• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/423288752692233024/249109282/ - coderoid
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/423288752692233024/367897752/ - Marutype
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/423288752692233024/199479531/ -TomTom_Attack

Interestingly, TomTom_Attack was a former Naughty Dog employee before joining DICE (LA?). Nope. DICE Sweden/DICE-DICE. Interesting. Guess Demize got some American's over there. Edit: Actually, looking at his BF3 PS3 profile he ran Visceral/Dead Space dev tags. I guess some Visceral employees folded into DICE-LA? I have no clue, or DICE-DICE is giving the Sweden Dev dogtag out to all "DICE" employees. Weird.

Coderoid is DICE-DICE.

Marutype seems to be DICE LA, since he isn't sporting DICE-DICE tag.

I ran into my own DICE LA person before in Rush (!) shockingly, but they only stayed for like 15 mins before bailing because their team was being destroyed. MY DOGTAGS! D:

A bunch of Visceral are now at DICE LA.
Have a bunch of DICE people on my friends list, playing with them is like playing with a set of GIANT [DICE] TARGETS since everyone and their mommy tries to kill them over and over. :)

Atleast these were not fixed,

- Laser point on walls persisting after death. (not fixed)
- Getting stuck on shallow objects unless sprinting. (not fixed)
- Getting stuck on the geometry of small objects (low height objects - common bug since the beginning of BF). (not fixed)
- picking up weapons with triangle drops the weapon instantly if holding triangle for just abit too long.

one of my friends keeps dropping out of games as of late too, huge rubberbanding lag spikes, then drops out of the game AND party chat at the same time. Dunno if that is a PSN or BF4 "feature".

Milennia

- Getting stuck on the geometry of small objects (low height objects - common bug since the beginning of BF). (not fixed)
- picking up weapons with triangle drops the weapon instantly if holding triangle for just abit too long.

one of my friends keeps dropping out of games as of late too, huge rubberbanding lag spikes, then drops out of the game AND party chat at the same time. Dunno if that is a PSN or BF4 "feature".

I just want them to fix the single player bug so people will stop asking about it.

God this one is frustrating.

Kabuto

any tips for flying Jets? I just cannot slow down to get any kills; I can maneuver my jets fine and get in good positions for dog fights but then I go to fast to kill anyone :/ Using the brakes barely slows it down too.

Facism

any tips for flying Jets? I just cannot slow down to get any kills; I can maneuver my jets fine and get in good positions for dog fights but then I go to fast to kill anyone :/ Using the brakes barely slows it down too.

honestly feels like there's not enough sky to use them properly. I was pretty great with bf3 jets, in bf4 i always feel like i'm running out of space.

I definitely hate randoms that don't capture CQ flags.

But, now I'm starting to get annoyed by those that whilst they do capture, they don't understand the point that you also have to defend them.

Facism

I definitely hate randoms that don't capture CQ flags.

But, now I'm starting to get annoyed by those that whilst they do capture, they don't understand the point that you also have to defend them.

haha yeh. Too many people play CQ like it's TDM. I've seen loads of people skirt around and avoid flags, or just look intot he cap zone waiting for enemy team to spawn so they can miss them 18 times with their sniper rifle.

It's really bad on shit like Locker. Losing team always seems content to stay in the bottleneck around C racking up healing and resupply points. Who cares if you lose by 600 tickets? DEM POINTS.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I had the 0% health glitch after the patch as well for the first time.

I was all excited because I finally unlocked the G18 after grinding pistols. This pistol sucks! Why do you guys say it is good?
Some of the fixed bugs are still happening.
I also got a bug in which the 'shoot' sound of the Attack Boat would loop for ever.
Dunno if new but it was the first time ive heard it.

Tin Foil Hat Time: This patch was an old one scheduled before/during the holidays, we should get a 'proper' patch before next month.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
In the larger scheme of things, this one isn't really all that critical.

Yeah. That one is actually kinda funny/neat in a "art" way.

The bigger issue is NOT LETTING ME CHANGE SEATS (Specatator/Commander/Infantry) IN A GODDAMN GAME. WTF, this is like a "week" fix at most. Shooters of old can do it, why can't DICE? WTF? WTF? WTF?

zma1013

The bigger issue is NOT LETTING ME CHANGE SEATS (Specatator/Commander/Infantry) IN A GODDAMN GAME. WTF, this is like a "week" fix at most. Shooters of old can do it, why can't DICE? WTF? WTF? WTF?

You're talking about the people that didn't have a QUIT button in BF3 for 6 months on PS3 and 360.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

How do you know?

Also its a nice to have more than anything.
Squad Option should be the very first thing in the TODO list. (Though they said there's no plans to add it)

Server Update:

We've rolled out the R19 server version. Full documentation will become available soon.

R19 Server Update
-Introduced an update to our anti-cheat system
-Fix for a server crash that was caused by setting the vars.teamXFactionOverride value to 3
-The vars.teamFactionOverride command, with the <team> and <faction_id> parameters has been introduced, replacing the vars.teamXFactionOverride commands
-Vars.playerManDownTime has been removed as this was not working as designed

Fersis

so the 1% glitch now says 0%? Did these dudes just patch a glitch rather than remove the glitch altogether?
The 0% glitch already existed. Maybe the 1% and 0% are different glitches?

HelloMeow

Try maintaining your speed at 312 for max maneuverability.

VariantX

Strange as its sounds, I'm way better with jets in 3rd person than in first. I can follow the trails far better and stick to people like glue when I'm able to see far more of the sky at once. I really only use 1st person view to use missles. Maybe give 3rd person view a shot and see if it works for you

TheSeks

How do you know?

Because in the past you were able to do this easily. Over twenty years ago, in fact. It's not impossible to have a "is there a spot open? Yes? LET THEM TAKE THAT SPOT WITHOUT HAVING TO DISCONNECT" as an option. Double so with that S&D "spectator glitch" that happens in S&D.

The only reason why they don't allow it (IMO) is that they want to prevent rage-spectating to prevent WLR shenanigans.

Which dovetails into:

DICE REALLY SHOULD REMOVE MOST STATS FROM THE GAME.

Is there any reason not to switch the LMG on tanks and LAVs to the HMG now that I've unlocked it?

Does it overheat faster or anything?

And what's better for vehicle longevity: maintenance or reactive armor?

Fersis

Because in the past you were able to do this easily. Over twenty years ago, in fact. It's not impossible to have a "is there a spot open? Yes? LET THEM TAKE THAT SPOT WITHOUT HAVING TO DISCONNECT" as an option. Double so with that S&D "spectator glitch" that happens in S&D.

The only reason why they don't allow it (IMO) is that they want to prevent rage-spectating to prevent WLR shenanigans.

Which dovetails into:

DICE REALLY SHOULD REMOVE MOST STATS FROM THE GAME.
Well but the network architecture could be 100% different.
Just because a game does it it doesnt mean that others can as easily.

Facism

i feel you. Commander feels like a waste of fucking time because you can't jump out and contribute on the ground. They know this though, seeing as how every ability has a really quick cooldown so you've got no option but to stay commander and out of the game.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Is there any reason not to switch the LMG on tanks and LAVs to the HMG now that I've unlocked it?

The HMG is more powerful but it needs to be reloaded quite quickly, I forget how many shots you get... maybe 15 or so?

I'd say the choice between maintenance vs. reactive armor depends on your play style. My tank strategy is more conservative. I don't like to run into the middle and take tanks/engies head on so I roll with maintenance. If you're trying to beat other tanks in close battles then you may want to choose reactive armor.

Facism

The HMG is more powerful but it needs to be reloaded quite quickly, I forget how many shots you get... maybe 15 or so?

I'd say the choice between maintenance vs. reactive armor depends on your play style. My tank strategy is more conservative. I don't like to run into the middle and take tanks/engies head on so I roll with maintenance. If you're trying to beat other tanks in close battles then you may want to choose reactive armor.

HMG doesn't need reloading on the MBT, i use it all the time.

Ocho

HMG is better, in my opinion. Shame you missed the HMG pre nerf (when I could use it as a sniper... still can, but it's harder). As mentioned, there's no need to reload. You should be tapping the trigger, not spray.

Reactive armor with active protection is your best bet. I find that without reactive armor, it's very easy to cripple the tank with a critical shot. What's the use of a tank if I can't move? Maintenance and fire extinguisher works, but it's a hit and run tactic. You better back away if things are hot.

TheSeks

Well but the network architecture could be 100% different.

That's bullshit and you know it. And you're conveniently glossing over the "spectator glitch" S&D/Defuse has/had.

Infantry would now and then suddenly switch to spectator in a round. Which shows that it's COMPLETELY possible in their "network architecture" to do this.

Fersis

That's bullshit and you know it. And you're conveniently glossing over the "spectator glitch" S&D/Defuse has/had.

Infantry would now and then suddenly switch to spectator in a round. Which shows that it's COMPLETELY possible in their "network architecture" to do this.
Dunno about that bug since i dont play Defuse.

Chill Seks! Chill !
Im just sayin' that there's a reason why the game doesnt do it besides "Lazy DICE!"

Maybe its a Design decision like the new and much superior Squad Option T__T

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

You're completely misunderstanding the situation. What you are talking about is a glitch, DICE can't implement what you want because they don't know how it is happening.

Get it?

TheSeks

You're completely misunderstanding the situation. What you are talking about is a glitch, DICE can't implement what you want because they don't know how it is happening.

Get it?

Then, quite frankly my dear, DICE is stupid.

It shows it's completely possible for them to add that option. If they're too stupid to figure that out, I dunno what to tell you.

I should not have to disconnect to leave the commander seat if the team mutiny's or needs me in the infantry seats. Just like I shouldn't have to disconnect if I choose to spectate, see a spot open and then want to join.

The spectator and infantry is possible thanks to that glitch showing that it's possible. The commander one is the one that has merit with "oh architecture blah blah blah" but even then I don't buy it since you're still having to load into a map for an "overhead" active view instead of doing it through Battlelog or a separate app. And I say that with all the love in the world for DICE, but this is a weird "design issue" that quite frankly is easy to solve.

Formosa

For the PS4 players...

1) How do I aim and shoot correctly? I am having trouble with aiming an enemy if they are running away from my bullets, I would just keep on missing and can't keep track of the enemy.

2) When I get attacked, how do I locate the enemy who shot me? I look at the mini map for the red arrow mark all the time when get shot but it's always too late because I would be dead before I actually find them.

Milennia

For the PS4 players...

1) How do I aim and shoot correctly? I am having trouble with aiming an enemy if they are running away from my bullets, I would just keep on missing and can't keep track of the enemy.

2) When I get attacked, how do I locate the enemy who shot me? I look at the mini map for the red arrow mark all the time when get shot but it's always too late because I would be dead before I actually find them.

1) this is a personal mechanics problem, try leading your shots and use scopes etc. that have a decent FOV. Its hard to nail down what someones exact issue is in this situation, your best bet it to watch videos of decent players to gauge what you may be doing wrong, or what you need to do more of.
However, i dont know of many ps4 youtubers who are decent. I know jackfrags plays on xbox once in a while, so you can catch some of those, same deal.

2) silencers are common at this point, so it can be weird. However map awareness is also a personal mechanics issue just as the previous problem. Having a good headset and map knowldge helps, but pay attention to the map, don't stare at it, just know to look at it when you hear a shot or trying to locate a mark in a new area.

These things are fixed with practice.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So i recently traded for this game, and decided to finish up the campaign before diving into multiplayer... problem is it has been a major pain in the ass with all the crashes. Now I've reached a point I just can't get past whatsoever. Sounds like it's a common problem, but I'm trying to get to old town and every time I pass through the gate it just crashes... any help?

Schlep

For the PS4 players...

1) Enemies running directly away should be the easiest to kill, it's the ones running far away, side-to-side which are harder. Those are the ones you have to lead a bit. Hold down fire when point blank, burst fire at a distance. Make sure to pick a gun with good accuracy and hip fire. Don't worry about stability unless you have a hard time compensating for climb. Some guns also badly fire off center, so beware of those (eg. G36C is awful).

2) You should glance at your mini-map as often as possible. You're not going to see every person on there, but a decent enough number to help improve your chances of killing/avoiding being killed. A lot of it just comes from playing the game for a long time and realizing what people like to do on maps. For example, if someone is capping C on Zavod, they are most likely underground under one of the stairs.

1) this is a personal mechanics problem, try leading your shots and use scopes etc. that have a decent FOV. Its hard to nail down what someones exact issue is in this situation, your best bet it to watch videos of decent players to gauge what you may be doing wrong, or what you need to do more of.
However, i dont know of many ps4 youtubers who are decent. I know jackfrags plays on xbox once in a while, so you can catch some of those, same deal.

2) silencers are common at this point, so it can be weird. However map awareness is also a personal mechanics issue just as the previous problem. Having a good headset and map knowldge helps, but pay attention to the map, don't stare at it, just know to look at it when you hear a shot or trying to locate a mark in a new area.

These things are fixed with practice.

It also helps if you practice in the test arena using different guns and weapon sensitivity. I was only able to learn how to fly helicopters after hours of practice.

Milennia

It also helps if you practice in the test arena using different guns and weapon sensitivity. I was only able to learn how to fly helicopters after hours of practice.

Players can be unpredictable, theres only so much you can replicate in test range on those moving targets that just sway left and right.

OK so I've become pretty decent with the automatic weapons and ground/sea vehicles, but the sniper rifles and air vehicles are like witchcraft to me. I have no idea how people become good with these. I can sort of snipe, but when I do my SPM goes crashing down -- and I feel like staying at A sniping people at C isn't very useful to the team. What do most skilled recon do -- use DMR's/ACOG's on the snipers? How do I become proficient with these rifles?

And if someone is able to teach me how to learn to fly and become proficient with a jet/heli, I'd love you forever.

I have essentially the same questions, and have ever since I started playing Battlefield games regularly (all the way back to Bad Company 2). I did find the test range to be a bit of a help, especially with getting the feel of the sniper rifle, but I still can't execute very well in the heat of battle. You might just have to take the hit and be That Guy Who Doesn't Contribute for a while. Maybe only do it when you're on a team that's doing really well in a round, so you don't feel like so much of a jerk.

In the larger scheme of things, this one isn't really all that critical.

well sure but its still a glitch, and an annoying one if you are trying to spot enemies camping behind corners.

and they are distracting too, seeing bright sometimes huge red spots around the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom