• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie

Banned
I don't seem to have a carbine available yet? Around what level do those unlock? Or is it something I have to beat single player to unlock?
Should get it naturally just playing engineer. Shouldn't take long at all. Best carbine is the first one you unlock (ak5c), but it's all personal preference.

It seems I'm unable to install the multiplayer portion of this game from the disc to my PS4. Its been stuck at 59% for almost a week. Any ideas on what I can try to fix this?

Erban1

It seems I'm unable to install the multiplayer portion of this game from the disc to my PS4. Its been stuck at 59% for almost a week. Any ideas on what I can try to fix this?

Try deleting and reinstalling it...only thing I can think of that might fix the issues.

Ran a few rounds of conquest with DrProb, Dave1988 and PKM last night. Running with you guys made a huge difference, that's probably the best I've ever played.

SeanR1221

Yeah since you guys suggested the first carbine I've been running that exclusively with the holo sight, suppressor and stock. All around great weapon.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ugh. BC2, so clunky. I didn't think I'd agree with Scogoth but man... going back to that after BF4 is a little hard.
Continue to get wrecked due to stupid Magnum Ammo. Fuck you Demize and DICE for that shit.

Bombless

I'm running the UMP-45 at the moment, with the 2x IR, muzzle break and stubby grip. Surprisingly effective, my favourite PDW. Carbines are great, of course, but I've used them for a very long time (MTAR my top kills weapon) so it's refreshing to try something else.

That IR scope is so OP though haha.

I'm running the UMP-45 at the moment, with the 2x IR, muzzle break and stubby grip. Surprisingly effective, my favourite PDW. Carbines are great, of course, but I've used them for a very long time (MTAR my top kills weapon) so it's refreshing to try something else.

That IR scope is so OP though haha.

UMP 45 is my favourite PDW.

I really want to like the DMRs but I'll wait till DICE balance patch them.

scogoth

Just why is it so bad.... Like BF3 had issues but it was fun. Why didn't they just make like BF3 Super Premium Exclusive Deluxe Download Digital Fun DICE SPECTAT Map Expansion

EA/DICE should find another way to monetise the game. Maps should be free for anyone that bought the game new like BC2.
They should do what bungie did with the first Halo 3 map pack – free once the second came out.

Premium should offer early access, weapons/accessories and double XP events only.
Not sure it'd be enough to entice people. What does DoubleXP do for me now thatI'm max rank? (Pad my SPM)

Still, if premium offered access to a map pack until the next map pack was released (at which time the first is given to the public) that might work. That's like a couple month lead each time.

Lancang Dam is nearly unplayable now with the lag. Turns the AK 5C into a nice big marshmallow gun. Other maps seem to be fine for the most part.
I still don't get why that map has some of the worst rubberbanding of all the maps.

Large Map? No.
Extensive Levelution? Hell No.
Heavy on vehicles? No.

It's confusing as hell.

Good games tonight guys!

I played some new game modes today to unlock my last trophy and platinum the game and I gotta say Defuse is a lot of fun!!!

GAFSquad should try it sometime!
I'm in. What's your GT? I have a feeling I already have you on my list I just don't know who you are. (DakarZero here)

musashi/crak ... that Hainan game ... yes, *that* one ... -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7_e5IQ_1vU&t=577 ... skipping right to the fun part!
Not so subtle reminder that knifing takes some skill. I feel like when I try to get clever like that I get caught all the time. Their team mates did suck, however.

It's weird how useless footsteps can be in this game sometimes. At times I can hear people probably 15 feet away through gunfire and other times I'll get shot at point blank range from behind without hearing anything even though there were no distracting sounds around me at the time. I have a pretty good sound whoring setup too. I'm willing to go as far as to say that the footsteps mechanic is broken. No way should someone be able to sneak up on you in a hallway inside a building.
I'm okay with it so far. You probably won't hear someone running on sand. I tend to notice people on the urban maps a lot. And of course, its impossible if there's firefights going on around you.

Are there PS4 servers with all maps in their cycle? I can only seem to find servers with either vanilla or CR maps.
No. This was one of my gripes about BF3. Play Rush only vanilla or Cq only Armored Kill. When map packs are only 4 maps, being on a server with only 4 maps on rotation sucks.

Now, if you mix the map packs, you need to go a step further. Don't put all the Armored Kill maps followed by all the Aftermath Maps, etc. Some people won't like a map pack and bail out. You gotta mix them up, so it goes from large ass map to Earthquake map, to B2K, etc.

Part of what makes playing BF4 a little stale for me right now is always knowing if I join on Siege I'm always stuck going through Dam next, or Paracel Golmud, etc. There should be more than one set rotation.

Bombless

In other weapon related news, after watching Levelcap's video on the M240B I decided to give it a try.

I still do not control it properly, only had a couple maps with it, but you can feel the extra damage per bullet. It feels odd to have to recharge so often though, I miss my 200 rounds box.

RPKs are still bloody useless. I hope DICE agrees and will buff them somehow.

TheSeks

I'm wondering if Facism's sexual lines are auto-correct failing or himself. Plump like mother hen is making me laugh.

Xyber

I've been playing this more recently after a long break because I got tired of all the problems. Most stuff seems fixed, so it's pretty fun and playable now. This "new" (I know it's been in the last couple of games) 0 health thingy is annoying though. 0 HP should mean dead, otherwise show 1.

I've been changing it up a little and started using SRAW instead of RPG-7. Racked up 77 kills with it the past 3 days. I like missing the rocket intentionally when shooting choppers so they feel safe and then just aim at them and let the rocket come back around and hit them from behind.

Also, all you need is 2 people (me and my friend) to carry a whole team to victory almost every game in Rush. Very rarely do we actually face a team that can put up a fight.
W4Edkue.png

I fucking love how the MAA spends more time farming infantry than killing enemy aircrafts. Then again it's not exactly surprising considering how it completely shits on any aircraft in less than 5 seconds from across the map.

Lamest vehicle in the entire game

Bombless

Game still isn't fixed yet I see...

I've had a grand total of 1 (one) server crash in a good 10 days of playing. No client crashes. A couple disconnects here and there, but no less than any other online multiplayer game.

I fucking love how the MAA spends more time farming infantry than killing enemy aircrafts. Then again it's not exactly surprising considering how it completely shits on any aircraft in less than 5 seconds from across the map.

Lamest vehicle in the entire game

It's also completely hopeless against other tanks/ifv.

Kak.efes

This game sucks.

I thought I'd wait until second assault to see how things pan out, but I'm not so sure anymore. The bug riddled wasteland that is conquest notwithstanding, how they release a game like this and omit a squad up feature is truly mind fucking.

Timu

I've had a grand total of 1 (one) server crash in a good 10 days of playing. No client crashes. A couple disconnects here and there, but no less than any other online multiplayer game.
That's good to hear, meanwhile I'm still getting server crashes, disconnects and "bf4 has stopped working" at times recently.

Schlep

Would've had my first MVP ribbon tonight if faceless hadn't come back in the last couple minutes and beat me by 443 points. Ugh.

TheSeks

Except that it doesn't need to leave its home base, completely nullifying its weaknesses. It can just sit out of bounds, free from the danger of tanks and anti tank infantry.

It's really mind boggling how DICE didn't learn from the Cheesemobile/AA last outing to where they put Cheesemobile 2.0: Electric Boogaloo back in. :/

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
For anyone that has the Xbox One version - is there anyway to chat with my friends in party chat WITHOUT anyone in my squad hearing me or me hearing them? You could do this on 360, but this seems impossible on the Xbox One - and the only multiplayer game I've tried it on is BF4.

Also, this is slightly off topic, but where is the official Xbox One thread? I thought it would be in community, but the only one I see is the January one that was locked. :/

TheSeks

This is the official 720 community thread. ;)

As for the voice chat, that's bugged on the consoles (420) this gen. I'm wondering if it's an OS or game-issue. Though I haven't heard other multiplayer launch titles having this issue.

Shrennin

Haha good. At least I won't feel like I'm being off topic if I ask a 720 specific question! =P

As for the voice chat, that's bugged on the consoles (420) this gen. I'm wondering if it's an OS or game-issue. Though I haven't heard other multiplayer launch titles having this issue.

420? Anyway, I hope they get it fixed soon either way. Based on the stability of BF4, I'm thinking it might just be a BF4 issue hopefully and not an OS issue although party chat still needs to be optimized.

Bombless

If the AA stays in it's spawn then apart from Air it won't kill much (unless you get close to harass it). I agree it shouldn't effectively interdict the rest of the air map from there however.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For anyone that has the Xbox One version - is there anyway to chat with my friends in party chat WITHOUT anyone in my squad hearing me or me hearing them? You could do this on 360, but this seems impossible on the Xbox One - and the only multiplayer game I've tried it on is BF4.

Also, this is slightly off topic, but where is the official Xbox One thread? I thought it would be in community, but the only one I see is the January one that was locked. :/

If they're your same dudes in your party as in your squad, mute them in-game and party should do fine. I had a horrendous echo once, ended up going that route.

Other fools in the squad will still hear your shit though, but fuck em, you should mute them too :)

TheSeks

If the AA stays in it's spawn then apart from Air it won't kill much (unless you get close to harass it). I agree it shouldn't effectively interdict the rest of the air map from there however.

The problem, like BF3's, is that it has INSANE range. The machine gun can lock down complete areas from far away if the pilot is good at "sniping" with them.

However (going by Norshal since I can't recall the Cheesemobile being on any other map even on PC), in BF3: Norshal had obstructions between first set (Rush) and a "mountain"/hill for second set in Rush to where the spawning where third set is on defense couldn't see beyond the "main road" and the climbing mountain.

Or in the case of Conquest (I forget where it spawns if it even spawns on PCS360...) like... C/D(?) where the hill on second set is. But the range for it was longer than those sight-lines. So if someone spotted a helicopter from like starting spawn (C on consoles, I think D on PC? in Conquest) defense in Rush of Norshal you could still aim up and throw your fire in an arc toward the starting carrier (US? spawn in Conquest) and hit the helicopters dead on before they took off.

Even more of a lock-down if the AA rushed to the "shore" and then locked down the boats trying to come across the ocean or the Amtrac trying to slowly get there as well.

Shrennin

PS420. Like PS360 before it.

Oh. That makes sense. I actually like it!

If they're your same dudes in your party as in your squad, mute them in-game and party should do fine. I had a horrendous echo once, ended up going that route.

Other fools in the squad will still hear your shit though, but fuck em, you should mute them too :)

Can the other dudes not in your party that you mute still hear you though? It's just weird having a conversation that might not be pertinent to the game if other people I don't know could hear me haha

voice chat works fine on 360, ps3 and ps4 and party chat and game chat are properly separated on 360 and ps4.

TV guided missile on boats.....ever useful? Or did I just play with idiots who'd rather hide all the way across the map and fail at sniping while leaving vehicles undermanned and sitting ducks =/

Shrennin

So I go to continue my campaign on hard and... Nothing. It just asks what difficulty I want to play it on like I no longer have a save or something. I was at least half way through the game too. This sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom