• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about expansion DLC -

Are all expansions handled the way they've handled China Rising? i.e. if you want to play China Rising maps you're stuck only playing China Rising maps in that rotation.

I'd like to have an option of having standard, China, Second Assault, and "ALL" in the rotations. I want to play some China Rising maps but I don't want to keep repeating the same 4 levels; I want to play the Second Assault maps but I don't want to be stuck switching between Second Assault and the rest. etc. etc.

Yes. It's a shame.

At most you'll probably have to rely on custom servers that include all map rotation.

Milennia

I actually like a majority of the SA maps, so i dont have much of an issue spamming them.

But damn do we need those custom servers on PS4.

turnbuckle

Yes. It's a shame.

At most you'll probably have to rely on custom servers that include all map rotation.

I only have the PS4 version; Are there or will there be custom servers? As it stands now we're stuck with the DICE ones. I'd love to play a server with higher ticket/death counts.

Omni

Custom servers are needed on every platform. I'm kinda surprised that they weren't there at launch actually. I'd imagine that they'd make a bit of dollars from them on console in BF3

turnbuckle

Ok, this is probably the dumbest question but haven't been able to find an answer. I just started playing Rush last night and I have no idea how to arm or destroy MCOM stations. Do you press a button or do you have to be a certain class or what?

Everything I look up when trying to find "how to play Rush" just says "arm/destroy" MCOM stations but it doesn't say how. I'm so embarrassed.

Ocho

Ok, this is probably the dumbest question but haven't been able to find an answer. I just started playing Rush last night and I have no idea how to arm or destroy MCOM stations. Do you press a button or do you have to be a certain class or what?

Everything I look up when trying to find "how to play Rush" just says "arm/destroy" MCOM stations but it doesn't say how. I'm so embarrassed.

Hold E in PC.

Omni

We have them on pc, which is my other platform :p
Pffft! ;)

Hold "x"... or is it "o"?

I can't remember. It's one of those on console.

Milennia

The second assault ps4 trophies are now listed in the iphone playstation app. Not sure if old.

Thats new yep.

This is the patch that will probably display all of the Second assault stuff, like the assignments etc.

Its soon.
Hostage situations take time.

Omni

With the M1911 buff and this:

1) Increased the number of M84 FLASHBANG and HAND FLARES the player can carry from 2 to 3. A player may now have 3 active HAND FLARES, up from 1 before. The HAND FLARE remains mostly a gadget of comic relief, though its ability to blind IRNV sights should not be forgotten. The increase in the number the player can carry should allow for a larger tactical use of both the HAND FLARE and the M84 FLASHBANG.
I can't wait. I feel like I'm the only one who ever uses hand flares haha

turnbuckle

Thats new yep.

This is the patch that will probably display all of the Second assault stuff, like the assignments etc.

Its soon.
Hostage situations take time.

Not that you're a fortune teller, but do you think this means we'd be able to start progress on those assignments or is a prerequisite to them having second assault installed?

Milennia

Not that you're a fortune teller, but do you think this means we'd be able to start progress on those assignments or is a prerequisite to them having second assault installed?

Nope, just so you can look at them for a while lol.

(They just unload the menu assets with a prior patch so the SA patch isn't ridiculous)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

They require SA to be redeemed on your account.

Give it 1-2 weeks and Premium will have it, then regulars by last week of Feb.

I usually am against the double nerf, but I think they should have changed the amount of V40s to 2. And IIRC, you only carry one incendiary, which seems way underpowered.

With all of the changes, I still don't think any one will use the regular frag grenades. They still throw like shotputs.

I'll be curious as to whether we start seeing flashbangs more often, if only for the griefing.

Milennia

I usually am against the double nerf, but I think they should have changed the amount of V40s to 2. And IIRC, you only carry one incendiary, which seems way underpowered.

With all of the changes, I still don't think any one will use the regular frag grenades. They still throw like shotputs.

I'll be curious as to whether we start seeing flashbangs more often, if only for the griefing.

2 incendiaries sounds pretty nice, i already like them.
Great for clearing a room, just for the hit markers.

Bombless

You get to the console and hold the Use button. A progress bar will appear. Note that you can turn away from the console to watch for ennemies while arming / disarming the Mcom.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
With the M1911 buff and this:

I can't wait. I feel like I'm the only one who ever uses hand flares haha

You are, because they're pointless. So continue to use pointless flares while the rest of us use M67 or V40 grenades.

Maybe if the Flashbang lasted longer... Changing it from 4 to 5 and making the effect felt by friendlies doesn't fix their short "White out" duration. Flashbangs would be effective in Operation Metro 1.5, but... they aren't... due to the short duration.

Omni

You are, because they're pointless. So continue to use pointless flares while the rest of us use M64 or V40 grenades.

Maybe if the Flashbang lasted longer...

Surprisingly enough, I get more use out of hand flares than I do grenades.

They're absolutely amazing at distracting people. So many times I've ran into a building on low health, thrown a flare at the other entrance and watched as the enemy has chased in after me, only to blindly stare at my flare allowing me to get the kill from behind. They draw people in like a magnet. :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
They require SA to be redeemed on your account.

Give it 1-2 weeks and Premium will have it, then regulars by last week of Feb.
I BELIEVE!

I also predict a big patch before 2nd Assault. (DICE usually does a big patch before a DLC Pack)

Bombless

There's a guy using the AS VAL on this map I'm on right now, so the 2nd Assault assignments are out.

Edit : or he's a cheater. At least the others in chat say so.

TheSeks

There's a guy using the AS VAL on this map I'm on right now, so the 2nd Assault assignments are out.

Time to get those and then have to redo them since the assignement GET is bugged like China Risings? Yay?

Chat-box isn't a full chatbox. Just for Commorose "NEED MEDIC, REQUEST AMMO, NEED REPAIRS" functions. Baby steps... Not where I want it to be (FULL FUCKING TEXT CHAT) just yet, but if consoles did that I'd strongly consider going back to them... once they dropped the online fee... and matched Steam sales... maybe...

Milennia

Time to get those and then have to redo them since the assignement GET is bugged like China Risings? Yay?

Chat-box isn't a full chatbox. Just for Commorose "NEED MEDIC, REQUEST AMMO, NEED REPAIRS" functions. Baby steps... Not where I want it to be (FULL FUCKING TEXT CHAT) just yet, but if consoles did that I'd strongly consider going back to them... once they dropped the online fee... and matched Steam sales... maybe...

See you in 2030 lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Nope, for some odd reason when i got Premium i got several 2nd Assault Assignments unlocked.
And im not a cheater!! >__<

Milennia

What platform? On PC you can usually unlock the weapons when the assignments drop early.

Its happening.

My F2000 and VSS await

Milennia

On PC. He also kept dropping people in 1 shot, me included from any range. Going on another server to see if the assignments pop or not.

The guns could be bugged, but it wouldn't be the first time they were released early on PC by accident.

Oh wait... He is cheating... The assignments all have to do with second assault maps, he couldn't possibly have them.

TheSeks

Yeah, he's hacking. The second assault assignments aren't on Battlelog and most of them have to do with the 4 maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom