• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm convinced I need to suck it up and strap a AK-5C, ACRW, or Mitar on all my classes...those 3 guns were 99% of my deaths tonight.
Jumped around to about 4 servers and its all I saw. Pretty much ever server was a few guys playing Support/Engy with one of the 3. I could probably count on one hand the amount of deaths I suffered at the hands of an LMG or PDW, not a single Support or Engineer is even bothering with those weapon type, from lvl 5 to 110 they go straight to the Carbine tree and say fuck the class specific weapons...makes me question why the fuck Ive bothered trying to use thr PKP or MP-7.

Oh well, I'm actually enjoying playing every round with a new class and new gun, working on full unlocks with the AUG and AK for Assualt, MP-7 and PDW-R for Engy, LSAT and 100 for Support and floating between Shotgun/Carbine/DMR'S on Recon (Ive abandoned Sniping lol)

I guess I'm just at the mercy of the Carbine gods while I try to unlock every attachment on every gun...but at this point, with nothing left really to unlock, what else is there to do? I couldn't imagine playing one or two classes every round with the same one or two guns.

As for the "connection/quality" of the matches tonight...Some minor rubber banding on an occasional map.
My first crash in weeks (3 maybe 4 weeks?)

My buddy who just got a PS4 and BF played tonight. He's on WiFi and had a HORRIBLE time. Maybe the PS4 has a problem via WiFi cause he rubberbanded a good amount, was last to load maps, and crashed twice.

Divus

The game plays quite a bit better after the patch for me. Last patch hit detection was abysmal on my end and I didn't play much at all. Now it's not perfect but it very playable compared to what it has been. In 4 hours I've only had two instances where someone should of died and didn't unlike last patch where it was every other.

Only big issue I have is spawning in the tank gunner seat usually crashes the game.

Omni

Oh god it's still not fixed on there yet???
The patch before last kinda fixed it - as in it didn't crash any more times than the other maps - but this latest patch has made it worse. Anecdotal, of course

but hey. least 360 has a sever queue now

I'm convinced I need to suck it up and strap a AK-5C, ACRW, or Mitar on all my classes...those 3 guns were 99% of my deaths tonight.
Jumped around to about 4 servers and its all I saw. Pretty much ever server was a few guys playing Support/Engy with one of the 3. I could probably count on one hand the amount of deaths I suffered at the hands of an LMG or PDW, not a single Support or Engineer is even bothering with those weapon type, from lvl 5 to 110 they go straight to the Carbine tree and say fuck the class specific weapons...makes me question why the fuck Ive bothered trying to use thr PKP or MP-7.

Oh well, I'm actually enjoying playing every round with a new class and new gun, working on full unlocks with the AUG and AK for Assualt, MP-7 and PDW-R for Engy, LSAT and 100 for Support and floating between Shotgun/Carbine/DMR'S on Recon (Ive abandoned Sniping lol)

I guess I'm just at the mercy of the Carbine gods while I try to unlock every attachment on every gun...but at this point, with nothing left really to unlock, what else is there to do? I couldn't imagine playing one or two classes every round with the same one or two guns.

As for the "connection/quality" of the matches tonight...Some minor rubber banding on an occasional map.
My first crash in weeks (3 maybe 4 weeks?)

My buddy who just got a PS4 and BF played tonight. He's on WiFi and had a HORRIBLE time. Maybe the PS4 has a problem via WiFi cause he rubberbanded a good amount, was last to load maps, and crashed twice.
I have been playing on wifi with my ps4 since launch without issue.

burnfout

So the ingame Battlelog says double XP is active right now, but I don't get double XP at all?

Dice forgot to turn on the switch?

Omni

Wait. Do you only get the battlepack for player appreciation month if you're on at a certain time? I played a game about 30 minutes ago and didn't have it.

So before the update I didn't have any crash. Now I've crashed in 3 out of 10 games.

Good job, DICE. I'm sorry but this is beyond ridiculous. Instead of organising a "player appreciation month". Why don't you organize a fucking meeting.

Crash roundup (since the latest patch - PC, XBOX and PS4):

New Patch giving anyone direct x crashes? Seems to have done it to me after 3 months of safetly, I have downclocked in that time.

Ps4 after-patch report:
-Every 2nd conquest match crashes.
-Most of the time no sound in TDM. Only background music sometimes.
-Every now and then enemy doesn't take dmg:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=733245180021155
I made that.

Great fun! No sound, no dmg...

This is fucking embarrasing, DICE.

Just had a crash during a round of conquest on ps4. Been a while since I've had a crash during a round.

Patch broke my game. It crashes every time I try to enter a vehicle. BF4 PC forums reporting lots of the same.

First issues I've had with the game though, other than the weird sound bug early on that was fixed in the first patch.

Okay, I'm pretty sure this patch made the game WORSE.
Before the patch everything ran 100% fine for me, with occasional rubberbanding. Now, it takes me almost 10 tries to get into the game without it hanging on a black screen or crashing, and the rubberbanding is insane (I was shot at, I ran behind a wall, 3 seconds later I'm dead by a guy nowhere near the wall).
DICE, come on I just wanna enjoy this. I cleared through the campaign for those 3 guns, don't do this to me man.

^Had no problems with the game since the update in december except being stuck in the loading screen occasionally but that didn't bother me tbh.
But now? If I enter a vehicle there is a 50-50 chance the game crashes and the server browser is fucked up too. WTF Dice?

Last night another guy I play with and myself didn't experience any crashing issues when entering a vehicle but then a third friend joined in. His seemed to crash virtually every time.

So crashing is back on PS4. Also TDM/Squad DM has a sound glitch where you hear the end of round music on loop instead of the actual in-game sounds. It stops after it loads a new map, assuming it doesn't just crash in between rounds. Oh and there's rubber banding in those modes now too. That's neat I guess.

Yup, just started playing Conquest in Zavod and everything went ok for a few minutes until I decided to spawn in my squad mate's buggy and the game crashed a few seconds after that into that blue screen. The next two games were stuttery messes and had to stop playing since I felt like breaking my controller in half.

just had a flood zone match where a guy was 62-2 in a littlebird.

fix this shit asap. I suspect he was hacking too but i was the only person on the team using AA launcher to try to stop him too. fucking miserable.

I don't understand how people just play this game so braindead sometimes. They just don't look into doing more than running around with an AR and sniping?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/429669167977119488/178950182/

I crashed at the end of the match when i got into an LAV, of course. Then i rejoined so i could save the game stats.

The first time I've tried to play since the new patch and it was not a good experience. Last night I tried for 45 minutes to get unto a multiplayer game. It just continually crashed out to the dashboard (XBox1) or the BF menu with the "lost connection to..." error. It would never make it past the black loading screen with the animated cursor. I reset my network connections, rebooted my Xbox, and it didn't matter. This is almost as bad as launch month.

Yeah same here. Last night myself and a couple of friends game kept crashing every time you tried sitting or switching to the gunner seat in a vehicle.

2 PS4 crashes since the patch today. Had none since December, wtf

Ok WTF I was very rarely getting crashes but had 2/4 games crash yesterday what is Dice doing?

I had a crash yesterday as well (PS4) on Zavod. First one in well over a month, I'm pretty sure.[/QUOTE

-Amon-

Just to report that a played online post patch for a total of 3 / 4 hours on ps4, rush only with only one problem, audio remained like i was underwater after coming out of it till the end of round.

Never happended before.

Shadybiz

So before the update I didn't have any crash. Now I've crashed in 3 out of 10 games.

Good job, DICE. I'm sorry but this is beyond ridiculous. Instead of organising a "player appreciation month". Why don't you organize a fucking meeting.

Crash roundup (since the latest patch - PC, XBOX and PS4):

I had a crash yesterday as well (PS4) on Zavod. First one in well over a month, I'm pretty sure.

nampad

Playing the piece of shit singleplayer right now for the gun unlocks and I ran into my second gamebreaking bug, fuck you DICE.

So I am at
the dam and I have to jump from the scaffolding over to a ladder.
I waited for the dialogue script but I fall to death everytime I try to do the jump. Google yielded ten thousand different tips.
Let go of the controls, look up, just walk to the edge end jump, sprint from all the way back, remap your keys, keep holding down jump.

So any of you know the real solution? Playing on the PS4 btw.
I don't want to restart the damn level because it is so fucking long with so many encounters and waves of enemies. Don't get it why DICE just didn't break it down to more than one level, especially when there are certain pauses in it.

First bug was also quite funny.
The weapon didn't spawn in the prison where I opened up the cells.
Thought I was really supposed to do it without one and failed two dozen times.

Besides the bugs, I still think the SP is badl. The scripting is really weak with many glitches. The writing just sucks and the team AI is beyond useless. The constant WUB WUB in my ear is nervewrecking. I also get the feeling that the aim assist is still there after I disabled it?

Milennia

Playing the piece of shit singleplayer right now for the gun unlocks and I ran into my second gamebreaking bug, fuck you DICE.

So I am at
the dam and I have to jump from the scaffolding over to a ladder.
I waited for the dialogue script but I fall to death everytime I try to do the jump. Google yielded ten thousand different tips.
Let go of the controls, look up, just walk to the edge end jump, sprint from all the way back, remap your keys, keep holding down jump.

So any of you know the real solution? Playing on the PS4 btw.
I don't want to restart the damn level because it is so fucking long with so many encounters and waves of enemies. Don't get it why DICE just didn't break it down to more than one level, especially when there are certain pauses in it.

First bug was also quite funny.
The weapon didn't spawn in the prison where I opened up the cells.
Thought I was really supposed to do it without one and failed two dozen times.

Besides the bugs, I still think the SP is badl. The scripting is really weak with many glitches. The writing just sucks and the team AI is beyond useless. The constant WUB WUB in my ear isn't nervewrecking. I also get the feeling that the aim assist is still there after I disabled it?
Just reload last checkpoint.

Milennia

You are so very funny. What do you thnk happens after I fall to death? I spawn at the last checkpoint.

But maybe this was some secret trick so I just tried it. Nothing changed.

Im confused, then or you are not explaining the entirety of your situation.
Reloading last checkpoint should put you before the scaffolding area entirely.
If it doesn't, you can reload to the previous checkpoint once more, moving you back even further.

Or just re do the level or quit the singleplayer altogether and never look at it again.

People have been talking about the terrible single player and its bugs and glitches since release, if you are intent on getting these weapons (they aren't good or have an alternative, outside of the wrex which is bad due to its delay) you have to endure the garbage thats been reported this entire time.

I had no gamebreaking issues and finished the game on hard in 3 and a half hours, but I'm not everybody.
Its bad, DiCE fucked it, we have known this for a long time, they have 0 legitimate intent on fixing it properly (prior to their largest multiplayer fixes) as it has been on 3 separate patch notes regarding the corrupt save and there has been no meaningful drop in occurrences.

And i seriously doubt they are going to fix the glitches in their single player before they fix the corruption, which they still haven't fixed.

(If you are on PC, you don't have to play the singleplayer to unlock the guns)

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Myself and about 5 mates are playing on xbox one and we get far less problems than many it seems.

We get the odd stuck on loading screen, but no more so than any other online game. In terms of crashes, one of us seems to crash every now and then but the rest of us have been fine.

Since the patch I seem to get the no sound problem a lot, particular when joining mid game.

From reading online sounds like the ps4 has more problems, or maybe just more people have it so more problems happen.

nampad

Im confused, then or you are not explaining the entirety of your situation.
Reloading last checkpoint should put you before the scaffolding area entirely.
If it doesn't, you can reload to the previous checkpoint once more, moving you back even further.

Or just re do the level or quit the singleplayer altogether and never look at it again.

People have been talking about the terrible single player and its bugs and glitches since release, if you are intent on getting these weapons (they aren't good or have an alternative, outside of the wrex which is bad due to its delay) you have to endure the garbage thats been reported this entire time.

I had no gamebreaking issues and finished the game on hard in 3 and a half hours, but I'm not everybody.
Its bad, DiCE fucked it, we have known this for a long time, they have 0 legitimate intent on fixing it properly (prior to their largest multiplayer fixes) as it has been on 3 separate patch notes regarding the corrupt save and there has been no meaningful drop in occurrences.

And i seriously doubt they are going to fix the glitches in their single player before they fix the corruption, which they still haven't fixed.

(If you are on PC, you don't have to play the singleplayer to unlock the guns)

The checkpoint is already on the scafolds. I have to kill two more guys and than jump (shitty checkpoint placement, always have to kill those two bastards before I can retry).
I'll try moving back, thank you.

I wanted the campaign LMG to level the LMG weapons because the first LMG sucks.

nampad

What? No. No. No. Nonono.

MP5K is pretty good. People just need to aim with it. >:|

U100-MK5?
The rate of fire is way too slow and the magazin size is a joke for a LMG.

I sucked it up and played with it until I got the Typ 88 LMG now and I finally start killing people again.

Milennia

U100-MK5?

I sucked it up and played with it until I got the Typ 88 LMG now and I finally start killing people again.

The magazine is like that because the lmgs are separated into 2 groups, mag fed and belt fed.

Mag fed has an infinitely better reload time yet smaller clip and usually slower velocity, whilst the belt fed have larger clips yet much longer reload times and are less accurate.

Arrgh.... Every fucking time I start a match I'm always last to load to the map and by the time I have deployed all of my team mates are already in the vehicles and not a single fucking dude ever waits. In some maps it means that I have to run two minutes before I'm at the first flag and I'm always missing the easy capture points. Why the fuck is it so difficult to wait for a few seconds rather than going solo in a tank or any other armored vehicle.. Like my last game in Siege of Shanghai, all vehicles took off with a driver only and some other slow ass squad mates were left running from the base instead of getting a ride. Damn idiots.

Oppo

Hey can I get a little help with the campaign? (I know, weird right?)

I am LTTP.... anyways

Just got to the first part where you drive tanks, in the typhoon. I have no idea how I'm supposed to do this level. There's like 5-6 tanks wandering around, any one of which seems to take out my tank in 2-3 shots. Do I hop tanks? Am I supposed to swap off vehicles? Do I take them out with handheld anti armour?

I've tried all of these but after dying like 50 times I decided the level was pretty shitty. Was so odd. Game was kind of enjoyable until I hit this absurd brick wall of difficulty. Even when scouring through the "digital manual" seeing if there was some button or control or thing you're supposed to do with the tank... nope, it's just a really, really bad tank game. Seemingly.

Can anyone offer advice here or is it just a terribly designed level?

edit - now I've got a twitter pal saying you have to swap between the tank and APC so one can "heal"? is that seriously the idea?

Milennia

I am LTTP.... anyways

Just got to the first part where you drive tanks, in the typhoon. I have no idea how I'm supposed to do this level. There's like 5-6 tanks wandering around, any one of which seems to take out my tank in 2-3 shots. Do I hop tanks? Am I supposed to swap off vehicles? Do I take them out with handheld anti armour?

I've tried all of these but after dying like 50 times I decided the level was pretty shitty. Was so odd. Game was kind of enjoyable until I hit this absurd brick wall of difficulty. Even when scouring through the "digital manual" seeing if there was some button or control or thing you're supposed to do with the tank... nope, it's just a really, really bad tank game. Seemingly.

edit - now I've got a twitter pal saying you have to swap between the tank and APC so one can "heal"? is that seriously the idea?

Its a difficult part for some.

You don't have to swap between the IFV and tank, but if you need to heal, jump out and either get in the IFV or hide until your tank heals up a bit.

If you use thermal on the tank, you can usually catch the enemy tanks and IFVs as they spawn, theres also one right at the top of the stairs in the next section after the grass area.

The IFV spawns on the right side of the area where theres a gate, it spawn right after you kill the 2 initial tanks, either hang back on that part and let it come to you, or even better, spawn kill it.

After that there is 1 more tank in that little area, and one more up the stairs.

If your tank is below 40 jump out and let it heal.

Vyroxis

Banned

I am LTTP.... anyways

The tank kinda sucks, as soon as you can get the APC with the rockets, do it. You will destroy the enemy tanks with ease with the rockets, and it moves faster to keep you hidden from the enemy fire to boot. That level took me several tries as well, so I know the pain.

Oppo

If your tank is below 40 jump out and let it heal.

I didn't even know the tanks "healed". :/ Thank you.

The tank kinda sucks, as soon as you can get the APC with the rockets, do it. You will destroy the enemy tanks with ease with the rockets, and it moves faster to keep you hidden from the enemy fire to boot. That level took me several tries as well, so I know the pain.

I will. Thanks.

Cess007

I am LTTP.... anyways

I think we both got stuck in the same part. I give it a couple of tries (tbh, i only started campaing, 'cause my internet was down for a whole day. The campaign turned out to be better than i expected) Someday i will go back and finish the SP.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So ... this kind of explains it all

@xMrxcraigx There will be a Player Appreciation Month 2XP event, but it is not this weekend.

Battlefield ‏@Battlefield 3h
@xMrxcraigx The current XP boost that some players are receiving is because of a select pre-order promotion.

Milennia

@xMrxcraigx There will be a Player Appreciation Month 2XP event, but it is not this weekend.

@xMrxcraigx The current XP boost that some players are receiving is because of a select pre-order promotion.

Wait wut... A pre order promotion?

Silver battle packs giving me camps I didn't have which is nice.

Also a battle log soldier avatar thing .. But I though I had all of them already.. In fact I'm sure I did lol.

Any tips for using the bomber in China Rising effectively? I use it for the entire round and have trouble getting a single kill with it, let alone 3. I've heard that Cruise Missile helps a lot, but you need a heap of kills already to unlock it :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
the best thing is on Rogue transmission. You can now select the jets without having to leave your squad!

...You could already do that
ON PC
just you have to zoom the map in and then scroll it like the Commander mode map. Was pretty stupid and while I'm glad DICE fixed it it wasn't a "mission critical" fix, just people needed to know how the spawn screen worked.

(Though the spawn screen in 4 is pretty awful outside of the heads up. I'd rather have WASD kit selection like BF3 PC again)

LMAO what? I already did that during launch week like Gamestop said to do and people were "ZOMG WTF HOW ARE YOU GETTING 2XP" on PC and I'm like "well, I preordered at Gamestop for faster install/'download' times from a DVD..."

Cue that Hi I'm Daisy Big Boss naming.gif here.

I'm on the side that it's a glitch, unless DICE is somehow fixing a pre-order bonus from five months back...

U100-MK5?

The rate of fire is fine. The problem is faster/higher damage guns outclass it but that's because DICE can't balance on a higher fire/lower per-bullet damage and slower fire/higher-damage calculations because people would just abuse that.

As for the Magazine size: AIM BETTER, NUB.

It was good in the beta, and it's good in the final. Just with more guns in the equation it gets outclassed. It's farrrrrrrrr from a shitty gun.

Any tips for using the bomber in China Rising effectively? I use it for the entire round and have trouble getting a single kill with it, let alone 3. I've heard that Cruise Missile helps a lot, but you need a heap of kills already to unlock it :(

try to hit tanks capping flags, they tend to move less. check to see if enemies are camping the bomber to kill you on exit. it's a whole lot of luck and guesswork really.

TheSeks

try to hit tanks capping flags, they tend to move less. check to see if enemies are camping the bomber to kill you on exit. it's a whole lot of luck and guesswork really.

Plus you don't need to do three in ONE run. It just has to be three KILLS in ONE round.

I still gotta get two, but because it's Conquest only and everyone camps it I can't really be assed to go for those and finish the last 8 or so kills for the Cruise Missile. :/

VariantX

Game is totally borked. No sounds will play properly. Just the end of round theme on endless loop. Had to power off the system to fix it. Why do I discover a new bug every day with this game?

Played earlier today and had 3 or 4 crashes and massive rubberbanding on a number of maps. I'm crashing more after this latest patch than I ever have.

Symthic updated. F2000 is rather disappointing in terms of side recoil and reload time. It's longer than L85's.

DMR buffs are also on it. ACE 53 looks like a clear winner. I would assume so when trying it out.

TheSeks

8/50 Marksmen Headshot Ribbons gotten.

SMH.

Meanwhile; 9/10 Sniper Rifle ribbons.

Marksmen can't be gotten by anything but Snipers this outing right?

FFS, that's gonna take me forever...

Facism

...You could already do that
ON PC
just you have to zoom the map in and then scroll it like the Commander mode map. Was pretty stupid and while I'm glad DICE fixed it it wasn't a "mission critical" fix, just people needed to know how the spawn screen worked..

I'm on PC and had no idea you could zoom the map on the deploy screen.

Ghazi

Playing with HaloGaf.

How far we have fallen.

Michael-Scott-angry-stare-at-toby.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom