• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. The crappy netcode makes shit too random for any sort of competitive gameplay environment.
To me, the same goes for any other popular console shooter out there; even the ones with relatively "good" netcode (but BF4's been decent to me). Unless you can get a online experience that is close to a 1:1 representation of a match that's played locally, it's not worth playing the game too competitively online;even if the design is up to snuff ( like Halo for example). Basically no console shooter meets that criteria to me, can't speak for pc games though.

nampad

Finally made the bugged jump to the ladder. What did I do different? I picked up a weapon of one of those two enemies before the jump. Apparently my loadout was glitched so I couldn't grab the ladder.

Erban1

Yes, so long as the target is sitting still. Once they accelerate, the slams will go off.

Hmm...I got one stuck to the side of a tank yesterday, tank moved and it never went off...which is why I asked, just wondered if I could use a rocket or grenade to manually set off the slam.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You can't use a grenade to set off your SLAM.

And it takes a few minutes for the SLAM to recognize that it's "in motion" to detonate. It's a little funky, but hilarious to pull off.

"Oh, you thought you got me after I SLAMed you and repair torched? FUCK YOU FROM THE AFTERLIFE"

Omni

I don't like the ACE 52.

Tried using it for the first time yesterday expecting something really awesome... and meh. Probably just not adjusted to it yet, but I find the AK5C much more versatile. Something about the way it 'feels' when firing. Can't explain it *shrugs*

DarkFlow

Banned
I wish mantle worked on my 6870, you know on a card it would really help. Oh well I'll have a GTX 780 next week anyway, good bye AMD!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
PP-2000 is my jam. Ranked that gun up faster than any of the others!
I'll try the PDW-R tonight. I don't think I've used it more than once or twice.

That was my main PDW before switching. It's got style, but the PDW-R has that wonderful fire-rate and hip-accuracy that I need in close-quarters.

Also, I've gotten killed by more people with "0" health remaining today than I can count. Why does this happen? 0, none, nothing, no health remaining! Argh!

Bombless

After an initial very bad impression, I put some time into the AS Val (one service medal) and good god, this weapon is a death spitter. It's easy to use but difficult to master too, managing to kill multiple people with a single magazine is much tougher than it looks.

It's effectiveness falls rapidly in long range engagements, but a few controlled bursts should still be dangerous to enemy targets.

In terms of DMRs, the QB88 is my favourite. It's stability really makes a world of difference. I still need to unlock the last two however. 3.4 zoom is nice, but I can't wait to unlock the 2x FLIR scope for maximum killing.

Has anyone had a problem downloading the China Rising DLC? I've had the game since launch but haven't really played it but I started to play it last night. I redeemed the China Rising code and it appears in my Library, but when I try to download, it says there is an error (but no error code). What gives?

TheSeks

EMP bug is still there... in spectator. Dunno if that's new, but it's goddamn annoying.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
First crash in a month. (One crash per month is cool to me) ... but i had a lot of rubber banding and got a bunch of empty servers.

Had a couple of good games, every mine i laid.. BAM! :3

Omni

First crash in a month. (One crash per month is cool to me) ... but i had a lot of rubber banding and got a bunch of empty servers.

One crash per month? I could only dream of it.

On 360 I'm crashing at least once per gaming session :lol

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Has anyone had a problem downloading the China Rising DLC? I've had the game since launch but haven't really played it but I started to play it last night. I redeemed the China Rising code and it appears in my Library, but when I try to download, it says there is an error (but no error code). What gives?

What console? I had to play around with things a bit to get it working.

I'm on Xbox one and entering the code downloaded some small 9 mb file. I had to delete that and trigger the dlc download from within the game, it's a lot bigger. Then restart the game and it notifies you that china rising has been unlocked. I had to delete the 9mb file twice but just keep fiddling with it until you've only got the one add on installed and restart the game once it's done.

VariantX

Its actually been over a month since Ive had a crash personally, the bugs however, are rampant though.

What console? I had to play around with things a bit to get it working.

I'm on Xbox one and entering the code downloaded some small 9 mb file. I had to delete that and trigger the dlc download from within the game, it's a lot bigger. Then restart the game and it notifies you that china rising has been unlocked. I had to delete the 9mb file twice but just keep fiddling with it until you've only got the one add on installed and restart the game once it's done.

I'm on PS4, forgot to mention that. I dunno if I got a 9MB file or if you can delete anything from the library. I'll try to download it from within the game, although I did get a message saying China Rising had been unlocked when I started up BF4 last night.

I'm away from my PS4 right now, but will try again when I get home.

I managed to download it from the add-on section of the BF4 drop-down menu.

1836682_1422069318037313_2146354807_o.jpg

Creaking

ACE this ACE that. That's what you get when you make one gun have a higher damage output than all the rest in the lineup.

Omni

I wish friendly makers would scale like the enemy doritos do now.

Sometimes it's really hard to see anything when your team mates are dying in front of you and those big makers take up a chunk of your screen.

Had a match just then on Golmud Railway where I went 38-0 in the tank with the help of a fellow gaffer and a good random gunner. One guy on the other team sent me three messages calling me a fag, so I guess I was doing something right. I always laugh at hate mail.

Creaking

Yep, plays The Dam map and Shanghai from what Ive seen.

On Shanghai he keeps the tank between D and E outside the play zone and shoots people.

Who pays $60 to NOT play?

There's an empty void in my heart that I fill with STATS!

Acorn

There was a guy on BF3 PC that played exclusively the Anti Air gun. And not the mobile one! Lol!

His profile was hilarious, dude spend something like 100 hours exclusively on the AA gun. Gotta respect that dedication! =D
Wtf? How can they derive any enjoyment from that for so long?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Battlelog update

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- We are happy to announce that we will roll out Platoons for Battlelog for Battlefield 4 later this month - stay tuned!
- Battlelog emblems will now show up in-game on Playstation 4, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.
- We are aware of an issue, where you receive new Soldier Portraits in Battlepacks, although it appears as if you have unlocked all of them. We are investigating!

FEATURES & IMPROVEMENTS:
- Improved how Battlepacks progression is calculated for Suggestions, so that they are less likely to appear
- The Com Center/Friends list in the mobile app no longer shows the playing/online/offline category (still indicated using the colors), to make it more coherent with the Com Center on Battlelog.com
- Minor tweaks to the Awards section in the mobile app, when viewing individual awards (medal + ribbon)
- Other minor improvement and tweaks

FIXES:
- Fixed an issue where the Server Browser in the mobile app would remain empty
- Fixed some blocking issues with the QR Code sign-in flow from Playstation 4 in the mobile app
- Fixed an issue with the Unified Game Manager, where it didn't show the "Set as Active" button if you played on PS3, but had a PS4 soldier active
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't add a Battle Report as favorite in the mobile app
- Choosing Game Size filter settings in the mobile app's Server Browser is no longer listed as Unknown
- Fixed an issue on the mobile app, where you sometimes couldn't click elements in the left side of the app, or it would take you to wrong sub-pages
- The service stars progression bar now shows in the Stats -> Vehicles view
- Fixed various issues with Tracking and Suggestions in the mobile app
- Some player prizes/awards texts had gone missing from BF3 Battle Reports; they are now back
- Certain images on the not-logged-in home page for Battlelog for BF4 didn't show in Internet Explorer 11
- Fixed an issue with the Missions creation in the mobile app, where the "Any Map" was shown as "Unknown"
- Fixed an issue where the tooltip for some ranks in the Battle Feed was not showing the correct name
- Better BF4 home section in the mobile app, if you log in with an account that does not own Battlefield 4
- The Custom Region filter in the Server Browser should now be fully functional and shiny :)
- Fixed an issue where the SPM value showed as 0, when using the profile replay on the Soldier page
- Fixed an issue in the mobile app's Battle Reports, where the teams were sometimes named "Unknown"
- Fixed an issue on the Soldier section in the mobile app, where you could slide the page left and right
- Various other minor fixes

Fersis

Is this finally going to fix that bug where if you spawn in a vehicle the game crashes (on PS4)?
Nope, that sounds like a Client or Server bug.
Battlelog is about stats and social stuff.

TheSeks

Oh, right. Mobile AA isn't the stationary AA. Misunderstood. I just looked at the KDR shook my head and said "someone really loves Norshal" and closed the tab.

turnbuckle

Is this finally going to fix that bug where if you spawn in a vehicle the game crashes (on PS4)?

This game is so weird. I spawn in vehicles all the time and have my roommate spawn in mine frequently too. Since the patch we've probably played (collectively) almost 40 hours. I've had a sound glitch happen once but I haven't had a single crash and I think he's maybe had one.

I was getting crashes regularly (usually 1 a day, sometimes they'd come a few times a day then a few days with none) from the weeks between the patch before the last one up until the new one hit. Now things are working better than ever.

But my brother and another good friend have been having nothing but issues since the patch dropped.

Dr Prob

Banned
He must have been killed a few times while running to the AA (lol).

You could also destroy that thing (and the person inside) with C4 and TV missiles. Remember having to do it a few times (with the C4) during that period when you were allowed to get in the enemy AA on Khargh and shoot down all the shit as it took off. That was pretty stupid.

For all the grief this game deservedly gets, I feel like they at least got the deployment part right. No more spawns full of people waiting on/killing one another over vehicles or having all your stuff destroyed by enemy pilots. Actually a pretty huge improvement.

Fersis

This game is so weird. I spawn in vehicles all the time and have my roommate spawn in mine frequently too. Since the patch we've probably played (collectively) almost 40 hours. I've had a sound glitch happen once but I haven't had a single crash and I think he's maybe had one.

I was getting crashes regularly (usually 1 a day, sometimes they'd come a few times a day then a few days with none) from the weeks between the patch before the last one up until the new one hit. Now things are working better than ever.

But my brother and another good friend have been having nothing but issues since the patch dropped.
Maybe those are server side issues, so if you log into those you get all them crashes

My PS4 died on me yesterday night while playing BF4. Amazon said it will probably take 1-2 weeks to get it replaced. Thank you based DICE!

cookie_monster_waiting.gif

edit: No I'm not really blaming DICE

turnbuckle

My PS4 died on me yesterday night while playing BF4. Amazon said it will probably take 1-2 weeks to get it replaced. Thank you based DICE!

Hey, I blew you up yesterday!

You also killed me a few times.

Sucks about your PS4, hope they get it to you quicker than expected. I wouldn't be surprised if they do since the PS4 is finally starting to become pretty available.

turnbuckle

Maybe those are server side issues, so if you log into those you get all them crashes

At first I thought it was because I was just playing Rush (first started playing that mode Thursday night and almost exclusively played that since). The first time I switched from Rush to Conquest I was getting that sound glitch.

But I played mostly Conquest yesterday and didn't have any issues. I jump around servers a lot but always stick with Eastern or Western US. I'm probably just getting lucky right now if so many others are having issues. Like, my brother was having his game crash while we were playing on the same server. Before this week I was the one having crashes in the games we were all playing together.

It's just weird. Seems like there's no rhyme or reason.

mitchman

Gold Member

That sucks. And just when I found some GAF'ers to play with (before BF4 crashed on me when I spawned in your vehicle).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom