• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lotta good stuff in the weapon balancing, though it sounds like DMRs will be able to be spammed more. Which I'm not philosophically opposed to, but everyone hates the sound.

Interestingly, nothing about grenades.

zma1013

I just don't get conquest mode. It's so disorganized. What I always liked about Rush was that everyone was mobilizing towards two objectives. But it seems like Rush is really on the back burner now.

Probably because Rush in this game is terrible. In Battlefield 3, Rush worked the best on smaller maps with smaller amounts of people but BF4 is pretty much nothing but larger maps and many of the servers I see are 64 player shit fests. It doesn't help that on certain maps the defenders spawn point is like 50 feet away from the first set of MCOMs and the attackers are put far away. Hanan Resort is the best example, oh and it also has that gigantic patch of open water attackers have to cross. I played Rush in BF3 all the time but I've completely stopped in BF4 due to these reasons.

Milennia

Carbines
1) Reduced the long range damage of the MTAR to bring it in line with the rest of the Carbines.

General
1) Adjusted the way inaccuracy is handled when transitioning from Hip fire to Aimed fire. Previously, if a player began firing before aiming, he would keep his hip inaccuracy while aimed, until he stopped firing. This was especially obvious with LMGs on the move. Players will now only be subject to the maximum aimed inaccuracy after the transition. While still terribly inaccurate, this allows for substantially more accurate fire than the old method and should allow players with LMGs to panic fire in close quarters, provided they are aiming.

They finally fixed these two.
(Kinda brushed off the accuracy deal)

Weapon tweaks look good. DMRs should be viable options now instead of just ways to challenge yourself.

Not sure shotties needed the buff--they're already pretty beastly. Accuracy while aiming and moving has been doubled? I guess we'll see, although I don't use slugs, so maybe it was needed.

Interesting change to the heavy barrel. I only use it on weapons that I don't have issues with controlling vertical recoil.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Golmund Highway was pretty bad last night, in fact. I'm wondering if some of it is their servers more than the maps since people had issues during the weekend.

Anton Sugar said:
Interesting change to the heavy barrel. I only use it on weapons that I don't have issues with controlling vertical recoil.

I haven't used it this outing because it apparently increased recoil.

I should look into the angled foregrip since I heard talk about those increasing your ADS movement speed and I was a fiend for the "Stalker" perk in CoD8 since the ADS speed was basically the same as moving in hip-fire.

Pistol tweaks.

UPCOMING BF4 PISTOL TWEAKS
1) Increased the aimed accuracy of the M1911 to make it a viable choice once the COMPACT 45 has been unlocked. This gives the M1911 a clear accuracy advantage for range, while the COMPACT 45 has a clear ammunition per magazine advantage.

2) Increased the close range damage of the M1911, QSZ-92, FN57, CZ-75 and COMPACT 45. This will allow all pistols to bypass Body Armor at close range. Additionally, the FN57 and the QSZ-92 have had their long range damage increased to allow them to properly bypass Body Armor at all distances. Finally, the CZ-75 has also had its long range damage raised to give it a diverse role among the handguns.

3) Reduced the delay between pressing the trigger and the bullet firing for the M412 REX and .44 MAGNUM. This delay represents the way these weapons work in real life, while also improving their responsiveness in game.

4) Increased the magazine capacity of the QSZ-92 to 20 rounds, the proper amount for this weapon in real life. Additionally reduced the recoil of the QSZ-92 to give it a clear difference from the FN57.

5) Corrected a small error with the COMPACT 45 accuracy when crouched or prone. The weapon was accidently less accurate than intended.

I haven't used it this outing because it apparently increased recoil.

Yeah, it decreases bullet deviation, I think, but increases vertical recoil. I only use it on some weapons, can't remember which, haven't been playing a lot lately.

Pistol tweaks look good, I think...I spent the 2XP weekend unlocking all pistols, and honestly, I still go back to the P226. None of the others stand out for me. I really wanted to like the Compact .45, but it hasn't clicked. Doesn't help that it sounds like the weakest gun of the bunch.

TheSeks

Yeah works for oblit too. But I find oblit does not work well for a lot of these maps.

Funny, I have a lot more fun in Sabotage on all the maps so far than I do in Rush OR Conquest.

The only "what the christ" map is Dragon Peak or whatever that circle China Rising map is. A/B/C is a complete circle. It's fun in a hectic way but not "fun" in a tactical way.

Anton Sugar said:
Pistol tweaks look good, I think...I spent the 2XP weekend unlocking all pistols, and honestly, I still go back to the P226. None of the others stand out for me. I really wanted to like the Compact .45, but it hasn't clicked. Doesn't help that it sounds like the weakest gun of the bunch.

MP-443. My waifu.

Compact .45 is pretty good as well, seemed decent when I tried it in pistol only servers.

M1911 this outing is trash.

M9 is okay.

Five-seveN is hot flaming trash. Don't bother.

Haven't tried the (w)Rex or .45 Magnum this outing. Can't be assed.

Glock is hit and miss but has always been hit and miss with me.

scogoth

Funny, I have a lot more fun in Sabotage on all the maps so far than I do in Rush OR Conquest.

The only "what the christ" map is Dragon Peak or whatever that circle China Rising map is. A/B/C is a complete circle. It's fun in a hectic way but not "fun" in a tactical way.

64P Rush with standard ticket count. Your opinion is invalid until you stop playing that mode.

we will peer pressure you into CQ with mumble

TheSeks

64P Rush with standard ticket count. Your opinion is invalid until you stop playing that mode.

Hey now, that's all the "Rush with free spots" show up. Don't blame when when the PC base even in BF3 wanted 64p Rush. Not my fault. *shrug*

Besides, ya'll don't play that mode anyway so I go for the quickest Rush server I can get into to play rounds on. Generally that's one of the (terrible) U-rock servers that are 64 players and one round ONLY per map. :/

I need to play Sabotage a lot more. I found a decent community server but their kick/ban policy seems a little wonky right now.

Milennia

And the m1911 gets buffed into viability.
The 93 is still king until they fix the netcode obviously, P22 still remains a monster as well as the c45 even though i hate it.

Need to play around with the heavy pistols to see how that change plays out, because right now they aren't worth a damn.
Maybe the buffs to the other guns will make other infantry mode top players use something other than the 93 on GB.

Anything that fixes the ACE23-93r monotony is fine with me.

TheSeks

OH MY GOD. I was impressed with my Little Bird flying yesterday... not anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxGghX2KXnI

Flying the Little Bird is one of my guilty pleasures. If DICE had the test range for all the maps, I'd go into that a lot more often just to fly it around. Love that sucker. But in actual matches? I'll leave it for the ones that can hear the audio cues.

Well that and flying with a keyboard and mouse is wonky and I don't leave my DS3 plugged in for air vehicles.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
They finally made some proper, significant weapon balancing changes.

I don't know if I'll ever touch a DMR still after this update, I might look at the stats data to see if it would even be worth it, but one thing that I am definitely not looking forward too is hearing more of those shot in the air around me.

Hawk 12G is my favorite primary shotgun when I actually feel like running the risk of using one, so I'm glad to see that they finally increased the accuracy of it and a few others.

Heavy Barrel should have had that accuracy bonus for moving as well, it was silly to only have it for standing still in the first place, I never used it because there was no real benefit to me ever using it at all in the past.

They finally made the 1911 seemingly worth a damn now, I only touched the gun for the Achievement and promptly dumped it when I got it. Stupid that it wasn't even that accurate especially with that DICE scope that only that pistol has.

Nice to see some pistols finally getting some damage increase, now I might actually use them more and see them more as well. I do good with them, but I only ever need to use when things get a bit too hot, it's never by choice or for fun. Nice to see that they're more diversified for roles and playstyles too, as they should have been.

Finally they sort-of wisened up with the REX and .44 Magnum. Sort of. Nobody uses the gun for good reason DICE. You know damn well that you used to have those guns shoot instantly in prior games, don't give that excuse now, especially since there are guns in BF4 that are still crippled in comparison to their real-life counterparts, especially ammo clip-wise. A slow, precision-type gun should not need to have a shooting delay on top of that, especially when you increased how fast you die in this game compared to prior Battlefields. No one in their right mind is going to rely on any of those two guns in a firefight in BF4, you're going to be dead vs. every other gun in the game even if you land the first shot. Hell, even if you survive the slow-ass switch to the pistol in the first place. That's right DICE, you should increase the speed to switch to secondaries. Doesn't have to be weapon switching speed in general, just for the secondaries is fine enough.

Now for the things I dislike.

Boo at them reducing the long range damage of the MTAR - it's the fast firing one and it actually takes some bursting skill to take out someone way out in the middle of nowhere. Now when I see someone camping up on a roof or off in the distance it won't even make any sense for me to back up a teammate or take him out myself. Stop making stupid decisions like this DICE, encourage teams to do concentrated fire, not discourage it.

Finally they fixed that extremely stupid glitch/decision to retain hipfire accuracy while switching to aiming down sights. However, they don't want to completely get rid of it? I swear DICE can be so ridiculous at times. So they want me to come to a complete halt every time someone pops up into my view? So that I can be a prime target for a sniper? Or wait until my sights come up completely so that I don't get penalized? That is stupid. I guess they don't like people that stay on the move, and just sit and camp.

Same thing with the nonsense of shooting too fast with aiming down sights with a sniper - I get that you don't want to encourage quick scoping, but in the instance that I'm using a straight pull and constantly zoomed in, the instant my cross-hair is back on someone else's head after my first shot should be a fully-accurate shot in any neutral situation. Don't punish me for being able to line up my shots quickly, especially if that person is on the run, and then I have to hope that they aren't anywhere near any cover by the time I have to wait to make another shot again according to some silly decision you made.

Milennia

They finally made some proper, significant weapon balancing changes.

I don't know if I'll ever touch a DMR still after this update, I might look at the stats data to see if it would even be worth it, but one thing that I am definitely not looking forward too is hearing more of those shot in the air around me.

Hawk 12G is my favorite primary shotgun when I actually feel like running the risk of using one, so I'm glad to see that they finally increased the accuracy of it and a few others.

Heavy Barrel should have had that accuracy bonus for moving as well, it was silly to only have it for standing still in the first place, I never used it because there was no real benefit to me ever using it at all in the past.

They finally made the 1911 seemingly worth a damn now, I only touched the gun for the Achievement and promptly dumped it when I got it. Stupid that it wasn't even that accurate especially with that DICE scope that only that pistol has.

Nice to see some pistols finally getting some damage increase, now I might actually use them more and see them more as well. I do good with them, but I only ever need to use when things get a bit too hot, it's never by choice or for fun. Nice to see that they're more diversified for roles and playstyles too, as they should have been.

Finally they sort-of wisened up with the REX and .44 Magnum. Sort of. Nobody uses the gun for good reason DICE. You know damn well that you used to have those guns shoot instantly in prior games, don't give that excuse now, especially since there are guns in BF4 that are still crippled in comparison to their real-life counterparts, especially ammo clip-wise. A slow, precision-type gun should not need to have a shooting delay on top of that, especially when you increased how fast you die in this game compared to prior Battlefields. No one in their right mind is going to rely on any of those two guns in a firefight in BF4, you're going to be dead vs. every other gun in the game even if you land the first shot. Hell, even if you survive the slow-ass switch to the pistol in the first place. That's right DICE, you should increase the speed to switch to secondaries. Doesn't have to be weapon switching speed in general, just for the secondaries is fine enough.

Now for the things I dislike.

Boo at them reducing the long range damage of the MTAR - it's the fast firing one and it actually takes some bursting skill to take out someone way out in the middle of nowhere. Now when I see someone camping up on a roof or off in the distance it won't even make any sense for me to back up a teammate or take him out myself. Stop making stupid decisions like this DICE, encourage teams to do concentrated fire, not discourage it.

Finally they fixed that extremely stupid glitch/decision to retain hipfire accuracy while switching to aiming down sights. However, they don't want to completely get rid of it? I swear DICE can be so ridiculous at times. So they want me to come to a complete halt every time someone pops up into my view? So that I can be a prime target for a sniper? Or wait until my sights come up completely so that I don't get penalized? That is stupid. I guess they don't like people that stay on the move, and just sit and camp.

Same thing with the nonsense of shooting too fast with aiming down sights with a sniper - I get that you don't want to encourage quick scoping, but in the instance that I'm using a straight pull and constantly zoomed in, the instant my cross-hair is back on someone else's head after my first shot should be a fully-accurate shot in any neutral situation. Don't punish me for being able to line up my shots quickly, especially if that person is on the run, and then I have to hope that they aren't anywhere near any cover by the time I have to wait to make another shot again according to some silly decision you made.

In regards to the tar, some guns aren't meant to be medium-long range.
This gun is one of those that aren't, there are plenty of other good medium-long range carbines to use, not every gun should be able to long range kill anything, especially the tar, which had a bugged medium-long range damage counter that was mistakingly given an assault rifle spread instead of a carbine spread.

You have to play differently with PDWs and this gun is treated the same way, as is the ACW.
Just as the medium-long range carbines are weak at short range due to velocity and ROF, such as the 52 (which has decent hip fire) and the 5C.

TheSeks

The ADS "glitch" is some-what realistic. If you're moving while ADS you wouldn't be 100% accurate. That said, they're tweaking it to be more "game-like" but not instant 100% accuracy like BF3 and earlier had. Frankly, I'm leaning toward "keep it" because it means people can't run around hip-fire and then ADS quickly--like quickscoping, but with other guns--which is a good thing IMO. If you're on move and ADS, don't fire for a second to gain the 100% accuracy. You'll bitch and say "well I'll lose the fire fight then" well... you have the choice of panic fire with some inaccuracy included or waiting a millisecond for the ADS to come up and then fire.

I don't use straight-pull, but shouldn't that already NOT penalize you for being in ADS while chambering the next round?

Timu

MP-443. My waifu.

Compact .45 is pretty good as well, seemed decent when I tried it in pistol only servers.

M1911 this outing is trash.

M9 is okay.

Five-seveN is hot flaming trash. Don't bother.

Haven't tried the (w)Rex or .45 Magnum this outing. Can't be assed.

Glock is hit and miss but has always been hit and miss with me.
The Rex takes out people in like 2-3 shots.=3

Hey now, that's all the "Rush with free spots" show up. Don't blame when when the PC base even in BF3 wanted 64p Rush. Not my fault. *shrug*

Besides, ya'll don't play that mode anyway so I go for the quickest Rush server I can get into to play rounds on. Generally that's one of the (terrible) U-rock servers that are 64 players and one round ONLY per map. :/

I need to play Sabotage a lot more. I found a decent community server but their kick/ban policy seems a little wonky right now.

64p rush :lol :lol :lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
In regards to the tar, some guns aren't meant to be medium-long range.
This gun is one of those that aren't, there are plenty of other good medium-long range carbines to use, not every gun should be able to long range kill anything, especially the tar, which had a bugged medium-long range damage counter that was mistakingly given an assault rifle spread instead of a carbine spread.

You have to play differently with PDWs and this gun is treated the same way, as is the ACW.
Just as the medium-long range carbines are weak at short range due to velocity and ROF, such as the 52 (which has decent hip fire) and the 5C.

In the end I'll have to play it to see how it is, because they did say that they matched it up with the rest of the carbines now - I never saw myself making kills from long range easier with the MTAR than any of the other carbines I used. So I hope it's just something slight, because the MTAR probably has the most kick out of all of the carbines so that's why it really didn't make any sense to even mess with it at long range in the first place to me. And I've played with the gun as well as others more than enough to know this. My top 30 weapons are all pretty evenly spread kill-wise since I love to experiment and I can't see myself hogging just one gun in this game.

The ADS "glitch" is some-what realistic. If you're moving while ADS you wouldn't be 100% accurate. That said, they're tweaking it to be more "game-like" but not instant 100% accuracy like BF3 and earlier had. Frankly, I'm leaning toward "keep it" because it means people can't run around hip-fire and then ADS quickly--like quickscoping, but with other guns--which is a good thing IMO. If you're on move and ADS, don't fire for a second to gain the 100% accuracy. You'll bitch and say "well I'll lose the fire fight then" well... you have the choice of panic fire with some inaccuracy included or waiting a millisecond for the ADS to come up and then fire.

I don't use straight-pull, but shouldn't that already NOT penalize you for being in ADS while chambering the next round?

No, the ADS thing was not realistic at all, considering it never made the transition to increase the accuracy period, not even in the slightest. Like the blog stated as an example, the easiest way to notice was with an LMG. Even if you kept the enemy right at the center of your red dot, the bullets flew so wildly around him at times. An LMG might not be mean for running and gunning, but it makes no sense to be on my way to an objective or something, and meet someone along the way and not want to immediately shoot and bring up my sights while I shoot and get punished for it. That's like accepting fate that the person laying in wait should always win instead of the more-active person.

My case for both the ADS and the sniper scope cases is that if I'm able to bring up my sights on someone in any situation, and my gun is able to fire, I should be getting the accuracy that is normal for that situation. I should not be punished for having faster reflexes or better aiming skill. This is why I have my aiming sensitivity set to max for every shooter I play for as long as I can remember - to be able to react as fast as possible, even if I have to make a 180 degree turn to kill someone behind me.

And man is GAF slower than usual today. I should be busy with what I have to write anyways instead of refreshing over and over again to get my post to show up.

TheSeks

64p rush :lol :lol :lol

I know. It was EXTREMELY popular in BF3 despite the maps not being built for that player count even in "Conquest Large." It blows my mind why the PC base wants to play it, but if it's the majority of servers... *shrug*

No, the ADS thing was not realistic at all, considering it never made the transition to increase the accuracy period, not even in the slightest. Like the blog stated as an example, the easiest way to notice was with an LMG. Even if you kept the enemy right at the center of your red dot, the bullets flew so wildly around him at times. An LMG might not be mean for running and gunning, but it makes no sense to be on my way to an objective or something, and meet someone along the way and not want to immediately shoot and bring up my sights while I shoot and get punished for it. That's like accepting fate that the person laying in wait should always win instead of the more-active person.

My case for both the ADS and the sniper scope cases is that if I'm able to bring up my sights on someone in any situation, and my gun is able to fire, I should be getting the accuracy that is normal for that situation. I should not be punished for having faster reflexes or better aiming skill. This is why I have my aiming sensitivity set to max for every shooter I play for as long as I can remember - to be able to react as fast as possible, even if I have to make a 180 degree turn to kill someone behind me.

And man is GAF slower than usual today. I should be busy with what I have to write anyways instead of refreshing over and over again to get my post to show up.

You're missing what I'm saying. What I'm saying is your "quick-fire skill" is unrealistic. In that situation your ADS accuracy wouldn't be 100% in quick-scope-like fashion. Tweaking it to where you don't have 100% accuracy prevents "quick-scoping" with assault rifles. I'm all for not having the 100% accruacy bonuses in those situations. The sniper rifle is the same: it's to prevent quick-scoping from being a flick-to-instant-100%-bonus situation. Your one argument is the pull-bolt, which would be a glitch since you're already scoped in and should be able to have 100% accuracy while chambering the round, compared to non-pull-bolt chambering.

zma1013

"1) Increased the damage of all DMRs across all ranges. Specifically, damage has been increased at long ranges to allow three-hit kills against unarmored opponents."

Could someone explain this to me? What's an armored opponent?

Bombless

"1) Increased the damage of all DMRs across all ranges. Specifically, damage has been increased at long ranges to allow three-hit kills against unarmored opponents."

Could someone explain this to me? What's an armored opponent?

Someone using defensive perk.

I'll add you later when I'm online. We played together today, I can see why people send you hate mail. You stayed in the AA that whole Lancang game! Haha!

Just joking, you're a good player!

Yeah, I use the 20mm and zuni's and usually do pretty good against both aircraft, armor, and infantry when I'm in the AA. Ended up going 29-0, lol. I can't believe the other teams helicopter pilots kept flying over toward D and E after I blew them up the first two or three times. At the end they were just flying toward me and bailing while trying to C4 me. They were so pissed.

Nvzman

Hey guys! My first post here and all as a Junior Member but...
I recently got a PS4 with Battlefield 4. I'm having a blast after being used to the sub 720p/30fps on BF3 for the PS3. Is there any things I should be aware of? I spot all the time but I'm a little confused as to how you lose squad points. I'll die once after an almost deathless round and suddenly I have all my points gone in the round until I help out my random/pub squad mates. A little annoying but so far I'm enjoying the game, especially liking how good the single player looks. I actually decided to go and complete it and get all 3 weapons (is it just me or is that P90 really good?). Luckily I didn't get any crashes so far, so did they finally stabilize it?

Bombless

Watch the DRMs become overpowered as fuck for a couple weeks while they "watch how the rifles perform" before they nerf them back into uselesness.

Shame about the MTAR, but it was expected. Best weapon currently, no matter what the ACE nuts think.

Also apparently the pump action shotguns buff ignores the Shorty :(

Milennia

Watch the DRMs become overpowered as fuck for a couple weeks while they "watch how the rifles perform" before they nerf them back into uselesness.

Shame about the MTAR, but it was expected. Best weapon currently, no matter what the ACE nuts think.

Also apparently the pump action shotguns buff ignores the Shorty :(

Its not even close to being the best weapon in a top infantry environment, I've been playing private GB matches since launch lol.
Exclusively 23 and 93r, nothing else exists.
Even a brief stint with the M416 until it got hit with a vertical stealth nerf, that was only used by 2 people i encountered, and neither of them were top 50 let alone.

Nothing even comes close to being as viable, the only other weapon that even gets air time ONCE in a while is the 52 because of its hip fire being on top of its mid range/damage, THATS IT.

Closest was coming in contact with a team that was teching ACWs, they got slapped up and down langcang like nobody's business, we just outranged them to death and made them come to us.

If the 23 is the top weapon for close-mid range engagements in GB/pro games, then it sure as hell is the top overall weapon in pubs as well, However you can succeed with anything in pubs... Because... Pubs.

This lands it as the 4th best weapon outside of the 2 mentioned regularly and the L85.
With this nerf, its still in the same place.

Dysun

I leveled up DMR's to the max out of sheer curiosity. They definitely could use a slight damage boost to make them more competitive. Once I dropped them cold my K/D went up significantly

Damage boost would make it overpowered. It needs a consistent damage range and a tiny bit more accurate shots.

It'll be stupid to have it do 2 hit kills close range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom