• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm on PC and had no idea you could zoom the map on the deploy screen.

Yeah, it's one of those hidden feature things to see like the commander for tatical but no one uses it. We just want to get back to the action. The map could be shrunk down and the menu be WASD'd like BF3's and nothing of value would be lost. :/

BR lags and arms the bomb once, but we still win

That chat lag though. A good five minutes before all the text would fly up.

I have a noob question: I have a stock pile of Battlepacks that I haven't used and I'm going to start using them. Should I open them all at once, or one by one?

The reason I'm asking is because I opened a couple of bronze ones and they both had 25% XP boosts for an hour of multiplayer... So does that mean that I now get 2 hours of boost? Or did I just waste one?

I have a noob question: I have a stock pile of Battlepacks that I haven't used and I'm going to start using them. Should I open them all at once, or one by one?

The reason I'm asking is because I opened a couple of bronze ones and they both had 25% XP boosts for an hour of multiplayer... So does that mean that I now get 2 hours of boost? Or did I just waste one?
Don't worry you didnt lose any boost. They won't activate until you do them through the pause menu in-game.

terrible

Banned
Symthic updated. F2000 is rather disappointing in terms of side recoil and reload time. It's longer than L85's.

DMR buffs are also on it. ACE 53 looks like a clear winner. I would assume so when trying it out.

Good lord, how? Consider me extremely disappointed. Pre-nerf in BF3 it was my fav gun.

TheSeks

Even with the nerf in BF3 it was still good. I don't think a longer reload is gonna not have it rolling over faces in BF4.

terrible

Banned
Even with the nerf in BF3 it was still good. I don't think a longer reload is gonna not have it rolling over faces in BF4.

It was nerfed beyond use in BF3. Basically we were left with a gun that wanted to be an AEK but did everything worse. There was no point to it other than it looking cool.

Milennia

The F2000 is still god tier in pubs, the reload time makes it unplayable in ESL/gb just like the L85 before it.
Still a good weapon for everything else, easily top 3 for ARs.

DarkFlow

Banned
I normally like servers that Auto balance and all that, but this one fucking server keeps Auto balancing me to the losing team. We were up like 500 to 100 and it decides it needs to move me when I'm in 3rd place on me team, seems like a great idea.

nampad

Hey can I get a little help with the campaign? (I know, weird right?)

I am LTTP.... anyways

Just got to the first part where you drive tanks, in the typhoon. I have no idea how I'm supposed to do this level. There's like 5-6 tanks wandering around, any one of which seems to take out my tank in 2-3 shots. Do I hop tanks? Am I supposed to swap off vehicles? Do I take them out with handheld anti armour?

I've tried all of these but after dying like 50 times I decided the level was pretty shitty. Was so odd. Game was kind of enjoyable until I hit this absurd brick wall of difficulty. Even when scouring through the "digital manual" seeing if there was some button or control or thing you're supposed to do with the tank... nope, it's just a really, really bad tank game. Seemingly.

Can anyone offer advice here or is it just a terribly designed level?

edit - now I've got a twitter pal saying you have to swap between the tank and APC so one can "heal"? is that seriously the idea?

Just take it slow and you won't run into many tanks because they spawn when you reach certain spots.
Died at first too, but when I took it sloe it was just 1-2 tanks at a time.

...You could already do that
ON PC
just you have to zoom the map in and then scroll it like the Commander mode map. Was pretty stupid and while I'm glad DICE fixed it it wasn't a "mission critical" fix, just people needed to know how the spawn screen worked.

(Though the spawn screen in 4 is pretty awful outside of the heads up. I'd rather have WASD kit selection like BF3 PC again)

LMAO what? I already did that during launch week like Gamestop said to do and people were "ZOMG WTF HOW ARE YOU GETTING 2XP" on PC and I'm like "well, I preordered at Gamestop for faster install/'download' times from a DVD..."

Cue that Hi I'm Daisy Big Boss naming.gif here.

I'm on the side that it's a glitch, unless DICE is somehow fixing a pre-order bonus from five months back...

The rate of fire is fine. The problem is faster/higher damage guns outclass it but that's because DICE can't balance on a higher fire/lower per-bullet damage and slower fire/higher-damage calculations because people would just abuse that.

As for the Magazine size: AIM BETTER, NUB.

It was good in the beta, and it's good in the final. Just with more guns in the equation it gets outclassed. It's farrrrrrrrr from a shitty gun.

Oh yeah, it is severely outclassed by so many weapons without one redeeming point. But better start name calling, really forgot why I didn't already ignore you after your PSP2 and PS+ bullshit.

TheSeks

It was nerfed beyond use in BF3. Basically we were left with a gun that wanted to be an AEK but did everything worse. There was no point to it other than it looking cool.

Iron sights were good. In close-quarters like Metro it rolls over the AEK anyday.

It's basically an "sub-machine gun" in assault rifle clothing. I found it HIGHLY more mobile than the other assault rifles but had range issues in BF3.

nampad said:
>>Whining<<

Xi3k34V.gif

Not my fault you can't hit the broadside of a barn with the starting LMG. Even when it's "outclassed" it still is a decent weapon. Get good and all that.

Here's the shocking development and why I "insult" you: All the guns are decent and have feel. Even the MTAR which I find pretty terrible. The MK5 starting LMG is probably the best LMG until you reach the LSAT or QBB-95.

But hey, you probably have me on "ignore" now (thanks for letting me know about that, I laughed a good five minutes at that) and won't get this but whatever. Not that I give a shit. Rock on. *thumbs up*

The F2000 is still god tier in pubs, the reload time makes it unplayable in ESL/gb just like the L85 before it.
Still a good weapon for everything else, easily top 3 for ARs.

Which is really all that matters: Who the hell is going to be playing Competitive Battlefield with all the changes DICE does toward making it not "Game Battle"/ESL/whatever friendly.

In fact that brings up a thought: Did anyone even use the in-game tournament organization shit they patched into BF3? I think "pro" players pretty much dropped BF3 after like... that... USA vs the world or whatever tournament like... after Back to Karkand and before the other expansions hit.

TheSeks

Looking at that, the reload times are slightly slower than the AEK's... which, most people don't have a problem with? I'm not really seeing the issue here?

The only thing that may throw people off is the cone(?) that first image you're showing is. ACE is mostly a straight line and up
and why DICE needs to tweak the control-factor of the ACEs
while the F2000 is all over the place after the first bullet(?) or burst jump.

Looking at that it seems more wild than BF3's which is weird as BF3's was pretty rock solid after the nerf. Guess I should go to Symthic to see if the cone is different from BF3's.

TheSeks

I just looked at the F2000's recoil pattern and unless my tired eyes are playing with me, it seems like DICE made the F2000's BF4 recoil pattern tighter than then BF3 variant.

I think it'll still be a pretty deadly and good gun in the right hands.

Crakatak187 said:
Ace 23 and M416 has similar recoil patterns actually.

M416 kicks up and to the right. ACE kicks... up. That's about it. Very minor pull to the right. Which is why I feel it's too "laser gun" the minor deviance in it's recoil is so minor it doesn't even "feel" there.

Edit: And looking at that image again the L85A2 pulls straight up with like... no deviation in any direction. WTH?

L85 is similar as well. The 3 guns feels mostly the same. Ace 23 is the middle ground between M416 and L85. Slower reload than the M416 and a bit more recoil than the L85.

F2000's horizontal recoil can't be reduced much at all, so it has limited potential.

TheSeks

F2000's horizontal recoil can't be reduced much at all, so it has limited potential.

Nah. I wouldn't say limited. At range it's obviously going to be out-gunned by the ACE, L85, M416 Assault Rifles, but in close-range like Locker or Metro or Oman's second set? It'll be popping people in the face. I'd even go so far as to say close-to-mid by about... 100-150 meters it'd still be competitive due to the tight 3(?) shot burst before it starts to go wild on the 4-5th (Symthic says 5, but I only see Green/1st, Yellow/2nd, Orange/3rd, Red/4-5th?) shot. So tap-tap-tap it and it'll still do pretty good in those ranges.

Like I said: It seems more an "SMG"/PDW in Assault Rifle clothing for that range of guns.

Milennia

Iron sights were good. In close-quarters like Metro it rolls over the AEK anyday.

It's basically an "sub-machine gun" in assault rifle clothing. I found it HIGHLY more mobile than the other assault rifles but had range issues in BF3.

Xi3k34V.gif

Not my fault you can't hit the broadside of a barn with the starting LMG. Even when it's "outclassed" it still is a decent weapon. Get good and all that.

Here's the shocking development and why I "insult" you: All the guns are decent and have feel. Even the MTAR which I find pretty terrible. The MK5 starting LMG is probably the best LMG until you reach the LSAT or QBB-95.

But hey, you probably have me on "ignore" now (thanks for letting me know about that, I laughed a good five minutes at that) and won't get this but whatever. Not that I give a shit. Rock on. *thumbs up*

Which is really all that matters: Who the hell is going to be playing Competitive Battlefield with all the changes DICE does toward making it not "Game Battle"/ESL/whatever friendly.

In fact that brings up a thought: Did anyone even use the in-game tournament organization shit they patched into BF3? I think "pro" players pretty much dropped BF3 after like... that... USA vs the world or whatever tournament like... after Back to Karkand and before the other expansions hit.

They choose not to hit the only viable weapons, and what you get is only the viable weapons.

Its all in my write up pages ago.
Until they hit the 23 everything else is less viable in this scene.
When they do, and depending on how its hit, then you will see deviation.
And yeah, pro scrims still exist in battlefield, i play them. (If you were suggesting they didn't?)

Milennia

Edit: And looking at that image again the L85A2 pulls straight up with like... no deviation in any direction. WTH?

This has been apparent since the guns debut in BF4, i myself have even brought it up multiple times in this very thread and its why the gun is my top played in pubs.

It doesn't make sense and i can stay effective with the gun at over 250m because of it, as well as the fact I'm well versed in how it handles.
Among the other top assault rifles in the game, it benefits extremely well from an angled grip, which only adds to its immense ranged capability.
The other option obviously being the ergo, which it also benefits from quite well depending on the map.

The grip enhancement discussion is something to bring into light as well.

In high level play, there is one grip, this being the ergo.
This is due to the nature of the beast so to speak, just as the red dot (not even necessity, just an added bonus) and silencer are near staple in pro COD (comparing is fine in this case as high level COD play and battlefield play are extremely similar, except COD actually works in this sense and trounces battlefield in every way shape and form in terms of esports as of now)

A good irl friend of mine is extremely well versed in professional COD, so thats where such knowledge comes from, is a sub for a team in the official circuit.

Not that its a big deal in terms of attatchments, but this is something that isn't exactly favorable on terms of a varied high level multiplayer environment, which is something all multiplayer devs want.

TheSeks

They choose not to hit the only viable weapons, and what you get is only the viable weapons.

Its all in my write up pages ago.
Until they hit the 23 everything else is less viable in this scene.
When they do, and depending on how its hit, then you will see deviation.
And yeah, pro scrims still exist in battlefield, i play them. (If you were suggesting they didn't?)

I was more suggesting who can take BF seriously with the lack of variety in "pro" play. Like you said a bit back: The ACE and L85(?) are the top two Assault Rifles for "scrim"/pro play. That's mostly because of their recoil and damage than anything, I feel.

It's like "competitive Pokemon," people play that but I just have to scratch my head because it's throwing a lot of variables out (in this case: weapons like the F2000 and other guns that are good in non-Scrim) because the game (BF in this case, though Pokemon in this sentence) just isn't built for that sort of thing (competitive play).

...Though, honestly: I'm not sure how they could make Battlefield competitive in a pro-play way. Classes have too many variables to tweak/tune for that.

This has been apparent since the guns debut in BF4, i myself have even brought it up multiple times in this very thread and its why the gun is my top played in pubs.

It doesn't make sense and i can stay effective with the gun at over 250m because of it, as well as the fact I'm well versed in how it handles.

Just looked at the BF3 scatter-plot again: L85A2's scatter in BF4 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tighter than BF3's. So again: WTH DICE?

I mean in BF3 it was good already. Slow-firing and low recoil so faster firing guns like the FAMAS would beat it, but it was a good controlling gun. Now it's a total laser. WTH?

TheSeks

Woah, that range. 86(0?) metters for a carbine seems pretty insane. That's like... carbine/"SMG"s on Engineer in BC2 levels of "holy shit." :lol

Milennia

I was more suggesting who can take BF seriously with the lack of variety in "pro" play. Like you said a bit back: The ACE and L85(?) are the top two Assault Rifles for "scrim"/pro play. That's mostly because of their recoil and damage than anything, I feel.

It's like "competitive Pokemon," people play that but I just have to scratch my head because it's throwing a lot of variables out (in this case: weapons like the F2000 and other guns that are good in non-Scrim) because the game (BF in this case, though Pokemon in this sentence) just isn't built for that sort of thing (competitive play).

...Though, honestly: I'm not sure how they could make Battlefield competitive in a pro-play way. Classes have too many variables to tweak/tune for that.

Just looked at the BF3 scatter-plot again: L85A2's scatter in BF4 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tighter than BF3's. So again: WTH DICE?

I mean in BF3 it was good already. Slow-firing and low recoil so faster firing guns like the FAMAS would beat it, but it was a good controlling gun. Now it's a total laser. WTH?

I honestly feel that its something they haven't noticed or over looked.
The minute i got it.... I knew something was up with the gun.

100%vertical recoil is a complete joke to control and you can overcome it after a few games. Once i noticed thats all this gun was...
But I'm sure they will say it is outclassed at extreme close range or something and leave it alone lol. Fine with me, i love the damn thing. I have acknowledged the issue and brought it up, theres nothing more i can do lol.

------

Ah yes, the lack of variety is a mess indeed.
I have brought up that exact point in my edit, but you got to the post early :p

I honestly cannot think of a single thing that could make this game work well in terms of high level play, outside of refining its carbon copy of CODs pro scene.
Maybe the police title will surprise us with something (holy shit i have been waiting to bring that up in this thread) in terms of small scale high level play, as i can see a police theme conquest existing lol, yet we know nothing beyond the theme, so we will see I'm sure.

In BF5 maybe we can have a smaller scale conquest pro scene, (not domination) 16 players maximum.
They are at least attempting to create a scene, so i guess well see how it evolves with the next mainline iteration, or even spinoffs.
(I don't count bad company as a spin off, so bad company 3 is included in mainline)

Milennia

It's a carbine in name only to me. It's basically an assault rifle for everybody.

Yep, it is what it is.
I don't know a single person who has picked this up and hasn't been floored by it.
People who aren't even well versed in the game or the weapons in general can feel this thing.

Yeah, when I first picked it up I was killing people mid range on full auto. This is without any attachments, and it was literally mowing down 2-3 guys with a single clip.

Mully

Yeah, when I first picked it up I was killing people mid range on full auto. This is without any attachments, and it was literally mowing down 2-3 guys with a single clip.

It has no recoil too which makes it a laser. I think about 20-30 seconds into my video, I tag a guy from 50 meters away with a headshot after a short burst. Having said that, I love using it but I feel slightly bored by it at this point.

terrible

Banned

The AEK has a better TTK and can more reliably hit your target at all ranges. The better hipfire on the F2000 is mostly irrelevant to be honest and the negatives outweigh the positives. The ADS spread + horizontal recoil kills it.

edit: I probably should have said the F2000 is pointless rather than useless though. It's still better than a lot of ARs, it's just the AEK fills a similar role but does it better in basically every way.

It has no recoil too which makes it a laser. I think about 20-30 seconds into my video, I tag a guy from 50 meters away with a headshot after a short burst. Having said that, I love using it but I feel slightly bored by it at this point.

A weapon can be too good. It's like playing a game without cheats and with it. Once the glamor of cheating is gone you get bored.

Well I sent the request. You can meet the rest of the other PS4 obliteration gaf during normal playtime. Which is 6 pm-11pm PST. Except JM and wes. They are contracted killers.

We try to win most of the time, but we do mess around.

Milennia

The AEK has a better TTK and can more reliably hit your target at all ranges. The better hipfire on the F2000 is mostly irrelevant to be honest and the negatives outweigh the positives. The ADS spread + horizontal recoil kills it.

Nothing kills it, which would mean the gun isn't worth using.
Hipfire and ROF can easily make a gun, as is proof with the tar.
In practice, the F2000 can quite easily kill at 150m with proper handle and an angled.

Much more reliably than an aek in my experience.

I use it when i want to stay effective in a small scale environment as well as have kill potential at medium range.

Works well, does what it wants to do, and the other top assault rifles, being the 23 and L85, fill their roles just as well.
Its a tar that has shit reload time and can kill at range that is exclusive to assault, it is what it is.
I have used it a bunch and find it very fitting coming from a 23-52 and L85, it fills a nice niche, that i find a decent use for on maps such as zavod,

Mully

A weapon can be too good. It's like playing a game without cheats and with it. Once the glamor of cheating is gone you get bored.

Well I sent the request. You can meet the rest of the other PS4 obliteration gaf during normal playtime. Which is 6 pm-11pm PST. Except JM and wes. They are contracted killers.

We try to win most of the time, but we do mess around.

Great. I'd be happy to mess with you guys. I'm over here on the East Coast. That time works out perfectly for me.

terrible

Banned
Nothing kills it, which would mean the gun isn't worth using.
Hipfire and ROF can easily make a gun, as is proof with the tar.
In practice, the F2000 can quite easily kill at 150m with proper handle and an angled.

Much more reliably than an aek in my experience.

I use it when i want to stay effective in a small scale environment as well as have kill potential at medium range.

Works well, does what it wants to do, and the other top assault rifles, being the 23 and L85, fill their roles just as well.
Its a tar that has shit reload time and can kill at range that is exclusive to assault, it is what it is.
I have used it a bunch and find it very fitting coming from a 23-52 and L85, it fills a nice niche, that i find a decent use for on maps such as zavod,

I find the complete opposite. The AEK's lethal range extends quite a lot further than the F2000's in BF3. The F2000 only stays competitive within 100M imo, but even then the larger ADS spread hurts it compared to the AEK.

As i have stated previously, the ACE52 is a thing.
A damn serious thing.

As much as I love the ACE 52 I do find it inconsistent against sprinting enemies though. It's the bullet travel speed at work I guess? In CQ I tend to just go with the AK5C instead since I'm more confident that I can drop a moving enemy at around 100M with it.

Since you love the L85 I figure I might as well add my opinion on that too lol. I haven't used it a ton but good lord, I shoot at everything that moves up to 200M which leads to a typically average to mediocre accuracy with most of my guns but I'm over 23% with it as of this post (PS4, autoaim off). It's a tap firing demon. It has certain issues (reload speed, single shot accuracy, etc) but it's lovely non the less.

Great. I'd be happy to mess with you guys. I'm over here on the East Coast. That time works out perfectly for me.

Usually we play with 2-5 people, but sometimes the other gaffers pop in. Since we already have a lot of people I tend to not add people because I'm too lazy.

Any other PS4 gaffers that need people to play with should just add me. You'll run into other PS4 gaffers by proxy.
PSN: Crakatak187

Strikerrr

Banned
Woah, that range. 86(0?) metters for a carbine seems pretty insane. That's like... carbine/"SMG"s on Engineer in BC2 levels of "holy shit." :lol

It does use 7.62 NATO rounds which should have better range and damage compared to the 5.56/5.45/5.8 that the rest of the carbines use. It's actually more of a battle rifle like the G3 or SCAR-H.

Milennia

I find the complete opposite. The AEK's lethal range extends quite a lot further than the F2000's in BF3. The F2000 only stays competitive within 100M imo, but even then the larger ADS spread hurts it compared to the AEK.

I have used it, not only an hour ago in fact.
I kill at the same range i kill with a 23 (not an L85), something the aek will not do as it isn't affective with an angled due to missing out on an ergo, which the gun needs for what it is.

Im very competitive with the gun at these extreme ranges in terms of assault rifles.
I find it extremely simple to handle as well as stated previously, its niche, which is something aek is not capable of at nearly the proper amount of efficiency.

Versatility.
Cannot even count how many time i have medium-long range gibbed somebody only to run into a building and remain effective at hip fire range.

My weapons are balanced around the use of an angled/ergo, and the aek is an ergo, whilst the 2000 is an angled.
For reference,
High level play- 23/ergo, pubs-23/angled
Pubs- L85/angled
Pubs- F2000/angled, ergo zavod

terrible

Banned
I have used it, not only an hour ago in fact.
I kill at the same range i kill with a 23 (not an L85), something the aek will not do as it isn't affective with an angled due to missing out on an ergo, which the gun needs for what it is.

Im very competitive with the gun at these extreme ranges in terms of assault rifles.
I find it extremely simple to handle as well as stated previously, its niche, which is something aek is not capable of at nearly the proper amount of efficiency.

Versatility.
Cannot even count how many time i have medium-long range gibbed somebody only to run into a building and remain effective at hip fire range.

I was talking about BF3, my bad for being off-topic lol. I haven't used the F2000 in BF4 so I can't comment on it in this game at all.

Or are you talking about BF3? The Ace/L85 talk threw me off hah.

Milennia

I was talking about BF3, my bad for being off-topic lol. I haven't used the F2000 in BF4 so I can't comment on it in this game at all.

Oh damn lol, i assumed BF4 lol, in which case, yes i agree lol.
I adored the aek in bf3.

Also yeah, the L85 is just dumb.
It used to be my secret weapon until its stats released and word of mouth got out:p
I shoots at people i wouldn't normally shoot at because of this thing, opens up so many possible windows in a given situation.
Gun is a damn swiss army knife.

Edit: just a side note for those that are going for the AS VAL/gimped VSS- the gun must be used at close range to stay effective with an ergo.
I recommend ergo for this guy 100% of the time actually.
Its still mildly effective at mid range, but make no mistake, this gun is made for getting around enemies and sneaking around, ninja capping objectives.
Think of it as an assassin weapon, or a ninja weapon lol.

Schlep

There's definitely something wrong after this patch. I don't know what they did to the netcode, but almost every death for me is a headshot now. This last round I counted 10 headshot deaths out of 12 total. Making me not want to play the game until the next patch.

Edit: This is exactly the kinda shit I'm experiencing since the patch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkQDtOYim6M

Has something changed graphically since the latest patch ? It seems to run ever so slightly better, less stutter, frame rate steadier. It also doesn't look as blurry ? Did they adjust the AA method somehow ? Game looks slightly jaggier but everything looks much sharper in the distance.

It could be nothing, i haven't played the game in a month or so.

TheSeks

Oh my god, this Gold Battlepack... two camos (okay...), a Tactical Light for the MP-412 (meh...), an Emblem (woo?), and a... 25% EXP boost.

So awful. I just want the Tri-beam Laser on the FN P90. Of course they're gonna make me do 410 kills for the entire Battlepacks for the FN P90 to even get that. :(

Not that it matters since I was gonna do that anyway, but come on PAM...

edit: I probably should have said the F2000 is pointless rather than useless though. It's still better than a lot of ARs, it's just the AEK fills a similar role but does it better in basically every way.

In BF3, post-nerf; it was still deadly. I honestly forget what DICE did (lowered the damage, made more recoil?) but it was still a good controlling gun. Does the AEK have a faster TTK? Sure. But the F2000 has a faster ADS for like... Metro's ticket-counter to the exit/A flag close-mid range engagement. Use it like a PDW and you'd be rolling in dead bodies with a faster mobility than the AEK or the other assault rifles.

It does use 7.62 NATO rounds which should have better range and damage compared to the 5.56/5.45/5.8 that the rest of the carbines use. It's actually more of a battle rifle like the G3 or SCAR-H.

Right, but in a game should it be that way?

Facism

Wankbank Dam. Enemy Attack Boat never leaves it's spawn, just trying to TV missile everything.

Easy win. I stopped taking him out when i realised that other players might use thr attack boat properly.

Also, second time i've had an enemy scout chopper LAND on my slams LOL. Protecting my rear as i cap A and this low flying dipper flys low enough to set them off.

lol seks i just got a coyote for the ak-12 in the silver battlepack today.

So before the update I didn't have any crash. Now I've crashed in 3 out of 10 games.

Good job, DICE. I'm sorry but this is beyond ridiculous. Instead of organising a "player appreciation month". Why don't you organize a fucking meeting.

Crash roundup (since the latest patch - PC, XBOX and PS4):

New Patch giving anyone direct x crashes? Seems to have done it to me after 3 months of safetly, I have downclocked in that time.

Ps4 after-patch report:
-Every 2nd conquest match crashes.
-Most of the time no sound in TDM. Only background music sometimes.
-Every now and then enemy doesn't take dmg:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=733245180021155
I made that.

Great fun! No sound, no dmg...

This is fucking embarrasing, DICE.

Just had a crash during a round of conquest on ps4. Been a while since I've had a crash during a round.

Patch broke my game. It crashes every time I try to enter a vehicle. BF4 PC forums reporting lots of the same.

First issues I've had with the game though, other than the weird sound bug early on that was fixed in the first patch.

Okay, I'm pretty sure this patch made the game WORSE.
Before the patch everything ran 100% fine for me, with occasional rubberbanding. Now, it takes me almost 10 tries to get into the game without it hanging on a black screen or crashing, and the rubberbanding is insane (I was shot at, I ran behind a wall, 3 seconds later I'm dead by a guy nowhere near the wall).
DICE, come on I just wanna enjoy this. I cleared through the campaign for those 3 guns, don't do this to me man.

^Had no problems with the game since the update in december except being stuck in the loading screen occasionally but that didn't bother me tbh.
But now? If I enter a vehicle there is a 50-50 chance the game crashes and the server browser is fucked up too. WTF Dice?

Last night another guy I play with and myself didn't experience any crashing issues when entering a vehicle but then a third friend joined in. His seemed to crash virtually every time.

So crashing is back on PS4. Also TDM/Squad DM has a sound glitch where you hear the end of round music on loop instead of the actual in-game sounds. It stops after it loads a new map, assuming it doesn't just crash in between rounds. Oh and there's rubber banding in those modes now too. That's neat I guess.

Yup, just started playing Conquest in Zavod and everything went ok for a few minutes until I decided to spawn in my squad mate's buggy and the game crashed a few seconds after that into that blue screen. The next two games were stuttery messes and had to stop playing since I felt like breaking my controller in half.

just had a flood zone match where a guy was 62-2 in a littlebird.

fix this shit asap. I suspect he was hacking too but i was the only person on the team using AA launcher to try to stop him too. fucking miserable.

I don't understand how people just play this game so braindead sometimes. They just don't look into doing more than running around with an AR and sniping?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/429669167977119488/178950182/

I crashed at the end of the match when i got into an LAV, of course. Then i rejoined so i could save the game stats.

The first time I've tried to play since the new patch and it was not a good experience. Last night I tried for 45 minutes to get unto a multiplayer game. It just continually crashed out to the dashboard (XBox1) or the BF menu with the "lost connection to..." error. It would never make it past the black loading screen with the animated cursor. I reset my network connections, rebooted my Xbox, and it didn't matter. This is almost as bad as launch month.

Yeah same here. Last night myself and a couple of friends game kept crashing every time you tried sitting or switching to the gunner seat in a vehicle.

2 PS4 crashes since the patch today. Had none since December, wtf

Ok WTF I was very rarely getting crashes but had 2/4 games crash yesterday what is Dice doing?

I had a crash yesterday as well (PS4) on Zavod. First one in well over a month, I'm pretty sure.

Game is totally borked. No sounds will play properly. Just the end of round theme on endless loop. Had to power off the system to fix it. Why do I discover a new bug every day with this game?

Played earlier today and had 3 or 4 crashes and massive rubberbanding on a number of maps. I'm crashing more after this latest patch than I ever have.

There's definitely something wrong after this patch. I don't know what they did to the netcode, but almost every death for me is a headshot now. This last round I counted 10 headshot deaths out of 12 total. Making me not want to play the game until the next patch.

TheSeks

lol seks i just got a coyote for the ak-12 in the silver battlepack today.

Honestly, I'm not even sure why I bother opening these. Outside of the possibility of the PAM dogtags and maybe finally getting my Bowie Knife (the only one left) most of the accessories (scopes, lights) I won't really use. Unless the Tactical Light that turns on while ADS is really good... like... BF3 Tactical Light good on being easy-mode. :/

I mean once I get all the FN P90 Battlepacks and grab them, if I opened them after getting the stuff in Gold/Silver packs, I'd just get XP boosts. :/ I really wish DICE would change the system to where if you have all the attachments/done before the weapon Battlepacks and are in like 80-110 range, you get other weapons Battlepacks over XP boosts. But they plan to sell these so... :/

I'm dying at that RPG-7 dodge and "NOPE" I need to .gif that.

Also why is doing Network Smoothing/whatever at 0? The default is 50. For the sake of testing he should use that since that's going to be the "default" for most people that can't be bothered to go lower due to the netcode/various netcode-related issues.

As for Zh1nt0's quote (Fersis will come to his aid I'm sure), Zh1nt0 has been a pretty awful community manager. IIRC he dropped that and is a "consultant" for DICE now while doing... god knows, some other game? His own studio? Something.

He said the same shit with BF3 but even then "pro" players didn't consider it competitive enough. DICE should stop with the competitive aspirations (even CoD isn't "competitive" at some level) and just make the game fun to play. It's like they lost this plan during BC2 to BF3 development. :/

The only thing they needed to do (and I know a lot of BC2 veterans are going to disagree) was:

-Tweak gunplay (BF3 nearly had it and BF4 "has" it but the lower TTK kinda ruins it)
-Tweak Rush (no harming the crates, something they added to BF3-4 and I feel helps the mode a lot better)
-Tweak destruction (BF3 knee-jerked too hard. It's too early to say, but I feel BF4 kinda "got" it except I entered a Zavod round that was nearly as "moon" is as BC2 maps. The entire forest was cleared on BOTH sides in 20 mins on Sabotage. WTF?
-Fix the fucking Helicopters (done. Though... Stingers and IGLA and Mobile AA/various AA options do hinder Helicopters air-ability at times unless in EXTREMELY GOOD/pro-pilot that still ruins servers play)
-Add 1-3 more flags in Conquest so the maps are Odd numbered in Conquest flags than Even so ticket bleed constantly happens (kinda did in "Conquest Large" but that doesn't help when "Conquest" is just the last-gen console version map variants)
-Tweak modes for their target player-counter (64 player Rush can work... provided they make maps and tweak the mode to fit that)

Now as far as DLC is concerned:

-Guns should be balanced during the development of the "base" game. F2000 and GOL firing lasers weeks before the game gets them? No such thing because you would have tweaked and tuned these guns like the base guns BEFORE the game launched and then stealth cut them for DLC buying purposes. (Yes, you may kill me for giving them the "Capcom" method of DLC but for the sake of balance it's probably for the best. No more crazy MTAR and GOLs)
-Modes shouldn't be added if they aren't going to be supported in the base game and earlier/later expansions: AGAIN, plan these during the development and then cut them out if need be. Though I'd honestly give the modes out a la "VIP" and say they're DLC when they really aren't and like the guns are on disc.

Now as for the maps themselves:

-Do those during DLC planning/"future support" of the title. Those are the things in the expansions that REALLY need to be tweaked and tested during DLC/future time. The guns and modes can fit in those with testing time. The guns and modes are separate and not part of the expansions despite what DICE thinks.

As far as modes are concerned:

-Rush
-Conquest
-Sabotage/Obliteration
-Capture the Flag
(-Team Deathmatch if they can fix the spawns and maybe make the maps slightly larger than they are by like... 100 meters for the sake of more spawns, but this doesn't work in 32-player MUCH LESS 64-player at this moment and it doesn't even feel like BF/BF's strengths to bother with it)

DLC:

-Air Superiority can come back if they make "air versions" of the maps. It's completely possible for them to do given they do these "large map sizes" for out of bounds/flying in normal gameplay. Like they moved the bounds for other modes in BC2, they can do that here.
-Domination (redundant with Conquest but some people like that sort of thing)
-Headquarters (for the casuals) but probably would give "OMG XP!" so they probably won't do this
-Tweak S&D/Defuse if they're going to bring it back, but honestly I can't see it fitting Battlefield like Deathmatch really doesn't. So they should probably forget it.

Wow, I wrote a lot of shit that no one will care about. But yeah, as far as "casual"/non-pro-elite play is concerned these would help.

Kak.efes

Caved and bought premium last night. I'm rewarding EA for releasing a broken game, but fact of the matter is I'd rather spend my time playing BF4 (when it's working properly), than just about most games out there currently.

Facism

i fucking laugh at the concept of competitive play in this game. Not with it's netcode and constant rebalancing of things that might annoy people mildly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom