• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timu

The last match I did had some of the worst rubber banding I've experienced, 5 minutes later it was non stop and nearly unplayable, hell it got me killed as well.

SeanR1221

Been playing all weekend with no issues. I love this damn game. Became a premium member for the double XP this weekend. It's amazing how much better this is compared to ghosts and Killzone.

Dr Prob

Banned

Combination of lag and the questionable collision detection had this playing in my head. HOLD ON GIMLET, I'M COMING AROUND AGAIN!

I was rubberbanding so hard on Hainan that it wouldn't let me switch weapons.

Joined Elzar on Paracel yesterday and couldn't ads, switch to pistol or use either gadget for a good five minutes. Rubberbanded back in time like twenty years. Good stuff.

Kak.efes

Couple of questions for those who might know. This is for the PS4. First, how do you look around in the cockpit? Secondly, what's the button to see the main map?

Nice playing with a bunch of you PS3 guys over this weekend. Reminded me of those good times soon after BF3 launched.

Oh I see, well, I still want the best Assault and Carbines before venturing into Sniper Rifles.

You should have already unlocked the best carbine....AK5C=ACE52 CQC and the MTAR21 for close range engagements. Best overall assault rifle is the ACE-23. I do like using the L85A2 however.

Couple of questions for those who might know. This is for the PS4. First, how do you look around in the cockpit? Secondly, what's the button to see the main map?

Dunno if you can look around.

Full map from holding Options and pressing R1. After that you can just hold Options to see the map (and L1 to switch back to scoreboard)

Kabuto

iSRhFt1bVmaOX.PNG
iCESv8gDtJVTc.PNG

best weekend ever. Those three Jet Fighter Ribbons took forever to get; I'm so happy I'm done with it :'] Thanks Uninspired for helping me get the last one!

Semper88

Fun and a very annoying weekend to play.

That rubberbanding.. god couldn't even switch weapons.

Anyone noticed that the L85a2 assault rifle has some form of a occasional jam after reloading? or is this another rubber banding effect XD

Rey

Thanks but for no apparent reason battlelog decided to work today. I didn't change anything compared to last night. It's odd but hey it works...

Hey CheDominik. I had the exact same problem logging in the Battlelog app. It didn't work for some time even after resetting my password I was getting the wrong password message. Now its fine.

Do you guys search for European servers? I noticed I had 4 bars when I joined you on Conquest and it was lagging like crazy.

When nobody is online from my friends list I just do a quick match but since I live in Germany it would make sense to be automatically connected to an european server.
edit:
I normally look for european servers but when other gaffers are online I usually just join. Sorry Rey, got confused and thought you were Prob as I just played with him thus the edit lol.

mitchman

Gold Member
I have to admit I've never even _seen_ any other GAF'ers playing on the PS4. If you do play, feel free to add me (PSN: Mitchman1411), but I guess most are in a US timezone?

Rey

When nobody is online from my friends list I just do a quick match but since I live in Germany it would make sense to be automatically connected to an european server.
edit:
I normally look for european servers but when other gaffers are online I usually just join. Sorry Rey, got confused and thought you were Prob as I just played with him thus the edit lol.

Well some things don't make much sense in Battlefield ;-) so I always go trough the server list and I only have europe servers in my list. A lot of times I have lag when I join u or Prob so I thought that maybe u guys are on US servers.

Bombless

iSRhFt1bVmaOX.PNG
iCESv8gDtJVTc.PNG

best weekend ever. Those three Jet Fighter Ribbons took forever to get; I'm so happy I'm done with it :'] Thanks Uninspired for helping me get the last one!

I got those jetfighter ribbons on Paracel Storm, playing the Attack Jet. Those attack boats are juicy, juicy morsels :D

Kabuto

UPDATED JAN 27:
Upcoming Game Update
We are aiming to get a new update live for all platforms at the end of January/beginning of February (timing might change.) This update will include a number of stability improvements, tweaks, and fixes. We will get back to you with the change notes as the update goes live.

Upcoming Gameplay Balancing
We are actively looking for your feedback on a couple of core gameplay balancing items. Head to this Battlefield Blog post [blogs.battlefield.com] to make your voice heard. In the upcoming weeks, we will also share a large number of balancing tweaks that we are making to Battlefield 4 in future updates, including changes to DMR performance, anti-air, and more.

BF4 Multiplayer Experience
We are looking to improve a number of items to further enhance the overall multiplayer experience. We will share more details on this in February. In the meantime, thanks for your feedback on items that you have helped us identify.

Finallllly

Jelly, I am never going to unlock the UCAV..I suck too much with jets :'(

I got those jetfighter ribbons on Paracel Storm, playing the Attack Jet. Those attack boats are juicy, juicy morsels :D

iRawr I'm horrible in jets too haha. My tips are to target the AC-130 gunship and do what Bombless said and aim for the boats with laser guided missiles.

Bombless

iRawr I'm horrible in jets too haha. My tips are to target the AC-130 gunship and do what Bombless said and aim for the boats with laser guided missiles.

Forget that, strafe them with the nose gun. The laser guided missiles will hit the active protection. Nose gun has no warning, by time they trigger the active prot you've already passed and are turning around for a second run. Also, the ribbon is for kills, not necessarily vehicle kills. So shoot towards the back of the boat, where the gunners are. You might not blow the boat up, but you will kill the infantry (and hopefully more will spawn in their place by the time you're strafing them again).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
SAFE RAIDING!
I finally did it... finally. >__<

The AA is overpowered, but they sould also fix that you can't repair helicopters while in the air.

Considering this is practically one of the requirements for a Second Assault assignment (it just says 10 squad repairs but it's called "Co-Pilot" and the other requirement is to be in a helicopter for ten minutes), you can be sure that DICE isn't going to remove the ability to repair inside a helicopter anytime soon.

Also, ha, totally forgot double XP was this past weekend. Guess I'm out until Second Assault. (Buying Premium might have been a bad idea on my part.)

I'd be more excited for a working server browser and a fix for the rubberbanding than weapon balancing.

---

Great weekend. Double XP brought back the skilled folks, so there were a good amount of competitive games to be had.

Decided to take advantage of 2XP to finish getting the unlocks on the jets, and unlock the final DMRs.

The SKS is pretty usable once you get use to it – though it's Stockholm Syndrome, really. I equipped the ACR one game after using the SKS for a while and it felt like god mode.

---

So, gameplay inconsistency I noticed: You can spawn on any aquatic vehicle regardless if the person is in your squad, yet they don't do that for bikes, quads, jeeps, and scout helis.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Considering this is practically one of the requirements for a Second Assault assignment (it just says 10 squad repairs but it's called "Co-Pilot" and the other requirement is to be in a helicopter for ten minutes), you can be sure that DICE isn't going to remove the ability to repair inside a helicopter anytime soon.

Also, ha, totally forgot double XP was this past weekend. Guess I'm out until Second Assault. (Buying Premium might have been a bad idea on my part.)

Why should they? Helicopters can go down now if people aren't staggering their timings. The repair nerf helped. I think I've only seen 2-3 majorly annoying helicopters now and that's mostly because they avoid counter-measures by going behind the map and stuff more than repairing the damage of getting hit/shrugging it off.

Just seen this on BF Blog.

UPCOMING VEHICLE TWEAKS
Aircraft and Anti-Aircraft
1) Reduced the total amount of missiles carried by the Mobile Anti-Aircraft vehicles from 6 to 4. The total carried missiles were making it impossible for helicopters to use counter measures to avoid the MAA’s attacks.

2) Reduced the velocity of the MAA’s default 20MM CANNON from 1200m/s to 800m/s to match the 30MM CANNON. This reduction reduces the distance projectiles will travel and should prevent situations where the MAA could engage enemy vehicles without leaving its protected home base. The damage of the cannons remains unchanged, and aircraft, especially helicopters, should remain wary of getting too close to a MAA.

3) Reduced the physical impact of all Anti-Aircraft missiles to prevent helicopters from flipping uncontrollably when hit. The damage values have not been changed.

4) Reduced the cone in which ACTIVE RADAR missiles search for targets, making them require a higher level of skill in predicting where a target will be when the missile is fired. The missiles were previously too easy to aim at long range, making them a guaranteed hit and a clear advantage over the other missile types.

5) Increased the direct damage done by the Attack Helicopter’s gunner cannon. The gunner will be better able to assist the pilot in taking down vehicle targets with this change.

6) Increased the direct hit damage of the Zuni Rockets for Attack Helicopters. The rate of fire of these rockets combined with their smaller magazine pool made them a poor choice over the other two rocket types.

7) Reduced the splash damage and maximum splash damage range of the Scout Helicopter 25MM CANNONS. These weapons were too effective against infantry with a higher splash, making them a clear choice over the 7.62 MINIGUNS in all combat situations. The 25MM CANNONS are intended to give the Scout Helicopter some measure of effectiveness against vehicles, at a clear trade off in effectiveness vs. infantry.

Tanks and Anti-Tank
1) Reduced the “intelligence” of the MBT LAW missiles, requiring the player to aim the missile closer to their target before the smart projectile will activate. Additionally, the MBT LAW now reloads slightly slower. This keeps the MBT LAW in its role of an easy to use, fire and forget weapon available to all Engineers, while also balancing it with the other rocket launchers in favor of skilled AT shots. Finally, a bug where the MBT LAW would pass through an ACTIVE PROTECTION shield has been fixed.

2) Fixed an issue where ACTIVE PROTECTION and the MP-APS did not properly stop 12G FRAG rounds.

3) Reduced the range where the M2 SLAM will do maximum damage to vehicles from 6M to 3M. Players will now need to be craftier when placing the M2 SLAM in order to get the full damage potential of this ambush anti vehicle weapon. This change is to primarily counter a tactic of placing 3 mines in the same spot to guarantee a kill on any vehicle passing within 6m. The range was deemed to be too large, making the M2 SLAM far superior to the M15 AT MINE.

4) Reduced the damage the STAFF shell does to all targets by 25%. This should balance the ease of use of the STAFF shell with its damage potential.

My Slams, noooooooooooo.

I always scoffed at people who claimed "slideshow" ....

My god did I have some slideshow moments this weekend. Seriously, 8 FPS at times if I had to guess. Hope it was just that stress test, because, my fuck ...

Beyond performance issues, I've been having a great time lately. I have maybe 3-5 balancing issues I'd suggest, but beyond that, performance is my only complaint, and I have kinda-shitty internet, so 50% of that complaint is just as easily on my end.

Fucking great game. Lighten up dudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom