• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem, like BF3's, is that it has INSANE range. The machine gun can lock down complete areas from far away if the pilot is good at "sniping" with them.

However (going by Norshal since I can't recall the Cheesemobile being on any other map even on PC), in BF3: Norshal had obstructions between first set (Rush) and a "mountain"/hill for second set in Rush to where the spawning where third set is on defense couldn't see beyond the "main road" and the climbing mountain.

Or in the case of Conquest (I forget where it spawns if it even spawns on PCS360...) like... C/D(?) where the hill on second set is. But the range for it was longer than those sight-lines. So if someone spotted a helicopter from like starting spawn (C on consoles, I think D on PC? in Conquest) defense in Rush of Norshal you could still aim up and throw your fire in an arc toward the starting carrier (US? spawn in Conquest) and hit the helicopters dead on before they took off.

Even more of a lock-down if the AA rushed to the "shore" and then locked down the boats trying to come across the ocean or the Amtrac trying to slowly get there as well.

Now add to that the 30MM cannon upgrade and active radar. You get a vehicle that completely shuts down the enemy air all around the map making them practically useless unless they want to go suicidal and get hit by active radar and then either crash to the ground or be finished off with the main cannon. And it completely destroys any infantry even faster than how it was in BF3.

Also, I absolutely hate this "mobility hit" stuff they added for aircrafts, a single stinger hit and I'm doing circles and completely and utterly unable to get out of range or get to cover with the scout heli safely and before I even get full control back I get shot with yet another stinger from the same enemy who already shot one at me less than 4 seconds ago, pretty much making me move at a snail's pace because of how damn slow and hard to control the heli is when given a "mobility hit."

Mobility hit on an attack heli? pretty much a guaranteed death in most circumstances

Mobility hit on a jet? Enjoy your jet randomly deciding to nose dive into the ground and being able to do absolutely nothing about it.

Bombless

Now add to that the 30MM cannon upgrade and active radar. You get a vehicle that completely shuts down the enemy air all around the map making them practically useless unless they want to go suicidal and get hit by active radar and then either crash to the ground or be finished off with the main cannon. And it completely destroys any infantry even faster than how it was in BF3.

Actually, the 30mm guns suck at sniping. The range goes down 400m, fire rate and bullet velocity are lower. I think I'll go back to 20mm cannons for a while, see if it makes a difference.

Also, I absolutely hate this "mobility hit" stuff they added

i do too, thats also frustrating for getting kills as a death by mobility hit does not give a kill?!

90% of all Air Superiority matches ends in 0 kills and 20 deaths for everyone.

Same goes for stingers and whatnot, planes and choppers just plummet to the ground from the mobility hit but no one gets any kills. Such a stupid system.

I hated what they did to vehicles. Mobility hits are a pain for both tanks and aircraft. We already have so many people with lock ons after our asses.

Speaking of vehicles, a tank round should 1 hit destroy any jeep, quad, jetski, helicopter, and jet. It is ridiculous that a helicopter can shrug off my tank round and live to tell the tale.

Omni

I hated what they did to vehicles. Mobility hits are a pain for both tanks and aircraft. We already have so many people with lock ons after our asses.

Speaking of vehicles, a tank round should 1 hit destroy any jeep, quad, jetski, helicopter, and jet. It is ridiculous that a helicopter can shrug off my tank round and live to tell the tale.

Huh?

The transport helicopter is the only one that can survive a tank shell... and even then it will plummet into the ground extremely fast. Everything else in the air is still a one hit kill, no? Admittedly I can't remember the last time I shot a jet, but I know for certain that other choppers are

Nope. I had hit the attack chopper dead on and it gave the passengers ample amount of time to bail out. It should explode right away, but that's not the case. With Sabot shell it even survived. The reward is hardly anything. It's hard enough to hit with the main tank round.

Jeeps takes two hits.

-Amon-

Like: the rocket launcher you start with as an engineer is sooooo bad. I have to grind for hours so that I can finally shoot the little birds down from the air (since no one else is doing it).

Well there has to be some kind of progression no ? If they give you stinger + rpg72 from the start you're not going to have so many new things to do as an engineer as you move forward.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Progression, yes. Useful as a wet fart RPG starting, no.

In fact the progression should've been:

Ammobox/Medikit non-portables->default start.
RPG-7->default start
T-UGS->default start

Like BF3. Then their new shit that could be safely ignored because it's pointless could be later unlocks. At least then people wouldn't have had to wait for a 2XP week to get the items they've been using since BF3 back. >:|

-Amon-

RPG-7->default start
T-UGS->default start

Like BF3. Then their new shit that could be safely ignored because it's pointless could be later unlocks. At least then people wouldn't have had to wait for a 2XP week to get the items they've been using since BF3 back. >:|

I'm not seeing that issues but to each his own. The starting anti tank missile has auto tracking but deals low damage. The key in using this is supporting your side in tank battles and deal extra manage that can be decisive in winning the encounter.

If you stick to you tank and support it this way ( and helping for repairs ) you can be decisive.

I find it a good choice for a start, if forces the engineer to be cooperative to be succesful.

Omni

Started using the MP7 tonight so I can try to unlock the ink blotch camo... So awful. Tried to put a suppressor on it, but it was like I was shooting marshmallows.

20 PDW ribbons is too many!

Nope. I had hit the attack chopper dead on and it gave the passengers ample amount of time to bail out. It should explode right away, but that's not the case. With Sabot shell it even survived. The reward is hardly anything. It's hard enough to hit with the main tank round.

Jeeps takes two hits.
I'm not sure why, but the RPGs and Shells do 90-something damage against helis. I'm not exactly sure why – do they want to give people a chance to bail or repair?

TheSeks

Started using the MP7 tonight so I can try to unlock the ink blotch camo... So awful.

tumblr_inline_mr2v5rIF4G1qz4rgp.gif

PDW's are still good, all of them.

VariantX

Also, I absolutely hate this "mobility hit" stuff they added for aircrafts, a single stinger hit and I'm doing circles and completely and utterly unable to get out of range or get to cover with the scout heli safely and before I even get full control back I get shot with yet another stinger from the same enemy who already shot one at me less than 4 seconds ago, pretty much making me move at a snail's pace because of how damn slow and hard to control the heli is when given a "mobility hit."

Mobility hit on an attack heli? pretty much a guaranteed death in most circumstances

Mobility hit on a jet? Enjoy your jet randomly deciding to nose dive into the ground and being able to do absolutely nothing about it.

Pretty much why it took 5x longer than it should for me to get those jet fighter ribbons. I hit with missles and they crash into a mountain, I wont get credit unless I put the aircraft into " vehicle disabled status " even though they basically were disabled and nose dived into a cliff.

TheSeks

PDWs are straight up garbage.

YOUR STRAIGHT UP GARBAGE.

What did they do with the ADS shit. Goddamn blur. WHY MY FN P90. WHY.

Pretty much why it took 5x longer than it should for me to get those jet fighter ribbons. I hit with missles and they crash into a mountain, I wont get credit unless I put the aircraft into " vehicle disabled status " even though they basically were disabled and nose dived into a cliff.

Mobility bonus shouldn't even be in the goddamn game in the first place. DISABLES ARE POINTLESS now. Unless you mobility bonus them (where you don't get a kill confirm) you don't "kill" them since the vehicle can auto-repair and get away at full speed.

Whereas in BF3 disables... disabled the vehicle. They couldn't auto-repair from disables (balanced!) and were a sitting duck if an engineer didn't repair them. Whereas now the mobility bonus is a nuance at best and not going to stop your auto-repair at worst.

TheSeks

PDW's suck if you aren't inside a building or up close. They almost lose to Carbines in all areas

NOPE.avi.dll.exe.7z.rar

PDW's have mobility over all the other guns. Which really boggles my mind why DICE removed their all-class status since they helped the assault recons FARRRRR more than the Carbines.

@Over: MTAR is ass. No matter how much I try to use that weapon the only claim it has it's ROF.

Overdoziz

Banned
@Over: MTAR is ass. No matter how much I try to use that weapon the only claim it has it's ROF.
My favorite gun for Domination (and CQC in general). Does a lot of damage per bullet for its rate of fire, has very little spread both while ADS and while firing from the hip and has a short reload time. Put a silencer and ergo/angled grip on it and you're good to go.

TheSeks

This weekend, apparently. So starts Friday.

I gotta finish up Pistols. D:

Omni

I've been saving six of those 100% and one 200% multipliers for the up and coming double XP event. Should get through a few ranks very quickly... if I play a lot of Zavod/Locker.

Facism

so i inspired a team to come back from a 350 ticket deficit to win by 20 tickets.

RALLY ROUND THE FAMILY, POCKET FULL OF SHELLS.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Has Dice given any indication on when they plan to fix the single player saves being inexplicably deleted?

JJD

Started using the MP7 tonight so I can try to unlock the ink blotch camo... So awful. Tried to put a suppressor on it, but it was like I was shooting marshmallows.

20 PDW ribbons is too many!

MP7 is godly, you're just using it wrong. As I said in a previous post people need to play to their weapons strength.

The MP7 is a hip fire close quarters beast. If you're aiming down sights you're using it wrong, if you're shooting someone anything other than close range you're using it wrong. At these conditions the MP7 is one of the best. Put a laser sight and you'll never have to ADS again. At close range you can't beat PDWs mobility, rate of fire, hip fire and extended mags.

The problem with PDWs is that they are situational weapons, they are not well rounded guns like carbines. They should be the the all kit guns and not carbines like they were on BF3.

For example on Conquest I would love to play Golmud with a MP7 recon with C4 running around A, B and maybe C, shooting people in the face and C4ing tanks but I can't do that. Instead if I want to use the MP7 I have to run engie. On other game modes like Domination PDWs are much better but they are still usable on Conquest Large. Obviously I can put a carbine and perform similarly, but outside the MTAR there are no carbines that perform as well as some PDWs close quarters and I still take the MP7 over the MTAR for close range any day of the week.

On a game like BF engineers are much more suited to carbines since they are an "all around" class that can deal with anything (infantry/armor) but Dice went for realism since tank crews run with PDWs because they lack space to carry bigger guns inside tanks. Dice went for "realism" instead of balance. Go figure.

NOPE.avi.dll.exe.7z.rar

PDW's have mobility over all the other guns. Which really boggles my mind why DICE removed their all-class status since they helped the assault recons FARRRRR more than the Carbines.

Gotta agree with you on this one Seks! =D

The only advantage the MTAR have over the MP7 on close range is a shorter reload with bullets still on the magazine I think. At close range none of the areas that the MTAR beats the MP7 really matter. It's slightly higher damage per bullet doesn't give it an advantage considering it's slower fire rate. And when you have weapons that shoot as fast as these two having more 10 bullets on your mag is a big difference.

RPG-7->default start
T-UGS->default start

yeah, cuz what we need is a bunch of people who are already AT spamming to have an uber weapon from the very beginning.

TheSeks

yeah, cuz what we need is a bunch of people who are already AT spamming to have an uber weapon from the very beginning.

As opposed to no one using those starting kit items and using their PDW/Carbines to unlock the better ones instead? Things that make you go hmmm...

Honestly, I gag everytime I commorose "NEED AMMO" for explosive refills and a newbie is throwing out those sticky-ammo-only ones. Almost vomitting in disgust. I always have to say "oh, sorry. I'm looking to refill my explosives. D:" at them and feel bad because I know they're trying to help but they really aren't because DICE fucked up class kit items.

scogoth

It's a good thing sekoku wasn't around to see this, he would flip knowing gaf was playing rush without him while rocking out to ziggy stardust in mumble.

ibyAl0KkaugH4T.PNG

Rey

How are you guys playing this game? Since the patch its unplayable for me with the amount of lag and rubberbanding on PS4.

How are you guys playing this game? Since the patch its unplayable for me with the amount of lag and rubberbanding on PS4.

Honestly I didn't experience this as much before the patch, so it definitely did not fix any of the issues that needed fixing on my end ie. rubber banding, crazy lag, pressing x when dying causes spawn menu to come up black, levels never loading so you are stuck on black screen with the two bars, and I've fallen through levels before so I'm half under ground and half above.

Dysun

China Rising map rotation seems to work fine. I've been avoiding Lancang Dam and haven't had any issues. Seems like that one map is more fucked up than the rest

Rey

China Rising map rotation seems to work fine. I've been avoiding Lancang Dam and haven't had any issues. Seems like that one map is more fucked up than the rest

Well that could be it. I just had a horrible match on Lancang Damn and I turned off the PS4. But I think I'm pretty sure i had some crazy lag on the other maps as well, maybe not on the same level as LD but pretty messed up after the latest patch.

TheSeks

It's a good thing sekoku wasn't around to see this, he would flip knowing gaf was playing rush without him while rocking out to ziggy stardust in mumble.

All I see is a server listing. Show me the receipts.

Kabuto

kind of random to ask but does anyone have an extra Bad Company 2 code for PC? I watched Matimi0's new video and I regret not getting the $1 code on Black Friday :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom