• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taurus

Seriously, this game is still broken as fuck. I can't believe that EA and DICE got away with this.

It's broken and they still have the fucking nerve to release DLC and to organize "Premium Double XP weekends! YEahh11!&é!é! And plz buy premium it's so nice guys!1!!"

Bunch of fucking incompetent morons. I feel so fucking frustrated by the fact that I really want to like this game and I fire it up daily. Yet I get bitched slapped in the face as soon as I want to. It's as if I try to follow through with an already broken relationship.

Seriously, EA and DICE should be ashamed of themselves (don't give me that "bu- but it's EA's fault, they wanted to bring out the game. They're equally responsible). Every last one of the people responsible for this horrible mess they've created should be ashamed.

Every FUCKING time I want to play with my friend, he crashes or I crash (although the crashes have decreased since launch - but believe me, that's nothing to be proud of). Or if it's not the crashes, it's the random disconnects from server. This evening alone I got disconnected about five times and the ONLY error I get is: "Could not join server, reconnect".

Yes, that's right. I couldn't join the server. Except I already joined the server and I was playing for five minutes. An impeccable description of the problem, people.

I could go on and on. I just need to vent and I hope that one of you insects that is responsible reads this.

Shame on you. You ripped people off. I feel especially bad for the people that bought premium and still have a broken ass piece of shit game. Three months after launch. THREE MONTHS. For a "finished" product. Yes, that's right. This is supposed to be a FINISHED product. Not an early access game.
Exactly my thoughts. When the game works it's so much fun but 98% of the time it's a buggy, laggy, unplayable piece of shit. Don't get me wrong, it actually has gotten somewhat better since launch, but this game is still broken as fuck and far away from a product that should have been released. 0 health kills, dying behind covers because of bad netcode, old and new glitches, rubberbanding, lagging, crashing, not able to join servers, getting kicked out from servers for no reason etc. etc.

And still, I'm the 1943/BC2/BF3 sucker that paid full price + premium for this. I'm learning my lesson and will vote with my wallet later on.

I don't understand why you incessantly bitch about other players' behavior, and then you end up doing the same thing. "Nobody ever throws ammo! How am I supposed to play Engineer all the time if nobody throws me ammo?" "I can't stand people who don't play objectives. Don't count on me in this round, I'm chasing assignments!" "This glitch is overpowered and stupid. I can't wait to abuse it!"
Seks is the double standard master. Queue 3 paragraph Seks rant....

^ Yeah but I bet you didn't buy BF3 Premium Edition
straight from Origin like I did.

Honestly speaking though, my biggest frustration aside from the balance in the game is the constant 1 hit kills that keep happening, it's so annoying and frequent. I don't even have much of a problem with the 0 HP enemy bug. :\

Edit: was aimed at Taurus, not Old Gimlet Eyes.

Exactly my thoughts. When the game works it's so much fun but 98% of the time it's a buggy, laggy, unplayable piece of shit. Don't get me wrong, it actually has gotten somewhat better since launch, but this game is still broken as fuck and far away from a product that should have been released. 0 health kills, dying behind covers because of bad netcode, old and new glitches, rubberbanding, lagging, crashing, not able to join servers, getting kicked out from servers for no reason etc. etc.

It's been pretty good for me since the patch, apart from the rubberbanding. Wonder if it's an Xbone thing (Shouldn't be the case because EA still use their own servers, not the MS ones right?), European server thing or just pure chance. FIFA was also a shower of shit for the first few weeks, even worse than Battlefield when it came to finding a game but that's been fine for a while too.

And still, I'm the 1943/BC2/BF3 sucker that paid full price + premium for this. I'm learning my lesson and will vote with my wallet later on.

I hear you, after the BF4 and FIFA launch debacle combined with the fact that I have been unable to play Madden for more than 5 minutes without quitting the game in disgust I'm not sure I will pay full price for an EA game for a while.

VariantX

The hell just happened over the weekend? I didn't touch the game for about 3 days because I was grinding out Warframe, and now every time Paracel Storm comes up in the rotation, its laggy as hell now no matter what server I pick in the browser.

Kak.efes

i wish Seks played on PS4 so you guys could get the full experience and not just forum comments.

ScreenShot2013-04-09at93515PM.png

Just a taste.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So my MP progression seems to be gone. Had everything for Assault and Engie unlocked but now I'm back to default :(

EDIT: Huh, only in some modes. Gone in CQ and Rush but Domination seems fine. The fuck?

Milennia

So my MP progression seems to be gone. Had everything for Assault and Engie unlocked but now I'm back to default :(

EDIT: Huh, only in some modes. Gone in CQ and Rush but Domination seems fine. The fuck?

Its the stat servers taking a shit, happens sometimes, its temporary.
Seems to happen nearly 80% of the time prior to patches, and we are getting a major one tommorow.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Game started going downhill when they fixed foxhole digging
aka ground glitching

That was actually an interesting and annoying as hell tactic in Sabo.

Weirdly, ground deformation is still insane in the testing range. Though weirdly if you deform the ground near another "hole" it won't deform. Like if you deform the ground under the ATV in the testing range and then go to the right after like 5-10 C4's the ground won't deform. I dunno if that's a bug or if it's intended as a non-ground-deform space but if the later, surely they could've put that in the maps near the objectives by like... 20 meters?

Idk, we may have rubberbanded back in time.

To BF1942? I dunno if I'm okay with this.
i wish Seks played on PS4 so you guys could get the full experience and not just forum comments.

Hey now, there were times ya'lls asses would let people walk into Mordor the base, don't hate me for being observant and yelling at you through slow clunky PSN messages to get back to base.

@B: I see someone doesn't delete messages. :)

Dries

Are the maps better than BF3? I found the BF3 maps to be somewhat.... A step back compared to BF2 and BC2. So are the BF4 maps back to that standard? Also, is there some variation? With BF3, it seemed like every map was a middle eastern dessert/town.

Omni

Accumulated over 21 hours of multipliers this weekend plus ranked up 10 times. I think I'll hit the cap next double xp event.

Was getting over 90k exp per 25 minutes with the 200%. Crazy how quick it takes

Rainy Dog

Are the maps better than BF3? I found the BF3 maps to be somewhat.... A step back compared to BF2 and BC2. So are the BF4 maps back to that standard? Also, is there some variation? With BF3, it seemed like every map was a middle eastern dessert/town.

I personally think so. At least in conquest on PC/PS4/XB1, I barely play the other modes.

The maps in BF3 were one of my biggest disappoinments with that after BC1/2. There were a couple I liked but most were either just bland or outright crap I felt. The vanilla ones anyway, I loved Back to Karkand but didn't go premium for 3 so can't speak for the rest of the DLC maps.

Locations are much more varied again in BF4 compared to 3. Some nice green rural and jungle environments again, and less brown and grey urban. The four China Rising maps have ended up as my favourites overall I think.

I like all the maps in BF4, some great variety in both playstyles and setting.

Although saying that, Floodzone post flooding is the worst.

China Rising actually excels at map variety. A great piece of DLC ruined by DICE's assignment nonsense. No levolution too.

How many people can spawn on a single spawn beacon?
Is there a limit or as long as it doesn't get destroyed?

5 max (including you) or however many is in your squad.

There are only two ways it can be destroyed either the enemy team destroys it, or YOU spawn on it, in which case you'll have to put another down.

Overdoziz

Banned
A great piece of DLC ruined by DICE's assignment nonsense.
Every piece of DLC in Battlefield is ruined because of the terrible implementation into multiplayer. Pretty much all map packs are forgotten after a couple of months and you end up with only a couple of servers left playing exclusively the four maps of the DLC. The only notable exception is the Back to Karkand DLC because a ton of people got it when they bought the game at launch. This meant that there were a fair amount of servers that ran a mix of B2K and launch maps even toward the end of BF3s lifecycle.

If only DICE would just make the DLC free and mandatory after several months (or just when the next map pack comes out), but nope, gotta get those dollars.

Taurus

lol I got called a noob because I was sniping in a conquest map.
Well 99% of conquest snipers are useless campers far away from flags. There are certain spots in every map that you can get melee kills or humiliate snipers.

Most of the time these wa*kers are harmless but still annoying, and when they are on your team you are certain to lose.

Kak.efes

Every piece of DLC in Battlefield is ruined because of the terrible implementation into multiplayer. Pretty much all map packs are forgotten after a couple of months and you end up with only a couple of servers left playing exclusively the four maps of the DLC. The only notable exception is the Back to Karkand DLC because a ton of people got it when they bought the game at launch. This meant that there were a fair amount of servers that ran a mix of B2K and launch maps even toward the end of BF3s lifecycle.

If only DICE would just make the DLC free and mandatory after several months (or just when the next map pack comes out), but nope, gotta get those dollars.

This is why I'm not getting premium this time around. New maps are ghost towns soon after everyone finishes the mindlessly implemented grinds DICE calls assignments. New weapons, vehicles, and modes are nice, but the base game isn't lacking for variety there. That being said, I probably will grab second assault. I anticipate people really clamouring for more Caspian, Metro, and Oman. I totally see it being a B2K type of expansion.

This is why I'm not getting premium this time around. New maps are ghost towns soon after everyone finishes the mindlessly implemented grinds DICE calls assignments. New weapons, vehicles, and modes are nice, but the base game isn't lacking for variety there. That being said, I probably will grab second assault. I anticipate people really clamouring for more Caspian, Metro, and Oman. I totally see it being a B2K type of expansion.

are there any servers that rotate ALL maps including DLC ones?

Milennia

Ok, patch day.

The day DICE will reign its judgment on the bugs that have ridden us since launch and last patch.

or break more shit and enhance the bugs in their patch notes to the point where it happens every game, PERSONALLY im expecting this one... But hey... DMR buffs guys, yolo.

TheSeks

If only DICE would just make the DLC free and mandatory after several months (or just when the next map pack comes out)

No one would buy the maps, then. Why do you think after Halo 2 Microsoft stopped Bungie from doing the same thing with Halo 3?

Really the biggest issue is they continue to push terrible assignments down peoples throats for weapons AND only include "NEW GAME MODE!" on 4 maps MAX instead of implementing the new modes on ALL the fucking maps they plan to release. Air Superiority in Siege of Shanghai? Yes. Capture the Flag on Flood Zone? Yes.

But right now? NOT POSSIBLE! PLAY ON SECOND ASSAULT ONLY! LOLOLOLOLOL.

Overdoziz

Banned
No one would buy the maps, then.

Really the biggest issue is they continue to push terrible assignments down peoples throats for weapons AND only include "NEW GAME MODE!" on 4 maps MAX instead of implemented the new modes on ALL the fucking maps they plan to release. Air Superiority in China Rising? Yes. Capture the Flag on Flood Zone? Yes.

Well yeah, that's the problem. Less people will buy the DLC (although I think many people will still pay to get it months earlier) and publishers don't want to miss out on a few quick bucks, even if it means having a better experience for the players in the long run.

vixlar

No one would buy the maps, then. Why do you think after Halo 2 Microsoft stopped Bungie from doing the same thing with Halo 3?

Really the biggest issue is they continue to push terrible assignments down peoples throats for weapons AND only include "NEW GAME MODE!" on 4 maps MAX instead of implementing the new modes on ALL the fucking maps they plan to release. Air Superiority in Siege of Shanghai? Yes. Capture the Flag on Flood Zone? Yes.

But right now? NOT POSSIBLE! PLAY ON SECOND ASSAULT ONLY! LOLOLOLOLOL

I hate this. Really. I want to play CTF on Paracel or Hainan. I think it could be cool that with each new patch they would bring us the new game modes on old maps. Maybe one or two maps per patch,

I wanted to play CTF on the aftermath maps...infantry only.

God dammit DICE!

TheSeks

I hate this. Really. I want to play CTF on Paracel or Hainan. I think it could be cool that with each new patch they would bring us the new game modes on old maps. Maybe one or two maps per patch,

I wanted to play CTF on the aftermath maps...infantry only.

God dammit DICE!

"Too much work. But hey, enjoy Mantle
that we aren't porting to Linux to get in on the possible beachfront of Lin--er--"Steam" OS
and Battlefront
that'll be buggy because we're working on Frostbite 4.0, while helping internal EA devs with Frostbite 3.0 and working on Mantle (that we still won't port to Linux!)
"

TheSeks

That actually wouldn't be a bad compromise. But really they should just charge for the maps and give the weapons out in the pack instantly. No assignment bullshit. It's obvious DICE doesn't "get" it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Battlelog update

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- We are still aware that custom emblems are not always showing for console players. We have likely identified the issue and are working on a fix we hope to enable within a few weeks.

FEATURES & IMPROVEMENTS:
- You can now see the amount of unopened Battlepacks you have on the Home page
- Improved flow for installing and enabling the Battlelog plugin for Firefox 26 users
- Various minor tweaks and improvements

FIXES:
- Fixed an issue that could cause the in-game Battlelog on PlayStation 4 to not always load (may still occur; further investigations on-going)
- Fixed an issue with Chats, where messages would sometimes disappear until the page had been refreshed
- Fixed an issue where the local setting for video background and auto-showing BattleScreen was reset to off
- Fixed an issue where the progression calculation for upcoming Battlepacks on the Battlepacks page was incorrect
- Fixed an issue where incorrect Ribbon images were sometimes showed on the Awards page
- Fixed an issue where blocked users could continue to send friend requests
- BF3 Premium content that was date-based, e.g. strategy guides and videos, are now showing again
- Various minor fixes

MOBILE APP UPDATE:
- Fixed an issue with the list of all your soldiers, so it now shows the correct rank and soldier portrait
- Emblem on the soldier page is now no longer shown behind the player portrait
- Various minor tweaks and fixes

Ok, patch day.

The day DICE will reign its judgment on the bugs that have ridden us since launch and last patch.
or break more shit and enhance the bugs in their patch notes to the point where it happens every game, PERSONALLY im expecting this one... But hey... DMR buffs guys, yolo.
Patch today?

TheSeks

In a perfect world you wouldn't have to unlock anything.

You already don't
if you have the dosh to pay for it. </EA>

Okay, that's a semi-lie since they haven't gone that route in BF4... yet.

I'm waiting for that air vehicle unlock to pay for and never use. :(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Should be yeah, some vehicle/dmr buffs and stability, hopefully dealing with the damn rubberbands that plague our games.

Upcoming Game Update
We are aiming to get a new update live for all platforms at the end of January/beginning of February (timing might change.) This update will include a number of stability improvements, tweaks, and fixes. We will get back to you with the change notes as the update goes live.

Upcoming Gameplay Balancing
We are actively looking for your feedback on a couple of core gameplay balancing items. Head to this Battlefield Blog post [blogs.battlefield.com] to make your voice heard. In the upcoming weeks, we will also share a large number of balancing tweaks that we are making to Battlefield 4 in future updates, including changes to DMR performance, anti-air, and more.

BF4 Multiplayer Experience
We are looking to improve a number of items to further enhance the overall multiplayer experience. We will share more details on this in February. In the meantime, thanks for your feedback on items that you have helped us identify.
No date, also i think theyre gonna update the blog with more changes .

But yeah crossing fingers!

Shadybiz

^^^ I hope so..had a pretty wacky rubberband last night on Hainan. I ran from the pool in front of the hotel to a ledge type thing on the side of the building, and was then snapped back to the pool. It was probably a good 15-20 yards or so in game distance. That's the worst I've seen yet with this game (PS4 version). Unfortunately, it didn't occur to me to share and save that moment.

Also I'm embarrassed to admit that it was just last night that I discovered just how useful it is to actually switch to single shot when engaging at a medium-long distance with an assault rifle/carbine, instead of just doing short bursts. I should play better now.

Ocho

What can I do to stop PC crashes? Outside of a format. I've tried reinstalling BF4 and/or repairing, multiple times. I guess maybe reinstall drivers? Fucking DICE.

Fersis

What can I do to stop PC crashes? Outside of a format. I've tried reinstalling BF4 and/or repairing, multiple times. I guess maybe reinstall drivers? Fucking DICE.
GFX Drivers are the first thing you need to update.

China Rising actually excels at map variety. A great piece of DLC ruined by DICE's assignment nonsense.

I don't even look at assignments so you can imagine I did a double-take reading this. It's not ruined lol.

No levolution too.

This bothers me, however. Any chance they add it in later? Really sucks.

Otherwise, so I'm reading patch today or patch in a month or more lol. Thanks for the reliable info, GAF. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom