• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

Damn son.

I just rolled over a match with an sks.
I still hate DMRs and will never use them after this test match, but got dang.

Feels like a fucking shotgun mixed with a pea shooter that spits out flaming spitballs.
I will note, that i only went for headshots as i hate hitmarkers with these things.... And i got what i wanted.

Only short-mid and i panic shot every chance i got, no fucks given.

DMR's are still kind of bad imo. Looks like they only tweaked the damage drop off. So no more 4 to the body at range, but it's still two the head and three to body up close. It's gotta be a oneshot to the head and two to the body up close for DMR's to be worth it imo.

And unless it's a glitch, Dice has just given the RCB to the attackers on rush on Hainan Resort. WTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF?!?!?!?!?

They also modified the recoil or accuracy so it's easier to take follow up shots, which was a big problem with DMRs.

ChrisW

Next question, does anyone else have issues with the ps4 making your wireless drop whilst playing BF4? It's happened about 4 times now since I started playing a week ago

terrible

Banned
Damn son.

I just rolled over a match with an sks.
I still hate DMRs and will never use them after this test match, but got dang.

Feels like a fucking shotgun mixed with a pea shooter that spits out flaming spitballs.
I will note, that i only went for headshots as i hate hitmarkers with these things.... And i got what i wanted.

Only short-mid and i panic shot every chance i got, no fucks given.

Ugh, I'm not looking forward to this. I hope DICE at least removes the annoying sound. I'm going to freak out if every sniper switches to these.

Milennia

Ugh, I'm not looking forward to this. I hope DICE at lease removes the annoying sound. I'm going to freak out if every sniper switches to these.

Its fucking there, i hate using these damn things, especially because of the noise.
Everybody was trying out the DMRs in this match, was like a bunch of wookies in prone position peh-tooing all game.

Bombless

So it's not a glitch of some sort, damnit. Defense is gonna be nearly impossible on that first set of MCOM's on Hainan Resort now.

You know which vehicles were removed and on what set of MCOM's they were taken out on Dawnbreaker?

Breaking that damn 1st set of MCOMs was next to impossible. Glad they're trying to do something about it. The second set is at the top of the hill so the RCB will be useless then. I'm also pretty sure you can't circle around the hill with the boat on the 3rd set.

terrible

Banned
Its fucking there, i hate using these damn things, especially because of the noise.
Everybody was trying out the DMRs in this match, was like a bunch of wookies in prone position peh-tooing all game.

That's my dream; that's my nightmare.

Seriously though I already got annoyed with them when they sucked and nobody used them. That sound. That horrific sound. It drives me insane.

Omni

You guys don't like

PSSSH PSSSH PSSSH PSSSH PSSSH PSSSH PSSSH PSSSH PSSSH

over and over while someone spams the fuck out of his weapon trying to hit you? I for one am shocked.

terrible

Banned
You guys don't like

over and over while someone spams the fuck out of his weapon trying to hit you? I for one am shocked.

At least now they'll probably actually be able to kill me with them once in a while now so I won't have to hear the sound for as long.

Positive thinking!

Milennia

Im doing pretty well in terms of rubber banding as well.
Im getting some but its pre fucked patch rubber banding, not post fucked patch.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I like operation locker! In domination I really enjoy holding A as a team and in conquest I like grinding my ammo/med drops at the bottleneck!

What's everyone's fave guns/attachments set ups?

scogoth

I like operation locker! In domination I really enjoy holding A as a team and in conquest I like grinding my ammo/med drops at the bottleneck!

original

You guys don't like

lol that's my favorite sound..

I have not been able to play around with the DMRs, so are they worth attempting to us? I did enjoy using the SKS when I had to grind with it.

Breaking that damn 1st set of MCOMs was next to impossible. Glad they're trying to do something about it. The second set is at the top of the hill so the RCB will be useless then. I'm also pretty sure you can't circle around the hill with the boat on the 3rd set.

I wasn't aware that attacking teams had so much of an issue with the first set(personally I didn't feel it was exceptionally hard to tackle), but I suppose Dice has the win/loss statistics for that first set so I won't question it. An RCB feels like overkill though, that thing is too much of a beast to deal with, while having two heli's and tank to deal with already. I don't know if it would've been possible but I think a repositioning of the MCOMs could have made attacking that much easier on the first set. I feel that having the "B" MCOM buried in the back of the base, in an area that gives the defenders so much cover, is what makes taking the base occasionally difficult to take.

Majanew

Banned
Well, good to know the update did nothing for the lag on Hainan or the bad hit detection that comes up far too often. Still dying after taking cover, too. Playing on PS4.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How about they just increase the ticketcount and add proper overtime in Rush already.

75 tickets for 32-player is mostly fine. (If you're crazy and joining a 64-player server: FUCK NO IT ISN'T. 150 max for that count) The problem with Resort's first set is that defenders had vehicles (on launch) while attackers had boats. Now the attackers had an LAV and still couldn't push up because the LAV was slow in swimming while the boats were fast and could be Javelined and Stingered out.

So they're adding an Attack Boat to suppress the defense... good idea... except the Attack Boat is crazy cheese and now the attackers are pretty much just gonna hang back and farm kills while going down the map while the defense can't do shit to set up a SOFLAM on the "mountain" looking the first set to attempt to take that out.

Bombless

I wasn't aware that attacking teams had so much of an issue with the first set(personally I didn't feel it was exceptionally hard to tackle), but I suppose Dice has the win/loss statistics for that first set so I won't question it. An RCB feels like overkill though, that thing is too much of a beast to deal with, while having two heli's and tank to deal with already. I don't know if it would've been possible but I think a repositioning of the MCOMs could have made attacking that much easier on the first set. I feel that having the "B" MCOM buried in the back of the base, in an area that gives the defenders so much cover, is what makes taking the base occasionally difficult to take.

The IFV takes AGES to get to the beach, and you can't make landfall in the base proper, only on the beaches on the side. The only real possibility is on the right side (from the attackers point of view) which is quite far from the action, IF you manage to get there without taking any rocket hits. The idiots that land on the small island and "snipe" from there need to die in a fire.

If you get a scout heli god then yes, it helps a whole bunch, but the transport heli usually gets abandoned or is flown by a mouthbreather to the small island to "snipe".

The Rhib boats end up as turrets for the defenders and tear up the attackers even more.

The RCB will definitely skew the odds though, unless, as Facism says, some asshole decides to snipe infantry with the fucking TV missile while hiding behind the island.

TheSeks

Really, the most obvious fix is to make the RHIB's turrets not a 360 swivel. They weren't like that in previous Battlefields and it would stop the defense
(Me)
from getting in there, 360 swiveling it back to the attackers bases and mowing them to death.

But DICE doesn't make the obvious fix and gives the Cheeseboat to the attackers. WTF, DICE?

The IFV takes AGES to get to the beach, and you can't make landfall in the base proper, only on the beaches on the side. The only real possibility is on the right side (from the attackers point of view) which is quite far from the action, IF you manage to get there without taking any rocket hits. The idiots that land on the small island and "snipe" from there need to die in a fire.

If you get a scout heli god then yes, it helps a whole bunch, but the transport heli usually gets abandoned or is flown by a mouthbreather to the small island to "snipe".

The Rhib boats end up as turrets for the defenders and tear up the attackers even more.

The RCB will definitely skew the odds though, unless, as Facism says, some asshole decides to snipe infantry with the fucking TV missile while hiding behind the island.

I see what you're saying, and putting in an RCB is a good idea in theory, but it's so damn powerful and so hard to take down; it's nearly as bad as the little bird, but you don't need to be as good with the RCB to be effective with it.You need a good amount of teamwork and people to take it down, which would be fine if one single person couldn't dominate in an RCB with ease. I suppose in the end my biggest issue with this is how powerful the RCB is, and no so much with putting in on the map instead.

vixlar

Well. Now I have that bug when you shoot and the enemy have that force field.

Aaaaand, a new bug I really hate. When I get in the gunner position on tank or ifv, I can't shoot! I don't know what's happening there :-(

Gibbo

Game seems to be crashing alot since the last patch- PS4 version here. Was working perfectly fine before yesterday's patch..

FHIZ

...why does this game never update on my PS4 while in standby? Is this just a BF4 thing or is the feature completely broken? I can't tell because BF4 is the only game that's had any updates recently.

Boogdud

For some reason on pc, after the patch all my ping times tripled. Got killed by a guy at point blank with a 226 that had ~2% health vs me full with scar, looked at ping time ~300. When I picked the server to play it was in the 50ms range. Now I refresh the list and everything is minimum 180ms. Gotta love patch night.

Acorn

...why does this game never update on my PS4 while in standby? Is this just a BF4 thing or is the feature completely broken? I can't tell because BF4 is the only game that's had any updates recently.
War Thunder updated for me but bf4 didn't. Can't remember what happened with AC4.

The asshats in this game never cease to amaze me. I was in the Amtrac on Flood Zone earlier taking out one of the enemy teams IFV's and a couple of infantry players when a guy gets in it, drives it all the way away from the enemies I was shooting at to the other end of the map, and gets out to snipe...smh. Rage mode engage.

Game seems to be crashing alot since the last patch- PS4 version here. Was working perfectly fine before yesterday's patch..

I had the same problem tonight on PS4, crashed out twice straight away, but thankfully was fine from then on.

TheSeks

origin keeps telling me to update to amd drivers to 13.12 when the latest driver is 13.11. cool.

DAT Mantle Update.

(That doesn't even work for #TeamGreen. DAT 1Gig Update that's pointless)

So, I realize people are going to say its missing the point (and they're right) but given the map design is so non-conducive to infantry focused non-engineer play, someone found they had a few infantry only servers in rotation so I tried it out.

Almost completely unplayable. They don't give you any quads or jetskis so on a map like floodzone you have to literally swim around. I can't even imagine trying to play Paracel or Golmud.

Infantry mode is awful. I thought it would be a nice change of pace not having helis rain death or have to deal with IFVs, but instead it's just cardio exercise. I'm not sure how Paracel would even be possible. Would you swim to E?

When are they going to make the Conquest maps for 32 players?

-Greatly reduced the risk of crosshairs disappearing, which would also result in hit markers disappearing

I had a few instances tonight of an opponent not showing enemy designation, not able to spot him, no hit markers and having to unload an entire magazine and pistol clip before he would die.

terrible

Banned
This guy is such a pro.43,078 gunship kills in 18 seconds.

I wonder what happened to his stats. It has to be a glitch or stat engine hack. Defintely not in-game hacking since players can't even spawn in nearly fast enough to kill them that fast lol.

bjscott05

Played a few rounds on PS4 tonight. 2 of the three rounds were pretty solid. Shanghai lagged a decent amount, which sucked.

DMRs still seem pretty meh, but I'd imagine DICE just doesn't want to overpower them. I guess I agree with them in that regard.

Netcode in general seemed better after it was bad the past couple of weeks imho.

Really liked finally seeing emblems work.

Dries

Anyone notice any performance increase resulting from the new patch?

Also, why can't I map my scroll button on my mouse to toggle firing modes?

Bombless

Turns out the AS Val doesn't require the Second Assault Maps. Spend 10 mins in the Attack Heli copilot seat, and something else, kills I think? I'll find out at the end of the round.

Edit : Also, it's shit.

Jin

Anyone notice any performance increase resulting from the new patch?

Also, why can't I map my scroll button on my mouse to toggle firing modes?

On the PC I notice the stuttering has been improved a lot. There's still a tiny bit, but in my hour session it seems more smooth than before. This is on a 690.

Kabuto

Reddit post with some of the ninja updates

Here is what I've found so far that I did not see in the patch notes:
Multiple missile SRAW change You can no longer have multiple missiles in the air at once.
Change kit at Test Range credit to /u/Qahlel.
Increased color and contrast They've increased the color and contrast on all camouflage thumbnail images in the Customize menu.
New killed by icon New killed by icon as seen in the top of the image.
Reduced the "black screen" on spawn from ~1.14 seconds to ~0.11 seconds.
3D enemy spot icons (doritos) scaling The enemy spot icons now scales down the more far away you are. Notice how small they are just above the crosshair on image.
In-game chat color update Some in-game chat colors have been updated.
Client information icon The HUD icon indicate if anything is going wrong with the client such as packet loss, FPS drops, etc. Credit /u/DarkLord7854
Xbox One AND PS4 in-game chat Xbox One AND PS4 now has a "chat" window that pops up when people make requests such as asking for ammo. Img credit /u/youngsplud420
In-game scoreboard icons In-game scoreboard icons/numbers are slightly smaller.
Admin messages show up on screen Admin messages now show up on screen like seen in the image. Img credit /u/DANNYonPC
Bombcarrier spotted 24/7 in Defuse "As soon as somebody picks up the bomb he is spotted for the enemy team." Credit to the guy who made the video.
RCB changed to DV-15 on Paracel Storm The "silent" RCB in the Chinese deployment has been changed to an DV-15 and is now available through the spawn screen.
RCB on Rush at Hainan Resort The attackers on Rush at Hainan Resort now gets a RCB at (at least) the first base. Img credit to /u/TheYellowCellPhone
People are reporting that the UCAV reloading has been changed, "it now reloads w/o an ammo supply within 45-55 seconds". Could someone confirm with image/video.
// wirrew

The HUD icons (as seen here: http://i.imgur.com/R731QMk.png) are indicators of if anything is going wrong with your client such as packet loss, FPS drops, etc.
They're meant so when you guys post videos/screenshots, we can tell at a glance what a probable cause of the issue is related to.

The new UCAV reloading time is so much better and is still balanced imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom