• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Prob

Banned
Good games Elzar/Gaz. And ggs to everyone in that later set even though we had a hilariously bad run.

Goddamn motherfucking Flood Zone.

I'm not sure why, but the RPGs and Shells do 90-something damage against helis. I'm not exactly sure why – do they want to give people a chance to bail or repair?

Probably, I feel that RPGs and Tanks should be rewarded with instant kills if they land a hit. It's rather hard and limited to hit a helicopter in a tank with it's limited viewing angles.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Im just about to buy the Xbox One version of this game.

Any AusGAF users have comments on how the servers are down under, is it worth it to buy this on Xbox One in Australia I see alot of my old mates in the US are absolutely loving it, but im stuck in Australia for the next few months so i need to know how the MP is here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I just want my Battlefield 4 fix and im not gonna do it on PC just cuz i havent played M/KB in forever and i fear i will suck too much ass.

WTF!?

I get this error more than half the time I try to join a server! Help!
gOLowV2.jpg

UFRA

PDWs are straight up garbage.

Nonsense. :p

The UMP-45 has been my favorite gun in Battlefield (hell, and in other games for that matter) since Bad Company 2. I just love it. Only a 25 round mag, but that .45 cal round packs a punch so you only need to land a few hits. It's super accurate too.

I run with an HD-33 sight, silencer, green laser, and stubby grip on mine and it's great.

Omni

Im just about to buy the Xbox One version of this game.

Any AusGAF users have comments on how the servers are down under, is it worth it to buy this on Xbox One in Australia I see alot of my old mates in the US are absolutely loving it, but im stuck in Australia for the next few months so i need to know how the MP is here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I just want my Battlefield 4 fix and im not gonna do it on PC just cuz i havent played M/KB in forever and i fear i will suck too much ass.
Game is good. Depends on your connection of course, but for the most part things are really smooth on Australian servers (if that's what you're asking?)

Probably, I feel that RPGs and Tanks should be rewarded with instant kills if they land a hit. It's rather hard and limited to hit a helicopter in a tank with it's limited viewing angles.
I agree. I'm curious as to their reasoning on giving the transport chopper more health, though.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Game is good. Depends on your connection of course, but for the most part things are really smooth on Australian servers (if that's what you're asking?)

Yup pretty much exactly what I was asking.
Just making sure the servers are stable and that there are actually enough players.

I dont want to be sitting in empty games over and over, 64 players is alot and i dont know if BF4 sold that well on XB1 in Australia.

Will purchase the game in exactly 1 hour and 30 minutes.

I'll say it again, as I always do...Carbine as "all class" is beyond stupid.

Every class should have a pro/con..
Medic/Assault has the AR yet trades vehicle stopping power and/or repairing
Support has the LMG which should be godly in a non-mobile setting and C4 which is a vehicle stopper with risk associated to it.
Recon has the sniper rifle and assorted "eyes" and tactical equipment for insertion of troops, along with C4 and its risk associated uses.

Now the Engineer...it has the works in means of vehicle elimination and upkeep. Be it hard hitting rockets or Slams/Mines which work wonders. Now the downside of this class should be the PDW..but 99.999% of the player base has abandoned this weapon for the Carbine, and rightfully so.
Many Support players have even tossed aside the pro/cons of the LMG in favor of the All-Pro Carbine.
The Carbine is comparable to many of the AR's even surpassing some of them, so why not pack anti/pro vehicle abilities as well as be outfitted with an amazing gun selection?
Because...the game is a tucking boring clusterfuck of Carbine packing Engineers...every corner you turn in a vehicle or on foot is 9 Engineers with Carbines ready to smoke your ass or blow you up...

Picking and playing a class should come with penalties and pro's...a "best of both worlds" setting makes things stagnate and round after round of "which team has the most Engineers wins"

Should work like this..
Engineer- PDW/Shotgun (exactly like BF's Anti-Tank/Engineers weapon sets)

Medic/Assualt- All weapons accept Sniper Rifle (complete lack of vehicle ability balanced due to mastery of guns)

Support- LMG/Shotgun/PDW(Big powerfully guns close and far with C4/Clays/Mortars for explosives bonus)

Recon- Sniper Rifle/Carbine/PDW/DMR (Its the sniper class mixed with the Spec-Ops class)

Does this idea severely kick the Engineer class in the nuts when it comes to gun play?..FUCK YES! And it should..
BF4 is about large scale battles that are Vehicle-centric, hence you get the best tool set to use/destroy these vehicles, then you should get screwed some how.
When an Engineer isn't driving a vehicle, repairing a vehicle or eliminating a vehicle his main thought while facing a swarm of soldiers is "This isn't my specialty!"..not "Oh, I got my AK-5C...let me pick these guys off from 100 meters!"

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
And if the engineer had PDW like they did in BF3 and everyone was using them... what would you be saying then?

Frankly, I don't disagree that Carbines shouldn't be all-class and that PDW's should be (like BF3. Oh hey! But--I'm biased toward using the FN P90 on all classes if need be while having it be my main gun on recon... so...), but that's not really the issue with the Carbine's.

TheSeks

Carbines are too good to be an all kit weapon. Probably needs a nerf.

That's pretty obvious, but that doesn't really change my question: If everyone was still using them post nerf, what then? Change "Carbine" to "PDW, LMG, Sniper, DMR, Assault" whatever you want to pick for all-class.

Now, what?

Yup, and the MTAR-21 is basically an all class assault rifle because of how they still didn't change the damage output on it.

Commander mode in this game is so incredibly boring. The only thing you manage to do as a commander in this game is to either snowball the match harder if your team is winning, or be a UAV spam bot if a match is even and there is a commander on the enemy team. It also does a poor job in explaining how some of the mechanics of commander mode work. For example, why does tagging someone as an HVT have a cooldown, and how long is the cooldown? Why can I seemingly only do it to a specific number of people? And the UI needs work too, instead of clicking on individual players on the map that aren't squad leaders, I have to scroll through the squads on order to find the person I want to give orders to so they can perhaps focus on an objective that is near them and can be handled, then again it doesn't matter all that much because squad leaders never accept orders anyway.

It also feels like the role of a commander makes the recon class less useful, why use a motion sensor/TUGS when your commander has a low cooldown UAV that can detect the enemy within a large radius and lasts for a good amount of time?

It's to late to change any of that other than a nerf to the weapons. If the weapons were spread among Assault and PDW, people would cry about it. I doubt Dice has the balls to do that.

Something should be done in terms of Carbines though. I have literally no reason to not use it as an Engineer and Support.

TheSeks

...Because the T-ugs is a constant "UAV" while the UAV commander has only is a set area that may not cover your T-ugs area?

TheSeks

...Because C4

T-ugs/C4 combo?

Honestly, the bigger question I have with Commander is: Why does the Cruise Missile have a set limit (IIRC) over refills. As far as I can see, you have to use those VERY effectively (which isn't a bad thing) but if you're joining after someone leaves as a previous commander, you have NO Cruise Missiles to use. I guess it's to prevent rejoiners from abusing it, but damn if that isn't annoying.

scogoth

T-ugs/C4 combo?

Beacon/C4

+

4x Scope, tac light and one chance to headshot them. Thats a real recon, do or die, no room for error.
fuck defensive perk, a fucking sniper rifle at 2 ft should kill you no matter where you are hit

^also cruise missiles don't have limits? Do they? I remember just spamming them after their very very long cool down but I don't play commander much.

Ocho

I've come to the conclusion queue is broken in BF4 PC. I'm 4/4 on queue, yet I instantly load the game, and come back to a fail to connect to server message. So it's either the queue (the server hadn't a spot) or other 4 guys got the same error while they were trying to connect. I don't understand how this game went from: really bad > bad > playable > decently stable > bad > very bad.

Timu

Nonsense. :p

The UMP-45 has been my favorite gun in Battlefield (hell, and in other games for that matter) since Bad Company 2. I just love it. Only a 25 round mag, but that .45 cal round packs a punch so you only need to land a few hits. It's super accurate too.
Agreed with that.

scogoth

I've come to the conclusion queue is broken in BF4 PC. I'm 4/4 on queue, yet I instantly load the game, and come back to a fail to connect to server message. So it's either the queue (the server hadn't a spot) or other 4 guys got the same error while they were trying to connect. I don't understand how this game went from: really bad > bad > playable > decently stable > bad > very bad.

...Because C4.

TheSeks

Beacon/C4

+

4x Scope, tac light and one chance to headshot them. Thats a real recon, do or die, no room for error.

That's missing the point of his question.

"Why would you run a spotting item when a commander is online?"

Because that "large radius" believe it or not... isn't that large. It's good if you cover A or B in Rush but it doesn't cover both. Same for Conquest. You can EMP/UAV a flag or an area between two, but it doesn't see both.

Whereas placing a T-ugs down will have a "UAV effect" show up for a flag/crate that the commander doesn't need to cover then. He can "push forward" in Rush or move to a different flag.

But let's turn that around:

I said it at launch and I'll say it again: With a Commander and T-ugs/etc. being able to spot you, why would you run a flash-suppressor/sound-suppressor when you're going to be found by a Commander/T-ugs (if you're running) 99% of the time?

"Because no one is Commander all the time." Yes, but that's missing the point of the question.

scogoth

That's missing the point of his question.

"Why would you run a spotting item when a commander is online?"

Because that "large radius" believe it or not... isn't that large. It's good if you cover A or B in Rush but it doesn't cover both. Same for Conquest. You can EMP/UAV a flag or an area between two, but it doesn't see both.

Whereas placing a T-ugs down will have a "UAV effect" show up for a flag/crate that the commander doesn't need to cover then. He can "push forward" in Rush or move to a different flag.

Never play Op Locker CQ? UAV covers damn near half the map. The point is spotting is so prevalent in this game that tugs/motion are not worth carrying as recon even without a commander. Beacon and C4 are way more useful in CQ/Rush/Oblit then TUGS.

^and because suppressor is cool! Nothing more bad ass than have a 40x ballistic scope and a suppressor on my sniper rifle so I can shoot dick all.

I actually had no idea you had a set limit on how many cruise missiles to use, yet another thing that isn't explained very well/at all in commander mode. >.>

Edit: I think the TUGS/Motion sensor don't show the position of the enemy in real-time like the commander UAV does too.

terrible

Banned
Never play Op Locker CQ? UAV covers damn near half the map. The point is spotting is so prevalent in this game that tugs/motion are not worth carrying as recon even without a commander. Beacon and C4 are way more useful in CQ/Rush/Oblit then TUGS.

^and because suppressor is cool! Nothing more bad ass than have a 40x ballistic scope and a suppressor on my sniper rifle so I can shoot dick all.

One of the only times I don't hate recon teammates is when they use a T-UGS around objectives I'm attacking or defending. Not even kidding. It's almost a completely guaranteed cap or defend when they do that. A beacon can be nice but outside of a complete squad wipe you can usually spawn on a teammate and get back into action fast enough. C4? Meh. T-UGS is way more useful.

edit: I'm talking about conquest or domination specifically. I don't play rush or obliteration.

TheSeks

Never play Op Locker CQ? UAV covers damn near half the map.

First, why the fuck are you playing Operation Metro 1.5?

...I really need to get to bed and not debate this with you because you're not going to believe it, but here. I'll humor you:

Operation Metro 1.5 Last-Gen-Babby-mode:

UAV

EMP.

Other map(s):

To correct myself. You CAN cover both crates in Rush, but that's generally not going to happen if a commander is "fishing" around to find people.

EMP thrown in.

It's "large" but not as large as you want to make it to be. Operation Locker is the only exception to that rule (that I've seen playing Commander which I don't do often because THEY STILL HAVEN'T FIXED THE FUCKING SEAT ISSUES) and that's partially due to the map size (I'm going to assume Operation Metro is nearly similar but less an issue depending on if they moved flags in Conquest and definitely not as much an issue in Rush due to spacing) of Locker compared to the rest of the maps more than anything.

And as you can see: It doesn't cover the ENTIRE map, there's still "holes" that the T-ugs placements can fill from a recon helping the commander "cover" the map.

I actually had no idea you had a set limit on how many cruise missiles to use, yet another thing that isn't explained very well/at all in commander mode. >.>

I'm not even sure it's a set limit, but there's times where the Cruise Missile option is greyed out and I chalk it up to that. I have no clue why it doesn't let me use it in modes that allow it (see: Conquest).

Omni

Finaaaally unlocked that ink blotch. Haven't been so frustrated at the game since I was rank 5 and getting donged on by literally everyone.
The on the positive side, I'll never touch a PDW again!

And now to unlock Blue Tiger. Are any shotguns better than the rest? I haven't used them in this game yet. Hope to blow through this assignment pretty quickly... I'm really not the kind of player that rushes in close if I can help it.

nampad

Every class should have a pro/con..
Medic/Assault has the AR yet trades vehicle stopping power and/or repairing
Support has the LMG which should be godly in a non-mobile setting and C4 which is a vehicle stopper with risk associated to it.
Recon has the sniper rifle and assorted "eyes" and tactical equipment for insertion of troops, along with C4 and its risk associated uses.

Now the Engineer...it has the works in means of vehicle elimination and upkeep. Be it hard hitting rockets or Slams/Mines which work wonders. Now the downside of this class should be the PDW..but 99.999% of the player base has abandoned this weapon for the Carbine, and rightfully so.
Many Support players have even tossed aside the pro/cons of the LMG in favor of the All-Pro Carbine.
The Carbine is comparable to many of the AR's even surpassing some of them, so why not pack anti/pro vehicle abilities as well as be outfitted with an amazing gun selection?
Because...the game is a tucking boring clusterfuck of Carbine packing Engineers...every corner you turn in a vehicle or on foot is 9 Engineers with Carbines ready to smoke your ass or blow you up...

Picking and playing a class should come with penalties and pro's...a "best of both worlds" setting makes things stagnate and round after round of "which team has the most Engineers wins"

Should work like this..
Engineer- PDW/Shotgun (exactly like BF's Anti-Tank/Engineers weapon sets)

Medic/Assualt- All weapons accept Sniper Rifle (complete lack of vehicle ability balanced due to mastery of guns)

Support- LMG/Shotgun/PDW(Big powerfully guns close and far with C4/Clays/Mortars for explosives bonus)

Recon- Sniper Rifle/Carbine/PDW/DMR (Its the sniper class mixed with the Spec-Ops class)

Does this idea severely kick the Engineer class in the nuts when it comes to gun play?..FUCK YES! And it should..
BF4 is about large scale battles that are Vehicle-centric, hence you get the best tool set to use/destroy these vehicles, then you should get screwed some how.
When an Engineer isn't driving a vehicle, repairing a vehicle or eliminating a vehicle his main thought while facing a swarm of soldiers is "This isn't my specialty!"..not "Oh, I got my AK-5C...let me pick these guys off from 100 meters!"

Just started to really play the MP the last two days and this is how I also feel. The engineer is the best allrounder. His ability to destroy vehicles is a big necessity. You have no chance against tanks without a rocket launcher.

I like to play medic in every shooter and I am really overthinking my decision of not picking the engineer as my class. Also doesn't help that it seems like the assault/medic playstyle isn't really that useful with fast respawns, long gadget swap times and the bad placement of the gadgets on the dpad.

Schlep

Can't say Rush is really my mode, especially when the other team is that damned organized. I have not been sodomized, but I'm sure the feeling was close.

terrible

Banned

terrible

Banned
They could make another commercial out of that historic match.

I notice my squadmate's tank is stuck on a railing, so I drive over and push him off, but then I get stuck in the same spot and he has to dislodge ME. Only in Battlefield!

ggs dudes.

I recognize your name.

*looks at my last post*

Yep. What are the odds of randomly getting in your game? Hilarious.

kriskrosbbk

Yo, PC gamers,did you experience lag/rubberbanding on CQ 64 players and when did this get a fix for you ? Are you still experiencing it or its totally gone? Which maps if yes?
Its really bad situation on Lancang , Hainan and Golmud for us,the PS4 users ?

So how is the current state for you ,I am asking this just to understand if we can get a fix at all ?

PS. 100mbps fibre wired PS4,EUROPE

Preemo

Banned
Finaaaally unlocked that ink blotch. Haven't been so frustrated at the game since I was rank 5 and getting donged on by literally everyone.
The on the positive side, I'll never touch a PDW again!

And now to unlock Blue Tiger. Are any shotguns better than the rest? I haven't used them in this game yet. Hope to blow through this assignment pretty quickly... I'm really not the kind of player that rushes in close if I can help it.

all shotguns are great at close range. buckshot is the best ammo type with any red dot sight, i prefer the coyote.

id say you cant go wrong with the 870, m10, hawk 12g, or QB9, but my favorite is to run medic with the m26 and a health pack.

Facism

T-ugs is great. Half the time I'm on teams with people who have little to no game-sense, a commander that doesn't respond to UAV requests and squad-mates that would rather spawn on a capped flag rather than spawning on me whilst I'm capping a flag.

T-ugs allows me to control an area, depending on the cover and landscape. Granted i don't play recon like a loser sniper, I play assault recon with a carbine and c-4.

spawn beacons have their place, but not on my loadout.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
New Battlelog Update:

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- We are currently investigating an issue with the in-game Battlelog not always loading on Playstation 4. Please try to close and re-open it a few times if you experience this, as this sometimes solves the issue. We will keep you posted.
- We are currently investigating an issue with chat messages on Battlelog.com disappearing (they re-appear on a page refresh)

FEATURES & IMPROVEMENTS:
- Selecting expansion packs in the Server Browser will now properly filter servers that contain content of the selected expansion pack(s)
- Improved how the Chrome approval of the plugin is handled, so it doesn't require a page refresh to be detected
- In Loadout, the "Set active kit" buttons are no longer shown when viewing others' soldiers
- Added a "Apply to all" button for knives, grenades, vehicle/weapon paints, and pistols in Loadout
- Many items in Loadout now properly display if they require Premium or certain expansion packs to acquire (support for all items coming soon)
- Added the ability to hide images in Loadout
- Various other minor tweaks to Loadout
- Various minor improvements and tweaks

FIXES:
- Fixed an issue with Suggestions, which could cause new Suggestions to randomly appear
- More tweaks and fixes for Custom Region in the Server Browser filter
- Fixed an issue with the Air Mail assignment, effectively replacing it with a new and fixed assignment in the backend
- Fixed an issue where every in Battle Report comments were named "Player" and had the default avatar, when using pagination
- Fixed an issue that caused date-based BF3 Premium content, such as videos and strategy guides, to disappear
- Fixed an issue with Loadout, where the active slot wasn't displayed properly when viewing others' soldiers
- Fixed an issue with Loadout, where the comparison stats bar didn't update correctly when switching weapons
- Fixed the issue where the paint for QBS-09 in Loadout would always reset to default
- Fixed an issue where the details bar on Stats and Unlocks pages could collide with the footer
- Various minor issues fixed

Im glad theyre lookin' into "in-game Battlelog not always loading on Playstation 4"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom