• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time making GIFs...I need to learn how to make my photoshop let me import videos. The quality in these suck lol

iZjh1Z9l4B88P.gif

iE8RX3rooXXdb.gif

iVSjRyPbNK569.gif

File>Import>Video frames to layers

Heysoos

So I bought the Xbox One version since that's where all my friends are playing. God damn I suck on consoles now. Guess I just got used to the PC, but I can't aim for shit now.

Milennia

So I bought the Xbox One version since that's where all my friends are playing. God damn I suck on consoles now. Guess I just got used to the PC, but I can't aim for shit now.

I tried playing for a bit on the xbox.
I couldn't get used to the controller coming off the dualshock 4 lol, i really just don't like it, its hard to explain, but i would rather have the option to use my 360 pad on the xbox one.

The sticks are a little too small and raised for me as well as the weird travel distance on the trigger, i just couldn't get a handle of it.

Timu

I tried playing for a bit on the xbox.
I couldn't get used to the controller coming off the dualshock 4 lol, i really just don't like it, its hard to explain, but i would rather have the option to use my 360 pad on the xbox one.

The sticks are a little too small and raised for me as well as the weird travel distance on the trigger, i just couldn't get a handle of it.
X1 controller is fine for me, I don't have problems with it.

Fucking hell, I'm having one of the worst days when it comes to lag. I'm losing 90% of my head to head battles no matter what. I mean, I get insta killled before the enemy has even stopped running and raised his weapon. I'm getting so many straight up bullshit deaths that I can't play this shit anymore. In some cases, I drop dead immediately and start hearing the gun shots only after I'm dead... how fucking bad I'm lagging then?.

And finally started playing Conguest this week after spending most of my time playing just Domination or TDM. How fucking crap is Operation Locker. God damn, that map is garbage unless you want to rack up some medic points etc..

Facism

Had some guy try to tell me about respect after calling me a N**ga.

Sure cos you deserve so much after that. Useless fucking roof-camping recon.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just finished the SP campaign.

That was great.
Quite an improvement over BF3s ... also dat singapore level.

So Zh1nt0 is no longer a Community Manager so... who is it? Wanna ask if theyre ever gonna fix the emblems.

Milennia

Quite an improvement over BF3s ... also dat singapore level.

So Zh1nt0 is no longer a Community Manager so... who is it? Wanna ask if theyre ever gonna fix the emblems.

I need to see my patrick emblem on everything, its bothering me.
People need to see his face after they die.

Damn good shot regardless man

Still a good shot, don't want to see me sniping :p

Thanks :) I don't snipe much, can't wait to get into it more.

File > Import > Video frames to layer

Pretty sure that's it.

File>Import>Video frames to layers

GifCam is pretty decent for creating Gifs

I think photoshop only supports mp4, at least that's the only format that works with my photoshop CS5 when making Gifs

My photoshop doesn't have "video frames to layer" under Import :/ Under import there's just "WIA Support" and "PDF image." I'll have to check out GifCam in the future

Facism

If they do a single player campaign in the next one, I hope it's built to teach players the basics of cq, the basics of kit items with how/when/why you should use them.

One level should make you snipe from a roof above a capture and auto-kick you from the sp campaign for being useless. Possibly delete a weapon unlock everytime as punishment.

turnbuckle

Fucking hell, I'm having one of the worst days when it comes to lag. I'm losing 90% of my head to head battles no matter what. I mean, I get insta killled before the enemy has even stopped running and raised his weapon. I'm getting so many straight up bullshit deaths that I can't play this shit anymore. In some cases, I drop dead immediately and start hearing the gun shots only after I'm dead... how fucking bad I'm lagging then?.

And finally started playing Conguest this week after spending most of my time playing just Domination or TDM. How fucking crap is Operation Locker. God damn, that map is garbage unless you want to rack up some medic points etc..

This is exactly what's happening to me. I'm working on marksmen ribbons and, on my end at least, I'm firing a clean headshot at a sniper facing me. I'll hear the gun go off on my end after I fire, hear his gun go off after I fire, but then I'm dead and he's alive. Happening so many times I just shut it off. And going one-on-one I'm getting what looks like one-shotted from assault rifles.

It's really frustrating; I'm not good at this game but I'm better than when I started a few weeks ago...but this wasn't happening to this extent back then even. I don't get it.

It's been the worst since the weekend to today. My roommate who's getting interested in getting the game watches me play a lot and he said the same thing - that he has no idea how I'm dying so fast. Like, my deaths with assault weapons / carbines often are as sudden as if I were sniped in the head.

Operation Locker is incredible if you want to level quick. Premium XP event + 200% XP Booster + having an MAV inside constantly spotting/motion sensing or, as you said, med boxes and defibbing. A good player can rack up a few hundred K xp with those boosts in that situation.

This is exactly what's happening to me. I'm working on marksmen ribbons and, on my end at least, I'm firing a clean headshot at a sniper facing me. I'll hear the gun go off on my end after I fire, hear his gun go off after I fire, but then I'm dead and he's alive. Happening so many times I just shut it off. And going one-on-one I'm getting what looks like one-shotted from assault rifles.

It's really frustrating; I'm not good at this game but I'm better than when I started a few weeks ago...but this wasn't happening to this extent back then even. I don't get it.

It's been the worst since the weekend to today. My roommate who's getting interested in getting the game watches me play a lot and he said the same thing - that he has no idea how I'm dying so fast. Like, my deaths with assault weapons / carbines often are as sudden as if I were sniped in the head.

Operation Locker is incredible if you want to level quick. Premium XP event + 200% XP Booster + having an MAV inside constantly spotting/motion sensing or, as you said, med boxes and defibbing. A good player can rack up a few hundred K xp with those boosts in that situation.

There's your answer.

Omni

This is happening to me too. Not quite as bad as you, but the whole thing seems to be worse since the last patch... I don't know what it is. Reaaaaally frustrating to put a few bullets in a guy, and then he shoots once and I'm insta-killed.

There have been so many situations where I know 100% that I should have killed the guy, and yet I'm being killed instantly. The 0 health glitch really rubs your head in it too... :lol
I know it shows the wrong amount, but it's almost like it only happens to taunt you... >:)

turnbuckle

There's your answer.

But when you look at the character shooting at me they are blasting at my torso/feet frequently.

Also, are does every gun give you a instant kill on a headshot? I'm really ignorant on this point (as I've said before, I hardly every play FPS and don't know what the "rules" are about certain things). If every headshot is an instant kill why not just use the gun that has the highest firing rate with some modest amount of accuracy/stability?

The deaths I've been having look more like shotgun deaths at point blank range than headshots. It's like I'm dead before the bullets are coming, and I'm only seeing the shooting happen after the fact.

haha, I don't want to sound like I'm blaming lag for being terrible. I AM terrible. But the some of the deaths I've had in the last couple of days have felt really unfair and frustrating.

Zampano

Great. My campaign progress has been reset. Jesus fucking Christ. Like four hours of progress. Can't be bothered playing through again.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, Fersis must've been rollin in that EA dough before BF4 hit... eh?

I know BC2 wasn't known for its CQ maps.

But I quite miss Panama canal, wouldn't mind seeing an upgraded version in the future.

BC2 is the last time I kinda-enjoyed Conquest. Probably because after like 800 hours on the thing between Rush and Conquest I just got burned out on three flag. BF3/4 Consoles didn't fix that (until Next-Gen) and at that point I got tired of hoofing it between flags.

If they do a single player campaign in the next one, I hope it's built to teach players the basics of cq, the basics of kit items with how/when/why you should use them.

They started to do that in BF4's. That tank section with the brain dead AI and "use the AT/SLAM mines and C4 how you want to destroy them" was a precursor. I said it during launch: If they went that route the singleplayer would've been fine. The BF4 campaign is (believe it or not) a vast improvement over BF3's but really if DICE did a "sandbox" campaign with a laser focusto where it isn't totally open like BC1's (with exceptions, IIRC BC1 suffers out-of-bounds like BC2's out of bounds happened)it'd be a good "training wheel" for the multiplayer.

Milennia

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/01/bf4-balancing-feedback/

Balancing feedback, eh? I don't even know why "buffing anti-air capabilities of attack boats" is even there. In almost every match that I've been in, the attack boats have been completely dominating land, air and water. Though voting seems almost 50/50, so *shrugs*

anecdotal evidence is the best evidence!

This is pretty cool, they should do this with every balance tweak.

turnbuckle

No. Most weapons don't.

I didn't think so, but Erasure bolded the part where I was talking about my deaths from assault rifles / carbines feeling as sudden as a sniper shot in the head and said "there's your answer". I took that to mean headshots from all of the other guns are also an instant kill. If that's not the case then his post was useless.

That's because the game is unfair and frustrating.[/QUOTE]

I'm really enjoying it but it sure is.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
GifCam is pretty decent for creating Gifs

GIFcam is too limited, I feel. Imageready gives you a lot more "editing" and cutting for flow-ability.

I made like a 30sec-1min .gif in .gifcam and it wanted liek 30megs or so from the 30FPS and frame-skipping option it did. Insane for what it's supposed to be removing a lot of data from.

Milennia

Im pretty sure every time i die to an MX4 its due to a one shot, I'm almost positive.
Nothing kills me quicker and that gun was a big hitter before the initial one shot bug patch.

VariantX

Im pretty sure every time i die to an MX4 its due to a one shot, I'm almost positive.
Nothing kills me quicker and that gun was a big hitter before the initial one shot bug patch.

I only started to notice that maybe something was probably wrong with that gun about a month or so ago when I was equipped with a DMR, and snuck up on some snipers in Zavod and it took me two headshots at point blank range to kill in about nearly a second each, while that MX4 and similar high ROF weapons simply kill me instantly without no warning. Did a little bit a weapon damage research, and totally confirmed for myself that it should not be able to kill anyone that fast. All this time, I just assumed that all headshots are instant death but really that's only the case with sniper rifles.

scogoth

GIFcam is too limited, I feel. Imageready gives you a lot more "editing" and cutting for flow-ability.

I made like a 30sec-1min .gif in .gifcam and it wanted liek 30megs or so from the 30FPS and frame-skipping option it did. Insane for what it's supposed to be removing a lot of data from.

It's quick easy and for creating the 5 sec gifs for this thread its fine. I don't feel like editing anything

Serious question: Does anyone else here get killed by players with 0 health after a firefight? I don't know why, but I'm always the one dying and the other person lives with a literal 0 in health. What gives? (PS4 here)

turnbuckle

Serious question: Does anyone else here get killed by players with 0 health after a firefight? I don't know why, but I'm always the one dying and the other person lives with a literal 0 in health. What gives? (PS4 here)

Happens to us all.

Most annoying for me is when it happens against snipers.

This should have been "fixed" with the last update but I get the same thing on PC as well.

broony

So this is my first battlefield since 2 on PC. I have just been playing conquest large since launch.

What other game modes are considered best to play? Which game modes do get get the highest percentage of people playing properly? I mean like people actually spot, communicate, coordinate attacks and so on.

vixlar

So this is my first battlefield since 2 on PC. I have just been playing conquest large since launch.

What other game modes are considered best to play? Which game modes do get get the highest percentage of people playing properly? I mean like people actually spot, communicate, coordinate attacks and so on.

Obliteration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom