• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. And you can only flank outside on one side, and there is a hill outside C which can look in both directions at the other entrances, so there's always snipers there. The bloom is so intense I can barely see anything. There's also some sort of glitch where people can get to the second circular level over the C flag. It's not a good map for anything but racking up kills by standing in doorways shooting a LMG, or tossing/shooting grenades.
Is that even really a glitch?

It's just a simple vault onto the opening near the top of the staircase then a jump to the ledges.

There are no railings there at the end, but there are railings on the middle sections.

turnbuckle

Anything over 75 should be an 'assist counts as kill' and not just an 'assist' that doesn't count as a kill.

How does it work if the person you've done that damage to was being healed? Say I do 130 damage to a soldier who was being healed through the fight to the point where they effectively had, say, 180 HP.

Would I get an assist and 130 points? Or would I get an assist counts as kill? In other words, is the assist counts as kill formula determined by the amount of damage you contributed as a flat number or is it based on a percentage?

zma1013

2) Hate to be this guy, but even when people are using mics, a lot people are just morons and uncomfortable to listen to anyway, especially if they're talking about anything other than tactics. Moreover, tactically, what really is anyone ever saying beyond the moderately helpful "three guys coming from over there .... nevermind, got 'em," "LAV over there," "headed to B" and whatnot? I've played mic'd up with plenty of people plenty of times, I really don't feel like I'm missing much when I'm not comm'd up.

That's pretty adequate info if you're getting it from complete strangers. Calling out where stuff is and where the team can be super helpful. I've called out enemy routes to a bunch of mutes in my squad and low and behold they run over and stop them. Vice-versa, it helps me to know if I'm about to get swarmed by a squad of people on a flag, gives me time to prepare a defense or run away and hide. Same if I'm at the spawn screen and someone says a tank is coming to A, so I spawn at A as engineer.

If you have actual friends that you normally play with well then that offers up all sorts of things like diversions. One guy distracts a tank by firing at it from a relatively safe poswhile another runs from a different direction an C4s it. Relatively simple tactic but highly effective. Me and my friends do it all the time.

How does it work if the person you've done that damage to was being healed? Say I do 130 damage to a soldier who was being healed through the fight to the point where they effectively had, say, 180 HP.

Would I get an assist and 130 points? Or would I get an assist counts as kill? In other words, is the assist counts as kill formula determined by the amount of damage you contributed as a flat number or is it based on a percentage?
I have no idea.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Just spent about 4 hours on conquest trying to get a defib kill, a pistol and 40mm nade kill in one round. Did conquest since it has longer rounds, figured it'd give me more time to get all the kills and prone snipers might be easy to find. Wasnt the case!

Switched to TDM on flood zone and got all 3 kills in about 3 minutes! Look forward to finally trying out the L85

wrongway

Anything over 75 should be an 'assist counts as kill' and not just an 'assist' that doesn't count as a kill.

Yeah, it does, but that's not what I was kvetching about. I was whining about the game telling me in two different ways that my opponent had received 100 damage, but had somehow killed me and was still left standing. I don't really care about getting that high-damage kill assist that credits me with a kill, I care about not being killed by zombies. :[

Kak.efes

When it says get 10 kills inside the metro, it doesn't mean inside the train, does it? Because if that's the case, that is fucking retarded.

Yeah, it does, but that's not what I was kvetching about. I was whining about the game telling me in two different ways that my opponent had received 100 damage, but had somehow killed me and was still left standing. I don't really care about getting that high-damage kill assist that credits me with a kill, I care about not being killed by zombies. :[
I dunno if it's still like this, but in previous games, damage was rounded up when displayed. So you could have done 99.7% and they would still be alive. Some weapons were notorious for doing just over 99% in certain situations.

I'm a little nervous about the new balance tweaks for air. Even before the recent MAA patch, I've been noticing a lot more skilled pilots dominating from the air in both jets and even the attack chopper. I don't know if it was just a matter of adapting to the new limitations or what but even before the patch, I feel air was already becoming increasingly effective.

For instances, I'm noticing jets melting the boats in Parcel Storm. Typically 2 passes, one while Active Protection is used and the next when it has run out.

The MAA was overpowered and needed adjusting but there's a noticeable number of pilots that have been trained to overcome that challenge. What I'd hate to see is what has happened in past Battlefield titles, air control being the most important aspect of winning or losing when a team has quality pilots.

broony

So this is my first battlefield in years. For the first month or so I was terrible but now I am starting to be average.

I saw on battle log you can reset your stats for K/D, win loss and a few others. I'm tempted to do that to see how good or bad I am now without my stats being affected by my noob days.

That resets just a few things, it won't reset my unlocks and ranks and stuff right ?

Omni

Commander is just the worst... or more specifically, HVT.

Just played a game of Conquest on Rogue Transmission and I got marked as HVT at least 7 or so times - Which usually led to my death soon after. Try to stealthily clear and capture a guarded flag and all of a sudden you have a big freaking marker on your head that you're powerless to stop. Where is the logic in that? ehhhhhhhhhhh

Is that even really a glitch?

It's just a simple vault onto the opening near the top of the staircase then a jump to the ledges.

There are no railings there at the end, but there are railings on the middle sections.

Ah. So it's not a glitch, just typical DICE bullshit. I've never liked those "secret" areas on maps that require acrobatics to access. I guess I'll just throw claymores on that stairwell.

Milennia

So this is my first battlefield in years. For the first month or so I was terrible but now I am starting to be average.

I saw on battle log you can reset your stats for K/D, win loss and a few others. I'm tempted to do that to see how good or bad I am now without my stats being affected by my noob days.

That resets just a few things, it won't reset my unlocks and ranks and stuff right ?

Iirc, its accuracy, W/L, K/D, SPM.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks: You were totally right, i didnt get the 2nd Assault assignments. I got confused with some China Rising ones.

bjscott05

Just played a game of Conquest on Rogue Transmission and I got marked as HVT at least 7 or so times - Which usually led to my death soon after. Try to stealthily clear and capture a guarded flag and all of a sudden you have a big freaking marker on your head that you're powerless to stop. Where is the logic in that? ehhhhhhhhhhh

Hey at least you were playing well enough to get marked!

A good commander is such a huge asset in this game. It can make the game really unbalanced. And if one team has a commander and the other team doesn't it makes it real unbalanced.

Ah. So it's not a glitch, just typical DICE bullshit. I've never liked those "secret" areas on maps that require acrobatics to access. I guess I'll just throw claymores on that stairwell.
This used to irritate me in Halo as well. I don't play a FPS to get terrorized by a guy is better a jumping than shooting (or whatever non-shooting skill is required to get up there).

Edit: It's worth noting fairfight will kill you if you get up there on PC.

DICE's reasoning on all the stuff they haven't balanced yet is fairly sound, except the G36 where they both deny its real fire rate (it was 650 in our recordings) and that its statistically the slowest TTK of all carbines by a good margin.

wrongway

I dunno if it's still like this, but in previous games, damage was rounded up when displayed. So you could have done 99.7% and they would still be alive. Some weapons were notorious for doing just over 99% in certain situations.
That could very well be it. I don't really recall it happening before the recent patch(es), but maybe there was just a change to how damage is displayed or something that makes it more apparent.

I feel ya. Sometimes it's a fun challenge, especially when you're on a roll and hold out until the mark times out or gets assigned to someone else. But sometimes it's just aggrivating and ruins whatever it is you're trying to do, and it feels like griefing when you end up as the target over and over. Hopefully it's not a mechanic that shows up in future games. :\

turnbuckle

They should limit the amount of times a player can be marked as high value to maybe once per match. Or raise the requirements for marking a player as such. I'm not good enough to have this be an issue (only been marked once I think) but it feels completely cheesey.

They should limit the amount of times a player can be marked as high value to maybe once per match. Or raise the requirements for marking a player as such. I'm not good enough to have this be an issue (only been marked once I think) but it feels completely cheesey.
The only thing that makes me panic worse than the DMR TSCHHH is getting designated HVT. At which point I frantically search for my squadmates. If I get to them I'll just casually hang-out like nothings wrong.

Bombless

I love being designed HVT. Means I'm doing something right.

Edit : After playing a bit with the AS Val, it's a good weapon. Just keep your sidearm at the ready because 21 bullets and a ridiculous fire rate makes it a 1 magazine kill then you're with your pants down. Also scored my first 2 kills with the EOD Bot, stupid Rush attacker snipers camping near their spawn on Lacanang Dam. The best was one of them telling me "yes, yes, congrats, you are very usefull". THAT made my day.

yeah, it needs ... something. being marked once, living and then getting marked again is some bullshit.

zma1013

What I'd hate to see is what has happened in past Battlefield titles, air control being the most important aspect of winning or losing when a team has quality pilots.

In BF2, jets were untouchable to everything except another jet of equal or better skill and they could be huge game changers, often swaying the entire fate of the game if they were left unopposed. The AA options in that game were very inadequate.

In BF3, the jets are a bit more balanced so they don't absolutely rule the game anymore, (except in Rush were Rush jet can dominate completely), but a really good jet pilot can still be untouchable to everything except other jets. It can even kill the AA out of the AA's range quite easily.

In BF4, they seem to be at their weakest as I have a much easier time shooting them down with the plethora of options available. The only problem I'd say in the jet balancing is that most of the maps don't offer adequate room for the jets to fly. It's like I'm flying in a shoe box the boundaries are so small. The only ones offering up flying room are Golmud and Paracel.

I often get marked for doing well and I really don't like it, it's punishing me for doing good. My friend got marked last night and he was 5 - 9 but had the most points but it doesn't always go by most points so I'm not sure how it works. There needs to be some sort of threshold to meet the requirements of HVT, it shouldn't just be the best player on the team at the time because they can still be doing badly then they're really screwed. Needs to be like anyone that goes 15 - 0 or something... no wait, actually I'd rather them just remove it altogether, it's stupid.

turnbuckle

I have no idea how to use jets while playing in Conquest or other modes not named Air Superiority. I feel like they go way too fast even if I'm holding down the entire time and that I can't kill a thing with their guns. I can hit other jets in air superiority only because there are so many targets and so many other players equally as bad as myself.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
TheSeks: You were totally right, i didnt get the 2nd Assault assignments. I got confused with some China Rising ones.

No, you're right: You probably got it like I did (see above) where they show a few of them but then they don't show them again. I haven't seen them outside of that round. They're "live" (since PC players are getting AS-VALs right now) but they aren't "live" live.

Kabuto

I just added a ton of US gaffers from the Google doc.
If I you want to add me
, preferably if you're from the West Coast,
Origin ID: KabutoY

ChrisW

The only problem I'd say in the jet balancing is that most of the maps don't offer adequate room for the jets to fly. It's like I'm flying in a shoe box the boundaries are so small. The only ones offering up flying room are Golmud and Paracel.

I'm really struggling with this too, by the time I've lined up for a shot I've got to pull round cause I'm about to hit a mountain or building

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
No, you're right: You probably got it like I did (see above) where they show a few of them but then they don't show them again. I haven't seen them outside of that round. They're "live" (since PC players are getting AS-VALs right now) but they aren't "live" live.
Ooooohhh so thats why i couldnt find them. @___@
The misterious ways of our based DICE

Hate to be that guy and whine, but I have honest questions about how jets are 'balanced.' Had a guy on Golmud last night go 34-0 last night and while that's not common, what is common is to get killed by the jet and see the guy having scores like 11-2, etc.

And unlike scout choppers, they aren't easily brought down with MAA or Stingers. Unless you're a jet savant, chances are trying to fight fire with fire won't work either.

Which leads me to more whining: I very much like what DICE has done with the automatic homebase anti-air, until I realized 2 minutes into flying in circles above my base that I had no way of spotting the jet chasing me, meaning this would continue until I finally fucked up.

He was using an attack jet I assume? What jet did you use to try to take him on?

From the rooftops!

Annoying D-BAG Sniper: Dance for me peasant!
Me: Fuck you! *Dances*
Annoying D-BAG Sniper: Jackass DMR spammer, go shoot at him as well!
Me: Just kill me already!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
From the rooftops!

Annoying D-BAG Sniper: Dance for me peasant!
Me: Fuck you! *Dances*
Annoying D-BAG Sniper: Jackass DMR spammer, go shoot at him as well!
Me: Just kill me already!

Have you ever danced with the DMRs in the pale moonlight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom