• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

-Stealth Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other. F35 & J-20 are slightly more agile, Su-50 is less agile.
-Attack Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other, and all 3 are now slightly less agile than earlier

Slightly less probably means that attack jets are still more agile. Makes no sense.

I flew both briefly on Lacanang Dam, I felt the stealth fighter was more agile than the gunship. Will test it further tonight.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Commander
residentsleeper.png

Point remains: No excuse to NOT be able to switch between Player/Commander/Specator all in the server without having to rejoin. None.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Changelog says nothing about it.

Also theres a new bug in which you can spawn under the terrain in Silk Road.
They're looking into it.

I think most of the staff is back from holidays so we can expect more patches now :3

Hey Tunes, you still playing? Or you dropped it after the Platinum? XD

I dropped the game through the hole in Silk Road after my Platinum, but not because I don't want to play anymore, but because I had 5 other PS4 games to start attempting to be playing (NFS, FIFA, Killzone, Trine 2! and.. NBA Live (lol)).
I'm done with KZ and almost with NFS and Trine now so I'll start popping back on shortly.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Point remains: No excuse to NOT be able to switch between Player/Commander/Specator all in the server without having to rejoin. None.

Well... theres definitely a reason! I can understand being annoying if you want to move back to soldier with no free spots.
Is not that in their design meetings they go: "OK, lets do something to annoy the hell out of people"

I dropped the game through the hole in Silk Road after my Platinum,
* Ba Dum Tish *

BTW anyone knows if there's a date for Second Assault?

There's a very good excuse, there are a million better things to fix in the game then to add near useless functionality.
Yup, probably the reason why Second Assualt hasnt been announced for other platforms.

scogoth

There's a very good excuse, there are a million better things to fix in the game then to add near useless functionality.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I forgot to post this: Server Update R18 is live

R18 Server Update Notes
-Compatibility updates for the Jan 13 PC game update
-Enabled Live Scoreboard for all game servers
-Changed Air Superiority default tickets from 100 to 200
-Fixes for five server crashes

Hey guys maybe we can compile a bunch of good feedback (Balance,bug reports,etc) and send it to DICE.
If you guys cool i can make a google spreadsheet and link it to Zh1nt0 and friends

Semper88

Yesterday i was trying to lvl up my side arm & sniper in 64 man conquest. Using the Rex the entire time.. Needless to say it was a true horror story.

the last 2 matches i was wondering why we were getting face rolled so hard. Then i decided to check the scoreboard! apparently there was a clan of 7 at the other side all of them lvl 100. Guess i have to check that more often.

this is how it looked for me yesterday :

Knipsel.png

Yesterday i was trying to lvl up my side arm & sniper in 64 man conquest. Using the Rex the entire time.. Needless to say it was a true horror story.

the last 2 matches i was wondering why we were getting face rolled so hard. Then i decided to check the scoreboard! apparently there was a clan of 7 at the other side all of them lvl 100. Guess i have to check that more often.

Knipsel.png

Aww dude, losing 5 matches in a row is bad but yours..........damn

Why use Rex when there are a lot of alternative side arms?

Omni

Bear in mind most of these upgrade offers ended December 31st. I am not sure if the PSN digital BF4 on PS3 to BF4 digital on PS4 upgrade offer is still available though.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/09/upgrade-to-nextgen/

That is also outside of any specialized upgrade offers that Gamestop or retailers may be running still.

I would honestly just check the trade-in section at Gamestop for a copy of PS4 BF4 straight up. There are probably a few.
Yeah, I think that's the way to go.

I noticed that their wording is a little weird in that blog regarding stats and premium.
Does my Battlefield 4 Premium membership carry over?
Yes, you will be able to carry over your Premium membership from current-gen to next-gen at launch.
Your rank, score, K/D ratio, wins, time played, service stars, dog tags taken, vehicles destroyed, repairs, revives, squad score, accuracy and more will all transfer to next-gen consoles at launch.

This worries me. My console is still two or so weeks away... Hopefully they don't stop the transfer beforehand. No way in hell that I'm going to effectively start over. I'll just wait until BF5 if that happens :lol

Knipsel.png

If your goal is leveling weapons, choosing Conquest is probably your first mistake. Small game modes are the fastest way, and pistol-only servers can get your sidearms upgraded much faster than any other mode.

scogoth

Knipsel.png

Was the clan named Drunken?

No clue, but tbh who cares about that quit percentage, mine was nuked after crashing every game, everybody's is fairly bad because of it.

And it's not like it's a sports game or fighting game where your DNF% might actually factor into whether someone will play you or not. No one is looking at your quit percentage and saying "Boy, I better avoid games where that guy is playing, his quit percentage is really high," lol. Frankly, I'd argue no one except you (and possibly your close friends) is looking at any of your stats, ever. Worrying about them in any capacity is vanity.

Fersis

Again:

Hey guys maybe we can compile a bunch of good feedback (Balance,bug reports,etc) and send it to DICE.
If you guys are cool i can make a google spreadsheet and link it to Zh1nt0 and friends.

By good feedback i dont mean "Lol lazy DICE " but more on the lines of "To reproduce this bug: do A,B,C,etc"

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Sorry. Premium is for that version only. You'll have to purchase it again for BF4.
Incorrect, Premium carries across PS3 to PS4.

Yeah, I think that's the way to go.

I noticed that their wording is a little weird in that blog regarding stats and premium.

This worries me. My console is still two or so weeks away... Hopefully they don't stop the transfer beforehand. No way in hell that I'm going to effectively start over. I'll just wait until BF5 if that happens :lol

As far as I'm aware there's no time limit on the transfers, the offers are just time limited in availability.
As for the transfer itself, stats and premium memberships move over, but DLC (e.g. China Rising thus far) does not if bought separately or received via a stand alone code - this is by design.

Milennia

Again:

If you guys are cool i can make a google spreadsheet and link it to Zh1nt0 and friends.

By good feedback i dont mean "Lol lazy DICE " but more on the lines of "To reproduce this bug: do A,B,C,etc"

Great idea, i don't have many issues with the game though, except the done to death squad up system and littlebird, as well as the server crashes, which seem to be random and player specific, yet its most common for it to happen for me on locker.

We have the little laser sight bug where the sight will continue to project onto the wall even though nobody is there, that one is annoying, i assume it happens when you look at a surface for a certain amount of time.

Various gun issues, such as the Tar having an assault rifle layout etc.
The grenade issue which they seem to be working on and the levolution on lancang not doing much, not even killing me when i stand right in front of it or when a rock comes hurling into my face, i still don't die, its like theres no collision on the rocks.

Fersis

Those are lots of bugs @__@

oh yeah :D

my favourites and recurring ones are:

1 -Laser point on walls persisting after death.
2 -Reload animation bugs.
11 - Ping not displaying in the server browser / in game.

these especially on Golmud Railway.
26 - Getting stuck on shallow objects unless sprinting.
27 - Invisible walls you cannot shoot through or around objects like rocks and destruction/debris (poor hit-box trimming).
60 - Getting stuck on the geometry of small objects (low height objects - common bug since the beginning of BF).

and missing ones, from my own experience:

- PS4 Party chat leaks into game chat and has random squad mates voices leak over to the party chat.

- Loadouts reset to lvl.1, need to quit the game and rejoin to reload weapons and equipment

- Falling through the terrain, mostly in Hainan Resort

- Digging the ground with explosives around Obliteration targets can make the target float in air, where the bomb can not be planted or defused.

- Random black screen crashes on map loading

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Again:

#1 on the list: FIX THE FUCKING "SEAT SWITCHING" FFS. Q3A did it in 1999, so why can't BF4? FFS WHY DO I HAVE TO LEAVE A SERVER TO JOIN A GAME OR LEAVE THE GAME TO LEAVE COMMANDER SEATS TO JOIN AS AN INFANTRY!? DKJFLAKDSJFLKADSJFLKDASJFLKADSJFLKADJDFLKAJFLKDSAJFLKAJDFKLJAFKLDJA.

Milennia

oh yeah :D

my favourites and recurring ones are:

27 - Invisible walls you cannot shoot through or around objects like rocks and destruction/debris (poor hit-box trimming).
60 - Getting stuck on the geometry of small objects (low height objects - common bug since the beginning of BF).

and missing ones, from my own experience:

- PS4 Party chat leaks into game chat and has random squad mates voices leak over to the party chat.

- Loadouts reset to lvl.1, need to quit the game and rejoin to reload weapons and equipment

- Digging the ground with explosives around Obliteration targets can make the target float in air, where the bomb can not be planted or defused.

Holy shit yes i get all of these things regularly.

The party chat thing is fucking hilarious ...
I always get these dudes with heavy southern accents.

Fersis

#1 on the list: FIX THE FUCKING "SEAT SWITCHING" FFS. Q3A did it in 1999, so why can't BF4? FFS WHY DO I HAVE TO LEAVE A SERVER TO JOIN A GAME OR LEAVE THE GAME TO LEAVE COMMANDER SEATS TO JOIN AS AN INFANTRY!? DKJFLAKDSJFLKADSJFLKDASJFLKADSJFLKADJDFLKAJFLKDSAJFLKAJDFKLJAFKLDJA.
Never change Seks.

Amen brother.

Milennia

Then why do people complain about little bird repairing if its intended to be that way?

Its not a bug, that doesn't mean its unintended.
Highly likely it was a "clever use of game mechanics" situation and they decided to keep it.

If something is intended, that doesn't mean it works properly.

Hopefully the PS4 patch helps stability alot. Also fix the damn black screen if you press x when going to the map after dying. Seriously, how is this bug still there???

Milennia

Because people complain about anything that kills them

Not in my case, its because i use it.

And i know its bad for the game, many things are, this one is obvious.
If you complain about something simply because you die to it, your childish in that situation.

If you look at why you died to it, and realize its a tank that has wings, it makes more sense to the average childish player.

I can say the same for any nerf... Its bad because people complain about... If this were the case for all OP mechanics, WoW and halo wouldn't exist.

Im not so self centered that i would use something because i know its god tier and then say its balanced, i shit talk everything i feel is overtuned in shooters, especially the weapons.

3,000 kills with the L85 now, and i complain about it on symthic every day along with everyone else who uses it and knows its overtuned outside of its reload.
Its why WoW has raid testing, and why shooters have betas (not demo betas... Actual betas where people actually give their feedback in a closed environment).
Its always justified if you have a reasoning, especially if something is such a wide spread complaint that its a known issue.

I don't know, after hitting a little bird with 3 stingers in a row and it still not going down it gets kind of frustrating. I guess they had a mechanic on board repairing, but still it shouldn't repair that fast.

Fersis

Man i want my cute cat emblem over my vehicles. >__<

Only got it working once.

On consoles it worked in beta 100% of the time for me, which is hilarious.
Dat Feature Regression

Rey

Just send a couple of friend requests from the PSN ID list. If anybody feels like playing together hit me up with a friend request. Play a lot of BF at night from 9PM till midnight, mostly Conquest. CET timezone.
I'm tired of playing alone. Can't use the mic all the time because of the misses :) but I'll do my best.

I play on PS4.
My PSN ID: R3y_NL

Incorrect, Premium carries across PS3 to PS4.

As far as I'm aware there's no time limit on the transfers, the offers are just time limited in availability.
As for the transfer itself, stats and premium memberships move over, but DLC (e.g. China Rising thus far) does not if bought separately or received via a stand alone code - this is by design.

My bad. I was thinking of China Rising DLC.

Holy shit, I've never raged about this game as much as I have today. Surprisingly, it's not about the lag but the amount of times I've been getting shot from the back when I'm sniping. I can't fucking take two shots in a row without someone killing me a split second before I get my own kill shot. It's been absolutely ridiculous today... can't believe my luck.

Anyway, I tried a game of conquest today (which I rarely play due to the crappy frame rate in those 64 player matches) in Floodzone and was surprised how smoothly the game run but it didn't long to notice that there were only like 6-7 dudes in my team and 9-10 in the other team. Man I hope it would run that smoothly with the full player count. Well, there's always BF5, right DICE?..

Milennia

Makes it kind of limited in it's use. Great for locker, not much else.

EDIT: I forget domination and TDM exist, so I guess it would be useful there.

Its good in the same sense that the tar is good, meaning hipfire, it cam do well anywhere, if you play to its strength, outside of select maps that don't support any sort of close range engagements, there are few.

zma1013

Its good in the same sense that the tar is good, meaning hipfire, it cam do well anywhere, if you play to its strength, outside of select maps that don't support any sort of close range engagements, there are few.

Well that's the thing though, the majority of the maps don't support much close range engagement.

Milennia

Well that's the thing though, the majority of the maps don't support much close range engagement.

Only ones that don't are dragon pass/silk road and golmud to an extent. I can use the tar everywhere else as i play in a way that works with the gun, heavy flanking and backdooring flags. I don't run across an open field with any gun.

Some maps promote close quarters more obviously, but it doesn't mean its impossible on any other.

But i am confused on why someone would make a decision based on those 2 guns in particular.

oh, and Air Superiority is a waste of time since all rounds end in under 5 minutes with basically 0 kills for everyone except the two hotshot pilots with all unlocks :D

Most hits just result in "mobility hit" and they fall out of the sky destroying them but not giving a kill. everyone just racks up "Killed in Action" deaths :p

(and jets sometimes just explode without reason in the starting zone too)

I don't know, after hitting a little bird with 3 stingers in a row and it still not going down it gets kind of frustrating. I guess they had a mechanic on board repairing, but still it shouldn't repair that fast.

The only way I can consider it mildly balanced is in thinking that you fucked with it for a while, it wasn't mowing down troops, maybe you cleared enough time for the team to cap a flag or two it wouldn't have been able to otherwise.

Combine this with the fact that the maps are so big, they really can't dominate the whole map; i.e., even if dude is off having his 55-2 round, his team could still get thumped. They can dominate a section of the map but not usually the round itself. W/L still comes down to lots of other factors.

But yeah I feel like I've been seeing this kind of a lot lately. Maybe that's just because of reading this thread, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom