• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billen

Banned
Interesting new feature: if I play air on conquest it stutters all the time. this makes flying impossible. No bandwidth/ping problems. On PlayStation 4.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Obliteration is the worst mode to play if you don't have a team of friends on comms. The most frustrating ever. I really wouldn't say it has the highest % of people playing properly.

I've actually had some good fun with a good public team but it's in a Rush/Obliteration mix. Really depends on people knowing how to play the mode and going for it. My most fun was on Altai (or whatever the mountain China Rising map is) so far. We had the bomb at A (near the radar/bombing run) south-side/our team's bombing site for like three minutes before diggint it out of there and getting it up the mountain to their's. Tough but fun.

Double XP this weekend? I thought I saw the premium event started on the 27th which would make it monday?

I'm going with the assumption that the date on Premium is the "weekend before." It's the only thing that makes sense since the other weekends themselves follow that assumption.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/01/bf4-balancing-feedback/

Balancing feedback, eh? I don't even know why "buffing anti-air capabilities of attack boats" is even there. In almost every match that I've been in, the attack boats have been completely dominating land, air and water. Though voting seems almost 50/50, so *shrugs*

anecdotal evidence is the best evidence!

I agree with that.

I wish there was an option for all tank shells. The splash damage is a joke for all of them.

I agree with that.

I wish there was an option for all tank shells. The splash damage is a joke for all of them.
I don't even care about splash damage in regards to killing infantry - the amount of accuracy required to detonate a mine is staggering. They should just double the blast radius and make the outer damage incredibly low.

Bombless

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/01/bf4-balancing-feedback/

Balancing feedback, eh? I don't even know why "buffing anti-air capabilities of attack boats" is even there. In almost every match that I've been in, the attack boats have been completely dominating land, air and water. Though voting seems almost 50/50, so *shrugs*

anecdotal evidence is the best evidence!

Point 1 : No. The burst cannon is great for this, and there's a point below that mentions buffing it to increase effectiveness against aircraft.

Point 2 : Hell yes. The Javelin is laughable. It's incredibly difficult to use (missile shoots upwards first, killing you if it hits anything and is HOLD LOCK to hit) and the damage clearly doesn't reflect this.

Point 3 : I guess yes? I haven't tried the 20mm post buff so I cannot tell, but if it has become the best gun then there's a problem.

Point 4 : Yes. Less infantry splash is good, more AA power for burst is good.

Point 5 : Who the hell uses Canister shells??

From my tests, I haven't noticed any damage difference in any of the Rockets. Just go with what you prefer. Personally, I like to use the SRAW but I do tend to see the RPG more than anything else.

I love the SRAW. Now I troll worthless roof camping idiots with it all the time :)

TheSeks

Sometimes when I jump I get "killed in action" with my corpse flying into the air on Flood Zone. That's just as funny for everyone else.. less funny for me :(

I've been "killed in action" about 2-3 times with no explanation, feet planted firmly on the ground, sprinting. Just dead. I attributed it to my soldiers having a heart attack or something.

I'm guessing texture streaming taking forever and then popping in and having "killed by the guardians"/clipping-fix being issued. :/

I've been "killed in action" about 2-3 times with no explanation, feet planted firmly on the ground, sprinting. Just dead. I attributed it to my soldiers having a heart attack or something.

I'm guessing texture streaming taking forever and then popping in and having "killed by the guardians"/clipping-fix being issued. :/

i got one just last night when i was on some rocks.

TheSeks

Waiiit, you're white Faceless? (Avatar)
---

But yeah, those unexplained K.I.A.'s are really weird.

Waiiit, you're white Faceless? (Avatar)
---

But yeah, those unexplained K.I.A.'s are really weird.

that's Miley.

ibuEgOWJVYtgiN.gif

Warablo

This zero health thing is really irritating because whenever I see that I feel like I got cheated.. I also miss some of the maps from BF 3.. I would like to use a shotgun once in awhile but BF 4 maps are so useless for them.

Kabuto

okay I don't know what happened the past few days but I keep randomly getting bad input lag for my mouse and keyboard. It's so annoying and completely throws me off when I try to snipe or ADS. It only happens in this game too ugh

DarkFlow

Banned
Probably not the most unbiased thread to ask, but what's the general consensus on purchasing BF4 Premium? I have the base game on PS4 (my first BF game) and have been having a blast with it. Haven't enjoyed a multiplayer shooter in years, but this one, despite the glitches, is so much fun. Considering a premium purchase, but another $50 seems pretty steep. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Do want DLC, then yes. If you're fine with just the base maps (that are right now, better then the shit China ones) then no.

Milennia

If we don't get any official second assault news within the next week, I'm going to take another week off the game, take that DICE and your exclusive nonsense!

(Actually going to play puppeteer)

That ending today was spectacular. In that match we were talking about how great of a timing that was.

In Shanghai one of us collapsed the building right as the game ended.

Gotta love gunners who don't at least shoot in the direction of soldiers running towards the tank with C4.....thanks for the help randoms

And I really need to practice piloting helicopters.....yeesh, and I thought GTA 5 chopper controls were messed

People, anyone experimenting connectivity issues and severe stuttering after the last patch in PC? Between the previous patch and the most recent one, the game 99% of the time run flawlessly for me, but now I have a lot of problems to join servers. It keeps being stuck and the "connecting" step of Battlelog, and maybe sometimes after several tries I'm able to connect and play. And then in some Conquest Large maps with 64 players I'm experimenting the stuttering I had the first month. I've tried to reinstall Punkbuster and the usual things. I can't believe that almost 3 months after launch they're making the game unplayable, smh ><.

Facism

if anyone is using AVG and experiencing the occasional fps tank where you literally drop to 3fps or something fora bout 5 seconds, turn off AVG protection.

No more 3fps for me :O :O

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
People, anyone experimenting connectivity issues and severe stuttering after the last patch in PC? Between the previous patch and the most recent one, the game 99% of the time run flawlessly for me, but now I have a lot of problems to join servers. It keeps being stuck and the "connecting" step of Battlelog, and maybe sometimes after several tries I'm able to connect and play. And then in some Conquest Large maps with 64 players I'm experimenting the stuttering I had the first month. I've tried to reinstall Punkbuster and the usual things. I can't believe that almost 3 months after launch they're making the game unplayable, smh ><.
I was in a server last night where it would stutter every 5 seconds or so, pretty sure that was just the server though. I do keep getting kicked between rounds for a punk buster disallowed driver, even though I was just playing fine on that server and can also rejoin the same server. Kinda annoying.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
You both kill each other at the same time. No winner in the shootout just 2 losers.
I wonder why it is so prevelant in bf games. I mean regardless of the quality of the netcode it should still happen fairly often in any shooter.

93xfan

Banned
Probably not the most unbiased thread to ask, but what's the general consensus on purchasing BF4 Premium? I have the base game on PS4 (my first BF game) and have been having a blast with it. Haven't enjoyed a multiplayer shooter in years, but this one, despite the glitches, is so much fun. Considering a premium purchase, but another $50 seems pretty steep. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

That's a tough one. Personally, I wish I had waited. After cutting features from China Rising, I'm worried they'll do more of the same with the other dlc

TheSeks

That's a tough one m personally, I wish I had waited. After cutting features from China Rising, I'm worried they'll do more of the same with the other dlc

Levolution is in Second Assault, so they aren't doing that.

I guess my 2XP before the assigned date is wrong. DIIIIIICE.

93xfan

Banned
Levolution is in Second Assault, so they aren't doing that.

I guess my 2XP before the assigned date is wrong. DIIIIIICE.

They made Second Assault before they had to delay everything to finish BF4. Now they're far behind schedule on everything. Be prepared more rushed dlc, and maybe a double xp weekend to make up for it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Battlefield said:
Double XP event for #BF4 Premium members starts tomorrow. Rank up faster this weekend, starting January 25 at 2AM PDT / 10AM UTC.

There you go!

TheSeks

VINDICATED.

Finally I can get my Pistols finished and finish my Carbines. \o/

Bombless

Sniper rifles and pistols for me. I never snipe (waste of a role) and the shorty gives shotgun xp (which is already maxed).

I guess I'll force myself to snipe for a while.

VariantX

Felt like an eternity to finally unlock the FY-JS. Took me less time to unlock most of the weapons from a single class normally. I mean asking the player to do between 50-250 headshots at 50 meters+ takes quite a bit of investment. I wish dice had learned their lesson from bf3 with stupidly grindy unlocks. It people have paid their money for the map pack, just let them have the stuff already. Or keep the requirements the same as the other guns in its class.

Milennia

Felt like an eternity to finally unlock the FY-JS. Took me less time to unlock most of the weapons from a single class normally. I mean asking the player to do between 50-250 headshots at 50 meters+ takes quite a bit of investment. I wish dice had learned their lesson from bf3 with stupidly grindy unlocks. It people have paid their money for the map pack, just let them have the stuff already. Or keep the requirements the same as the other guns in its class.

Most of the marksmen shots don't even register properly, that was my problem when going for the FY.

I don't even use it, ill probably end up using the GOL for aggressive play, as i don't long range snipe when i play recon (which is rare unless I'm fucking bored as shit and want to out shoot ARs at point blank range)

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot

It's the hardest weapon in the game to unlock, but it's more than worth it for me. Only sniper I touch unless there's somebody way out in the middle of nowhere I want dead, then I pull out the M98B.

Plus I used the M98B to unlock it, the secret gem that most overlook to go for the SRR-61 instead so it wasn't much trouble at all for me. FY-JS took over the Scout Elite for me as aggressive recon, with it, my aiming above the head days were over, every headshot I aim dead-on for I land instantly, even while they're running. It's funny that you need Marksman headshots to get a short range sniper, but I guess they wanted the toughest challenge for a sniper that shoots as straight and instant as a laser with all of those shots in one mag.

TheSeks

Voting poll said:
4. FAST ATTACK CRAFT CANNON TWEAKS
We are considering some minor changes to Fast Attack Craft cannons: Reducing the splash damage area against infantry, requiring the player to hit closer to targets to get quick kills. And increasing the speed and the direct damage of the Burst cannon to aid hitting aircraft. No changes are being considered for the 30mm cannon.

If I'm reading this right: They mean the side-cannons, right? They're already good, IMO. Infantry can be mown pretty easy (granted it takes a little while) and suppressed pretty good with them. I don't need to see a buff to those. The pilots main default gun is already good for infantry and other stuff so if they mean that one as well it doesn't need a buff.

DICE said:
What do you think about the tweaks to attack craft cannons described above?

Sounds good! (63%, 20,793 Votes)
I'd prefer if you didn't (37%, 12,207 Votes)

Of course, this is the only unpopular one that I voted for, since everyone and their mother wants the attack boat to dominate land, sea, and air. :/

VariantX

It's the hardest weapon in the game to unlock, but it's more than worth it for me. Only sniper I touch unless there's somebody way out in the middle of nowhere I want dead, then I pull out the M98B.

Plus I used the M98B to unlock it, the secret gem that most overlook to go for the SRR-61 instead so it wasn't much trouble at all for me. FY-JS took over the Scout Elite for me as aggressive recon, with it, my aiming above the head days were over, every headshot I aim dead-on for I land instantly, even while they're running. It's funny that you need Marksman headshots to get a short range sniper, but I guess they wanted the toughest challenge for a sniper that shoots as straight and instant as a laser with all of those shots in one mag.

The hilarious thing about it, is I unlock it and take it for a spin, get like 3 marksman ribbons with it in the next match without even really trying. Gun is just stupidly accurate. Almost feels like a hitscan weapon. Probably could easily kill anything within 100 meters of me with it if I get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom