• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisW

Someone correct me if I've got this very wrong but. The digital version of BF4 on PSN is now £55 and on disc in my local store it's £48.

If I buy the ps3 version brand new at £30 I get the pay £10 to upgrade to the ps4 version, totalling £40, saving £8 and even more ontop of the digital version. I can then trade back in the ps3 version of the game and receive £12 back meaning that the ps4 version would only cost me £28.

Is this correct cause it seems like a pretty good deal if it is?

Alienous

Someone correct me if I've got this very wrong but. The digital version of BF4 on PSN is now £55 and on disc in my local store it's £48.

If I buy the ps3 version brand new at £30 I get the pay £10 to upgrade to the ps4 version, totalling £40, saving £8 and even more ontop of the digital version. I can then trade back in the ps3 version of the game and receive £12 back meaning that the ps4 version would only cost me £28.

Is this correct cause it seems like a pretty good deal if it is?

You need the PS3 disc to play the game.

Has anyone here spent some time playing both the PS4 and Pc version of the game? Is it just me or the ps4 version runs better when it comes to hit detection? I spent a lot of time on pc and ps3 for bf3 and had a lot of fun with both. But this time around, the pc version is incredibly frustrating to play. It's very common that a empty a clip into a guy and he just turns around at shoots me. Rarely have this on ps4.

Facism

joined a server that kicked you if you "broke the server rules" and used any vehicle other than the littlebird on zavod.

Badmins.

Milennia

Has anyone here spent some time playing both the PS4 and Pc version of the game? Is it just me or the ps4 version runs better when it comes to hit detection? I spent a lot of time on pc and ps3 for bf3 and had a lot of fun with both. But this time around, the pc version is incredibly frustrating to play. It's very common that a empty a clip into a guy and he just turns around at shoots me. Rarely have this on ps4.

I play both, i don't find this.
When i play on PC i control my recoil better, and the hit detection is either on par or better.

Facism

and i just got autokicked from another server for firing a sniper rifle. no warning, no kill.

badmins part deux.

EA need to take MORE control away from the playerbase who buy servers. they're clearly unable to moderate or administer their servers properly.#

KICKED FROMS AME SERVER FOR USING A SHOTGUN. THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING IN THE SERVER DESCRIPTION OR INFO THAT BANS THESE WEAPONS

Does it not just give you a download code and use the disc to activate? Or do you need the disc each time?

Disc needs to be in the drive at all times. Bad deal, try to get PS3 digital copy for cheaper and upgrade that.

So when I get killed I still have to stare at my killer for ten seconds.

Great design choice, DICE! So good!

Its a pretty good design actually, punishment for dying and as said before, its for the revive timer.

Overdoziz

Banned
and i just got autokicked from another server for firing a sniper rifle. no warning, no kill.

badmins part deux.

EA need to take MORE control away from the playerbase who buy servers. they're clearly unable to moderate or administer their servers properly.#

KICKED FROMS AME SERVER FOR USING A SHOTGUN. THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING IN THE SERVER DESCRIPTION OR INFO THAT BANS THESE WEAPONS
Don't take away control, just add official DICE servers. It works very well on console so why not do the same on PC?

Does it not just give you a download code and use the disc to activate? Or do you need the disc each time?
i've always wondered about that. i got the digital version so i dunno how the disk version upgrade works.

badmins part deux.

play on EA/DICE servers.

broony

Can someone help me? How are you supposed to leave the game?

I always finish my rounds and quit using O during the interval when it shows the scoreboards. Looking at my stats though it looks like it is recording me leaving as having quit the game each time. Anyone know why?

Milennia

Can someone help me? How are you supposed to leave the game?

I always finish my rounds and quit using O during the interval when it shows the scoreboards. Looking at my stats though it looks like it is recording me leaving as having quit the game each time. Anyone know why?

No clue, but tbh who cares about that quit percentage, mine was nuked after crashing every game, everybody's is fairly bad because of it.

Played about 8 hours of Air Superiority ... Fun mode for unlocking aircraft upgrades. I wish the chopper maps came up more often ... I'm done unlocking stealth aircraft upgrades.

Any tips for dogfighting? One superiority match I went 2-0 and thought that was awesome, then I went 0-5 lol

No. End of round is when the boost activates to 2XP. The only thing that doubles in-game/round is the score for 2XP to tabulate.
Well, I'm lost.

Either way, DICE patched out differing XP boosts changing game MVP in BF3. Another in a long list of things they need to refix.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
2XP is the same as it was in BF3. Just BF4's GUI/HUD gives an arrow and "double-points" in-round to indicate you're in 2XP. The final round bonus/total points you gained that round is DOUBLED after that as part of the boost/2XP.

GulAtiCa

Looks like my previous issues are not as bad as I thought, my unlocks still there, just game sometimes forgets to load them. Going to "My Player" in main menu first seems to fix things.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Looks like my previous issues are not as bad as I thought, my unlocks still there, just game sometimes forgets to load them. Going to "My Player" in main menu first seems to fix things.

Stats server goes up and down at times. Been this way for the whole series. Don't panic, your stuff isn't lost.

---

Just played on a server an hour ago that autobalanced EVERYONE in a random scramble at the end of round. That was... kinda refreshing. If it wasn't a Conquest/Rush mix, I'd probably favorite it to play Rush on since it means Squads can't really do the switching easy. Also had this "MM" clan that was playing on both sides instead of clanstomping. So that was another refreshing thing.

terrible

Banned
I had enough time to go though a door, go into the corner of the room, and then toss a health pack down before dying around a corner tonight. What kind of lag is that? 2000ms or worse? Incredible.

So when I get killed I still have to stare at my killer for ten seconds.

Great design choice, DICE! So good!
Its a pretty good design actually, punishment for dying and as said before, its for the revive timer.

I like it much better than COD's killcam showing you how you died. I usually know how & why that happened. Battlefield's killcam lets you plan your next move. Some enemies will trip your mines/claymores, some enemies just drop down where they killed you, some run off not bothering to take back the objective, etc. I do hate how it colors the enemy; it makes it so flat and it's hard to see where people are located.

Schlep

Had a really rough night with this game, joining four servers in a row where the team I was on was getting absolutely crushed. Trying to not let it get to me, but it's kinda like getting food poisoning from a restaurant. Not sure when/if I want to go back.

Facism

i've always wondered about that. i got the digital version so i dunno how the disk version upgrade works.

play on EA/DICE servers.

i'd rather mini-tyrant badmins have to go through character and IQ tests before they're even allowed to give EA money for servers.

Do official severs even exist on PC? Never seen them.

Omni

It has been a while since people have accused me of "aimbotting".
p0gm.jpg
But seriously though. If you camp in the same corner on Operation Locker then of course people are going to start shooting in that direction as soon as they come in. Haha

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
PC Update is out

Jan 13 PC Game Update Notes

-Various fixes for improving general stability
-Fixed a memory leak issue occurring after level shutdowns, which could result in a out-of-memory crash in longer play sessions
-Additional fix for the “sound loop” deadlock when running High/Ultra graphics settings
-Added a warning for using Legacy AMD drivers that were out of date
-Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done
-Fixed a bug where players’ rank icons on the scoreboard would not be updated
-Fix for Asian users unable to start Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 on Windows 8.1
-Normalized repair rates across all vehicles
-Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt)
-Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members
-Fixed a bug where a Main Battle Tank Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver’s camera
-Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons.
-Stealth Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other. F35 & J-20 are slightly more agile, Su-50 is less agile.
-Attack Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other, and all 3 are now slightly less agile than earlier
-Fixed camera glitch when switching weapons while moving in crouch
-Fixed an occasional bug where players could experience intermittent engine sound dropouts when driving wheeled IFVs
-Fix for player spawning under the map when deploying on Lancang Dam
-Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rogue Transmission and Operation Locker

After 3 weeks of no communication i was expecting a bigger fix list but good stuff anyway.
One more patch til we're out of BETA?

After 3 weeks of no communication i was expecting a bigger fix list but good stuff anyway.
One more patch til we're out of BETA?

i thought the PC version has been pretty much in working condition. the console versions, PS4 especially is a broken mess that should have a huge patch notice list.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
i thought the PC version has been pretty much in working condition. the console versions, PS4 especially is a broken mess that should have a huge patch notice list.
Nah, PS4 is definitely in working conditions. It just has lots of small issues.

Squad Up and Loadout Edit before match still missing.
Design bugs are rarely fixed after release

Normalized repair rates is the huge change. According to pc gamers that tested the patch, repair tool fixes percentages instead of hit. Choppers and other low health vehicles will take just as long to repair as a tank.

Fersis

-Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rogue Transmission and Operation Locker
Odd, ive only seen it in Flood Zone.

PS3 Update tomorrow
Superior PS4 Update coming tomorrow too!

Based DICE said:
Just to keep you informed: we are now finalizing an upcoming PS4 Game Update that will be rolling out Jan 14, 2AM PDT / 10AM UTC. Stay tuned for full patch notes.

Players may experience downtime for about 15-30 minutes when this happens.

Facism

hit response feels better, but half my deaths in the last game were traded kills. 3 of them literally half a second after i killed the other guy.

Enrages my bellend.

Also, first BF4 crash in a month. Right as the game ended. GG DiCE

-Stealth Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other. F35 & J-20 are slightly more agile, Su-50 is less agile.
-Attack Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other, and all 3 are now slightly less agile than earlier

Slightly less probably means that attack jets are still more agile. Makes no sense.

Omni

Just curious. When I get my next-gen console, will I have to buy BF4 again? I remember hearing about some discount or something if you went from xbox - xbone or ps3 to ps4. It was a while back, so I'm probably wrong

and premium carries over, right? Don't want to buy that again haha.

Deband

Hi guys. I just rented a PC server the other night and wondered if any UK gaffers were hanging around this thread? It is pistols only though.

Fersis

Just curious. When I get my next-gen console, will I have to buy BF4 again? I remember hearing about some discount or something if you went from xbox - xbone or ps3 to ps4. It was a while back, so I'm probably wrong

I think (Not %100 sure) that you can buy BF4 on PS3 and then upgrade to PS4 for $10 or something. Premium should work fine.

So... the laser spots over walls still happening?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

I think (Not %100 sure) that you can buy BF4 on PS3 and then upgrade to PS4 for $10 or something. Premium should work fine.

So... the laser spots over walls still happening?

Bear in mind most of these upgrade offers ended December 31st. I am not sure if the PSN digital BF4 on PS3 to BF4 digital on PS4 upgrade offer is still available though.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/09/upgrade-to-nextgen/

That is also outside of any specialized upgrade offers that Gamestop or retailers may be running still.

I would honestly just check the trade-in section at Gamestop for a copy of PS4 BF4 straight up. There are probably a few.

Fersis

Does it fix the foliage bug?
Changelog says nothing about it.

Also theres a new bug in which you can spawn under the terrain in Silk Road.
They're looking into it.

I think most of the staff is back from holidays so we can expect more patches now :3

Hey Tunes, you still playing? Or you dropped it after the Platinum? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom