• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

It's not that bad. Do Sabotage, hunt a sniper. Get the defib kill while they're oblivious. Then do the other kills.
-----

Really though, my sticking/stick in my craw point with that whole shortcut business is it isn't a complete choice for people that may have unlocked one form of the kits. Not too much "appreciation" for those that have put up with the bullshit and continued to play.

Im completely level capped, what do i get?
Just battlepacks.

At least you get more than just that.

DarkFlow

Banned
It's not that bad. Do Sabotage, hunt a sniper. Get the defib kill while they're oblivious. Then do the other kills.
-----

Really though, my sticking/stick in my craw point with that whole shortcut business is it isn't a complete choice for people that may have unlocked one form of the kits. Not too much "appreciation" for those that have put up with the bullshit and continued to play.

Yeah what Sek said. I hunted down dumb snipers for that kill. The grenade and pistol were pretty easy.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Im completely level capped, what do i get?
Just battlepacks.

At least you get more than just that.

Levels this outing are kinda pointless tho. *shrug* I mean with the 200% boosts and 2XP and a little luck you could get like 5-10 of those and probably level cap in a 2XP event. The whole experince system is pointless.

But look on the bright side: Those battlepacks may help you with unlocking shit. Apparently someone did the math and if you unlocked ALL the battlepacks available to you normally (not premium, not fan appreciation, not slim-jim.../promos) AKA: Weapon battlepacks, rank up battlepacks: you would not get all the gun unlocks for all the guns you'd still be missing some of the battlepacks. EA apparently is going to sell those eventually.

xclaw

Oh, this was kind of a bitch to do because not only did you have to do it, but you had to do it all in single round. Good luck.

Super easy, at least for mine I just flanked around on Locker and defibbed a few support guys outside laying down in the snow with their LMGS. If you're having trouble with the requirement try that approach.

Milennia

Levels this outing are kinda pointless tho. *shrug* I mean with the 200% boosts and 2XP and a little luck you could get like 5-10 of those and probably level cap in a 2XP event. The whole experince system is pointless.

But look on the bright side: Those battlepacks may help you with unlocking shit. Apparently someone did the math and if you unlocked ALL the battlepacks available to you normally (not premium, not fan appreciation, not slim-jim.../promos) AKA: Weapon battlepacks, rank up battlepacks: you would not get all the gun unlocks for all the guns you'd still be missing some of the battlepacks. EA apparently is going to sell those eventually.

Because I'm capped, i have every weapon via natural progression.
Luck not involved? I capped during the double xp event RIGHT after the week long event, from level 1.

Since then i harp on battlepacks and since i have no way of getting any, this is nice.
Also it helps i started playing the PS4 version as well, however I'm capped on there now too lol.

Im fine with the packs but that is all i get at this point.. And half the content in them (xp boosts) are also useless to me.
Im hoping for a level increase so i can have access to more packs. Why the fuck is there a cap anyway in a game like this that has a system like battlepacks? Im guessing its so you buy them.

TheSeks

It is completely to make you buy them. Mass Effect 3 had the same idea and EA went "KAH-CHING, put that in DICE" and DICE complied.

THANKS OBAMA BIOWARE.

terrible

Banned
It's almost as if people were playing the game for the experience and not to fill bars.... Almost...

That's crazy talk.

I hate XP systems and unlocks so damn much. With that said nobody played unranked full unlock servers on BF3 PC so I guess everyone else loves that garbage.

Yeah what Sek said. I hunted down dumb snipers for that kill. The grenade and pistol were pretty easy.

The easiest way to get it is to play a round of Domination on Shanghai imo. Go on the roof and tube/pistol people from it and defib anyone who tries to climb the ladder. Basically zero risk lol.

Timu

Just got the L85A2 out of pure luck, lol.
idkYqhiJnFEox.png

Some of you PS4 peeps please add me, I'm getting sick of playing with useless randoms who do shit all for the team while I'm trying my hardest. I'm on the PS3/PS4 list but haven't really received any requests so I'll post my PSN name here.

PSN: Chevy-Fanatic

I'm a try hard, so I'll do my best every match, no trolling or dicking around from me. I commonly get called a vehicle whore in hate mail for doing well in tanks/IFV's, so that's what I'm best at.

Had a good run today in CQ.

I'm just glad I wasn't on the other side, containing...I kid you not, 20 or more snipers perched up on high places. They were the most useless bunch of enemies I've ever seen.

TheSeks

for the people with this competed, does the keep showing up at the end of the round even though have unlocked the gun already?

If you got it before the China Rising release, yes. You need to do the assignment "again" to have Battlelog perma assign it as complete or something.

terrible

Banned
Yeah I did it after China Rising came out and have completed it twice and it still shows up for me. It's not a big deal to me really.

Just played the first campaign mission after holding off on this at launch because I didn't like BF3.

I'm really impressed. Aiming and shooting feel fantastic. Visuals are insane. Can't wait to hop into multiplayer.

Milennia

So do premium players have 3 xp weekend in Feb? Or just the normal one and an extra one that is for everyone?

Ll scheduled premium events should still be taking place, if they coincide with a global event, they will reschedule the premium event, thats what they did last time.

Timu

This game's hit detection is beyond broken.

I shoot a guy 1st with the CBJ-MS at point blank range with over 30 bullets in him and somehow he is able to turn around and shoot me despite the fact I had the advantage. It's like the X hit marks don't even appear within the 20-30 bullet range like my gun isn't doing any damage to him despite me shooting and damaging him 1st.

And to make matters worse, he ends up with 0% health after surviving 30+ bullets. That is some of the stupidest shit I've seen in this game. At least I got assist counts as kill thing because that was my kill anyways.

I've also seen times where my bullets don't do a thing like in that gif I posted earlier.

Also the hit marker is glitched as sometimes I kill an enemy even when the hit marker doesn't show up at all.

Overall I'm liking the game, but dat hit detection.

Rizific

And to make matters worse, he ends up with 0% health after surviving 30+ bullets. That is some of the stupidest shit I've seen in this game. At least I got assist counts as kill thing because that was my kill anyways.

my favorite is when i get the assist for 100 points...meaning i did 100 damage to him. thanks.

TheSeks

I love how I get no ping bar in Battlelog at times. Seems to indicate massive lag. :/

Dr Prob

Banned
How many people can spawn on a single spawn beacon?
Is there a limit or as long as it doesn't get destroyed?

5 max (including you) or however many is in your squad.

There are only two ways it can be destroyed either the enemy team destroys it, or YOU spawn on it, in which case you'll have to put another down.

Just a note: The beacon doesn't actually get destroyed when you spawn on it, or even if you choose to spawn somewhere else so long as you stay recon. It will get destroyed if you spawn on it as a different class, except on the rare occasion when it doesn't, allowing you to become a recongineer(!), getting points for spawns and spots despite forgetting about those gadgets 500 tickets ago. DICE has thoughtfully included many layers in this masterpiece.

I just don't get conquest mode. It's so disorganized. What I always liked about Rush was that everyone was mobilizing towards two objectives. But it seems like Rush is really on the back burner now.

This game's hit detection is beyond broken.

I shoot a guy 1st with the CBJ-MS at point blank range with over 30 bullets in him and somehow he is able to turn around and shoot me despite the fact I had the advantage. It's like the X hit marks don't even appear within the 20-30 bullet range like my gun isn't doing any damage to him despite me shooting and damaging him 1st.

I've also seen times where my bullets don't do a thing like in that gif I posted earlier.

Also the hit marker is glitched as sometimes I kill an enemy even when the hit marker doesn't show up at all.

Overall I'm liking the game, but dat hit detection.

While all this is true, you also benefit from this with kills that you didn't deserve. The 0% health is a glitch, he did take damage, but DICE screwed up the health display when they "fixed" the trading-kills glitch.

Although, as Rizific noted, sometimes you get 100% kill assists, as I just did in a match.

Although, as Rizific noted, sometimes you get 100% kill assists, as I just did in a match.
100+ kill assists are possible if the enemy is healing while you're shooting at them (e.g. someone throws them a medpack or they're standing within range of a medbox). That's been the case in previous BF games as well.

Dries

So I want to get this straight. If I buy the vanilla version I won't have the China Rising DLC straight away, right? But say I like the game and in two weeks I'll buy Premium... then China Rising will be included in that package right?

Omni

So I want to get this straight. If I buy the vanilla version I won't have the China Rising DLC straight away, right? But say I like the game and in two weeks I'll buy Premium... then China Rising will be included in that package right?

You can get versions of the game with the China Rising DLC included (it will say on the box), but otherwise the expansion is included under "Premium" (along with a whole load of other goodies that you'll have access to the moment you buy it)

I will say its awesome and nice of DICE to be attempting to fix the mistake they did. Hopefully the new patches will solve the majority of the issues.

p.s where is Second Assault!?!?! :p

JJD

Some of you PS4 peeps please add me, I'm getting sick of playing with useless randoms who do shit all for the team while I'm trying my hardest. I'm on the PS3/PS4 list but haven't really received any requests so I'll post my PSN name here.

PSN: Chevy-Fanatic

I'm a try hard, so I'll do my best every match, no trolling or dicking around from me. I commonly get called a vehicle whore in hate mail for doing well in tanks/IFV's, so that's what I'm best at.

I'll add you later when I'm online. We played together today, I can see why people send you hate mail. You stayed in the AA that whole Lancang game! Haha!

Just joking, you're a good player!

Maddocks

I just don't get conquest mode. It's so disorganized. What I always liked about Rush was that everyone was mobilizing towards two objectives. But it seems like Rush is really on the back burner now.

dice is the blame for that. they made it so bad that its unplayable on some maps(parcel storm I'm looking at you) conquest is really the only mode that doesnt really suffer from the other modes problems.

Rush was my main game mode from bc1 to bf3. But since they stopped caring about rush for bf4 I moved on to conquest and never looked back.

Rey

im having more and more trouble connecting to servers in battlelog. anyone else?

I had this problem last night. When I finally could log in I had massive lag. I had my hopes up after the PSN maintenance and now its EA sever screwing things up... Sigh.

scogoth

Conquest is the most organized mode. Get a headset and play with friends, teamwork is what this game is all about. No real team work in rush other than running into endless machine gun and sniper bullets.

TheSeks

Or better yet: Play Sabotage. Best mode they included that mixes Rush AND Conquest together.

Just a note: The beacon doesn't actually get destroyed when you spawn on it, or even if you choose to spawn somewhere else so long as you stay recon. It will get destroyed if you spawn on it as a different class, except on the rare occasion when it doesn't, allowing you to become a recongineer(!), getting points for spawns and spots despite forgetting about those gadgets 500 tickets ago. DICE has thoughtfully included many layers in this masterpiece.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

It's a respawn meta game now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom