• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acorn

Any tips for attack jets? I'm having trouble managing a lock on ground targets.By the time the missile is half way there I've zoomed past them lol

Kabuto

I just got my first Jet Fighter ribbon. I was so happy hahah

Any tips for attack jets? I'm having trouble managing a lock on ground targets.By the time the missile is half way there I've zoomed past them lol

I have Battle Screen open so I see what direction the tanks are and prepare to slow down when I'm close to them, lock on and shoot, then let go of the brakes when I'm past the tank.

ChrisW

Hopefully picking BF4 up tomorrow, any tips for a n00bie to get into the game quickly. I would ideally like to jump into a team which chat to each other and are based in UK.

Hopefully picking BF4 up tomorrow, any tips for a n00bie to get into the game quickly. I would ideally like to jump into a team which chat to each other and are based in UK.

My personal tips.

Use the test range, get familiar and comfortable with vehicles and vehicle controls.

I would recommend the veteran control scheme.

Once you get a weapon you're comfortable with, learn it, its range and what attachment works well with it.

Be patient, watch the mini map, watch your squad mates when spawning.

Always spot enemies, so you can help your team and keep a track of where they disappear to on the mini map.

Be whatever class the situations needs you to be, DONT RELY ON RANDOMS in this game, they are useless.

There is always a guy behind the guy you killed, ALWAYS.

My personal tip, ALWAYS keep moving. Never stop.

This is also sound.

I have some Conquest and general tips to share:

Spawn Selection

Many of my early deaths came from being placed in bad situations. I wanted to spawn with the squad and that usually led to me being greeted by bullets to the face.

Do not select your teammates as a spawn point unless you can clearly see they're not near danger or didn't give their location away. I don't even trust the "Warning" label that you see in the spawn camera. I usually only spawn on a squadmate if I see that they have not fired a shot or if the surrounding area is clear.

Otherwise, I spawn at the nearest flag and move onto the next flag by foot. This has the added benefit of spotting reinforcements who are trying to spawn in and defend a captured flag. Remember: players spawn on the outskirts of the flag zone.

The Progress Bar Tells All

You can tell how many people are in a flag area by the progress bar. Pay attention to the rate of decrease or increase. If it changes, somebody just entered or left the flag area. I usually go out to greet them instead of staying still in a corner.

Grenades as spies

Whenever I reach an area where I suspect people are laying in wait, I throw out a grenade into the area and listen for the automatic "Grenade!" call. That usually gives away their position. I like using the V40 grenade because you get 3 of them.

More success with faster firing weapons

I like the SCAR-H but only with a silencer. I found that I was losing a lot of face to face fire fights because other weapons fired faster. Maybe it was lag but I found more success when I started using faster firing weapons.

On what system are you getting the game on?

Is there a reason why the game doesn't have any sort of basic friend teaming up functionality? Maybe I have missed something as I haven't played it for long, but as someone who has come from CoD as their main shooter it can be a pain to join from the main menu or OS level where you have to hope to be on the right side with a friend?

Battlefield 3 had a party system. But it was too convenient and "nextgen" so Dice removed it.

Bloody hell, everything is lagging to hell now. I've avoided it until now.

Yeah, for me too. My guess is the servers are being hammered by all of the people logging on for double xp weekend, or it's just bad luck because for the most part lag has been fine for me before today.

Just tried to log on to battlelog via the app and pc. It always says invalid email or password. I reset my password twice and can log in my origin account just fine. Contacted support but haven't gotten an answeryet and haven't found anything useful via Google. Wtf EA?!

Edit:QR code doesn't work either.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I love Sabotage, so fucking much. Best mode DICE introduced in BF4.

Shame CTF wasn't put in the base game either. Watch them introduce it at the last minute with the last expansion again with only 4 maps supporting it.

TheSeks

Just tried to log on to battlelog via the app and pc. It always says invalid email or password. I reset my password twice and can log in my origin account just fine. Contacted support but haven't gotten an answeryet and haven't found anything useful via Google. Wtf EA?!

Edit:QR code doesn't work either.

Make sure your EA.com password is correct as well. It's your Origin ID. Maybe something conflicting there like BF2142 wants me OLD OLD OLD (changed) EA.com password whereas BC2->on and Battlelog want the new password.

Whoops, double post. Meant to edit.

Beaulieu

I'm level 60 on the PS4, lots of levels gained in planes already but I still dont know how to slow them down. Says "dpad down" in the controls menu but its juste releasing my flares. Playing on veteran mode.

fuck this

TheSeks

I'm level 60 on the PS4, lots of levels gained in planes already but I still dont know how to slow them down. Says "dpad down" in the controls menu but its juste releasing my flares. Playing on veteran mode.

fuck this

...L1/2?

If you're Veteran, it's the same as BF3's nearly.

TheSeks

Then it's gotta be L2. Whatever your brake button on vehicles is, is what it should be.

Then again DICE did fuck up a lot of the bindings between PS3 and PS4.

JDAM is underwhelming to say the least, Hydra Missiles are the best secondary weapons to equip on attack jets IMO.

Underwhelming doesn't begin to describe it.

Was wondering if anyone had found the answer to its uselessness.

Laser Guided and Hydra are the only missiles worth using. ;_;

Facism

ohhhhh my looord.

I set slams down for a tank at B flag on Golmud. He wasn't biting and driving over them. I thought he saw them via INVR or something, but he was firing wildly at the buildings.

Then an enemy littlebird comes and lands. On the slams, that are 2 metres infront of the tank.

I was laughing so hard the fucking thing blew, destroyed the littlebird, it's 3 passengers and disabled the tank, which was finished off with a SMAWsome rocket. Glad i got the prick, he was doing something that let him fire HE shells and Staff shells without any pause or reload.

/batterufielduso 4 momenturu

Glad i got the prick, he was doing something that let him fire HE shells and Staff shells without any pause or reload.

That just seems to be how they work when swapping and firing. After the 1st long delay when swapping you can just spit out shells like mad, sometimes with no delay at all. Guess it's broken :)

Make sure your EA.com password is correct as well. It's your Origin ID. Maybe something conflicting there like BF2142 wants me OLD OLD OLD (changed) EA.com password whereas BC2->on and Battlelog want the new password.

Whoops, double post. Meant to edit.

Thanks but for no apparent reason battlelog decided to work today. I didn't change anything compared to last night. It's odd but hey it works...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Went from Rank 34 to 40 yesterday ... too much BF4.
Ive been trying to use the Support MP-APS but i dont get how and when it works =/

So playing lancang dam yesterday with Drprob. I had an lav near the a flag which I got stuck on some rocks. Still had a good firing position so I didn't want to abandon ship yet. Then my savior comes out of nowhere, Drprob with a jeep, rams me a few times and dislodged my lav from the rocks. Went on to get some more kills and a great win. Thanks for the bump prob!

So playing lancang dam yesterday with Drprob. I had an lav near the a flag which I got stuck on some rocks. Still had a good firing position so I didn't want to abandon ship yet. Then my savior comes out of nowhere, Drprob with a jeep, rams me a few times and dislodged my lav from the rocks. Went on to get some more kills and a great win. Thanks for the bump prob!

Tried to do the same but got killed on my way to base A. Tried to shoot you out of it with a rocket but that didn't work...

Was a fun round yesterday.

TheSeks

Hahaha, that reminds me yesterday where our tank was stuck on the cabana/pool bar in Haian Resort Sabotage's hotel. Put a SLAM down thinking the grenade would detonate it and probably bounce the tank. Nope. Grenade explodes, SLAM doesn't detonate but somehow my grenade moved the tank enough to reverse it out and get it to a bomb.

Acorn

Hahaha, that reminds me yesterday where our tank was stuck on the cabana/pool bar in Haian Resort Sabotage's hotel. Put a SLAM down thinking the grenade would detonate it and probably bounce the tank. Nope. Grenade explodes, SLAM doesn't detonate but somehow my grenade moved the tank enough to reverse it out and get it to a bomb.
It was a jedi grenade, imbued with the force.

Rad-

Bought this game for PS4 and it's totally unplayable for me so far. Tried 5 different servers and each had huge amounts of rubber banding. WTF please tell me I just had bad luck? Some gaffers told me they had fixed most of these issues.

I don't know if it's the case for you guys aswell , but randoms seem to lack even the most basic awareness.

I just went 64-20 running and gunning.

I lack awareness too because most of the time I can't see shit.
Time to finally get some glasses I guess. To have a K/D ratio above 1 while being blind as a bat fills me with pride though lol

Acorn

Bought this game for PS4 and it's totally unplayable for me so far. Tried 5 different servers and each had huge amounts of rubber banding. WTF please tell me I just had bad luck? Some gaffers told me they had fixed most of these issues.
Its been fine lag wise until these last two days. I was lucky though, some people have had issues for awhile.

UFRA

JDAM is underwhelming to say the least, Hydra Missiles are the best secondary weapons to equip on attack jets IMO.

How do you JDAM.

I actually do pretty well with JDAMs and I prefer them on Attack Jets.

I do think however, that they should be given a major boost in damage and/or explosion radius. A soldier on foot should not have to be "directly hit" by my JDAMs to die.

I have gotten pretty good at dropping them on unsuspecting soldiers though. Also, I usually will fly high over the map, locate tanks or other serious vehicles that are a threat to my team - and bombs away. After I get the hits and do significant damage to the vehicle, I circle around quickly, and finish it off with my cannon.

What I like is that they never know the JDAMs are coming. No lock on, no warning. :)

Boogdud

My personal tips.

This is also sound.

On what system are you getting the game on?

I feel like I wasted $60 buying this (pc). I am quite possibly the worst player ever. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong but every round I'll end up 4-6th place in points but I just get murdalized. Finishing usually in the 5-19 k/d. I feel like a creep feeding the enemy team. I haven't really played bf since bc2 which I just messed around in, but this is just brutal. I've never had a .55 k/d ratio ever. I guess this is what I get for waiting 3 months after the game comes out trying to jump in.

I've tried engineer for the most part but the rocket launcher feels like I'm throwing tennis balls at vehicles and it rarely kills anyone with proximity. I've gotten the AK carbine, but even if I get the jump on people (and pulsing fire) they still waste me.

I should have just saved the $ and shut my nuts in a drawer. When do I get any kind of weapon that will put me on even ground? I feel like a peewee hockey player trying to play in the nhl.

Didn't bc2 have restricted rank servers? It sure would be nice to play with some folks with like ranks so I'm not hamburger for at least a bit while learning the game. The freaking 'play now' thinger, threw me into a hardcore 64 player server for my like 5th game ever. I had no idea, I thought I just turned off the hud accidently.

Milennia

I feel like I wasted $60 buying this (pc). I am quite possibly the worst player ever. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong but every round I'll end up 4-6th place in points but I just get murdalized. Finishing usually in the 5-19 k/d. I feel like a creep feeding the enemy team. I haven't really played bf since bc2 which I just messed around in, but this is just brutal. I've never had a .55 k/d ratio ever. I guess this is what I get for waiting 3 months after the game comes out trying to jump in.

I've tried engineer for the most part but the rocket launcher feels like I'm throwing tennis balls at vehicles and it rarely kills anyone with proximity. I've gotten the AK carbine, but even if I get the jump on people (and pulsing fire) they still waste me.

I should have just saved the $ and shut my nuts in a drawer. When do I get any kind of weapon that will put me on even ground? I feel like a peewee hockey player trying to play in the nhl.
the 5c would normally be enough for even ground, especially since everyone uses it that is under level 15.

If you need raw damage, i think the 52 CQB should carry you a bit until you get more used to other weapons, its a carbine unlock, mid range carbine unlock actually.

TheSeks

Third Set Silk Road is pretty bad. Sco says there's no flank routes. I say there's not enough strength for the attackers to push up the hill on 32 players.

scogoth

Third Set Silk Road is pretty bad. Sco says there's no flank routes. I say there's not enough strength for the attackers to push up the hill on 32 players.

Yeah the fact that the plateau is out of bounds for the attackers is stupid. That means the defenders permanently have the high ground and there is no cover going up the hill that can't be camped from the plateau.

I can't even make it through the first level of the Campaign... It froze once when it was loading a new area right in the beginning after I died. Then it just froze after I was picking up a gun below. It SP this bad for others? I kind of like playing these more as a morbid curiosity (played through BF3 SP just to see how underwhelming it was). But this one, it seems to not want me to play though. On BF3, it would just delete my save or say it was corrupted a good number of times...

Really EA?

[EDIT] Did not and would not pay $60 for a BF game unless it was 1942 in 2002. Paid $25 for it. It seems like with all the games they have gotten much smaller in scope as well as less free-form. BF1942 was a mess, yes, but it was janky in the best way possible and everything felt crazy expansive that for the game and that time, you could look past it. 11 years later, eh, it is kind of getting old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom