• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ugh, ping bar mysteriously comes and goes. And the last one was in 180ms pingtime. So... I think I'm passing on playing tonight. :/

The only reason I decided to finish them off, was because I had most of the infantry ones naturally through play.

Even the 15 bomber kills and bomber ribbons were easy for me.

Hell, the 3 jet fighter ribbons was surprisingly easy as well...but dear god, it was so mind numbingly zzzzzzzzzzzzz. I used the laser guided missiles to get it. I'm just glad I did in 6 matches.

I hated not being a useful team member. Funny enough the one that I did have trouble with was the get a kill with a portable AA. The pilots/passengers would always bail on the heli.

Milennia

The only reason I decided to finish them off, was because I had most of the infantry ones naturally through play.

Even the 15 bomber kills and bomber ribbons were easy for me.

Hell, the 3 jet fighter ribbons was surprisingly easy as well...but dear god, it was so mind numbingly zzzzzzzzzzzzz. I used the laser guided missiles to get it. I'm just glad I did in 6 matches.

I hated not being a useful team member. Funny enough the one that I did have trouble with was the get a kill with a portable AA. The pilots/passengers would always bail on the heli.
For the kill assist ribbons... I had to snipe with the l96 at 350 meters and aim for the body.

I felt like a piece of shit.
I eve went and ran around a bit and got a couple like that.

Although I'm stupid and should have just spammed locker.

For the kill assist ribbons... I had to snipe with the l96 at 350 meters and aim for the body.

I felt like a piece of shit.
I eve went and ran around a bit and got a couple like that.

Although I'm stupid and should have just spammed locker.

Lol, this is how I felt whilst in the jet. But, like I said, I don't have to do that again, glad I got it, because it would have been a waste of a couple of hours.

At least I can be useful with a ucav and be forced to do something else whilst it recharges.

I'm not sure I'll do the SA ones.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
This issue people are talking about, crashing when entering vehicles, is it prevelant? Has it been addressed?
Havent had one of those since launch.

A couple of undocumented changes ive found (PS4):
- Oil stains catch fire (Hainan), maybe it was there already?
- Missing Timer in Zavod fixed
- MOTHER EFFIN EMBLEMS WORK ON WEAPONS AND VEHICLES!!!
Ive rolling hard with my cute kitten emblem.

Jezbollah

I don't know if it's because I've had a few beers tonight or not.. but one thing that's different from the PC version of BF4 compared to the console version is the chat.. Sometimes I would love to say "gg" at the end of the round on PS4 just to say how I enjoyed the round. ugh

maneil99

New Patch giving anyone direct x crashes? Seems to have done it to me after 3 months of safetly, I have downclocked in that time.

vixlar

It's official. I can't shoot from the gunner position on the tank or the IFV. Anyone else having this problem?

On the plus side, the type 88 is really good at medium-long distances.

It's official. I can't shoot from the gunner position on the tank or the IFV. Anyone else having this problem?

On the plus side, the type 88 is really good at medium-long distances.

This was the bug I was referring to on the previous page but I haven't had an opportunity to play to test it. I'm seeing a lot of complaints about this on reddit.

Timu

wow, that's back? they fixed that two patches ago!
It was fixed?

Yup since this week patch.

Its getting better! Thats something... i guess.
Only slightly.

Ps4 after-patch report:
-Every 2nd conquest match crashes.
-Most of the time no sound in TDM. Only background music sometimes.
-Every now and then enemy doesn't take dmg:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=733245180021155
I made that.

Great fun! No sound, no dmg...

This is fucking embarrasing, DICE.
Wow, that's just madness...

Rizific

been giving the dmrs a shot for the last few days. man, the sks is nasty. i could definitely have some fun with these for a while.

JJD

Ps4 after-patch report:
-Every 2nd conquest match crashes.
-Most of the time no sound in TDM. Only background music sometimes.
-Every now and then enemy doesn't take dmg:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=733245180021155
I made that.

Great fun! No sound, no dmg...

This is fucking embarrasing, DICE.

This is not new. I've had this issue a couple times way before this patch.

Just knife then when it happens. Hopefully it's not getting more common.

TheSeks

Oh, man. Wish I shadowplayed that.

Third Set Zavod 64-player Rush. Enemy is all over it while on defense. 25 or so tickets left. Get into overtime. Grenade down through the "train tracks" to the underground. Take 3 of them out. Switch to C4 as a Carbine Recon. Two down the stairs. Cross over to the other side. One on that side. Detonate. BOOM. 5 or 6 of them. Rush the crate and faceplant. Disarm and win with no one around there from their team to take it out.

Hilarious.

theRizzle

Patch broke my game. It crashes every time I try to enter a vehicle. BF4 PC forums reporting lots of the same.

First issues I've had with the game though, other than the weird sound bug early on that was fixed in the first patch.

Heysoos

How is skill even measured? I left one match because my shitty team decided to camp Zavod's rooftop, while I was the only one capping flags: -18 skill. Is it because I was a measly 9-12 K/D being the only one running around capping flags?

vixlar

I just noticed something:

Scumbag DICE: They gives us an entire month of free battlepacks... February only has 28 days :-(

TheSeks

DICE said:
3) As a capable all around weapon, players have suggested the GALIL ACE 23 is over powered. Players of specific types, especially competitive players, will gravitate towards a weapon that can work in any situation. The ACE 23 is out performed at close range, long range, and has competitors at medium range. We see no need for a change at this time.

Calling bullshit on that. ACE for assault rifles AND carbines are extremely good and have basically no recoil. They need tweaks, no matter how much DICE thinks they don't.

DICE said:
9) Some players have been disappointed in the rate of fire of the G36C carbine, citing it being different from BF3. We understand the feelings of fans when their favorite gun doesn’t work in the same way it was before, however BF4 is its own game, with its own balance, and all weapons received various changes and balance factors. We do not intend to change the rate of fire of the G36C.

Funny, I haven't had issues with the G36C, feels the same as BF3's: Basically an all around kick ass gun that people sleep on because ACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I hate the Chinese Attack Heli so damn much. What a POS, at least the Viper looks cool even if it's still slow as hell.

Edit: Yes, let's use our attack helicopter and fly right into where they have the best anti air defense. Truly a great idea, I mean why be careful and not get instantly killed when he can keep doing that dumb shit over and over. So many shitty pilots.

Milennia

Calling bullshit on that. ACE for assault rifles AND carbines are extremely good and have basically no recoil. They need tweaks, no matter how much DICE thinks they don't.

Funny, I haven't had issues with the G36C, feels the same as BF3's: Basically an all around kick ass gun that people sleep on because ACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Lol, ok fine, dont change it then.
Thats all i have to say on that subject.

23 is fine according to DICE, so now we can safely call it balanced.

lol

Nvzman

Okay, I'm pretty sure this patch made the game WORSE.
Before the patch everything ran 100% fine for me, with occasional rubberbanding. Now, it takes me almost 10 tries to get into the game without it hanging on a black screen or crashing, and the rubberbanding is insane (I was shot at, I ran behind a wall, 3 seconds later I'm dead by a guy nowhere near the wall).
DICE, come on I just wanna enjoy this. I cleared through the campaign for those 3 guns, don't do this to me man.

TheSeks

Lol, ok fine, dont change it then.
Thats all i have to say on that subject.

How do they not need tweaks? Point the gun at someone at any range: hold the trigger, people die.

Whereas most of the other guns have some form of recoil (side to side or "jump") the ACEs don't. They're basic laser guns.

But given the Second Assault guns and MTAR right now? I don't think DICE gets why some people think it needs tweaks.

That's not to say the ACE's damage needs to be tweaked, but it's handling needs to be tweaked slightly.

Milennia

How do they not need tweaks? Point the gun at someone at any range: hold the trigger, people die.

Whereas most of the other guns have some form of recoil (side to side or "jump") the ACEs don't. They're basic laser guns.

But given the Second Assault guns and MTAR right now? I don't think DICE gets why some people think it needs tweaks.

That's not to say the ACE's damage needs to be tweaked, but it's handling needs to be tweaked slightly.

Its not as simple as pointing and holding.
However the gun is dumb as fuck and is the single weapon used in semi-pro=pro battlefield (what exists of it), as well as the most popular weapon overall in pubs outside of the 5c.

How they are ok with this i wont understand, i wont even try to understand.
They have their own stats, they see whats going on, yet they consider it balanced.

They don't mention the L85 or 52/5c in comparison to the other carbines or anything.
Its like anything goes.

W.e i guess.

TheSeks

Its not as simple as pointing and holding.

I'll have to look into the Assault Rifle variant a bit more as I've been busy with the carbines lately, but I feel the Carbine is insanely accurate to where I can say "yes, it is simple as point and shoot."

Close-range? No recoil control needed, simply ADS hold the trigger and a dude is dead within two milliseconds with no sweat. Mid-range is same but adding maybe one two seconds to that. Long-range I feel is no sweat with the carbine whereas with the others (even the MTAR, but that probably isn't an issue for those that use scopes/RDS, et. al unlike me being completely bare) have to burst or other drawbacks.

But I feel both are insanely too good in handling to where "what else would anyone use" is a valid question.

Edit: Wait... you're kinda agreeing with me while also saying "I don't get DICE." Okay...? Right.

The L85A2 is kinda the same but it's slower in rate of fire. It's still good and probably should have some recoil tweaks as well but it isn't as much of a "WHOMG TOP-TIER" gun, IMO. I say that as someone that uses it.

Milennia

I'll have to look into the Assault Rifle variant a bit more as I've been busy with the carbines lately, but I feel the Carbine is insanely accurate to where I can say "yes, it is simple as point and shoot."

Close-range? No recoil control needed, simply ADS hold the trigger and a dude is dead within two milliseconds with no sweat. Mid-range is same but adding maybe one two seconds to that. Long-range I feel is no sweat with the carbine whereas with the others (even the MTAR, but that probably isn't an issue for those that use scopes/RDS, et. al unlike me being completely bare) have to burst or other drawbacks.

But I feel both are insanely too good in handling to where "what else would anyone use" is a valid question.

If your ADSing with the 52 at close range your doing it entirely wrong in the first place, this is one of the reasons its not that simple.

The 52 has some of the best hipfire in the game due to its damage and relatively small hairs.

Its versatile as fuck, one of the most in the game in fact, if not the most.
If you micro burst at 150m you will stay effective, same goes for any other range as long firing will get you nowhere with a 26 shot clip and a slow velocity.

This is why the angled is god tier on this weapon.
Its damage is stupidly good for what it is, and microbursting with a near guaranteed first shot landing is what it is.

My second most used gun at 2500 kills.

The L85 being my number one obviously, and is for good reason.
Rate of fire is crazy and its got 0 recoil when micro bursting along with 0 sway.
Its reload time puts it a class below the 23, however it outranges the 23 to make up for it, even suppressed.

4000 kills with the L85 as of now. (Between both of my platforms)
I know these 2 pretty damn well and I'm 1000% positive they need to be changed.
Recoil for the L85 at range and the damage of the 52.

I have a list of changes that can put the 23 in line after using it in semi-pro=pro GB/esl scrims....
Top of said list are,
horizontal/equal vertical recoil hit, about as much as the L85 has when normal bursting, with slightly less of a hit to the vertical
Damage increase at long range, damage decrease at short-mid
Reduce velocity to coincide with the long range increase

Other options would include a ROF hit to 700 as well as a longer full reload animation, as opposed to a half reload
These are obviously all imo of course, however i have used this gun for well over 40 hours in total at this point, maybe even a bit more due to private and untimed scrims, as well as in high level GB/ESL scrim environments.

As it stands now, the ACE family benefits the most from angled spam, this gun doesn't.
Making these changes, puts it in line with the other galils in terms of niche and flavor as well as removing it from the utmost top spot in ESL/GB and puts it in line with its second, which is a mix between the 52 and the M416.

If they just touch the reload time, it may kill the gun in the top tier.. As you would have a brother to the L85, which isn't used in the slightest in terms of pro play due to its horrendous reload and other options such as the slightly weaker, yet infinitely better in terms of reload cousin, the M416.

When dice nerfs a single component of a gun, it tends to be an over nerf.
They do better when they put multiple angles in line as opposed to a single bandaid such as a reload hit.
All of this taking into account, making carbines and assault rifles feel different being a goal of theirs it seems, so this is an odd subject, but i expected them to at least attempt a balance as opposed to calling bullshit on the whole thing essentially.
Most people who report that a gun needs nerfs, don't even understand why a gun needs nerfs, but this is the case with every balance issue known to man, which is why they themselves need to step up a bit and take matters into their own hands, which they did... However they did so by saying the gun is fine, and people who actually do understand whats wrong with it and have at least a glimmer of an idea in terms of a marginal fix, get pushed aside. They want what they want, its their game i guess.

I would love it if there was a program that was in place, where if you have spent a certain amount of time with a weapon, you can give your feedback on it.

Nobody is perfect in terms of balance, i played WoW amongst other titles at a high level and have seen all sorts of bullshit and all sorts of on the mark changes. I truly think a system, where payers who put in an immense amount of time in with a class/role/weapon can input their issues and have actual feedback, as opposed to twitter Q&As and polls (which is something at least) can do well in helping devs tackle the balancing act.
If this wasn't a AAA developer and company, i wouldn't suggest something as intricate, however it is, and its clear they are searching for better ways of getting player feedback, hence the creation of polls etc.
Just an idea i have had for many years.

In games like WoW (balance issues still apply here), your options for player feedback include,
Twitter
Their forums, where you must be a subscriber to post in, as well as specific beta forums, for those who only have access to beta etc. as well as had a decent amount of people monitoring the forums, such as MVP posters who had direct contact with a small section as well as the class design team, especially in the beta forums, which include ptr after each patch.
And some people even had the option of direct contact with the blizzard team themselves (people in my guilds over the years have had such an option, however this doesn't really apply to DICE and battlefield).

I love this series, and this game past its problems, and i want to see them move forward in the right direction on all fronts, such as taking their time with the next installment and not rushing it out the door, amongst other things that should be expected.
I know many others in this very thread who feel the same way in terms of the series and this game in general.

I rambled hardcore, sorry.
On topic, balance means balance, its why its a touchy subject in every game, as well as extremely difficult overall, some developers have a certain idea or vision for their game and stick with it.
Like the tango, which is a dance, that pretty much sums up everything i just said.

But not really.

1:17AM time for bed.

terrible

Banned
I'm not even sure how to balance the Ace 23 without simply making the L85 the new "best" weapon or making them more or less clones. Nerf both weapons and we're back to BF3's nerf everything mentality.

I'm cool with the Ace 23 being the best overall weapon. Assault having unquestionably the best weapon doesn't unbalance CQ or anything. Imo it's needed to overall balance that class out since they have no real way to take on armor. They should be at an advantage infantry vs infantry as a result. It's only truly unbalanced for Domination and TDM. No reason to run anything but Assault w/ Ace 23 if you want to win in those modes.

ChrisW

So what time in the UK does the battle pack thing kick off? I've seen people saying 12/2pm on the BF website.

Also it doesn't mention which week will be the double xp weekend, anyone know?

Kabuto

So what time in the UK does the battle pack thing kick off? I've seen people saying 12/2pm on the BF website.

Also it doesn't mention which week will be the double xp weekend, anyone know?

From the blog post
Bronze or silver battlepacks are offered daily during the promotion period from 12PM GMT/4AM PST to 11:59AM GMT/3:59 AM PST the next day and are automatically entitled when you log into product during the daily time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom