• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to thank Mike Hawk for forever ruining any future games I have on Op Locker by getting 73 kills during a Oblit game last night. I think I've broken 40 in this game only a handful of times. The bar is set high.

zma1013

I tried to play a game of defuse on the PC the other day because I never tried it before but every single server in the Americas had 0 players.

emko

anyway to get in game sound to work in TDM? i don't want to listen to intro music on loop for the whole game. I thought they said sound bug was fixed yet almost every game i join there is no sound for a minute sucks when your in a jet and someone locks on to you and you cant hear the sound for it.

anyway to get in game sound to work in TDM? i don't want to listen to intro music on loop for the whole game. I thought they said sound bug was fixed yet almost every game i join there is no sound for a minute sucks when your in a jet and someone locks on to you and you cant hear the sound for it.

if you can hold out until the second game without quitting, you have the sound back.

I'm getting that bug too........wtf

Rey

My PS4 died on me yesterday night while playing BF4. Amazon said it will probably take 1-2 weeks to get it replaced. Thank you based DICE!

cookie_monster_waiting.gif

edit: No I'm not really blaming DICE

Waaat??? OMG I'm sorry to hear Dominik. Damn, and we had so much fun playing last night. See you in 2 weeks hopefully.

Edit: Ah got the "you have lost connection to the EA Servers" on BF4 after the PSN update. Gotta love those PSN updates.

Timu

I'd like to thank Mike Hawk for forever ruining any future games I have on Op Locker by getting 73 kills during a Oblit game last night. I think I've broken 40 in this game only a handful of times. The bar is set high.
Yeah I got beyond 40 kills a few times as well.

The hit detection or something is definitely off in this game with regards to tanks shooting helicopters. I hit a scout twice as he was coming in on a run against me last night and it just made the little explosion like it hit him but did no damage whatsoever each time. That wasn't the only time it's happened though, I've seen it numerous times as I've played this game. I hear some of my friends raging over the mic about it at times too. The same problem existed in BF3, but it seems to be even worse in BF4 this time. It kind of sucks when one shot can mean the difference between you surviving a rocket pod barrage or not. You hit the heli, and he's just like "lol, nope" while grinding you into dust.

Example: Battlefield 4: Active Protection for air vehicles is OP

Anyone else have this happen occasionally, or often?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So... the get "killed and your RPG dissapears" bug is still there right?
Im sure i got it a couple of times last night.

The game is so buggy i pretty much only log on to get mah battlepack. :(

zma1013

I think it's more all the lines of you get killed before your game actually realizes it so you were able to fire an RPG from your perspective but you actually died before you fired. Lag or generally bad whatever that this games uses to communicate through the internet.

I think it's more all the lines of you get killed before your game actually realizes it so you were able to fire an RPG from your perspective but you actually died before you fired. Lag or generally bad whatever that this games uses to communicate through the internet.

I think DICE has admitted it is an actual issue that they need to fix. I don't think it's entirely lag based.

Oddly enough, I feel like this has been a bug in the last few iterations of BF that they always have to fix.

Milennia

You know your shit is fucked when people are discussing whether a bug that happens 100% of the time is a feature or not lol, dat DICE.

In other news, i miss destruction 2.0 now more than ever.
Not even regarding buildings, just walls that are indestructible bother me coming from BC2, how I'm still getting used to this after all these years is beyond me. I would blow the shit out of D flag on siege every fucking time.

Which is probably why its not in lol.
Among other reasons I would hate to admit, such as bare fields etc. but this has been discussed hundreds of times so meh, nvm.

In good news, i can smell second assault, so it must be either really close, like next week close, or my nose is shit.

Probably the second one. In which case, i could say my nose is so well put together, that i could smell second assault even when its a month away.
So yeah, take that potential comebacks.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
is that a bug? it's been the consistent behavior of rpgs the past few BF games.
If the thing is in mid air i call it a bug. XD

Second Assault is coming for sure after the next big patch. DICE always released a big patch and then a DLC.
I BELIEVE IN THE RELEASE BUILD PATCH!

-griffy-

Banned
They appear to have fixed the issue with Air Superiority on the PS4 version. Mode seems well populated now and easily joined via matchmaking, which most certainly was not the case just days ago.

Ok, so, I've not seen this before.
Me and my friend both have them, only when we are playing, no other screen.
Currently seeing them on Hainan Resort, where they flash on and off.

Any idea what they mean and are?

I'm referring to the 4 squares, of which 3 are white.

Acorn

If the thing is in mid air i call it a bug. XD

Second Assault is coming for sure after the next big patch. DICE always released a big patch and then a DLC.
I BELIEVE IN THE RELEASE BUILD PATCH!
I'm thinking they'll release it on valentines day to show their love haha. Plus then exactly two weeks later its the last day of Feb .

Fersis

Ok, so, I've not seen this before.
Me and my friend both have them, only when we are playing, no other screen.
Currently seeing them on Hainan Resort, where they flash on and off.

Any idea what they mean and are?

I'm referring to the 4 squares, of which 3 are white.

Those are debug graphics that DICE uses to analyze game footage that were added in the last patch.
I believe it means that there are network packet drops

Those are debug graphics that DICE uses to analyze game footage that were added in the last patch.
I believe it means that there are network packet drops

Ah, thank you. So does that mean its my side or their side or a bit of both?

I've noticed that the rubber banding lag still strikes every so often :/

Fersis

Dunno i believe theres no much public info about those icons (Looks like there are more besides that one).
Cant help ya :(

I get that icon all the time.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If I got premium today, do you get all the rewards (excluding the double xp weekends) retroactively?

Yes.

Faceless said:
is that a bug? it's been the consistent behavior of rpgs the past few BF games.

No, that's by design. Like you said: It's been that way since BF3.

I think BC2 had RPG on death doesn't disappear.

Defuse is fucking terrible.

It really is a poorly thought out mode. I'm not against S&D/CS coming to Battlefield, but they'd have to change the ENTIRE sandbox and game to include it. It's better off not being in.

Headquarters and Sabotage are the two that are probably the best fits of "new modes" besides CTF being in Battlefield.

JJD

Yup, it's still there unfortunately.

I went on a rampage of 46 kills on PS in the attack boat before being killed.

It absolutely boggles my head that the other team just took the punishment for that long, I hurt them by also going in a circle capturing and recapturing all the flags bar B island.

I just don't get the logic.

TheSeks

I went on a rampage of 46 kills on PS in the attack boats before being killed.

It absolutely boggles my head that the other team just took the punishment for that long, I hurt them by also going in a circle capturing and recapturing all the flags bar B island.

I just don't get the logic.

The side guns are EXTREMELY good at suppression and high damage. If you and a side gunner are working together to suppress the islands, people can't stop you. They need a lock and a good SRAW guidance to even stand a chance and the SRAW needs to stand in the open and get peppered by suppression or damage to stand a chance of doing high damage to you.

Reason #909034583049860348603846038 why I wish the Javelin was still fire and forget.

Dysun

So Microsoft got Second Assault exclusive for at least 2.5-3 months, and 10 days worth of Call of Duty.

The fuck EA

From reddit

The HUD icons (as seen here: http://i.imgur.com/R731QMk.png) are indicators of if anything is going wrong with your client such as packet loss, FPS drops, etc.

They're meant so when you guys post videos/screenshots, we can tell at a glance what a probable cause of the issue is related to.

TheSeks

I had that shit happen to me as a ROLLBACK. I kill him, the entire server ROLLS BACK like GGPO and he suddenly is facing forward and counter-knives me. Utter bullshit and why I don't go out of my way for knife kills now unlike BF3 where I was a fiend for them.

Which is a shame because BF4's knife animations are BRUTAL and addictive but if the netcode says "LOL NOPE YOU WERE FACING HIM AND COUNTER KNIFE CAN'T HAPPEN BECAUSE LAG" fuck it.

Had a bug last night that was new..

Nades that didn't exploded..
My impact nades went right through the ground. On OL I was above enemies and tossed them down onto them...they went right into the ground, no explosion, just went into the earth.

Chucked a few down a hallway...got nade icon on screen, no explosion.

Wtf? How can they derive any enjoyment from that for so long?

Not unlike my inclination to stick up for "useless" snipers - considering, for instance, that maybe they just literally suck donkey nuts if they do anything but snipe, so them hanging out in the middle of nowhere and getting a few kills just really is about the most they can contribute - when I see stuff like that I always picture a one-handed guy in a wheelchair or something. Seriously, it's just like when people bitch incessantly about randoms in general: surely some of these people really are mentally disabled, or 9 years old, or an 800-pound shut-in, or recovering from severe injury, and whatever else. I tend to cut everyone some basic slack, especially considering we're talking about the stats from a kid's toy here anyway. Everyone's okay in my book.

/bleeding heart

Bombless

Man, those attack jet JDAM bombs are really shit. Well, no, but the aiming system is really, REALLY shit. They really need to increase the blast radius a bit and a tad more damage dealt with such a failure of targeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom