• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjscott05

Is there any reason to not use the flash hider on a gun if I don't use a silencer/change barrel? I like the idea of hiding my flash with no penalty.

Preemo

Banned
is thermal vision going to be fixed? the saturation limits your depth of field view and is a big disappointment compared to BF3.

also, how many times have you seen someone using canister shell anymore?

i've switched back to AP shells in the MBT and im racking up much more kills. any other shell is way too frustrating and far less versatile. theres 4 shells for the MBT and only one is useful for infantry. kinda stupid especially considering the inclusion of the HE shell.

Bombless

What's the most powerful at launcher? RPG or javelin?

On paper the RPG is the strongest but in the reality the SMAW is due to it's more straight trajectory and higher projectile speed. The javelin is the worst of them all. The SRAW is the most versatile but also the riskiest to use.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Man. The M1911 is really annoying trying to unlock. Also, the Obliteration achievement is nigh impossible. :(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im sure this is old (Been away from the PC/PS4) but its funny anyway:

R20 Server Update
-Fixed an issue where players could equip the exclusive DICE camo/paint, which would cause them to become invisible

Rey

So yesterday I found out that all the lag and rubberbanding that started after the latest patch for PS4 was caused by my router. A simple reset fixed everything for me. Last night was butter smooth for me. So happy :) Sorry DICE for bitching.

Milennia

On paper the RPG is the strongest but in the reality the SMAW is due to it's more straight trajectory and higher projectile speed. The javelin is the worst of them all. The SRAW is the most versatile but also the riskiest to use.

The smaw sits at a full 5.5 reload without the possibility of the cancel.
The projectile speed means nothing to tanks, its for sniping air support.
The SRAW has a bug that allows you to spam two rockets and lead both onto the same target in a matter of seconds, not to mention being the highest damage launcher overall with 3 seperate methods of firing, including blind fire.

The rpg works with reload cancel, so you get more damage onto a tank in 2 shots than you would with a SMAW as well, its just for air support, one shotting air support as well as a versatile lockon. (Its also good for sniping infantry, if thats your thing)

The rpg is king of the dumb fire without the SRAW bug, with it, its second.

So confused about the Skill rating.

All of my stats are moving up: KPM, K/D, SPM etc, and I'm on winning teams more often, but my skill rating continues to drop.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks BFF Demize99 is asking more balancing questions on twitter.

Birbo

Probably not the most unbiased thread to ask, but what's the general consensus on purchasing BF4 Premium? I have the base game on PS4 (my first BF game) and have been having a blast with it. Haven't enjoyed a multiplayer shooter in years, but this one, despite the glitches, is so much fun. Considering a premium purchase, but another $50 seems pretty steep. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Not worth it atm. DLC delayed for the time being. Second Assault is only coming out soon because Microsoft paid to keep it away from us for a while. Levels doesn't matter much. It's getting closer and closer to microtransation and pay to win. For now it's just more battlepacks. In the future? That's the scary thought.

Rey

Probably not the most unbiased thread to ask, but what's the general consensus on purchasing BF4 Premium? I have the base game on PS4 (my first BF game) and have been having a blast with it. Haven't enjoyed a multiplayer shooter in years, but this one, despite the glitches, is so much fun. Considering a premium purchase, but another $50 seems pretty steep. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Do u have the China Rising DLC map pack? There will be 4 more map packs comming in this year for $15 a piece. So the question is.. Are you planning to purchase the map packs? If so its better to go Premium so u will get the maps 2 weeks earlier and the additional extras for Premium members.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
So how did bf3 work out with map packs? Was it hard to get in a game if you didn't have them?

Premium is one of the if not the only season pass type models that is actually worth the money.

You're gonna get another 20 maps (inc CR) and a shitload of trivial stuff on the side.

Saying that , DLC pricing to me is justified on one linked basis, how much fun you find the game and the hours you put into it.

If you're having fun with it and want to prolong it, sure why not.

Omni

So how did bf3 work out with map packs? Was it hard to get in a game if you didn't have them?
Not really.

If I recall correctly the same four or so default maps were most prominently on rotation, though. Can see how it could get a bit dull after a while

Facism

one thing i miss from BF3 was the Return to Karkand-only servers. Wish they'd bring all 4 of those fuckers back for bf4. At least we get Gilf of Oman.

Birbo

Do u have the China Rising DLC map pack? There will be 4 more map packs comming in this year for $15 a piece. So the question is.. Are you planning to purchase the map packs? If so its better to go Premium so u will get the maps 2 weeks earlier and the additional extras for Premium members.

I do not have China Rising. Enjoying the base game, but I'm not that good at it. Thinking more maps would be fun and any additional help I could get would be a boon. Trying to justify the price.

poppabk

Not really.

If I recall correctly the same four or so default maps were most prominently on rotation, though. Can see how it could get a bit dull after a while
I have so many hours in BC2 it's not even funny. At a certain point it becomes more like a sports game where there are no surprises, just competition and trying tactic A to combat tactic B.

Schlep

I do not have China Rising. Enjoying the base game, but I'm not that good at it. Thinking more maps would be fun and any additional help I could get would be a boon. Trying to justify the price.

If you're the kind of person who will play on online game to death, then it's worth it. Double XP weekends here and there and $25 off the map packs. Final Stand (the last pack) probably won't be released until August or September. If the first thought that comes to mind is you'll be long done with the game and/or playing other games by then, I wouldn't drop the $50.

Rey

If you're the kind of person who will play on online game to death, then it's worth it. Double XP weekends here and there and $25 off the map packs. Final Stand (the last pack) probably won't be released until August or September. If the first thought that comes to mind is you'll be long done with the game and/or playing other games by then, I wouldn't drop the $50.

Was just about to say this. Do u see yourself playing this game for the whole year?

Birbo

Was just about to say this. Do u see yourself playing this game for the whole year?

Hard to say; only been playing since Christmas, but it's been dominating my playtime. Haven't been this enamored of a multiplayer shooter in years. Don't really see anything filling that void until possibly when Destiny comes out.

Schlep

That's why I mentioned the Final Stand release date specifically. Also Dragon's Teeth will probably be coming out right about the same time as the Destiny beta.

turnbuckle

I don't know if I'm just making this up, but it seems like the lag is worse after the patch than before. I don't mean that noticeable rubber-banding type lag that you experience most frequently in the dam level, but a different kind that makes it look like you got 1-shot by an assault rifle/carbine. I've been getting killed a lot recently in situations that would look like I died by a shotgun only to find out it wasn't.

Pretty frustrating. I have a 100 mb connection, always play wired, and only pick servers with full bars on ping. Is there any way to test the PS4's connection to see if it's an issue on my end and not one with the game?

I typically don't experience too much lag in games where other people seem to have issues. Most notably is MLB The Show. Year after year people complain about the lag making the mode unplayable, but for the most part the game online feels nearly identical to playing locally. I haven't changed any settings from when I switched from my PS3 to my PS4, just plugged the ethernet cable that was in the PS3 into the PS4.

poppabk

Does premium ever go on sale? I picked up the game with China rising expansion for a decent price, so $50 seems pretty steep.

Does premium ever go on sale? I picked up the game with China rising expansion for a decent price, so $50 seems pretty steep.

Yes, occasionally, if we're talking PC. During the holidays it was relatively easy to find it on sale at places like Gamestop Digital for $40, and nowadays it's usually eligible for Green Man Gaming's 20%/25% off vouchers. As time passes you can expect deeper discounts, but probably not for another few months.

Console? Ha, forget it. Not for a long while, anyways.

Fersis

Why do they have the double xp scheduled for a Monday? Lol

Got damn it.
I was planning to pull a BF4 All weekend XP marathon-rama >__<

Gonna apply to DICE (Again) this time as a Common Sense advisor.

turnbuckle

Why do they have the double xp scheduled for a Monday? Lol

What? Really?

I thought it was dumb enough that it started last time Friday morning and ended around 6pm EST (3PM PST) that Sunday. Would make a lot more sense to have it end start the beginning of Friday and end at the end of Sunday (12:00 AM Friday to 11:59 PM Sunday). Sure, it's a few extra hours but it makes more sense.

But having it on a Monday? that...is...it's like they're trolling us.

Fersis

Well ... its not they actually release the event on time... remember the last event?

turnbuckle

It was off immediately at the scheduled time so it's pretty clearly just an on/off switch they don't even have to mess with. Don't understand why they delayed it before.

A lot of things about the game confuse me. Have access to the battlelog but it's so slow and laggy on the consoles and you can't change your emblem or clan or anything through it. Just a weird decision.

First time making GIFs...I need to learn how to make my photoshop let me import videos. The quality in these suck lol

iZjh1Z9l4B88P.gif

iE8RX3rooXXdb.gif

iVSjRyPbNK569.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom