• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mafro

Started using EOD bot last night on a whim. I rolled up behind 1 guy and killed him, he was like "lol...nice". People don't even look for this thing half the time.

Then I went and killed 3 or 4 more people and destroyed a tank. I was laughing so hard.
I love using the EOD bot on Shanghai or any other map that has tall buildings with lifts. It's hilarious when someone gets trapped in there with you and watching them completely panic as you kill them.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Yeah. Though admittedly the patch has fixed the China Rising map glitch for me, so that's nice, I'm experiencing a lot more problems than I did before.

they haven't even got the server queue up and running on Xbox yet.

They actually fixed the China Rising glitches? I might try those maps again after all.

And oh yeah, I forgot to mention two other problems I had yesterday - I haven't touched Assault in ages despite all my classes being close playtime-wise for variety, but yesterday it occurred way too often that I couldn't revive teammates that freshly died right in front of me, and right on top of them. Mainly happens to people outside of my squad, even trying three or four times while the icon is on them still. Happens with squadmates too a couple times, but definitely not as much with non-squadmates. Practically every other match yesterday there was at least a couple people I couldn't revive.

And the reason I only played Rush was because no servers with at least one person showed up in the server browser - they were all empty. Even after a few minutes of searching.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I got killed by some dude sniping me with a shotgun while stood on a roof across the map! He totally obliterated me and the cover I was behind with about 4shots in the space of 2 seconds.

Is this a weird occasional bug, an overpowered combo of attachments or a common bug in the game? It was the first shotgun you unlock.

To demo how far away he was, I ADS on him before he destroyed me and he was pretty much the same size as my red dot.

Facism

I got killed by some dude sniping me with a shotgun while stood on a roof across the map! He totally obliterated me and the cover I was behind with about 4shots in the space of 2 seconds.

Is this a weird occasional bug, an overpowered combo of attachments or a common bug in the game? It was the first shotgun you unlock.

To demo how far away he was, I ADS on him before he destroyed me and he was pretty much the same size as my red dot.

triumphant return of sniper-slugs from BC2? :O :O :O

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The game definitely got worse in the hit detection and one hit kill nonsense. My goodness.

Yesterday I had just one guy in one match out of five, today I had two in my first match today who were in the same clan or whatever. One shot death every damn time even when I get the jump on them first and get plenty of hitmarkers that should have dropped them.

And there are still no local Conquest servers so I can't play with at least one friend. If they had half a brain, I could have made a party lobby and do Quick Match via that, but hey, not only can I not filter Quick Match for regions and the like, I can't search in a group because DICE is too hardheaded to implement it.

This fucking game I swear. How can a dev be so incompetent with their own game running on their own engine.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nope. Just search for Conquest
Or Rush/Obliteration. ;_;
and you'll generally find them if they're playing ONE (!) round at the same time you are.

scogoth

Does GAF have a server on PC?

Yes there are servers owned by gaffers. Don't know anyone who plays on them though.

They need to.

No we tried it for BF3, raised +$1000 for renting and no on wanted to play on it. You need to be willing to play on a server with only 4-10 people until it fills up and no one wanted to do that. Ended up buying a goat for an impoverished family iirc.

Nope. Just search for Conquest
Or Rush/Obliteration. ;_;
and you'll generally find them if they're playing ONE (!) round at the same time you are.

We play many rounds! Not my fault you keep joining the last round we play =P

Certain thread I should join or someone to PM?

Send me a friend request, same name as here.

Are there PS4 servers with all maps in their cycle? I can only seem to find servers with either vanilla or CR maps.

Nope, either/or for now. It's too bad, because I like China Rising (save for Silk Road), but I don't want to play the same small set of maps on repeat or have to reassemble the team in another server.

Is there a reason why Battlelog only gives me the option to join certain friends games? (i.e. the arrow you click on)

I've been in games with 5 friends but battle log will only list one as joinable for the very game I'm in.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
1: No.
2: There are a few annoying checkpoints, but it's something you can just grind through slowly even if you're finding it hard.
3: It's still awful. Better than BF3's, but worse than Bad Company and the CoD games

1. nope

2. it's a joke

3. run of the mill 4.5 hr frostbite tech demo

There are some cameos, meaning its the same universe, but they aren't directly connected at all.

Easy as shit, seriously.. You can stand in front of the enemies and they will miss, just play on hard and get it over with, whole thing is about 4 hours.

IMO its the worst FPS campaign of a AAA military shooter i have every played, unless I'm forgetting something from years ago, deffinetly bad compared to previous installments.

Thanks for the answers guys! I was fully prepared for the campaign to suck (or be a glorified tech demo) so I'm glad that "hard" isn't hard because I'm just going to do that in case it's so bad that I won't want to play it again. Also, kinda wish it wasn't even in the same universe (despite how bad the story may or may not be) just because I don't like getting numbered games if I've never played the previous games, but as long as the story isn't connected at all and the cameos have no real significance then I guess that's not so bad.

Regardless, I did get this mainly for the multiplayer, but I always like to finish the campaigns as well (and I generally still care about the story).

scogoth

Liar. You played it one time and then left.

ibzj5kuAOvo9oi.PNG

You need to play at the right times.

TheSeks

Right time being evening. Not like 1PM/13:00 on a weekday.

TheSeks

Is there no real Xbone crew on this?

X-box 720...

XsbqvVD.png

(Like Faceless said. Most of the X-box people jumped ship as soon as the DRM announcement happened. Smart girls, that bunch. Too bad they joined a sinking ship of online play fees. :()

Anybody use the battle screen on this? I tried using it on an old laptop, but it ran like shit. Updating flash made it a little better, but its still kinda laggy and choppy. I wouldn't mind if it just tried to update once a second rather in real time. It also wouldn't hurt if you could zoom on the map a little bit. Really don't give a shit whats happening in my spawn, for starters.

X-box 720...

XsbqvVD.png

(Like Faceless said. Most of the X-box people jumped ship as soon as the DRM announcement happened. Smart girls, that bunch. Too bad they joined a sinking ship of online play fees. :()
enjoy Conquest. A Battlefield(TM) Staple.

you can watch Rush and Obliteration videos on my Youtube channel.

Gaz_RB

GG Gaz, we made a great team.

Also this the double lock on trick I was talking about.

Go to 4.10 on this video.

Wow, that's awesome. Definitely going to have to start using that more often.

And yeah we do make a good team. It was almost unfair!

Anybody use the battle screen on this? I tried using it on an old laptop, but it ran like shit. Updating flash made it a little better, but its still kinda laggy and choppy. I wouldn't mind if it just tried to update once a second rather in real time. It also wouldn't hurt if you could zoom on the map a little bit. Really don't give a shit whats happening in my spawn, for starters.

I really like it. It's nice to have it on my laptop right next to my TV so I can figure out where the hotspots are and where I'm needed most.

Runs fine for me, but I agree about the zooming. Pretty annoying that you can't.

TheSeks

Consoles? I think it requires a bit more RAM than BF4 wants on PC normally.

The Faceless Master said:
enjoy Conquest. A Battlefield(TM) Staple.

You were the Chosen One! You were supposed to destroy the Online Fees, not join them! Bring balance to the Gaming, not leave it in darkness!

Or something like that.

(I really gotta get a SSD since people are abusing that faster load to speed cap in Rush on PC.)

Oh and speaking of which, Dream: My old gal is starting to show signs of age. Maybe once Nvidia brings NV-sync (bye bye bye frame tearing?) out I'll probably get a new one.

traitors. I am on now with some mates anyway if anyone wants to join
Traitors? There is no brand loyalty. I will not eat a shit sandwich for Bill Gates.

Edit:
I really like it. It's nice to have it on my laptop right next to my TV so I can figure out where the hotspots are and where I'm needed most.

Runs fine for me, but I agree about the zooming. Pretty annoying that you can't.
Ok, then its the old ass laptop. Not surprised Flash doesn't utilize more than one of its cores. Thanks

TheSeks

anyone know why sometimes when i put down a mortar and then begin to aim with it it just explodes of it's own accord?

Like the CUAV: If someone steps in front of the fire/tube as your round/UAV goes off/out of it it'll "explode" and damage the deployable. At least I'm assuming it's the same.

JJD

Send me a friend request, same name as here.

Nope, either/or for now. It's too bad, because I like China Rising (save for Silk Road), but I don't want to play the same small set of maps on repeat or have to reassemble the team in another server.

EA/DICE should find another way to monetise the game. Maps should be free for anyone that bought the game new like BC2.

Fracturing the user base is always not a good thing. More than half of the DLC maps from BF3 were almost completely ignored.

I would be OK with selling weapons if they are properly balanced. Even the ACE family of guns for exemple on BF4.

You can do well with any gun in the game if you know what you're doing and play to the weapon strenghs.

Renting servers too is fine if it helps giving the maps for free. Premium should offer early access, weapons/accessories and double XP events only.

EA/DICE should find another way to monetise the game. Maps should be free for anyone that bought the game new like BC2.

Fracturing the user base is always not a good thing. More than half of the DLC maps from BF3 were almost completely ignored.

I would be OK with selling weapons if they are properly balanced. Even the ACE family of guns for exemple on BF4.

You can do well with any gun in the game if you know what you're doing and play to the weapon strenghs.

Renting servers too is fine if it helps giving the maps for free. Premium should offer early access, weapons/accessories and double XP events only.

There free maps in BC2 were mostly already on the disc since day 1, just not playable in all modes. I think there were only like 2 or 3 actual dlc maps. I much prefer the bf3/BF4 method of actually getting new maps, weapons gadgets and vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom