• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I still don't get why they do this shit. Why not just give the weapons out for owning the maps? God.

Schlep

Definitely something going on since the patch. Can't count how many times tonight I had the drop on someone and got KO'd. Not as bad as the gif above, but enough to where it was very frustrating. Also had a 5 kill airburst, but as usual, the PS4 ate the video.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Then, quite frankly my dear, DICE is stupid.

It shows it's completely possible for them to add that option. If they're too stupid to figure that out, I dunno what to tell you.

I should not have to disconnect to leave the commander seat if the team mutiny's or needs me in the infantry seats. Just like I shouldn't have to disconnect if I choose to spectate, see a spot open and then want to join.

The spectator and infantry is possible thanks to that glitch showing that it's possible. The commander one is the one that has merit with "oh architecture blah blah blah" but even then I don't buy it since you're still having to load into a map for an "overhead" active view instead of doing it through Battlelog or a separate app. And I say that with all the love in the world for DICE, but this is a weird "design issue" that quite frankly is easy to solve.

Exactly what I thought. Tunesmith's argument is, frankly, bonkers. If it is in the game, by any means, it is possible. That said, I don't care if I can't switch to spectator so whatever.

It was meant as a dry joke! :)

E.g. DICE would love to implement such a feature but has no idea how to replicate the glitch to do so!

Also it wouldn't surprise me if the game dumps assets from memory when you enter Commander mode in-game which would prevent re-entry in to the match proper without a loading screen. That's just some speculation on my part though.

To whomever thought it was a good idea to bring back the 0 Health bullshit from Bad Company 2 and BF3, I would greatly appreciate it if you all:

1. Eat shit
and
2. Go Fuck yourself

Both literally and in particular order. The fact that this shit was brought back and I had this shit happen to me at least 5-10 times so far in the last couple of hours makes me physically ill. I'm glad I'm so close to Rank 110 so I can take an actual break from this fucking mess

bjscott05

To whomever thought it was a good idea to bring back the 0 Health bullshit from Bad Company 2 and BF3, I would greatly appreciate it if you all:

1. Eat shit
and
2. Go Fuck yourself

Both literally and in particular order. The fact that this shit was brought back and I had this shit happen to me at least 5-10 times so far in the last couple of hours makes me physically ill. I'm glad I'm so close to Rank 110 so I can take an actual break from this fucking mess

Jesus man, I know how you feel. Just played a round of Shanghai where three straight deaths came against people with 0 health. Fuckin sucks.

RFB is fine. A lot of people sleep on it. SKS is GDLK.

RFB with ACOG+Canted Ironsights with a grip is a good gun indeed, becomes very versatile :D
(and Hardcore Mode is good for grinding out quick kills with snipers+pistols if you cant get kills)

I was thinking of getting the game on PC, but I'm worried about the issues going on.

Is it safe now?

Battlefield is never stable, but its very playable now yes :D

Overdoziz

Banned

1. Eat shit
and
2. Go Fuck yourself

Its just a bug showing the wrong amount of health someone has left, it's not a big deal. Calm the fuck down. Also, you can stop playing before reaching the highest rank you know.

Omni

Reached rank 60 last night. Those multipliers really make it easy to rank up... I should reach the cap in a few months. Played over 600 hours of BF3 and didn't get close to reaching Colonel 100

Overdoziz

Banned
Is it? I can recall a few times in BF3 where I was still alive at 0%.
You can still get to 0% health on a rare occasion, but the current glitch definitely doesn't display the enemies' health correctly. It happened a couple of times yesterday and if the guy got killed afterwards I never got a 99% or 100% kill assist. At one point a friend and I got killed by the same guy at basically the same time and I saw him at 0% health and my friend saw him at 100%. It can be a bit annoying, but it doesn't affect gameplay really.

terrible

Banned
Either I just have bad luck or the latest PS4 patch basically broke the game. Every single server I played had the worst rubber banding and lag I've ever seen. Completely unplayable. Like I wouldn't even be moving but my screen would shake and I'd see inside the ground.

To make things worse I had a friend over and it probably completely threw him off the game. I've never seen the game this bad. We joined different servers after playing rounds like 5-6 times and it was the same every time. Damn. We played through it but it wasn't any fun really.

thenexus6

Can't wait to unlock the Spas 12, so I can run around like this badass

bob-peck.jpg

Only reason I ever use that gun in games is because of JP.

Anyone have any tips on how to best maximise the use of xp boosts? Some of my friends are saving them all for later, others think using it ASAP is best.

i use them when i know i'm going to play atleast an hour straight with a friend. Usually after warmup time we do our best rounds so the points are maximized.

And they go toward unlocks, why would you "save them for later"?

newsguy

Crazy question here. I loaned the game to a co worker and get it back today. How do you chamge loadouts in MP? He tild me he couldn't figure it out amd neither cpuld I before I loaned him the game. I remember seeing all of these available mods for my guns wwhenI ranked up but could never fimd how to apply them.

Omni

Crazy question here. I loaned the game to a co worker and get it back today. How do you chamge loadouts in MP? He tild me he couldn't figure it out amd neither cpuld I before I loaned him the game. I remember seeing all of these available mods for my guns wwhenI ranked up but could never fimd how to apply them.

You can do it on Battlelog or in-game before spawning. There's no option on the main menu for some reason

You can do it on Battlelog or in-game before spawning. There's no option on the main menu for some reason

Yup, its an incredibly annoying way of forcing Battlelog down our throats.

If its a console version when you are in the respawn menu, press square (or X i guess on the xbox) to edit the character class loadout.

The in game menu is a usability nightmare though, after selecting weapons, again by pressing square you can add attachments etc.

Either I just have bad luck or the latest PS4 patch basically broke the game. Every single server I played had the worst rubber banding and lag I've ever seen. Completely unplayable. Like I wouldn't even be moving but my screen would shake and I'd see inside the ground.

To make things worse I had a friend over and it probably completely threw him off the game. I've never seen the game this bad. We joined different servers after playing rounds like 5-6 times and it was the same every time. Damn. We played through it but it wasn't any fun really.

Rubber banding can be caused by 2 things that I know of. Either packet loss on the connection between you and the server or the server cpus being overloaded and not able to cope with sending out all the required updates to the players. If it is happening to you on every single server the problem is almost certainly going to be your connection. I've not seen any rubber banding for a few days here (also on ps4). I do think most of the rubber banding over xmas was caused by server overload though. Too many games running per box and lots of extra players would do that. Badly optimised maps wont help either.

Its just a bug showing the wrong amount of health someone has left, it's not a big deal. Calm the fuck down. Also, you can stop playing before reaching the highest rank you know.

not a big deal my ass. I would gladly have kill trading back over this shit. At least I would have the satisfaction of knowing that if I'm going down, the guy who's killing me is going down with me. DICE should have never tampered with it in the first place, the incompetent fucks

broony

not a big deal my ass. I would gladly have kill trading back over this shit. At least I would have the satisfaction of knowing that if I'm going down, the guy who's killing me is going down with me. DICE should have never tampered with it in the first place, the incompetent fucks

I am pretty sure the bug is that it just shows the wrong number. It will correctly know that their health is 23 or whatever, but it is displaying their health on your screen as 0.

They are not cheating you out of kiils, just showing the wrong numbers. You legitimatly got killed by someone else, they did not really have 0 health, its just the UI showing that.

I feel like that whole class of weapons except for the SKS for me sucks. It just takes so much more work to get your kills than with any other weapon class. If I allow the recoil to settle between shots, I'll probably get killed before I get the third shot off because I'll lose the damage race or the suppression effect kicks in and I'm fighting with the sights. Fire like a madman, you wont hit shit, even if its right in front of you. If I engage at a distance, then your damage goes way down and only head shots are really viable at that point.
Great post – brings up a lot of what I was gonna say. I've been trying to use the SKS the past few nights and its just worthless. It definitely feels like if I fast-trigger fire it like a pistol, I only get half the hitmarkers I should.

It's kind of funny, but the two weapons I miss most from BF3 are the two based on the 416 platform (yet I don't care for or use the 416).

The M27 IAR and the M417. The 417 was probably OP but it felt so good, a lot like the FAL from MW2 which I used to murder with. Shame I know they ain't coming in Second Assault, either...

Overdoziz

Banned
Christ.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Chill dude its just a game, its gonna get fixed.

Speaking of which, new minor Server Update R20 today

We’re rolling out a new minor server update on PC. As usual, it will take some time before a majority of the servers have updated to this new version, so you might experience some connection issues in the upcoming hours. Change notes will be published at a later time. Stay tuned to the Control Room for the latest.

1. Eat shit
and
2. Go Fuck yourself

Yo damn!

TheSeks

Can't wait to unlock the Spas 12, so I can run around like this badass

Only reason I ever use that gun in games is because of JP.

I consider it good, on par with the starting/given shotgun while the others (besides like the first two unlocks if that) go downhill fast in being "useful."

But it is a HIP-FIRE GUN. You don't want to ADS with the SPAS-12 since it's cone is so damn random in hitting shit in that mode.

Whereas the starting shotgun is good for ADS AND hip-fire.

Facism

kill trading hasn't gone anywhere! I get 3 kill trades at least, every fucking round. Game's netcode is trash, DiCe should be ashamed that they put this waste of fucking bytes out the door.

I keep having a weird thing happen to me. If I aim and shoot with an RPG, sometimes it will shoot off to the side, completely missing my target. It's very frustrating to die because of.

The RPG is like that. It's why I use SMAW instead, always shoots straight. Barely any drop either, so you can snipe people with it.

Overdoziz

Banned
The RPG is like that. It's why I use SMAW instead, always shoots straight. Barely any drop either, so you can snipe people with it.
Pretty sure it's a glitch, the same thing sometimes happens with snipers. Instead of going (relatively) straight forward it shoots like 30 degrees to the side.

scogoth

Pretty sure it's a glitch, the same thing sometimes happens with snipers. Instead of going (relatively) straight forward it shoots like 30 degrees to the side.

Thats not a glitch. Its DICE mechanics. When suppressed or moving the spread of the shot increases greatly. Does this make sense for a 200 round LMG? Maybe. Does it make sense for a single shot rifle? No, but DICE does it anyway.

I keep having a weird thing happen to me. If I aim and shoot with an RPG, sometimes it will shoot off to the side, completely missing my target. It's very frustrating to die because of.

My grenade launcher has started doing this. Never happened before, not once in a while it will completely miss the mark.

Thats not a glitch. Its DICE mechanics. When suppressed or moving the spread of the shot increases greatly. Does this make sense for a 200 round LMG? Maybe. Does it make sense for a single shot rifle? No, but DICE does it anyway.

https://twitter.com/Demize99/status/423106787198263296

TheSeks

RPG's are a glitch. But LMG hip-fire into ADS is...? a bug?

I'd assume that was intentional and frankly would leave it like that, but then you get into situations where you want to snap ADS accuracy boost and can't because that "bug" is there. :/

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Man LMGs are absolute beasts.

I tried to get into a Bomber last night but theres always someone camping in front of the cabin =/

If you cant Deploy once you just joined a game

Just run pbsetup and update your punkbuster to the new version....

For the people who don't know how to install or update.

01. Go to this link and download the PB: http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php [punkbuster.com]
02. Run it's Installation and it will open you a window.
03. If you game is not there... click "ADD GAME" and choose your game and click UPDATE.

Edit: seems the new server update and updating punk buster seems to fix the hit detection issuse I was having :D

GG Gaz, sorry I didn't talk, I was in a party filled with hooligans.

Also had a damn nice run on randoms today, pushed the enemy back into their spawn for five straight games.

If you cant Deploy once you just joined a game

Edit: seems the new server update and updating punk buster seems to fix the hit detection issuse I was having :D

Thanks for this.

Edit: And now I can't spawn at all, what the hell. >.>

Okay so my soldier actually spawns but the deployment screen doesn't go away at all, and I can only see the first person view of my soldier from the small screen on the bottom left corner. Not that it matters because I can't control it either way.

Still unable to spawn even with punkbuster updated?

I can't actually get into the game to see whether or not the respawn issue is fixed lol. My soldiers spawns in but the deployment screen stays. I tried redeploying several times and reconnecting to a server, didn't work. And then the game crashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom