• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

I was bored and looking at battlelog today and I was a little stunned that how many of the regulars the past few nights have fairly average stats. Just goes to show how much PTFOing makes a difference.

Edit: I'm 49-4 the past few days, though not all of those are GAF

Im 35-3 and 85% of my games were a solo queue.

terrible

Banned
Spot and stay out of sight, the two step plan for survival as Assault when you see a vehicle that can kill you driving in your direction.

Milennia

Spot and stay out of sight, the two step plan for survival as Assault when you see a vehicle that can kill you driving in your direction.

Going from cover to cover along the way to wherever you are going is the only way to survive. I play on foot 99% of the time in CQ and that's probably more important than anything else.

As do i if tanks aren't up, going from cover to cover slows you down to a crawl, i don't die to tanks because i either dance around them because most pilots are too bad to back out into 3rd person and track, or i avoid them and use vehicles to cross open gaps.

Even better most don't understand you can just jump out an kill, then get back in.

terrible

Banned
As do i if tanks aren't up, going from cover to cover slows you down to a crawl, i don't die to tanks because i either dance around them because most pilots are too bad to back out into 3rd person and track, or i avoid them and use vehicles to cross open gaps.

Even better most don't understand you can just jump out an kill, then get back in.

I generally end up 1st in kills and points by going from cover to cover so I don't know if I'd say it slows me to a crawl.

Milennia

I generally end up 1st in kills and points by going from cover to cover so I don't know if I'd say it slows me to a crawl.

I am consistently as well, maybe you should clarify what you mean by cover to cover.
Do you literally crouch at every wall you can?

I go from flag to flag without crouching a single time and sprinting 100% and end up fine.
Although i play with a camping recon who ends his games first in kills as well, so i guess its not completely out of the question.

terrible

Banned
I am consistently as well, maybe you should clarify what you mean by cover to cover.
Do you literally crouch at every wall you can?

I go from flag to flag without crouching a single time and sprinting 100% and end up fine.
Although i play with a camping recon who ends his games first in kills as well, so i guess its not completely out of the question.

I just mean I try to take routes that have lots of cover I could use for a headglitch along the way. If I see a ton of people pop up on the radar I'm never far from a spot where I'll have the advantage over them. I try to have my entire body in the open as infrequently as possible.

Even if I'm going up a hill or something I try to take a route that makes me harder to see, whether it be trees or whatever blocking sight, etc. I cut through buildings and such a lot too when possible. I never crouch or crawl or anything.

Milennia

I just mean I try to take routes that have lots of cover I could use for a headglitch along the way. If I see a ton of people pop up on the radar I'm never far from a spot where I'll have the advantage over them. I try to have my entire body in the open as infrequently as possible.

Even if I'm going up a hill or something I try to take a route that makes me harder to see, whether it be trees or whatever blocking sight, etc. I cut through buildings and such a lot too when possible. I never crouch or crawl or anything.

Oh, this is what i mean, this is what i do and say everyone should do lol.
Your wording made me think you stopped at cover to cover.

terrible

Banned
Oh, this is what i mean, this is what i do and say everyone should do lol.
Your wording made me think you stopped at cover to cover.

Yeah my wording was dumb, that's why I deleted it but you caught it too quickly lol.

If anything stopping at every piece of cover for no reason would probably just get you killed more than anything. So many snipers everywhere :(

Erban1

Just friend requested a bunch of folks from the ps4 doc, I hope I can catch someone online soon...running with randoms has been really hit or miss.

I'll be on around 11 central tonight if anyone is up for a few games...

Just friend requested a bunch of folks from the ps4 doc, I hope I can catch someone online soon...running with randoms has been really hit or miss.

I'll be on around 11 central tonight if anyone is up for a few games...

Add me CanadaCool589

There are so many names on that list it's impossible to tell who actually plays

Milennia

Many of the frequent ps4 players either quit on that list or play much less, so yeah it can be difficult, adding the list helps though, it is fairly recent and up to date.

Short cut for me is,
PSN: cyborg1 (Going to play on here again as opposed to Pc as thats where i was doing my private Gb games, since I'm done with that, ill be on Ps4 a ton more)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is this all on consoles? I've gotten teabagged maybe once in the past year on PC.

I did it on consoles, it's too much work on PC to bring my finger to L. Ctrl.

I generally do it to someone that kills me repeatedly in a minor annoyance "FUCK YOU" insult/replay-passive-aggressive sort of way.

Or if they do it to me first.

Don't take main roads, ever, as anything, especially assault.

Shouldn't be taking main roads as a vehicle, either.
Of course I do it if I'm in a rush. Derp mode on there.

I don't get the skill thing in this game. It's so bizzare.

Usually I go anywhere between +8 to +25 in skill in a good CQ game.

Tried Obliteration today, on Rouge Transmission, went positive, planted a bomb, was top of the leaderboard...-24 skill. Wut.

Milennia

I don't get the skill thing in this game. It's so bizzare.

Usually I go anywhere between +8 to +25 in skill in a good CQ game.

Tried Obliteration today, on Rouge Transmission, went positive, planted a bomb, was top of the leaderboard...-24 skill. Wut.

Gave up on trying to understand that bullshit a while ago..
Mine just hovers around 350 sometimes spiking to 410.

terrible

Banned
Gave up on trying to understand that bullshit a while ago..
Mine just hovers around 350 sometimes spiking to 410.

Doesn't even make sense in CQ sometimes

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/420506568362557376/944294068/

6 flag capture ribbons, 22 flags defended, 46 kills, +0 skill.

wut

Yeah, It's hilariously implemented. I remember in BC1 you got to level 50 and then your skill showed but I can't remember if it was better implemented.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's the same since BC1: Beat someone "higher skill" than you to raise your skill. Die to someone lower skill than you often enough to lower skill.

I think BF4 is the first time they tried to change that system, but it's bullshit. Ignore it.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Didn't play the game in the last two weeks, got the update just to see if these clowns actually fixed anything. True to form, just as others said, not only do all of the stupid crap still exist in the game, but the patch broke even more things in the game.

One lone guy in one match kept killing me in one shot the whole match why I could kill everyone else just fine. On Lancang Dam, I spawned on a teammate near the beach in Rush where the first objective is on that little pier. Ended up swimming under the level along with the rest of the squad that spawned on him. Never had that happen to me before on that map. Managed to swim to the shore and got out from under the level that way. Some time after that, spawned on a teammate again only to end up under the actual pier itself, with no way to get out this time other than redeploying/killing myself. Lovely DICE.

Was getting that glitch where I'd empty a clip into someone and they didn't die, and also was getting magical hitmarkers when I wasn't even shooting at anyone or had any claymores or anything. Got killed way around a corner by someone when it was supposedly patched too.

To top off the lovely evening, it must have been a day where all of the brain-dead people came out to play, because every single match of Rush we ended up having entire squads trying to snipe way the hell back in our spawns. I should say "getting sniped" instead, because all they did was go negative and die. Every game, even though we left after each match ended. So much fun being MVP of the match every time because we were the only ones arming and setting off the objectives, win or lose. 0 health glitch a few times, and crouching enemies sliding around still, but that is minor compared to the rest.

And oh yes, I froze in the middle of receiving my medals and ribbons at the end of a match on Hainan Resort.

5 patches in, and more problems than before, good job DICE. Boy am I glad that I got it for half price and never got Premium. Would have been the first time I bought Premium for a Battlefield game too, since when the game works it's so much fun.

Sorry if i'm late (haven't played in a few days) but I find the game to be way more unstable on the PS4 after this latest patch. The graphics seem to be shittier too.

VariantX

Apparently theres a bug in air superiority where you can spawn outside of a chopper if you spawn on your team mate the same time it hits the water.

Schlep

If you are on PS4, you need to play with GAF on your team. The GAFers I play with each night carry the team across the finish line. I am 20-1 win/loss the past 3 nights. And that loss was from a very well organized clan that really deserved the win.
Certain thread I should join or someone to PM?

Omni

Didn't play the game in the last two weeks, got the update just to see if these clowns actually fixed anything. True to form, just as others said, not only do all of the stupid crap still exist in the game, but the patch broke even more things in the game.

One lone guy in one match kept killing me in one shot the whole match why I could kill everyone else just fine. On Lancang Dam, I spawned on a teammate near the beach in Rush where the first objective is on that little pier. Ended up swimming under the level along with the rest of the squad that spawned on him. Never had that happen to me before on that map. Managed to swim to the shore and got out from under the level that way. Some time after that, spawned on a teammate again only to end up under the actual pier itself, with no way to get out this time other than redeploying/killing myself. Lovely DICE.

Was getting that glitch where I'd empty a clip into someone and they didn't die, and also was getting magical hitmarkers when I wasn't even shooting at anyone or had any claymores or anything. Got killed way around a corner by someone when it was supposedly patched too.

To top off the lovely evening, it must have been a day where all of the brain-dead people came out to play, because every single match of Rush we ended up having entire squads trying to snipe way the hell back in our spawns. I should say "getting sniped" instead, because all they did was go negative and die. Every game, even though we left after each match ended. So much fun being MVP of the match every time because we were the only ones arming and setting off the objectives, win or lose. 0 health glitch a few times, and crouching enemies sliding around still, but that is minor compared to the rest.

And oh yes, I froze in the middle of receiving my medals and ribbons at the end of a match on Hainan Resort.

5 patches in, and more problems than before, good job DICE. Boy am I glad that I got it for half price and never got Premium. Would have been the first time I bought Premium for a Battlefield game too, since when the game works it's so much fun.
Yeah. Though admittedly the patch has fixed the China Rising map glitch for me, so that's nice, I'm experiencing a lot more problems than I did before.

they haven't even got the server queue up and running on Xbox yet.

JJD

Game froze as soon as I planted the first bomb on that Golmud game. Sorry guys I was already playing for a long time and didn't felt like joining again.

This game treats me like a cheap whore. Since I bought the PS4 BF4 has been nothing but lag, frustration and anger. I'm like: "Fuck you BF I'm leaving you for good!!!"

Then the game treats me good for 2 days and I'm already like: "Oh yeah baby I missed you soooo much!!!" Lol!

Seriously now, for the first time since I started playing on the PS4 I felt like I was in control on most matches. Lag was manageable, I could take out most people one on one.

The latest patch seems to have done something for me because the game is finally playable!

On the other hand I'm now getting killed by people with 0 health after a 1 x 1 firefight. This didn't happen before, usually they had 1 health! Lol!

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Just got the game and I have a few questions about the campaign:

(1) Is the story connected in any way to BF3?
(2) How hard is the hard difficulty because I'm thinking about playing through it first on hard.
(3) How good is the campaign relative to other shooters similar to this (ie CoD and previous BF games?)

Omni

(2) How hard is the hard difficulty because I'm thinking about playing through it first on hard.
(3) How good is the campaign relative to other shooters similar to this (ie CoD and previous BF games?)
1: No.
2: There are a few annoying checkpoints, but it's something you can just grind through slowly even if you're finding it hard.
3: It's still awful. Better than BF3's, but worse than Bad Company and the CoD games

Facism

this c4+dirt bike combo looks genius.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4TL5bcKAU0
however im seeing some two-c4 kills on tanks. i was under the impression that it takes 3 c4 packs. am i wrong? it only takes 2 to down a tank?

It should be 2, but i usually put 3 in because the netcode has a tendency to forgot 1 c4 here and there on occasion. Terrible.

Canister shells any good?

I used to roll with canister shell in BF3. In BF4, half the time the buckshot doesn't render. Worthless. Better to go HMG or Staff.

Milennia

There are some cameos, meaning its the same universe, but they aren't directly connected at all.

Easy as shit, seriously.. You can stand in front of the enemies and they will miss, just play on hard and get it over with, whole thing is about 4 hours.

IMO its the worst FPS campaign of a AAA military shooter i have every played, unless I'm forgetting something from years ago, deffinetly bad compared to previous installments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom