• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

Dragon Pass just doesn't work on my console any more.

Player models, textures, sounds and whatever else just don't load. I essentially have to run around with a weapon spamming the spot button in hopes that there's an invisible player in front of me who hasn't seen me yet. Vehicles are all but useless when the damn warning tone and indicator doesn't show up when those invisible players are locking onto you.

and what's worse is that if you quit, you get stuck on an eternal black screen.

I swear to god, most of my problems only started happening the day I bought Premium. Game has turned into a complete mess.

scogoth

Player models, textures, sounds and whatever else just don't load. I essentially have to run around with a weapon spamming the spot button in hopes that there's an invisible player in front of me who hasn't seen me yet. Vehicles are all but useless when the damn warning tone and indicator doesn't show up when those invisible players are locking onto you.

I swear to god, most of my problems only started happening the day I bought Premium. Game has turned into a complete mess.

Sounds almost like your console is dying. I don't think I've heard of anyone have as many problems as you described.

Omni

Sounds almost like your console is dying. I don't think I've heard of anyone have as many problems as you described.

Oh? I've had it for years, so it's a real possibility. I have seen other people post about the same problems as I have though (just on the Battlelog Forums)

It's actually quite weird (and anecdotal :p). Before I got Premium, I couldn't play a full game on Dawnbreaker without it freezing. Afterwards however, it works flawlessly. Nowadays it's just loading Parcel Storm and Rogue Transmission that can be a bit glitchy - in that when joining a new server sometimes it will keep me on the loading screen until the match is over.

Dragon Pass was working perfectly beforehand too. I had no problems with the DLC at all.

*shrugs*

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Y1CKv5728#t=125Lol some people find the most interesting ways to kill others..

Didn't know you could snap individual cables. Interesting. Guess I'll have to try that next time I see two snipers on the cords instead of slamming SUAVs into their faces.

Nope, dice removed jumping + shooting

Shit is majorly annoying when I jump off a rock to shoot someone in the face and forget this isn't BF3 where I have the jump on them. *rage*

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot

Don't worry, it's not your Xbox dying - I have this exact problem with Dragon Pass every SINGLE time, all the time, regardless of the mode, right down to the same getting stuck in the eternal black loading screen when leaving it when it glitches up.

Which is why I've just abandoned ever touching the map period, and I eventually just stopped playing China Rising period because it meant that I'd have to leave the game every time the map was next. Having to leave every fourth game is not what I'd call fun, so I just dropped the whole map pack.

To think that I got it for free too - I would have been extra pissed if I had spent money on paying for China Rising, aside from the MTAR-21.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Didn't know you could snap individual cables. Interesting. Guess I'll have to try that next time I see two snipers on the cords instead of slamming SUAVs into their faces.

I remember seeing cable kills in a video near launch time that was debunking/proving BF4 myths (jackfrags maybe?), this specifically about being able to kills with the cables. I managed to get a chopper once with a lucky tank shot. ^^

Flood Zone: No snipers allowed.

6OlbpBE.png

Please explain how to use the airburst.

Do game updates not auto download when the PS4 is in stand-by?

---

You aim at the cover in front of your target to get a lock, then aim above the cover and shoot. The round should detonate slightly past their cover.

They really should take a page from MW3 and let me set the distance by clicking the 'steady-scope' button.

terrible

Banned
They do but the PS4 only checks for updates once a day at around 4 am local time. If updates release after that you get them the following day.

I was wondering why it never worked for me. That kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it? They should allow us to choose how often it checks for updates. Every hour would be more reasonable.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Did they do anything to the guns? I haven't used the Ace-23 in awhile, but it feels kind of different.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Had a couple of matches, best netcode experience so far.
Crossing fingers! 2 Patches til Release Candidate!

Facism

So many fucking 1 hit kills, kill trades, delayed kills, hits not registering despite hitmarkers since this new patch.

get the drop on a guy, hit him 7 times with the fucking RFB (7 hitmarkers) only for him to turn around and me drop dead before his model even fires a fucking bullet, 100hp left. This kind of happens 7 times in one fucking round across different players. How can an indie game like NS2 have better netcode than the shit they fed this game?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So many fucking 1 hit kills, kill trades, delayed kills, hits not registering despite hitmarkers since this new patch.

get the drop on a guy, hit him 7 times with the fucking DMR (7 hitmarkers) only for him to turn around and me drop dead before his model even fires a fucking bullet, 100hp left. This kind of happens 7 times in one fucking round across different players. How can an indie game like NS2 have better netcode than the shit they fed this game?
:(

Have you tried only joining 4 Ping Bar Servers?

TheSeks

Hahaha, that's amazing. But it's going to ruin matches with everyone and their mother trying to trigger it while the rest of us go "WTF" at exploding.

Fersis

So...

The Flickering glitch in the spawn screen still happens.
Enemies killing you with 0 HP still happens.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I had the 0% health glitch after the patch as well for the first time.

I was all excited because I finally unlocked the G18 after grinding pistols. This pistol sucks! Why do you guys say it is good?

TheSeks

I had the 0% health glitch after the patch as well for the first time.

I was all excited because I finally unlocked the G18 after grinding pistols. This pistol sucks! Why do you guys say it is good?

Because it is
in BF3
Burst fire and pretty accurate.

But again: I feel all the pistols besides the starter and MP-443 to be pretty bad this outing. How can you fuck up the M9/M1911 which were both good in BF3!?

TheSeks

I just played with some DICE employees haha. I thought they were fake so I didn't really talk to them until the end of the round. They were pretty cool; they repaired my heli and were good squadmates.
no one told them to fix the game in chat :p

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/423288752692233024/188618906/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/423288752692233024/249109282/ - coderoid
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/423288752692233024/367897752/ - Marutype
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/423288752692233024/199479531/ -TomTom_Attack

Interestingly, TomTom_Attack was a former Naughty Dog employee before joining DICE (LA?). Nope. DICE Sweden/DICE-DICE. Interesting. Guess Demize got some American's over there. Edit: Actually, looking at his BF3 PS3 profile he ran Visceral/Dead Space dev tags. I guess some Visceral employees folded into DICE-LA? I have no clue, or DICE-DICE is giving the Sweden Dev dogtag out to all "DICE" employees. Weird.

Coderoid is DICE-DICE.

Marutype seems to be DICE LA, since he isn't sporting DICE-DICE tag.

I ran into my own DICE LA person before in Rush (!) shockingly, but they only stayed for like 15 mins before bailing because their team was being destroyed. MY DOGTAGS! D:

Milennia

I need to get back into pub conquest lol.
Been playing private domination games for like a week straight.

Im tired of everyone using the same pistol/gun :/

93r
93r
93r
ACE23
ACE23
ACE23

And the extremely rare M416

But i did get to play with some top tier ESL players the other day in GB so i guess its going somewhere.
Pubstomping half a team of complexity felt pretty good.

This game has hella lotta problems in terms of esports, they just don't understand it, and i assume they pushed for it as they talked about it a ton prior to launch.
Maybe next time.

The maps don't work and you see some very glaring issues with movement and collision when playing in such a manner constantly.
Not even bugs, just game mechanics that don't support that type of speed/maneuvering, feels like it wants to be fast yet falls on its face.
The esports side of the game is 100% call of duty esque and it just doesn't fit.

Il probably stop playing private all together and wait for titanfall to quench my competitive thirst, i will instead play pub conquest which is way more fun and balanced as opposed to what i have been doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom