• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
1534933_10202858763691278_1400164221_o.jpg

1511656_10202858761091213_537485961_o.jpg

such a good patch! :D

Please understand.

(Im pretty sure every patch, the things that they claim to have fixed.. Happen MORE OFTEN, blows my mind)

I try, and based on DICE track record, they will keep updating the game so that half of the glitches will eventually get fixed. Most of the team is probably working on Battlefront and Battlefield 5 already to even care :/

And dont get me wrong, i love the series, best competetive shooters currently out there.

Milennia

I try, and based on DICE track record, they will keep updating the game so that half of the glitches will eventually get fixed. Most of the team is probably working on Battlefront and Battlefield 5 already to even care :/

And dont get me wrong, i love the series, best competetive shooters currently out there.

I have hope for visceral and that EA wont trounce them along... I have to.
Although a crime battlefield game does sound amazing on its own, if that ends up being the case.. Tommy guns lol.

I really want a sequel to bad company 2 for next gen and PC. If not that, than the next best thing for me would be a 2142 sequel or battlefront.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
...Patch!
1. Grenades now fall through more floors and rooftops than ever before!
2. Enemies will constantly show 0 health in killcams! This in all honesty doesn't make sense... seeing as though 0 health usually means dead, but whatever!
3. When loading new games, the screen will now stay black with the white loading box flickering... but nothing else happens!
4. Sound now drops out for All vehicles, not just IFVs!

...Seems to be breaking more than fixing.

...Patch!
1. Grenades now fall through more floors and rooftops than ever before!
2. Enemies will constantly show 0 health in killcams! This in all honesty doesn't make sense... seeing as though 0 health usually means dead, but whatever!
3. When loading new games, the screen will now stay black with the white loading box flickering... but nothing else happens!
4. Sound now drops out for All vehicles, not just IFVs!

...Seems to be breaking more than fixing.

Feels like battlefield launch day.

Ocho

Then, quite frankly my dear, DICE is stupid.

It shows it's completely possible for them to add that option. If they're too stupid to figure that out, I dunno what to tell you.

Exactly what I thought. Tunesmith's argument is, frankly, bonkers. If it is in the game, by any means, it is possible. That said, I don't care if I can't switch to spectator so whatever.

Schlep

Everyone announcing the issues with the patches makes me feel like they haven't been playing DICE games for very long, lol. I remember at one point in BF2, there was a bug that would show a red arrow above teammates' heads that lasted a good 6+ months.

Milennia

Everyone announcing the issues with the patches makes me feel like they haven't been playing DICE games for very long, lol. I remember at one point in BF2, there was a bug that would show a red arrow above teammates' heads that lasted a good 6+ months.

I have been announcing issue for over 5 years, doesn't mean I'm going to stop.
These games have the best bugs ever.

Timu

I've played all the main BF games...you would think DICE would learn by now after a decade of making BF games to add dat polish, not to mention they got more employees than past years.=O

For myself, after the last patch, I cant kill anyone. I have played a more then a few games and I paid close attention to my gunfire. Even if I sneak up on someone and have my red dot on them, my bullets do not hit. Have anyone have this issue?

Beaulieu

Just got a 200% xp boost in a crate, didnt know these existed, sweet.
also, since the latest patch on ps4, I keep getting killed by ennemies with 0 health. nice.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
For myself, after the last patch, I cant kill anyone. I have played a more then a few games and I paid close attention to my gunfire. Even if I sneak up on someone and have my red dot on them, my bullets do not hit. Have anyone have this issue?

Constantly.

This patch has made this game near unplayable.

Everyone i shoot shows 0 health in the kill cam, no matter when I started shooting at them.

Facism

squad wiped 4 recons on the crane at E flag on Rogue transmission with one mag of the airburst. Delicious fucking tears.

Milennia

squad wiped 4 recons on the crane at E flag on Rogue transmission with one mag of the airburst. Delicious fucking tears.

If you look up there, you will always find a recon.
Damn near 100%.. If ypu spawn as a recon on A side, you can just wait there and look up at the start of the game, free kills on the ladder leading up to the crane.

Kabuto

yes! The hit detection is definitely messed up after this patch for me too. LMGs are nearly useless for me now since I have to put in so many rounds in them and they just turn around and kill me instantly.

Facism

If you look up there, you will always find a recon.
Damn near 100%.. If ypu spawn as a recon on A side, you can just wait there and look up at the start of the game, free kills on the ladder leading up to the crane.

Indeed. I usually leave them alone because they contribute nothing to their team, benefitting us. Just haven't used airburst and 4 wookie losers was a tempting target lol

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
My first battlefield, not played since the patch but really enjoying it on xbone.

I did have one session where I couldn't kill anyone, my second session I was like 3 lucky kills per game if I was lucky. I couldn't even defib team mates while crouched on their body, things just weren't connecting. But fixed my internet and had a much better session the next day.

Anyone have any tips on how to best maximise the use of xp boosts? Some of my friends are saving them all for later, others think using it ASAP is best.

As much as this pains me since BF series has always been one of my favorite, I think I am done with the game until the hit detection is fix. I personally never had an issue but whats the point if I play an FPS and I cant hit anything :( hopefully this issue gets solved fast.

Rizific

OK so I've become pretty decent with the automatic weapons and ground/sea vehicles, but the sniper rifles and air vehicles are like witchcraft to me. I have no idea how people become good with these. I can sort of snipe, but when I do my SPM goes crashing down -- and I feel like staying at A sniping people at C isn't very useful to the team. What do most skilled recon do -- use DMR's/ACOG's on the snipers? How do I become proficient with these rifles?

And if someone is able to teach me how to learn to fly and become proficient with a jet/heli, I'd love you forever.

warning: incoming long post.

ill share how ive managed to become decent at sniping. ive got 14 service stars and just shy of 1.5k kills with the srr-61. but first things first, i like to play an aggressive recon (more on that later), so if youre looking for roof top camping and spawn zone prone 600 meter kill strats, then take that shit somewhere else. i hate you.

first word of advice, stick with one rifle and learn in well up until you unlock the srr. i stuck with the first rifle the cs-lr4 until i got the m98b, then the srr. reason being is that each rifle behaves differently. the bullet travel times and distances before drop off are different with each gun. jumping around between rifles will screw up your ability to learn the gun and how to properly lead moving targets and compensate for bullet drop.

second word of advice. when first starting out, try sticking to picking off stationary targets. targets like prone snipers (my favorite), people on turrets, engis looking up in the sky, people that are shooting and stationary, people sitting in jeeps/on bikes, people on the turrets of attack boats, and so on and so forth. now, obviously this is easier done with your target being fairly close (under 100m). and since they're stationary, hold your breath and aim for the head. if you miss the head but hit some other part, quickly take out your secondary and usually one shot is enough to finish the job. once you start getting comfortable with whatever rifle, then start taking shots at moving targets. youll soon learn how much to lead the target by and how much to compensate for bullet drop, which is by far the hardest part to get down consistently.

third, i guess this is where ill put the load out since it will tie into the next point.
1. rifle of your choice
attachments:
8x scope - suits me just fine at the distances i engage in
straight pull bolt - because fuck a bipod. again, stationary = easy head shot for another sniper
flash hider - because why not. i dont use suppressors.

2.side arm of your choice. personally i use the 93r for its burst fire capability. if i hit someone and dont down him, one or two from my three shot burst will finish him. and it gives me SOME fighting chance against infantry at close range.

3. gadgets
c4 for dealing with armor
radio beacon for getting my squad behind enemy lines and capping flags

4. v40 nades because OP

5 field upgrades
tough choice here, but i either use sniper (for the increased breath hold time) or defensive (for less damage to the chest).

fourth, lets talk about acquiring targets, shooting, and staying alive. when acquiring a target, the first thing you do (and this goes for every class) is SPOT him. after spotting him, your targets chance of dying by you or your team goes up because now everyone in the area knows where he is and he will remain spotted for a time making it easier for you to keep tabs on him. and this can be done even when not looking for targets. just scope in and spot the shit out of everything you see. now if your spotted target is at a distance and hes running around not giving you a decent shot, un scope and just watch him for a while at least until he gives you a decent shot. staying scoped in on him puts that scope glint on you. if he (or anyone else) sees it, theyll spot you too.

this is where the straight pull bolt comes in, for targets at a farther range. if you fire and HIT, stay scoped in to finish it off. now where this changes is when you are much closer to your enemies. after firing off a shot, un scope. while un scoped and attemptin to chamber the next round, use this time to quickly assess your surroundings. look at your mini map and try to quickly determine if you need to GTFO and move to a different location, or if youre ok to engage the same target OR a different one. again, if you didnt score a head shot but hit the body, pull out the side arm to finish it. now this may seem a bit much, but keep in mind all this happens in a matter of seconds and even less. youll get faster once you gain experience and become comfortable with the rifle.

compensating for bullet drop. this is where experience and how much you know your gun play a big roll. theres really not much to say about this except that youll have to figure it out as you go. if your first shot goes way over the head, obviously bring the sight down more. i dont use a range finder nor do i zero my scope. partly because with the srr, bullet drop starts to take effect MUCH FARTHER than any other rifle. this effectively takes out the compensation factor for probably %90 of the shots you take as an aggressive recon.

lastly, the radio beacon. i dont drop this shit on top of a building so i can spawn on it and camp it up. try to place it in a SAFE spot where your squad can spawn on and not be under direct fire. i find the big shipping containers that you can open and close to be a good spot. try putting it on the out skirts of a flag, where less traffic tends to go. and when you place it, try to get away from it. it beeps and enemies can hear it. if they hear it and they find it with you there, chances are youre dead. keep in mind that if there isnt a roof over the spawn beacon, those who spawn on it will be parachuted in. i tend to avoid that as much as possible because that means your beacon is out in the open and can easily be spotted. on top of that, if your squad is parachuted in, chances are enemies will see you and by the time you land you are spotted and have infantry coming for you.

Timu

You're not alone on that, this guy unloads 2 whole clips and did no damage to the guy somehow:

iF21ph8pkWktn.gif

Tried using the DMR for the first time... I think I'm gonna leave them alone.. forever.. I would get more kills with a defib while crawling then with these dmr smh

Milennia

warning: incoming long post.

ill share how ive managed to become decent at sniping. ive got 14 service stars and just shy of 1.5k kills with the srr-61. but first things first, i like to play an aggressive recon (more on that later), so if youre looking for roof top camping and spawn zone prone 600 meter kill strats, then take that shit somewhere else. i hate you.

first word of advice, stick with one rifle and learn in well up until you unlock the srr. i stuck with the first rifle the cs-lr4 until i got the m98b, then the srr. reason being is that each rifle behaves differently. the bullet travel times and distances before drop off are different with each gun. jumping around between rifles will screw up your ability to learn the gun and how to properly lead moving targets and compensate for bullet drop.

second word of advice. when first starting out, try sticking to picking off stationary targets. targets like prone snipers (my favorite), people on turrets, engis looking up in the sky, people that are shooting and stationary, people sitting in jeeps/on bikes, people on the turrets of attack boats, and so on and so forth. now, obviously this is easier done with your target being fairly close (under 100m). and since they're stationary, hold your breath and aim for the head. if you miss the head but hit some other part, quickly take out your secondary and usually one shot is enough to finish the job. once you start getting comfortable with whatever rifle, then start taking shots at moving targets. youll soon learn how much to lead the target by and how much to compensate for bullet drop, which is by far the hardest part to get down consistently.

third, i guess this is where ill put the load out since it will tie into the next point.
1. rifle of your choice
attachments:
8x scope - suits me just fine at the distances i engage in
straight pull bolt - because fuck a bipod. again, stationary = easy head shot for another sniper
flash hider - because why not. i dont use suppressors.

2.side arm of your choice. personally i use the 93r for its burst fire capability. if i hit someone and dont down him, one or two from my three shot burst will finish him. and it gives me SOME fighting chance against infantry at close range.

3. gadgets
c4 for dealing with armor
radio beacon for getting my squad behind enemy lines and capping flags

4. v40 nades because OP

5 field upgrades
tough choice here, but i either use sniper (for the increased breath hold time) or defensive (for less damage to the chest).

fourth, lets talk about acquiring targets, shooting, and staying alive. when acquiring a target, the first thing you do (and this goes for every class) is SPOT him. after spotting him, your targets chance of dying by you or your team goes up because now everyone in the area knows where he is and he will remain spotted for a time making it easier for you to keep tabs on him. and this can be done even when not looking for targets. just scope in and spot the shit out of everything you see. now if your spotted target is at a distance and hes running around not giving you a decent shot, un scope and just watch him for a while at least until he gives you a decent shot. staying scoped in on him puts that scope glint on you. if he (or anyone else) sees it, theyll spot you too.

this is where the straight pull bolt comes in, for targets at a farther range. if you fire and HIT, stay scoped in to finish it off. now where this changes is when you are much closer to your enemies. after firing off a shot, un scope. while un scoped and attemptin to chamber the next round, use this time to quickly assess your surroundings. look at your mini map and try to quickly determine if you need to GTFO and move to a different location, or if youre ok to engage the same target OR a different one. again, if you didnt score a head shot but hit the body, pull out the side arm to finish it. now this may seem a bit much, but keep in mind all this happens in a matter of seconds and even less. youll get faster once you gain experience and become comfortable with the rifle.

compensating for bullet drop. this is where experience and how much you know your gun play a big roll. theres really not much to say about this except that youll have to figure it out as you go. if your first shot goes way over the head, obviously bring the sight down more. i dont use a range finder nor do i zero my scope. partly because with the srr, bullet drop starts to take effect MUCH FARTHER than any other rifle. this effectively takes out the compensation factor for probably %90 of the shots you take as an aggressive recon.

lastly, the radio beacon. i dont drop this shit on top of a building so i can spawn on it and camp it up. try to place it in a SAFE spot where your squad can spawn on and not be under direct fire. i find the big shipping containers that you can open and close to be a good spot. try putting it on the out skirts of a flag, where less traffic tends to go. and when you place it, try to get away from it. it beeps and enemies can hear it. if they hear it and they find it with you there, chances are youre dead. keep in mind that if there isnt a roof over the spawn beacon, those who spawn on it will be parachuted in. i tend to avoid that as much as possible because that means your beacon is out in the open and can easily be spotted. on top of that, if your squad is parachuted in, chances are enemies will see you and by the time you land you are spotted and have infantry coming for you.

This is a pretty good post on the subject.

I only used the srr (1.2k kills) when i sniped, which is pretty rare actually, i just play a lot.
However for aggressive, (top dogs would be the fastest pull time, so the FY and the scout) i use the L96, due to its smooth pull and decent looks :p Deffinetly not the best rifle for medium, but i just like it and not many use it (or have it :p), so meh its fun and i do well with it.

So for long range it was the SRR period and for aggressive it was the L96 (would get better results with FY and scout).
Pistol is 93 for all kits, however it used to be the p226 and i still recommend it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just found out that there are gadgets tied to China Rising Assignments ... that sucks =/

Also: How do i use the China Rising Bomber?

Milennia

Just found out that there are gadgets tied to China Rising Assignments ... that sucks =/

Also: How do i use the China Rising Bomber?

On the china rising maps theres a little trailer usually in the middle , so D for altai and dragon pass (i may be getting these wrong... I never use the thing) C for silk road amd the cave flag (forgot the exact) for guilin.

You just walk up to and get inside like its a vehicle, your invincible when inside, but once your bombing run is over you get thrown out and are open to getting shot.
You just get in, its on rails... And you shoot. JDAMs down on people from ridiculously high up in the air.

However people camp this thing all day just to finish their assignments... So good lucky trying to get in one :/

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
On the china rising maps theres a little trailer usually in the middle , so D for altai and dragon pass (i may be getting these wrong... I never use the thing) C for silk road amd the cave flag (forgot the exact) for guilin.

You just walk up to and get inside like its a vehicle, your invincible when inside, but once your bombing run is over you get thrown out and are open to getting shot.
You just get in, its on rails... And you shoot. JDAMs down on people from ridiculously high up in the air.

However people camp this thing all day just to finish their assignments... So good lucky trying to get in one :/
Oooh thanks!

Also: WOW!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWZSyTq3kLw
I wonder if theres more... gonna join some empty servers right now!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
You're not alone on that, this guy unloads 2 whole clips and did no damage to the guy somehow:

iF21ph8pkWktn.gif

I've had that happen a few times since the patch. They also showed as having 0 health when I died.

How do you fuck up a patch like this Dice?

VariantX

Tried using the DMR for the first time... I think I'm gonna leave them alone.. forever.. I would get more kills with a defib while crawling then with these dmr smh

I feel like that whole class of weapons except for the SKS for me sucks. It just takes so much more work to get your kills than with any other weapon class. If I allow the recoil to settle between shots, I'll probably get killed before I get the third shot off because I'll lose the damage race or the suppression effect kicks in and I'm fighting with the sights. Fire like a madman, you wont hit shit, even if its right in front of you. If I engage at a distance, then your damage goes way down and only head shots are really viable at that point.

Formosa

1) this is a personal mechanics problem, try leading your shots and use scopes etc. that have a decent FOV. Its hard to nail down what someones exact issue is in this situation, your best bet it to watch videos of decent players to gauge what you may be doing wrong, or what you need to do more of.
However, i dont know of many ps4 youtubers who are decent. I know jackfrags plays on xbox once in a while, so you can catch some of those, same deal.

2) silencers are common at this point, so it can be weird. However map awareness is also a personal mechanics issue just as the previous problem. Having a good headset and map knowldge helps, but pay attention to the map, don't stare at it, just know to look at it when you hear a shot or trying to locate a mark in a new area.

These things are fixed with practice.

1) Enemies running directly away should be the easiest to kill, it's the ones running far away, side-to-side which are harder. Those are the ones you have to lead a bit. Hold down fire when point blank, burst fire at a distance. Make sure to pick a gun with good accuracy and hip fire. Don't worry about stability unless you have a hard time compensating for climb. Some guns also badly fire off center, so beware of those (eg. G36C is awful).

2) You should glance at your mini-map as often as possible. You're not going to see every person on there, but a decent enough number to help improve your chances of killing/avoiding being killed. A lot of it just comes from playing the game for a long time and realizing what people like to do on maps. For example, if someone is capping C on Zavod, they are most likely underground under one of the stairs.

Thanks man!

Divus

iF21ph8pkWktn.gif

This is me after the patch. I haven't even played it the last two night because of it and the 8 deaths in 4 matches where the guy was at 0 health yet was still getting hit in the kill cam without dying. I seen two other people on my team plus a friend noticing it was just two particular players.

Worst case of the hit detection was when I spawned in on a friend used every single round in my suppressed gun and a magazine from my pistol on a guy that went from 50 feet to about 20 feet from me. Luckily he was oblivious to where I was but I didn't hit him once in over a hundred rounds. I was hitting things around him and even shattered glass behind him, but nothing happened to him.

I had the weirdest glitch tonight, and I hope it's temporary. Some maps would gradually darken, and if I was inside a building I could barely see anything. Hainan looked like Paracel, the inside of the Zavod B building was pitch black. Very odd. Nothing wrong with my tv, and it wasn't an overall dimming. The only things different are the patch and I switched to suppressors on all my guns.

Stick with it. Try switching to a pistol if the first shot doesn't kill them. The MK11 MOD 0 is a much better gun to level up towards.

Omni

I keep having a weird thing happen to me. If I aim and shoot with an RPG, sometimes it will shoot off to the side, completely missing my target. It's very frustrating to die because of.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

I still haven't gotten the three triple kills because of everyone camping the goddamn thing (or taking my kills since I spot like a motherfucker to plan my bombing runs). GG DICE.

Assignments are fucking terrible this out, god. Watch Second Assaults be even worse than these for the F2000 and the like.

RFB is fine. A lot of people sleep on it. SKS is GDLK.

But DICE fucked them up from the beta. The beta they were as good as the BF3 variant (at least the RFB felt like BF3's SKS, IMO) but now? Netcode and other shit are fucking with them. Otherwise I'd use the SKS for "sniping" in general.

Milennia

I still haven't gotten the three triple kills because of everyone camping the goddamn thing (or taking my kills since I spot like a motherfucker to plan my bombing runs). GG DICE.

Assignments are fucking terrible this out, god. Watch Second Assaults be even worse than these for the F2000 and the like.

Nothing as bad as that, but they are weird as fucking shit in second assault,, they all have to do with the 4 specific maps and you need to do something on each of them..

The F2000 you need like 25 metro kills (need to be inside the metro itself) and something else i forgot.

The real fucked one though, is the GOL.. You need to stand on this SPECIFIC tower and get kills from it... Meaning everyone is Going to grief the shit out of you and just kill everyone up there cross map since theres always going to be someone there.

Worse than i thought.. Here they are http://www.escapistmagazine.com/gallery/view/26/130789/1982.6

FFS you need 2 kill assist ribbons for the F2000.. Guess i need to snipe half assed on metro.. Some of these are just dumb.
Then they to be nice and give you 3 camos for starting some random fires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom