• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who is tired of all the sniping campers? I really wish Dice had limited this class to only a couple of players per map. Especially on some of the bigger maps. I swear I played a game last night where there were more than 10 on the opposing team. During the whole game I could hear the shots wizzing by me. I was afraid to go out doors for gods sake! Lol

thenexus6

So does this 100 xp bonus just automatically go onto your end game progress? It says on menu in blue but when I hit the menu in game theres no boosts there.

Am I the only one who is tired of all the sniping campers? I really wish Dice had limited this class to only a couple of players per map. Especially on some of the bigger maps. I swear I played a game last night where there were more than 10 on the opposing team. During the whole game I could hear the shots wizzing by me. I was afraid to go out doors for gods sake! Lol

I'm only tired of them when they're on my team, ignoring the objectives.

Omni

Oooh. Got one of the new paints in a battle pack. Smexy.
It's so annoying. Especially on Rogue Transmission where they all hide up on that stupid mountain

Anyone ever get the veteran battlepack? I didnt.

Nah, I haven't either.

Anyway, are some of the player appreciation battle pack stuff unique.

I just got this, never seen it before.

wVam5wE.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/pam-has-kicked-off/

PAM has "kicked off." For those asking about it. Happened sometime between midnight and 8AM. So... yeah... Until March 1st between those times EST you got to login. So gogogo play a round?

Nah, I haven't either.

Anyway, are some of the player appreciation battle pack stuff unique.

I just got this, never seen it before.

http://imgur.com/wVam5wE.jpg

Yeah, it's new. Says "Player Appreciation Month" under it in the Battlepack.

^Had no problems with the game since the update in december except being stuck in the loading screen occasionally but that didn't bother me tbh.
But now? If I enter a vehicle there is a 50-50 chance the game crashes and the server browser is fucked up too. WTF Dice?

^Had no problems with the game since the update in december except being stuck in the loading screen occasionally but that didn't bother me tbh.
But now? If I enter a vehicle there is a 50-50 chance the game crashes and the server browser is fucked up too. WTF Dice?

Last night another guy I play with and myself didn't experience any crashing issues when entering a vehicle but then a third friend joined in. His seemed to crash virtually every time.

terrible

Banned
So crashing is back on PS4. Also TDM/Squad DM has a sound glitch where you hear the end of round music on loop instead of the actual in-game sounds. It stops after it loads a new map, assuming it doesn't just crash in between rounds. Oh and there's rubber banding in those modes now too. That's neat I guess.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Anyone know how to get the double XP weekend to actually work? I don't see any of the bonus indicators..
Yeah i played match and didnt get the indicators (The main menu said there was 100% Boost active)

Oh it depends on your time zone. Makes sense.
Also: Cool new dogtag... just the day i cant play :(

Overdoziz

Banned
They're getting more and more creative with the map order in the server browser filter. They're not ordered on alphabet or map pack, and the Second Assault maps are now in lower case unlike all the other ones which are completely in capital letters.

DICE

VariantX

They're probably trying to unlock stuff thanks to some idiotic requirements to unlock things on DICE's part. Whoever designed some of those assignments needs a swift kick in the rear. Assignments should encourage team play rather than disengaging the players from the action.

turnbuckle

They're probably trying to unlock stuff thanks to some idiotic requirements to unlock things on DICE's part. Whoever designed some of those assignments needs a swift kick in the rear. Assignments should encourage team play rather than disengaging the players from the action.

Yup. I have nothing against snipers, but it wouldn't be nearly as annoying if assignments incLuding two very good weapons weren't tied to sniping

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
They're getting more and more creative with the map order in the server browser filter. They're not ordered on alphabet or map pack, and the Second Assault maps are now in lower case unlike all the other ones which are completely in capital letters.

DICE
Oh i hate that!! >__<
BF3 had some maps on lower case too.

DICE

reminds me of BF3 where the Aftermath maps were in all caps for some reason...

-griffy-

Banned
After the most recent patch on PS4, I'm unable to join Air Superiority matches via matchmaking, and searching manually shows only around 4 populated servers, each with less than 4 players. Because after joining one manually you are kicked after a couple minutes with an error message.

Also, the patch notes make mention of adding a deadzone setting for the joysticks and something about FOV, but I see neither in the options menu.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Hey guys, I've had premium almost since release of the game, and I'm missing some of the knives and camos that I'm supposed to be getting. I'm also not getting any veteran items, despite my account having Battlefield 3 and Bad Company 2 records, and getting veteran items in Battlefield 3.

Am I alone here?

EDIT: Wait, upon a closer inspection, I think I've got the premium stuff, but still no Veteran items. Has anyone received Veteran items yet?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Hate to be that guy and whine, but I have honest questions about how jets are 'balanced.' Had a guy on Golmud last night go 34-0 last night and while that's not common, what is common is to get killed by the jet and see the guy having scores like 11-2, etc.

And unlike scout choppers, they aren't easily brought down with MAA or Stingers. Unless you're a jet savant, chances are trying to fight fire with fire won't work either.

Which leads me to more whining: I very much like what DICE has done with the automatic homebase anti-air, until I realized 2 minutes into flying in circles above my base that I had no way of spotting the jet chasing me, meaning this would continue until I finally fucked up.
There's some kind of AA weapon pickup on the ground that will pretty much take down anything in the air. I forget what it's called though, or even where it's located.

Jet aces mostly feed off of other wannabe jet aces, so that's a type of balance, I guess.

Yup, just started playing Conquest in Zavod and everything went ok for a few minutes until I decided to spawn in my squad mate's buggy and the game crashed a few seconds after that into that blue screen. The next two games were stuttery messes and had to stop playing since I felt like breaking my controller in half.

just had a flood zone match where a guy was 62-2 in a littlebird.

fix this shit asap. I suspect he was hacking too but i was the only person on the team using AA launcher to try to stop him too. fucking miserable.

I don't understand how people just play this game so braindead sometimes. They just don't look into doing more than running around with an AR and sniping?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/429669167977119488/178950182/

I crashed at the end of the match when i got into an LAV, of course. Then i rejoined so i could save the game stats.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Someone was repairing him. If you're the only one Stinger-ing them they're obviously gonna stay alive since your damage will be wiped off.

Another thing DICE needs to fix: Mobility needs to be rolled into Disables and Disables should burn. None of this "critical hit" shit since Critical Hits should tie into getting them into disable/burn/crashes faster than "oh you stopped me for five seconds. *backs out as soon as critical stun is done and auto-repair.* LOLOLOLOL"

----

DICe said:
Claim your Player Appreciation Dog Tag
To kick off the month, we want to award you a special bonus dog tag: the Player Appreciation Dog Tag. This can be found in the Player Appreciation Battlepack, and is available between 4AM PST/12PM UTC February 1 and 4AM PST/12PM UTC February 2.

So, uh... yeah. Don't sit on those two you get today. Open them if you care about the dogtag.

yeah i did notice that that other guy got like 11k points just off repairing the heli.

Fucking idiot teammates. I never see anyone pull out AA launchers.

Orcus

The first time I've tried to play since the new patch and it was not a good experience. Last night I tried for 45 minutes to get unto a multiplayer game. It just continually crashed out to the dashboard (XBox1) or the BF menu with the "lost connection to..." error. It would never make it past the black loading screen with the animated cursor. I reset my network connections, rebooted my Xbox, and it didn't matter. This is almost as bad as launch month.

VariantX

So they are saying March for the Vet battlepack fix,
Jesus 5 months for something so stupid.

Shit, I actually forgot all about the Vet battlepacks. I would think this would be a quick fix, but I wonder what screwed things up so badly with this that its taking months to do something that was supposed to be available on the first day.

zma1013

just had a flood zone match where a guy was 62-2 in a littlebird.

fix this shit asap. I suspect he was hacking too but i was the only person on the team using AA launcher to try to stop him too. fucking miserable.

I don't understand how people just play this game so braindead sometimes. They just don't look into doing more than running around with an AR and sniping?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/429669167977119488/178950182/

I crashed at the end of the match when i got into an LAV, of course. Then i rejoined so i could save the game stats.

Rejoining overwrites ur previous stats. If ur just talking about saving the battlelog report it should still save even if u disconnect. No reason to rejoin if u crash late in the game.

turnbuckle

Having a flawless experIence so far with the patch (PS4). Only playing rush and squad death match so far, but played for several hours without a hitch. Just no bonus xp

Omni

Best way to take put armor?, I've only managed once with c4. Takes so many shots
So many shots? Not really.

It takes 3 c4 charges to kill anything. You can probably get away with 2 depending but I like to be safe. 2 RPGs from dead on straight behind or 3-4 at sides or any other angle. Worst case scenario and like 5 if you're attacking from directly in front and he has active protection.

And then you have all the mines. Groups of three SLAMs will destroy all armour, as will 2 ordinary mines. In my experience ordinary mines seem to be spotted more though so it's easier to use groupings of SLAMs

If you're feeling creative then sticking SLAMs to the side of armour and shooting them with a rocket or whatever will give you a OHK

Heysoos

Man, I know this is dumb, but the Skill stat is pissing me off. I am constantly playing objectives, capping flags, and defending objectives? +1. I ignore objectives, play for kills? +5. I do subpar in K/D ratio, but still cosntantly cap objectives, defend, etc? -10.

It's a dumb rant, but fuck.

zma1013

Man, I know this is dumb, but the Skill stat is pissing me off. I am constantly playing objectives, capping flags, and defending objectives? +1. I ignore objectives, play for kills? +5. I do subpar in K/D ratio, but still cosntantly cap objectives, defend, etc? -10.

It's solely based on whether you kill someone with more skill than you or not.

Omni

Skill is silly.

I have a 3 k/d, ~1700 objective captures and ~2000 defends and yet my skill is only hovering around 200 at the moment.

Heysoos

It's solely based on whether you kill someone with more skill than you or not.

So what Dice is telling me is to play for kills not for objectives? Geez.

Also, I don't know if it's lag or random HUGE FPS spikes, but man the X1 version could use more work. It happens at the worse possible times too, turn the corner to shoot an enemy that hasn't seen you and you get hit with a random stutter that doesn't let you shoot.

Edit:

I tried TDM for the first time, joined three matches, none of them had game audio. It was just the theme looping over and over.

:lol OH DICE.

Milennia

Only stat that matters in BF is W/L.

I have carried some damn terrible teammates, even friends.
Too many for this to be the only stat that means anything.

For instance a friend whom i play with is at a 70% win percentage because he only plays with me and does what i tell him to do.

Simo

So crashing is back on PS4. Also TDM/Squad DM has a sound glitch where you hear the end of round music on loop instead of the actual in-game sounds. It stops after it loads a new map, assuming it doesn't just crash in between rounds. Oh and there's rubber banding in those modes now too. That's neat I guess.

Yeah same here. Last night myself and a couple of friends game kept crashing every time you tried sitting or switching to the gunner seat in a vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom