• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

Not unlike my inclination to stick up for "useless" snipers - considering, for instance, that maybe they just literally suck donkey nuts if they do anything but snipe, so them hanging out in the middle of nowhere and getting a few kills just really is about the most they can contribute - when I see stuff like that I always picture a one-handed guy in a wheelchair or something. Seriously, it's just like when people bitch incessantly about randoms in general: surely some of these people really are mentally disabled, or 9 years old, or an 800-pound shut-in, or recovering from severe injury, and whatever else. I tend to cut everyone some basic slack, especially considering we're talking about the stats from a kid's toy here anyway. Everyone's okay in my book.

/bleeding heart
I never read that much into it before myself.

My friend for instance refused to do anything outside of sniping for reasons i don't understand other than the fact that he liked it (but was bad at it at the same time) until i introduced him to other classes, now he plays what is needed in a given situation.

I have for sure had kids in my games as i have heard them over chat as well, so theres that.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Had a bug last night that was new..

Nades that didn't exploded..
My impact nades went right through the ground. On OL I was above enemies and tossed them down onto them...they went right into the ground, no explosion, just went into the earth.

Chucked a few down a hallway...got nade icon on screen, no explosion.
I got that one in a match that had looots of 'Rubberbanding'. Sounds like a desync issue.

EA servers are down, had to play the campaign. Im gonna miss my daily battlepack. I FRIGGIN' LOVE BATTLEPACKS

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Funny enough, the latest patch seems to make the 360 version a bit closer to an actual completed game - now squad leaders finally have the star icon on the maps, I was just on Lancang Dam for Domination, and the B flag room's walls in the center are actually destructible now. The emblems finally work, the headshot icon is finally back in this game, congrats DICE, you're getting closer inch by inch to being competent now.

And a protip that I just found out and witnessed on a BF4 360 stream - the max squad size you can make within the game is 5, but if you join your friends via Battlelog, you can have at the very least 8 people in your squad on the 360. I assume it's the same on PS3 as well.

ibrTwSGegMOnQv.gif

Fix the knifing and counter knifing DICE!!!

I had this happen once in the early extra-bad days of Battlefield, and that was when I realized that I would never, ever go for a knife kill in the open or on a moving person. Only if they're sniping or camping hard lying down somewhere and their back is towards me. Any knife kill I got since then is simply from frantic knifers from the front that I easily counter.

Rest of the stuff is just ridiculous, and it's on the PC, the most open version that can be patched the fastest.

From reddit

Ah, so that's what that is. Never bothered to look although I wanted to know - I noticed it when I was wasting my time in a jet the day after the latest patch game out, and I thought it was a jet thing only.

The hit detection or something is definitely off in this game with regards to tanks shooting helicopters. I hit a scout twice as he was coming in on a run against me last night and it just made the little explosion like it hit him but did no damage whatsoever each time. That wasn't the only time it's happened though, I've seen it numerous times as I've played this game. I hear some of my friends raging over the mic about it at times too. The same problem existed in BF3, but it seems to be even worse in BF4 this time. It kind of sucks when one shot can mean the difference between you surviving a rocket pod barrage or not. You hit the heli, and he's just like "lol, nope" while grinding you into dust.

Example: Battlefield 4: Active Protection for air vehicles is OP

Anyone else have this happen occasionally, or often?
That happened to me several times! I guess it's the big reason why I think Choppers took multiple hits with H.E rounds as well.

Hit detection in this game is wonky.

Tecl0n

I'm surprised, i'm having a blast with this game. I got it with a 270 i recently bought, i haven't played a non cs online fps in many years and this is a nice change of pace. Although i've yet to try TDM since have that no sound bug...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
And a protip that I just found out and witnessed on a BF4 360 stream - the max squad size you can make within the game is 5, but if you join your friends via Battlelog, you can have at the very least 8 people in your squad on the 360. I assume it's the same on PS3 as well.

Isn't that a glitch? I've had it happen randomly before and I saw it Specatating Sco, Memorycure, and Splinter in Conquest yesterday. Max is 5 in normal play, glitch can go from 6 to 8. Nothing to do with Battlelog, something to do with them reading squads wrong or something. Same thing happened in BF3 where max squad is 4 but glitching had 5-6 in a squad.

EA servers are down, had to play the campaign. Im gonna miss my daily battlepack. I FRIGGIN' LOVE BATTLEPACKS

Unless EA's servers control Battlelog, all you need to do is login to Battlelog from the web and then go to your solider/Battlepack to get the daily. No need to play a round or game.

Bombless

Putting that DMR buff to good use. The QBU-88 is perfect. No other DMR so far comes close. Only one left to unlock. I'll end up needing only the Pistols free unlock.
yr7qYvd.png

Edit : Pretty sure the AS Val should be in there as well, but since Second Assault isn't up yet, it doesn't show.

Milennia

Putting that DMR buff to good use. The QBU-88 is perfect. No other DMR so far comes close. Only one left to unlock. I'll end up needing only the Pistols free unlock.
yr7qYvd.png

Edit : Pretty sure the AS Val should be in there as well, but since Second Assault isn't up yet, it doesn't show.

Damn yo.
I don't even use DMRs outside of a few test games and i have 300 kills with an sks (2 hours of playtime), you need to kill more people before calling something the best :p
My write up a few pages ago is perfect for this sort of thing.

Explains why needing to have a certain amount of time with a weapon etc. is important for recording balance issues.

TheSeks

Dr. DOAK SKS, BITCH.

m1VQB6a.png

PRE-BUFF

Need to try it since it got buffed and see if it rocks faces harder just as it did in BF3.

Milennia

Dr. DOAK SKS, BITCH.

m1VQB6a.png

PRE-BUFF

Need to try it since it got buffed and see if it rocks faces harder just as it did in BF3.

It is good, its not worth over auto weapons, but its good for what it is.
I haven't used it a ton (yet i have nearly the same amount of kills you do with it lol), but in that same amount of playtime and killcount, its better for every situation when compared to the MK, which is the other DmR i tried and hit 150 kills with in test games.

Will need to try some of the others.
Thats just my initial thought on those 2 in particular.
Im going to give each of them 150 yet the sks is at 300 because it was kinda fun lol.

So far thats the sks 300 and MK at 150 and i choose the sks for now of those 2.

TheSeks

I use the SKS since Faceless turned me onto it in BF3. I didn't care for the semi-autos until the SKS clicked with me. Even the M39 was alright with me. I was staunchly bolt-action snipers only but none of the bolt actions are clicking with me in BF4. I'm hoping DICE didn't ruin the GOL and I can unlock it despite that bullshit Firestorm requirement so I can have a good bolt-action for me to snipe with despite the CoD bullshit sway back. :|

But anyway, the SKS is good as a sniper or up-close. It's just DICE fucked with the hip-fire accuracy (even on the RFB, which I feel a lot of people sleep on as they think it "sucks") for the DMR's since the beta which felt like the snipers but slightly lower damage in the beta.

Milennia

I use the SKS since Faceless turned me onto it in BF3. I didn't care for the semi-autos until the SKS clicked with me. Even the M39 was alright with me. I was staunchly bolt-action snipers only but none of the bolt actions are clicking with me in BF4. I'm hoping DICE didn't ruin the GOL and I can unlock it despite that bullshit Firestorm requirement so I can have a good bolt-action for me to snipe with despite the CoD bullshit sway back. :|

But anyway, the SKS is good as a sniper or up-close. It's just DICE fucked with the hip-fire accuracy (even on the RFB, which I feel a lot of people sleep on as they think it "sucks") for the DMR's since the beta which felt like the snipers but slightly lower damage in the beta.

You snipe with this thing?
It takes like 3 hits point blank to kill something lol, i can see it being a thing at close range, but i never once attempted this as a sniper rifle, it would need to be 8x aggressive or the closest to medium range you could get.

Unless you mean BF3, in which case yeah i have seen it used as a mid range sniper rifle.

TheSeks

I'm talking BF3. But even in BF4 I use it as a mid-range sniper. If in close-range, hip-fire it. But hip-fire in BF4 is crazy because either suppression is fucking with it or the netcode is because I don't hit shit when in BF3 it was a monster in close-quarters AND long-range if you knew how to hit heads with it.

JJD

Damn yo.
I don't even use DMRs outside of a few test games and i have 300 kills with an sks (2 hours of playtime), you need to kill more people before calling something the best :p
My write up a few pages ago is perfect for this sort of thing.

Explains why needing to have a certain amount of time with a weapon etc. is important for recording balance issues.

What is your battlelog? You're always so technical and seems to know a lot about the guns in the game, I would love to check out your loadouts!

Milennia

What is your battlelog? You're always so technical and seems to know a lot about the guns in the game, I would love to check out your loadouts!

In my profile :D
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/loadout/cyborg1/238675183/ps4/#overview

However it only shows my PS4 account :/
They wont let me switch my main soldier cross platform no matter how much of a stink i put up, i barely played the PS4 version.

However i will be starting to again soon as well as streaming it, ill link the stream when i begin, should be sometime next week, for now I'm on PC.

(When i try to switch it only showed my beta accounts, yet when i check my own battlelog, i can see my PC info)

My loadouts are the same exact, for both platforms however, so there is no difference there.
(Except my L85 shows no attatchments sometimes in battlelog, they are, angled-coyote-supp-green laser)
I also very rarely play support, on either platform, but when i do, i use the LSAT.

My loadouts generally are what i play pn a daily basis, sometimes i will deviate.
When i do,

Carbines-AK5c
ARs- everything, i am going for 1000 kills with all ARs currently, and am almost finished, i will begin doing the same on PS4 next week and streaming it
But my obvious tryhard pants deviations are the 23 and soon to be F2000.
Shotguns- hawk12g bc i don't really care about shotguns
Snipers- SRR and M98 (SRR for long range and M98 for medium moving targets)
PDWs- VSS and UMP45
Pistols- I only use the 93r and P226, i dont really have a reason to learn other pistols as these 2 serve every purpose i could ever have a need for
(I use the P226 for recon mostly due to the fact i feel its better than the 93r as a "main secondary" meaning i could effectively outshoot a main hand weapon with it if i so had to, and this works well for recon... For obvious reasons, such as having your pistol out when crossing the map or enclosed, infantry filled areas as well as capping, even when aggressive sniping)
(I use the 93r on other kits due to netcode and bombarding someone i just ran out of ammo vs. with more semi auto rounds, it just works and even feels better going from an automatic to a semi, as opposed to an automatic to a single)

(Don't really use LMGs, i prefer to use by top carbines)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
In my profile :D
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/loadout/cyborg1/238675183/ps4/#overview

However it only shows my PS4 account :/
They wont let me switch my main soldier cross platform no matter how much of a stink i put up, i barely played the PS4 version.

Are you sure your PC account is linked to the same Origin account? What's your PC soldier name?
If your PSN email differed from your Origin account email the first time you synced up they would have been on different accounts.

Milennia

Are you sure your PC account is linked to the same Origin account? What's your PC soldier name?
If your PSN email differed from your Origin account email the first time you synced up they would have been on different accounts.

Its under the same name, which confused them as well lol.
Should be the same email, although tbh i never checked, i only have 2 that are active and the other is exclusively for my microsoft accounts, such as xbox.

... Yeah its the same email just checked.
So fucking weird and annoying but oh well, maybe if i just reset the stats on the PS4 account it will help them swap it over to a different email or something? Idk, ill need to contact them again, i don't mind resetting the PS4 stats as long as i still have my unlocks and kill counts so I can go for 1000 on each AR again.
May just use the PS4 account however anyway as its were most of my friends play and i would like to get back into it since I'm quitting GB private matches on PC, so i don't really have a reason to stay on the platform outside of performance.
May just hop back and forth.

My PS4 works right now but it sounds like a jet engine. With a replacement on the way I figured I might as well run it completely into the ground ;)

update: It's gone for good now. Farewell my launch PS4 I barely knew you

Milennia

My PS4 works right now but it sounds like a jet engine. With a replacement on the way I figured I might as well run it completely into the ground ;)

Mine is pretty loud on startup but dies down a bit in game.
I still find it pretty noisy though, however my friends sounds exactly the same relatively, so i guess its just me annoyed by the sound itself rather than a problem.
I wonder if others are bothered by it as well.

mitchman

Gold Member
Go 32-0 in a round, about to win and the game crashes when I try to enter a vehicle and erases the round from my battlelog. Cool.

It only does that if you login to a game again before the game you were in has finished. Wait it out and you'll get the stats etc. updated.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Its under the same name, which confused them as well lol.
Should be the same email, although tbh i never checked, i only have 2 that are active and the other is exclusively for my microsoft accounts, such as xbox.

... Yeah its the same email just checked.
So fucking weird and annoying but oh well, maybe if i just reset the stats on the PS4 account it will help them swap it over to a different email or something? Idk, ill need to contact them again, i don't mind resetting the PS4 stats as long as i still have my unlocks and kill counts so I can go for 1000 on each AR again.
May just use the PS4 account however anyway as its were most of my friends play and i would like to get back into it since I'm quitting GB private matches on PC, so i don't really have a reason to stay on the platform outside of performance.
May just hop back and forth.
Says no PC soldier under the name millenniaa or cyborg1 exists. You sure that's your name? :D Try adding me on Origin: Tunesmith

Milennia

Says no PC soldier under the name millenniaa or cyborg1 exists. You sure that's your name? :D Try adding me on Origin: Tunesmith

Kk.

It shows up when i access it through my phone, otherwise its gone and all i can do is contact them about it (this would be the 3rd time), all that comes up other than the PS4 account are the 360-PC beta accounts lol.

Requested you. (Nvm you requested me first lol)

Yeah , its the same exact name.
It was working find in november, then the day i had the PS4 account linked it got all screwed up and i cant access any of my other battlelog accounts (even have an xbox one account linked as well).

In fact, i cant even access my BF3 soilders lol, all it has available are alts from platforms i barely played on lol.
Idk, it never really bothered me too much as i can see it myself via the app, but it would be nice to actually unfuck my account somehow.
Ill just call them this time and ask them if its possible to transfer the PS4 account to a different dummy origin account ill make and maybe that will fix it.

Edit : it may be a privacy issue where something somewhere is set so that only i can see it, because thats whats happening here, i know you can do that, i just don't remember doing it lol.

Milennia

Is it just me or does the CBJ-MS look like a power drill? I can't help but think that every time someone kills me with it.

Im of the mind that its the worst gun in the game as well.
That doesn't mean its god awful unusable or anything but, yeah, i cant think of another gun i hate using more.

Actually, its between that and the rpk74m.

I don't think we have ever even discussed what the worst gun in the game is lol.
(Excluding pistols because thats boring lol)

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Isn't that a glitch? I've had it happen randomly before and I saw it Specatating Sco, Memorycure, and Splinter in Conquest yesterday. Max is 5 in normal play, glitch can go from 6 to 8. Nothing to do with Battlelog, something to do with them reading squads wrong or something. Same thing happened in BF3 where max squad is 4 but glitching had 5-6 in a squad.

It's not a glitch at all, in the sense that it works all the time and is not random. And it has everything to do with Battlelog.

The people I was watching on stream told me that they ran a squad with 7 people before, and they told me they did it by joining through Battlelog, and then proceeded to do it right then and there live on stream with 8 people from the chat. I would have joined myself but I was busy working on something while watching the stream.

I wouldn't know about BF3 since I skipped that.

That doesn't mean its god awful unusable or anything but, yeah, i cant think of another gun i hate using more.

The CBJ-MS is a nice shooting gun - it shoots like a laser and the hip fire is great. A little weak but when I started using it, before I realized it I had hundreds of kills. It's not recommended, but at least it's fun.

The RPK-74M is straight-up bad though. No reason to even use it when it's outclassed by the gun that has a name similar to it.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Kk.

It shows up when i access it through my phone, otherwise its gone and all i can do is contact them about it (this would be the 3rd time), all that comes up other than the PS4 account are the 360-PC beta accounts lol.

Requested you. (Nvm you requested me first lol)

Yeah , its the same exact name.
It was working find in november, then the day i had the PS4 account linked it got all screwed up and i cant access any of my other battlelog accounts (even have an xbox one account linked as well).

In fact, i cant even access my BF3 soilders lol, all it has available are alts from platforms i barely played on lol.
Idk, it never really bothered me too much as i can see it myself via the app, but it would be nice to actually unfuck my account somehow.
Ill just call them this time and ask them if its possible to transfer the PS4 account to a different dummy origin account ill make and maybe that will fix it.

Edit : it may be a privacy issue where something somewhere is set so that only i can see it, because thats whats happening here, i know you can do that, i just don't remember doing it lol.
Have you checked Origin on PC, or are you saying you can't access any PC games of yours anymore?

I'm guessing your PC games are linked to another Origin account entirely, one that's cached on your phone's battlelog app.

You didn't have a sub/parental controlled account or anything like that did you? Then it's possible it's actually registered under that. Origin chat support should be able to merge your games over to the desired Origin account fine though.

Acinixys

I don't think we have ever even discussed what the worst gun in the game is lol.
(Excluding pistols because thats boring lol)

P90
PDW-R

Easily the worst guns imo

dat's me!!!
Yeah Buddy! Lets play a few matches sometimes, I will not be on as much due to school however.

Snipping tool. Been there since Win7.
Thanks, been using a Macbook for the last few years :p

BTW I was a battlefield veterans since BFBC2, I got the M1 Garand and have played every battlefield game since BF2 on Xbox 360. Since I switched over to BF4 on PC, will I still get my veterans battlepack whenever it is fixed? I am still using the same account as well.

TheSeks

BTW I was a battlefield veterans since BFBC2, I got the M1 Garand and have played every battlefield game since BF2 on Xbox 360. Since I switched over to BF4 on PC, will I still get my veterans battlepack whenever it is fixed? I am still using the same account as well.

Yes.

Facism said:
looks like battlelog is now tracking Support C4 kills?

:eek: :O!
:O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr Prob

Banned
Hahaha, no.

Best PDWs.

Slow down playboy. JS2 is the best PDW. Can't use it for extended periods, because the entire time is like an orgasm in your head and hands and you could fall the fuck out. P90 and PDW-R were a breath of fresh air, really useful in BF3 and fine in this, but you have to get on that JS2. Wait, don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom