• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
That's why I don't care about assignments.
The problem is that some weapon and gadgets are tied to them.

I havent been able to get a kill with the Bomber yet T__T

turnbuckle

Yup. If it weren't for that I wouldn't bother. It's easy enough to get xp that one doesn't need to worry about assignment related xp bonuses, but item-related is a different story

I don't camp for it, but I've managed 12 so far...somehow.

I think it's down to the slams I put down before getting into the bomber. They count as bomber kills when they explode as you're using it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I don't camp for it, but I've managed 12 so far...somehow.

I think it's down to the slams I put down before getting into the bomber. They count as bomber kills when they explode as you're using it.

Problem is getting in the goddamn bomber.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
For anyone who hasn't seen them, these are the second assault assignments,
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...-Assault-DLC-Assignments-and-Rewards-Revealed

Fuck all of these.

This is the GOL assignment
GOL MAGNUM

ASSIGNMENT: EAGLE’S NEST

Sniper Rifle Ribbon x1
In a round, kill 5 players from the Caspian or Firestorm towers

People camp these towers for free kills on people trying to get the GOL, its a mess.
T__________T

And they rejected me when applied as Jr. Game Designer.
Got dammit based DICE >__<

terrible

Banned
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...-Assault-DLC-Assignments-and-Rewards-Revealed

Fuck all of these.

GOL MAGNUM

Sniper Rifle Ribbon x1

People camp these towers for free kills on people trying to get the GOL, its a mess.

Time for all of us to warm up our scout choppers I guess. Lots and lots of easy kills incoming.

TheSeks

Got one bomber kill thanks to Norua or Splinter spotting A on Silk Road. That leaves... 13 or so more to get. >_< Didn't get the bombing run ribbons yet either which requires 3 bombing run kills in a round. Ugh. Pain in the ass and it's hard to kill someone when spotting them will have someone shoot them and not spotting them means I'm blind.

TheSeks

I can barely get in the bomber, much less kill shit with it since we're either rolling or being rolled to where I can't ever get the bomber. :/

Also that bad luck roll on B's bridge in Dragon Valley. I'm sprinting on the bridge and roll right off it while trying to take a tank on a hill out. Whoops. After that we proceeded to lose the round.

TheSeks

V40 spam on Gullen Peaks first set is hilarious. Get one person, and then another, and then another (resupplied all the while) then another, then enough... damage, assist, get another kill...

TheSeks

I was just chaining them together over the ridge of the first set on Rush. They finally flanked and took that set, but didn't take the second one since we dug into the cave. That's the first time I used the V40s, but I can see why people bitch about them. 3 grenades and able to chain them together due to how far they toss? Yes, ma'am.

terrible

Banned
I was just chaining them together over the ridge of the first set on Rush. They finally flanked and took that set, but didn't take the second one since we dug into the cave. That's the first time I used the V40s, but I can see why people bitch about them. 3 grenades and able to chain them together due to how far they toss? Yes, ma'am.

They make all the other grenades completely irrelevant. They are the only grenades I use and I love getting kills with them but they are definitely way too effective when spammed.

Kabuto

so does the 2XP start exactly at 2am PDT? I might reach max level this weekend if I use all my XP boosts :eek:

My friend got banned from Battle Log for some reason so I have no one to play with on PC :[

Do any of you guys use the battlescreen app from tablet/laptop/second monitor?

I've been on the fence about buying a tablet for awhile now, but having access to a map of the level I'm playing is starting to make me consider. Is there a way to view the full map while you're deployed in the game (I'm on PS4)? I can't remember if I asked that question before.

I also really wish there was a way to lock the minimap.

I use it on my 2nd monitor on PC and I love it. I usually use it to see where the enemy are bunched up or what flag my teammates are trying to cap.

Kabuto

ibaiN7MsmcJFfe.PNG

tumblr_lwg55nw1pS1qzjix8.gif

After two days of nonstopping long range sniping, I can stop.

Milennia

Contacted EA la couple of minutes ago randomly to see if they made any progress on the veteran battlepack situation, they said they are working on it etc, etc, and then randomly threw me a 15% off origin coupon for anything.

Conversation was maybe a minute long.
Worth.

Kabuto

Any tips? I'm currently at 16 headshots.

biggest tip that changed how I went for headshots is that you only have to get your Marksman bonuses to ADD UP to 250m; you can get one 150m marksman bonus then a 100m marksman bonus after that and get a Marksman Ribbon. I mostly just looked at the sniper nests of the maps or revenge killed snipers that killed me. Best maps to get them on are the ones without a lot of verticality on them (Flood Zone, Lancang Dam, Zavod 311, and Rogue Transmission).

oh and personally I think the PLD is mandatory for doing this since you can see people easier.

JJD

Fuck all of these.

GOL MAGNUM

Sniper Rifle Ribbon x1

Maybe you can plant some mines, C4 or slams and go to the tower. Wait until someone dies and the kill will be registered to the assignment since you were in the tower.

This worked for some assignments on BF3.

I think it's worth a try.

TheSeks

Whoo-hoo. Pistols GOT. All weapon exp unlocks: DONE. Just leaves air vehicles (which ain't ever gonna happen) and the stupid as hell assignments to unlock. \o/

Gonna take a break and then maybe use my xp boosts to jump a few levels.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Is there a reason why the game doesn't have any sort of basic friend teaming up functionality? Maybe I have missed something as I haven't played it for long, but as someone who has come from CoD as their main shooter it can be a pain to join from the main menu or OS level where you have to hope to be on the right side with a friend.

Also what is this about double XP, is it on now?

And a third question, back when I played BF2 I picked up all the DLC expansions, I can't fork out the £40 for premium now but could buy the maps, is it worth just not getting anything now and keeping money back for next pay day and just getting premium then?

Dr Prob

Banned
Wanted to play tonight but almost every game I join turns into a slideshow. My internet connection is fine though...

Yeah, it's atrocious. Stayed in that game because I somehow never manage to be on at the same time as one of those guys but had to quit during the next match. Went up two flights of stairs in the Flood Zone parking garage--now I'm outside on the ground. Yipee!

Going to try domination I guess.

EDIT: CR was working fine. Actually got in the bomber! If I knew what the hell I was doing that could have been huge.

omg why wasn't i recording!? enemy team gifts me an F35 at the start of the game and i get another jet ribbon!

thank you mister "i need to get to the top of the hotel at the start of the game so i can activate the secret shit everyone saw on youtube" for that gift!

in other news, why the hell do you die after the game when you're flying?

omg why wasn't i recording!? enemy team gifts me an F35 at the start of the game and i get another jet ribbon!

thank you mister "i need to get to the top of the hotel at the start of the game so i can activate the secret shit everyone saw on youtube" for that gift!

How did he gift an F35?

How did he gift an F35?

exactly like i said.. lamer from the other side used it to taxi to the top of the hotel at Hainan at the start of the game and i guess he wanted to land there *JUST RIGHT* and he was floating in and he bailed out and the F35 coasted just to the left of our LAV so i hopped out, got in, hovered to take off and as i was pulling off i saw that big explosion and smoke cloud on the right from (i assume) that guy activating it.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/427161987440990208/173517439/

oh wait, it says 7-0 on the website i guess that death after the game ends doesn't count!

Milennia

.... They do it in my games now as well.
Why couldn't it just have been the damn megalodon so people could afk in the water and just get eaten.

exactly like i said.. lamer from the other side used it to taxi to the top of the hotel at Hainan at the start of the game and i guess he wanted to land there *JUST RIGHT* and he was floating in and he bailed out and the F35 coasted just to the left of our LAV so i hopped out, got in, hovered to take off and as i was pulling off i saw that big explosion and smoke cloud on the right from (i assume) that guy activating it.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/427161987440990208/173517439/

oh wait, it says 7-0 on the website i guess that death after the game ends doesn't count!

How do you make it hover? I know they can do that IRL but didn't think you could in the game

TheSeks

How do you make it hover? I know they can do that IRL but didn't think you could in the game

If it's like BF3: On take off just hold reverse/brake (and I think acceleration) to hover up/lift-off.

If flying, reach below 300MPH and it'll turn the afterburner downward to hover. But you'll "sink" while in hover. So it isn't practical.

TheSeks

Forgot how much I love Sabotage in this game. Siege of Shanghai with just Kane and I playing. Get the bomb up to the tower. Bomb carrier is taken out. Grab the bomb, dodge LMG fire to a broken glass-floor facing the sea. Fall through it and activate the parachute in the vein of that Goldeneye opening scene where Bond chases after the plane and grabs it.

Just in this case the plane is the bomb going to C. Me getting away from a total hot zone while no one is chasing me because they're all fighting on the ground or in the tower. Landing right outside of C, arming C getting taken out by a lone infantry that spawned at their base. Get that dude taken out by someone following me on my team and BOOM. Exploded.

Even got complimented on it by DefectPancake:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom