• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I got stuck in a few games where it seemed like the entire opposition team were recon campers...... Boring as hell to play against but winning by 500 tickets is funny

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
cTau1NB.jpg

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!? PC-GAF PLAYING SOMETHING OTHER THAN CONQUEST!?
Which was promptly lost because team sucked and no one played engineer until two bombs armed.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I just got the game the other day, I'd quite like to use a sniper rifle, but I don't really know where to start. I haven't played a BF since BF2 and I really can't remember how I played however many years ago that was.

So, there is the recon class, and that starts with the bolt action sniper rifle. Is the only way to get a better sniper rifle to level this one up with kills? because at the rate this thing kills anyone I don't see that happening any time soon, and I seem to be getting nailed from miles and miles away by other snipers while still trying to get my bearings.

Also, I don't know how, but my map has just disappeared from the bottom left and I have no idea if I did that or not, lol.

Milennia

I just got the game the other day, I'd quite like to use a sniper rifle, but I don't really know where to start. I haven't played a BF since BF2 and I really can't remember how I played however many years ago that was.

So, there is the recon class, and that starts with the bolt action sniper rifle. Is the only way to get a better sniper rifle to level this one up with kills? because at the rate this thing kills anyone I don't see that happening any time soon, and I seem to be getting nailed from miles and miles away by other snipers while still trying to get my bearings.

Also, I don't know how, but my map has just disappeared from the bottom left and I have no idea if I did that or not, lol.

Yes you need sniper rifle kills to unlock more of them, the only ones available to you right now are the scout and the pickup (which you should pickup everytime) which is found in various spots on maps.

no minimap? you might be in a hardcore server...

Milennia

I played on a hardcore server like a week ago for a few games, was ok.
I have a lot of base mode mechanics that are hard to get rid of.
Nearly everyone was sniping, so i just put on the l96 and had a decent amount of fun.

Anyone having issues with the latest patch? I have been lagging (not due to ping) and having big fps drops. Pre-patch I was getting 65+ everything ultra and post-patch sometimes I drop down to 30fps +

UFRA

Hey look at me, posting in the BF thread for the first time this gen lol...hello PS4 crew.

Looking forward to the updates. I'm tired of the crashes, even though they are less frequent, they're still stupid.

I recently got the platinum trophy on this game, and I had a crash moment that could have caused me to majorly rage had I not been done with the campaign:

I just finished all campaign trophies, and only had 2 multiplayer ones left to go and then I would get platinum. I decided to take a break for a bit and closed the game. As soon as I closed it, the game crashed. When I started it up next, ALL of my single player progress had been wiped as if I never played the campaign. Ridiculous. Luckily, no fucks were given because I was done with it and just needed multiplayer stuff.

I think I could rant for hours on this game. It's a ton of fun, but damn there's some annoying shit...

Expert Pilot finally posted.

Oh yeah make sure to use the Little Bird today if you're going to play. We won't be invincible in the air anymore tomorrow.

Had an amazingly close game in CQ Silk Road.

In the closing minutes it was 107 - 87 to them.

Then 85 - 45

Then 47 - 21

Then 6 - 2

We lost with them having 1 ticket to our 0.

Wish more CQ games were like that.

Kabuto

been getting killed by people with ZERO health in the kill cam post patch; smh DICE.

I also went 16-0 on Lancang Dam with the coaxial HMG on the Tank. felt so dirty haha

I don't know, after hitting a little bird with 3 stingers in a row and it still not going down it gets kind of frustrating. I guess they had a mechanic on board repairing, but still it shouldn't repair that fast.

I don't get this. You can clearly see the sparks from the repair tool.

Anyways do we still have no ETA for PS4 Second Assault? Played all four maps yesterday and Caspian Border was pretty badass.

Also I hate getting kills with Slams but since i'm in the loadout screen the game doesn't let me know.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mmmhmm.

Another thing that needs to be fixed:

Joining and having the map load right at the end of a round = shouldn't count to your WLR. Stupid that I "lose" when I haven't even played the round due to the stupid loading time.

zedge

OK quick match on Xbox one is pooched. Everytime I choose conquest it dumps me in a random game type that is not conquest.

Schlep

Remembered tonight the ultimate way to center myself in this game is by doing stupid crap. So many car and quad bombs delivered tonight. Had one car bomb, followed by a couple kills, a LAV C4, and a tank C4 all within about a minute. Had me rolling, but I ran into that same share bug where PS4 only has the last round, so it was lost forever.

the starting rifle isnt that bad, pretty similar damage all around for the bolt action ones. but you gotta go for headshots. and maybe play with DMR's to unlock Recon class upgrades faster.

i recommend playing it with iron sights and ramboing it out on Domination maps to get accessory unlocks and racking up kills :D

and once you get to know the maps, you should be able to sneak up on flags in conquest and take out defending players or players trying to cap your bases. Same goes for Rush.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
My unlocks ended up coming back after I switched servers. It was kinda fun going back to basics, actually.

Sweet, got all the non-battlepack engineer stuff unlocked

The wire guided rocket is excellent at taking out snipers halfway across the map that are actually spotted lol

Bradach

I was trying to play with a friend online last night for the first time.

Is there really no party system in this game? We spent the whole night joining each others games and being put on the opposite team.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I was trying to play with a friend online last night for the first time.

Is there really no party system in this game? We spent the whole night joining each others games and being put on the opposite team.
BF3 had one but DICE says the current one is better.... or something. No plans to add one.

PS4 Patch Notes

Jan 14 PS4 Game Update Notes
-Various fixes for improving general stability
-Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rouge Transmission and Operation Locker
-Fixed issue with player spawning under the map in Lancang Dam
-Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons
-Normalized repair rates across all vehicles. Vehicles with lower health points, like aircraft and transport vehicles, now repair more slowly than before
-Fixed a bug where the M1 Abrams Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver’s camera
-Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members
-Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt)
-EU Players: Fixed bug where game wouldn’t start when when the console was running in any of these languages: Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Czech, Brazilian Portuguese
-Fix for bug where it looked like soldier was dying with 1 health instead of 0
-Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done

-EU Players: Fixed bug where game wouldn’t start when when the console was running in any of these languages: Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Czech, Brazilian Portuguese
Loulz

Battlelog Patch Notes

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- The Battlelog plugin will now automatically update whenever a new version of it is released, which should make it a lot faster, smoother and less error prone to keep the plugin up-to-date.
- The Premium calendar has now been removed from the Battlefield 3 sections, as no new events will occur for BF3 Premium

FEATURES/IMPROVEMENTS:
- Added a Facebook friend finder, so you can find other users on Battlelog via your list of Facebook friends
- You can now remove friends directly from the profile page (click the icon with an exclamation mark)
- Improvements to game queue handling on PC
- Implemented an anti-spam prevention mechanic, so you can only post once pr. 30 seconds in forums
- Adjusted the zoom sensitivity in Geo Leaderboards when switching from City to Country, and Country to World

FIXES:
- Fixed an issue where a user could try to report or block theirself in Battle Reports
- Assignment requirement and criteria completion is now shown correctly in the in-game Battlelog on PC, PS4 and Xbox One
- We no longer automatically link to the Store on the BF4 section if you already own BF4
- Fixed an issue where some assignments didn't correctly track requirements and criteria
- Fixed an issue where avatars sometimes failed to load in the in-game Battlelog on Xbox One
- Fixed an issue where the server info page didn't display the correct expansions
- Fixed an issue where BattleScreen would also automatically launch when starting to play singleplayer
- Fixed an issue where the Custom Region filter in Server Browser would get unchecked (more fixes/improvements coming for this!)
- Fixed an issue where game servers running expansion maps/modes wouldn't show the platform correctly
- Fixed issues where your tracked items and suggestions would sometimes be reset when using the mobile app
- Various fixes for the Leaderboards tab in the in-game Battlelog on PC, PS4 and Xbox One
- Various tweaks and fixes for the Tablet Commander menu
- Various tweaks and fixes for our Facebook integration
- Various fixes for Live Scoreboard
- Various minor fixes

PS4 players report the results on your favourite bugs and errors today after updating! :D

i hope this " -Various fixes for improving general stability" includes a lot of things, otherwise that changelog is not that impressive.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Can you jump throw grenades and C4 for extra distance, used to do this all the time in BC2 but having no apparent luck in BF4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom