• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schlep

Just rage quit after being 10 feet away from someone, sniping them in the head, which caused them to turn around and kill me. Something is very off since the update.

Man LMGs are absolute beasts.

I tried to get into a Bomber last night but theres always someone camping in front of the cabin =/
that bomber shit does my fucking head in, i just want one single bombing run then i never need to touch the fecker again.

starting to come round on lmgs, unlocked the qbb and it is indeed beastmode. Feels just right with the ironsights, easily my favourite LMG so far. If there was an extended mag option then it might be the gun i would sneak out to spend an evening with when I was having an argument with my BC2 AN-94.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
that bomber shit does my fucking head in, i just want one single bombing run then i never need to touch the fecker again.

You have to do 15 + 3/3-kill on a bombing run (or in a round from it) it's total bullshit. 1 kill for the SUAV. Then jet kills for the CUAV. Then 3-3kills on the bombing run/15 kills total from the bombing run for the Cruise Missile (a modification for the CUAV?) and some other missile.

Assignments this outing are pure bullshit.

And I told ya'll LMG's are good this outing just like they were in BF3. Only thing that's changed is the suppression system and not being able to increase suppression with a perk.

Dr Prob

Banned
Seems weird that the Mobile AA barely has to move at all in order to be effective, especially since there's already an automatic (provided the target is spotted) AA in the spawn.

Range needs to be cut in half. Want to lock down the air? Have at it, but you've got to move the fuck up and deal with threats like everyone else. That thing is ridiculous. Even if it's 100,00 miles away (a conservative estimate), you don't get a warning on the active radar missiles until they're up your butt. And also other things don't work.

Omni

There's a weird bug with crouching since the latest patch on Xbox. You can be crouched but randomly bob up and down

No idea if it happens in third person. Just something I noticed tonight

Seems weird that the Mobile AA barely has to move at all in order to be effective, especially since there's already an automatic (provided the target is spotted) AA in the spawn.

Range needs to be cut in half. Want to lock down the air? Have at it, but you've got to move the fuck up and deal with threats like everyone else. That thing is ridiculous. Even if it's 100,00 miles away (a conservative estimate), you don't get a warning on the active radar missiles until they're up your butt. And also other things don't work.

Yup, and they are terrible in Golmud Railway and Lancang Dam where they can virtually see across the entire map and potentially spawn kill air vehicles from their own damn base in Lancang.

Right now there is very little incentive for the MAA to barely even move out of its base because some of the maps like the ones I've mentioned earlier are basically flat land in which any enemy air vehicle that shows up in the air is shot down quickly or has to retreat and become almost useless because of it. Right now I'm feeling any MAA driver that gets anywhere near the middle of the map is usually run by an incompetent teammate who is about to bail the vehicle and give the enemy the golden opportunity to steal it.

I'm really disappointed in how long the cooldown for countermeasures are for aircrafts, you have more ways to kill them than in any other Battlefield game and yet they take almost half a minute to recharge.

Schlep

Losing 11 out of the last 13 rounds (on different servers, no less) has convinced me that it's time to put this game down for a bit. Ordinarily I can make my own fun, but even that has been shit upon lately. I actually had someone take a buggy I was using tonight, I joked around shooting at the glass, and he decided to drive towards me and get out so I got killed.

Rey

Definitely something going on since the patch. Can't count how many times tonight I had the drop on someone and got KO'd. Not as bad as the gif above, but enough to where it was very frustrating. Also had a 5 kill airburst, but as usual, the PS4 ate the video.

Same here. Since the patch the game is a disaster for me. Lag/rubberbanding and horrible hit detection.

Conquest on PS4.

You have to do 15 + 3/3-kill on a bombing run (or in a round from it) it's total bullshit. 1 kill for the SUAV. Then jet kills for the CUAV. Then 3-3kills on the bombing run/15 kills total from the bombing run for the Cruise Missile (a modification for the CUAV?) and some other missile.

Assignments this outing are pure bullshit.

And I told ya'll LMG's are good this outing just like they were in BF3. Only thing that's changed is the suppression system and not being able to increase suppression with a perk.

the jet kills were a pain but i finally did it, only to find out the ucav isn't even that good. Unless it can be replenished?

forgot the cruise missile accomplishment, i cant get into the bomber once, let alone enough times to unlock that :(

Milennia

the jet kills were a pain but i finally did it, only to find out the ucav isn't even that good. Unless it can be replenished?

forgot the cruise missile accomplishment, i cant get into the bomber once, let alone enough times to unlock that :(

It can be resupplied.. However it was nerfed to 90 seconds as its was OP as fuck.

Same here. Since the patch the game is a disaster for me. Lag/rubberbanding and horrible hit detection.

Conquest on PS4.

The lag/rubberbanding and hit detection have been worse for me as well on PS4 since the patch. Hainan and Lancang lag like a bitch, not that they didn't before, but it seems to be even worse now.

Semper88

Same here, had loads of trouble hitting people yesterday...

That netcode, my god 6 out of the 10 deaths look like i get one shotted.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Played a match last night and it was fine. (Based PS4)

Rey

The lag/rubberbanding and hit detection have been worse for me as well on PS4 since the patch. Hainan and Lancang lag like a bitch, not that they didn't before, but it seems to be even worse now.

Its absolutely worse after the patch.

I thought i screwed up my rifle by putting the flash hider on it. I would hit people multiple times and they would kill me with 100% health.. WTF

Omni

no need for this post any more. I didn't realise that people were so uptight and would get angry over a trivial action in-game

So, I figure no one will care or agree, but this game could really use custom slots per class. The way I use a support on flood zone is nothing like op locker. My engi set-up on Zavod is very different than Rogue Transmission. Etc. Etc.

It's not even that I'm tired of changing them every other map or game type, but that I keep getting late starts to games, and in particular on Rush, where it should definitely have a larger countdown to start, its the difference between being able to rush-arm an MCOM and not.

Omni

So you do something to provoke people and then are shocked when they feel provoked?

Provoke him? Eh. I mean, I get that a person can get frustrated when dying over and over. But I don't see how crouching over someone's body a couple of times justifies several messages containing foul language (and even racism in the last one)

*shrugs*

Provoke him? Eh. I mean, I get that a person can get frustrated when dying over and over. But I don't see how crouching over someone's body a couple of times justifies several messages containing foul language (and even racism in the last one)

*shrugs*

It doesn't, but why did you bother teabagging him if not as an insult?

Schlep

*shrugs*

Different people react differently. You're trying to illicit a response, and my guess is you will get one at least half the time.

Omni

It doesn't, but why did you bother teabagging him if not as an insult?

It's a habit from Halo. Teabag in those games and it's all good fun - Next time you die, they'll teabag you back. Essentially it's a cycle.

First time I've ever received a response like that, though, and was just curious whether people actually find it insulting

vixlar

So, I figure no one will care or agree, but this game could really use custom slots per class. The way I use a support on flood zone is nothing like op locker. My engi set-up on Zavod is very different than Rogue Transmission. Etc. Etc.

It's not even that I'm tired of changing them every other map or game type, but that I keep getting late starts to games, and in particular on Rush, where it should definitely have a larger countdown to start, its the difference between being able to rush-arm an MCOM and not.

That's something I always wanted for this game.

*shrugs*
You don't see how being a douche can garner vitriol from your victim?

Teabagging is definitelty an insult. The only time I break it out is when some guy is being a real bitch and I thwart him, or if some guy is ultra-camping and I repeatedly kill him.

Teabagging a dude you're already owning is throwing salt in the wound.

As for it being a hold-over from Halo, it wasn't done because it was nice then, either.

Schlep

I prefer to get them for doing something awesome like roadkilling someone over and over who keeps going to the same spot to snipe.

Teabagging doesn't suit BF like it does Halo.

You can be much more creative with your insults in BF.

I much prefer using C4 for sending a message.

Sexy man pose.

NKpgQZc.gif

Stainless

Started using EOD bot last night on a whim. I rolled up behind 1 guy and killed him, he was like "lol...nice". People don't even look for this thing half the time.

Then I went and killed 3 or 4 more people and destroyed a tank. I was laughing so hard.

Losing 11 out of the last 13 rounds (on different servers, no less) has convinced me that it's time to put this game down for a bit. Ordinarily I can make my own fun, but even that has been shit upon lately. I actually had someone take a buggy I was using tonight, I joked around shooting at the glass, and he decided to drive towards me and get out so I got killed.

If you are on PS4, you need to play with GAF on your team. The GAFers I play with each night carry the team across the finish line. I am 20-1 win/loss the past 3 nights. And that loss was from a very well organized clan that really deserved the win.

Started using EOD bot last night on a whim. I rolled up behind 1 guy and killed him, he was like "lol...nice". People don't even look for this thing half the time.

Then I went and killed 3 or 4 more people and destroyed a tank. I was laughing so hard.

matches are usually so hectic that EOD/UAV and even Claymores pretty much always guarantee a kill :p It's more of a choice of do you want to use the equpment slot for a free kill or something generally more useful :D

In other news, finally unlocked the Colt 1911, soon im out of this pit of just using pistols and random ass weapons and start playing properly :D

Milennia

Some dude sent me a maessage after knifing me 3 times on D on hainan, in a 15 person game ..

He then proceeded to semd me a messahe saying "come find me ^_^", i then foumd him 4 times and knifed him 4 times a in a row, my first teabag of battlefield 4 commenced thus after.

I teabag douchebags who send me messages, but its killing them that feels good.
Dude was also teabagging me, so yeah, not like i give a shit or anything.. Just makes me wanna find him and knife him some more.
I don't do it to people who are just playing normally and getting slammed, i just do it to douchebags.

I was teabagged, butt fucked (teabagged on my ass), shot repeatedly, and c4ed after death.

The butt fucked was hilarious. I wonder what I did to make him that mad?

If you are on PS4, you need to play with GAF on your team. The GAFers I play with each night carry the team across the finish line. I am 20-1 win/loss the past 3 nights. And that loss was from a very well organized clan that really deserved the win.
I was bored and looking at battlelog today and I was a little stunned that how many of the regulars the past few nights have fairly average stats. Just goes to show how much PTFOing makes a difference.

Edit: I'm 49-4 the past few days, though not all of those are GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom