A fairly distance target should have the sights aimed just above their heads for a headshot. Typical sniping distances necessitate a zeroing range of 200. Really distance targets (such as one who you need to zoom to see the features of) should usually be sniped at 400m. Those are the most useful ranges. Bullet travel time is fairly linear, and something you'll get a feel for after sniping for a while. Typically, to hit a 200m target moving horizontally I'll aim at where they'll be in a just under a second. For 400m, 2-3 seconds.

Not having a spotter, as a real sniper would, makes these realistic additions to sniping more difficult to contend with. You need to calculate the ranges, and adjust your own shots. However once you get the hang of it, and realize that zeroing your scope is necessary, it becomes quite natural.

TheSeks

I dunno about Natural. The fact that scopes don't do range finding to where you have to use a PDL to get this information (or slowly grind for a scope unlock) is kinda bullshit. Zeroing I just gave up on and try to do the traditional BC2 bullet-drop calculations instead of trying to zero and having my shot go OVER a person's head for being too far (by 100 meters) over the zero-range it should be. But since 500 goes to 1000m after it and there's no 600/700/800/900m zero targets... well...

(Add in scope-sway and yeah... why should I bother sniping when I can just get in close-range and PDW--er--Carbine people in the face instead?)

Milennia

I dunno about Natural. The fact that scopes don't do range finding to where you have to use a PDL to get this information (or slowly grind for a scope unlock) is kinda bullshit. Zeroing I just gave up on and try to do the traditional BC2 bullet-drop calculations instead of trying to zero and having my shot go OVER a person's head for being too far (by 100 meters) over the zero-range it should be. But since 500 goes to 1000m after it and there's no 600/700/800/900m zero targets... well...

(Add in scope-sway and yeah... why should I bother sniping when I can just get in close-range and PDW--er--Carbine people in the face instead?)

Lets make it PDW, keep the dream alive.

Omni

I don't even bother trying to shoot people if they're over 300m away anymore. Other snipers are the exception.

Zeroing never seems to work. They can be 199m away, I zero the thing at 200m, aim at the head and it'll just go straight over. It's easier to just learn to account for bullet drop with a particular sniper, IMO.

TheSeks

I want my Recon FN P90 class back. WHY.jpg DICE WHY.jpg :(

I've gotten the Bipod on all the Snipers that are unlocked with the weapon exp systems (so not the assignment one) but the SRR I haven't unlocked the bipod for yet. The bullet-drop is minimal (so everyone uses it) but I just can't click with it. Zeroing or not-zeroing my shots completely miss. It's pissing me off as I have 5 more kills to get the bipod on the gun and I just can't hit shit by miles because the drop factors in by like five feet before the target and screws me over.

Milennia

I don't even bother trying to shoot people if they're over 300m away anymore. Other snipers are the exception.

Zeroing never seems to work. They can be 199m away, I zero the thing at 200m, aim at the head and it'll just go straight over. It's easier to just learn to account for bullet drop with a particular sniper, IMO.

Im the same, i can give less shits about my longest headshot etc. (i think its 1000m when i was going for phantom prospect) i did however research snipers more instead of just SRR or die. (However i have the hunter scope unlocked for most of the snipers, so it helps, i even have the 40x scooe for the SRR iirc.. Thing is insane, wish i could get it for every sniper)

I use the L96/scout for aggressive (aggressive is fun as shit) and on the rare occasion i do long range, i use the m98 as opposed to the SRR as it has the highest bullet speed, meaning its great for moving targets as opposed to extreme ranges.

The L96 isn't that great TBH.. But it looks nice, and has a great charge time, so I'm happy with it in regards to aggressive sniping.
Also it was my favorite sniper in BF3 by a lot. I remember in beta it was a OHKO like 85% of the time lol.

It feels like a big metal gun in BF3 but in 4 it feels more on the plasticky side.

Also i have just found out that most of the reloads in this game.. Are actual army issue reloads.
The L85 reload for example, is exactly how the british army is taught how to reload the gun, EXACT. apparently many of the guns in the game are pretty accurate.

Zeppelin

Yeah, I find this to be the most effective approach as well. Just learn your scope. I only use the 8x one, and with that one there is 500 meters between each mil dot. I've got a range finder as well but I never bother with it unless my target is 500 m+ away, and that's pretty rare.

Milennia said:
I use the L96/scout for aggressive (aggressive is fun as shit) and on the rare occasion i do long range, i use the m98 as opposed to the SRR as it has the highest bullet speed, meaning its great for moving targets as opposed to extreme ranges.

M98B is indeed where it's at. Muzzle vel is the only stat I care about. Bullet drop doesn't matter since you learn to compensate for it anyway.

sagat2036

Seems an easy way to fix scout repairs is make it so only one of the passengers can do repairs. I don't like the idea of nerfing repairing too much because of the ground vehciles and how hard it can be to try to repair them without getting killed in the process. Also, with how hard it is to get people to work together in the game (at least on ps4 with randoms) it's very rare that you're having people considerate enough to sit on the heli and repair for you. When I'm on a chopper it's usually only me doing repairs, and if we're being attacked by more than one person it's not enough.

I'm still just getting my feet wet with the game really so I don't know that much of what I'm talking about though :p

BINGO you got the solution. Think about it, its carries 4 fuckin ppl with a back seat filled with machine gun ammo and is nimble and fast. Passenger seat only used to make it a bigger flying nightmare. Transport carries 2 more ppl and its a flyin soda can with BB massagers.

Scout helo now a 2 seater, passenger can repair/fire weapon. Youll still have a engineer with either AA/AG and repair.

This would end scout helo squads and maybe engineers hop on the transport more.

Also iam sure the dudes that said 3 minis were cool that 4 in scout were cool didnt really play the game.

Milennia

Also iam sure the dudes that said 3 minis were cool that 4 in scout were cool didnt really play the game.

Im not following what you mean by this, are you comparing 3 m40s to a 4 seat nigh invincible littlebird?
Because if such is the case, you are referring to me, in which case... Wut.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm probably a little late on this, but did they do something to the crouching/crouchwalking? For some reason at the end of movement while crouching, my guy bobs his head up just a bit and then drops back down. It's a tiny thing, but it drives me nuts. I swear this didn't happen before.

Anyone?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Oh wait, this is the right thread. This is why I shouldn't stay up past 12...

I don't have a video at the moment, no, but I might be able to get one later.

Milennia

Oh wait, this is the right thread. This is why I'm not allowed to stay up past 12...

I don't have a video at the moment, no, but I might be able to get one later.

Lol yeah, if you can get one that would help, ill try and recreate it to see if its an issue or not.

Sounds like something they would do though.

derwalde

Haven't heard of this before, whats the issue?

I bought BF4 over my PSN account. Now my Origin-Accounts seems to be linked to two Playstation accounts - one which i havent used for years . Sad thing is BF4 refuses to pick my main PS4-account for the battelog, progress etc. Instead it just takes the second account from years ago.

Activating my soldier on the battlelog-homepage doesnt work. I dont know how this works. Im logged in with my main account on the PS4 and still BF4 tends to believe im playing with ma secondary account.

Milennia

I bought BF4 over my PSN account. Now my Origin-Accounts seems to be linked to two Playstation accounts - one which i havent used for years . Sad thing is BF4 refuses to pick my main PS4-account for the battelog, progress etc. Instead it just takes the second account from years ago.

Activating my soldier on the battlelog-homepage doesnt work. I dont know how this works. Im logged in with my main account on the PS4 and still BF4 tends to believe im playing with ma secondary account.

Heres this,

Only Customer support has the needed tools and permissions to deal with account related enquireries.
This unfortunately means people here on Answer HQ will not be able to help you directly and I can only advice to contact Customer Service/Game Advisors.

Contact a Game Advisor...

Here's how:
1 Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
2 Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"
4 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"
5 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions".
6 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.
7 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country.

Says here that once you pick your country, you have the option to live chat.

Also, have you tried making a dummy origin account and linking your osn to it? I have had to make dummy email addresses for certain company's due to shitty issues and bad service.

derwalde

Heres this,

Only Customer support has the needed tools and permissions to deal with account related enquireries.
This unfortunately means people here on Answer HQ will not be able to help you directly and I can only advice to contact Customer Service/Game Advisors.

Contact a Game Advisor...

Here's how:
1 Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
2 Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"
4 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"
5 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions".
6 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.
7 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country.

Says here that once you pick your country, you have the option to live chat.

Also, have you tried making a dummy origin account and linking your osn to it? I have had to make dummy email addresses for certain company's due to shitty issues and bad service.

yeah i figured i have to contact the customer service. problem is im waiting since 2 hours for someone to chat to.

to your second advice: you mean i should link my second/inactive PSN account to a dummy origin ID?

thanks in advance

Milennia

yeah i figured i have to contact the customer service. problem is im waiting since 2 hours for someone to chat to.

to your second advice: you mean i should link my second/inactive PSN account to a dummy origin ID?

thanks in advance

Just create a brand new account on origin and link it to your psn, should work.
If it doesn't, that would mean you have 2 primary accounts under one name, which is weird and i would contact sony at that point just to clear that up and make sure it isn't on their end.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

This 'problem' usually happens if your intended Origin account and your PSN ID doesn't have the same email address.

These days you always get a sign-in dialogue where you type in your email and password upon first use on a platform (PSN, XBL etc.) but older EA titles just handshaked and used your PSN ID details to find an Origin account with matching email details and links those up. If a pre-existing link like this exists (from years ago) that's what you get.

Don't create any further accounts. Just contact the Origin chat support, they can re-link your intended Origin account to your proper PSN ID in about 5 minutes.

Just a FYI for others who may have the same situation but on Xbox: one can re-link Xbox accounts yourself via the Origin PC client under Linked Accounts.

So proud of my sniping recently. Got a bunch of unlocks and upgrades and shiz, and it's so satisfying to finally get the knack of it.

Killed 2 people on the radio tower (F) on Zavod 311 from position (D)... was so happy.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Played this last night for the first time in a while... spawned, shot in the back. Rinse and repeat for about 5 spawns.

Yup... this is Battlefield 4. Time for bed.

TheSeks

Played this last night for the first time in a while... spawned, shot in the back. Rinse and repeat for about 5 spawns.

Are you spawning while "CAUTION" is on the spawn screen view? If so, that's kinda... your fault. I find the CAUTION is saying you're spawning into a hot-zone and don't have spawn protection totally there. Whereas spawning on someone near but not as close generally means I'm not getting "shot in the back" often.

Are you spawning while "CAUTION" is on the spawn screen view? If so, that's kinda... your fault.

haha, indeed. i sometimes choose just to go there and start firing without even seeing anything while the screen is black for what seems like 20 years of loading time :D
9/10 times i just die but i have gotten into a savior situation once.

Liberty4all

Banned
Played about 8 hours of Air Superiority ... Fun mode for unlocking aircraft upgrades. I wish the chopper maps came up more often ... I'm done unlocking stealth aircraft upgrades.

I tried sniping for the first time today and I don't understand what gives you a one shot kill. Naturally a head shot will do the trick but why is that if I shoot a stationary target in the middle of the upper back from 30 meters, that takes away only 80-90 of their health. I have wayyy to many times when you need a second shot even though I had a drop on them and had all the time in the world to take my aim. I just don't get it and it's fucking frustrating when other snipers can drop me at will..

I tried sniping for the first time today and I don't understand what gives you a one shot kill. Naturally a head shot will do the trick but why is that if I shoot a stationary target in the middle of the upper back from 30 meters, that takes away only 80-90 of their health. I have wayyy to many times when you need a second shot even though I had a drop on them and had all the time in the world to take my aim. I just don't get it and it's fucking frustrating when other snipers can drop me at will..

Yeah you need head shots for 1 hit kill. That or play hardcore or find the sniper pickup on some maps. I understand that one does more damage.

scogoth

Chest shot at close range (changes depending on power of rifle) and only if they do not have defensive perk on.

GulAtiCa

Ok, I have a question. I'm playing Battlefield 4 on the PS3, and everytime I quit the game, my weapon upgrades/unlocks/etc never seem to save/load. Why? Some kind of bug? Kinda annoying to lose all of them..

Both me and my roommate, across two different PS3's are having this issue. Known bug?

Is there a faster way to unlock snipers besides playing on sniper only servers?

Domination tends to give most xp per match and you can just keep shooting people close-to-mid range. But not that i know, just need to rack up those kills.

1x scope/sight, grip, try to go around with a pistol, shoot once and then switch to the rifle and finish the kill :D

Milennia

Is there a faster way to unlock snipers besides playing on sniper only servers?

I did them during double xp week in conquest, but now i would say aggressive sniping in conquest/domination with boosts would be the fastest way.

Just use an aggressive rifle and you'll be fine.

TheSeks

Screw that. Use the One-shot-kill Sniper Pickup. Either the CQC or Long-range version. Shoot someone in the foot/chest/balls and get sniper weapon exp.

SO AWESOME.jpg

Milennia

Screw that. Use the One-shot-kill Sniper Pickup. Either the CQC or Long-range version. Shoot someone in the foot/chest/balls and get sniper weapon exp.

SO AWESOME.jpg

Oh, yes this works as well.
If its up, get it.
I always do, no matter what I'm playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom