• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Slow down playboy. JS2 is the best PDW. Can't use it for extended periods, because the entire time is like an orgasm in your head and hands and you could fall the fuck out. P90 and PDW-R were a breath of fresh air, really useful in BF3 and fine in this, but you have to get on that JS2. Wait, don't.

No way, man. The FN P90 and PDW-R are the best PDW in the game. The JS2 isn't as mobile, I feel. And that's what matters, mobility.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I may have a problem...

yv7Fdw9.jpg

I will stop when I hit 100. Will choose a good DMR next.

Oh if only I could ever stick to one gun - but I could never do that. I play all of the best guns until I get the Coyote scope for each, then I'll stop and just play with my favorite two or three in each weapon class.

Except the DMR. Never touching those.

Slow down playboy. JS2 is the best PDW. Can't use it for extended periods, because the entire time is like an orgasm in your head and hands and you could fall the fuck out. P90 and PDW-R were a breath of fresh air, really useful in BF3 and fine in this, but you have to get on that JS2. Wait, don't.

Really?

I guess if you don't have China Rising for free or Premium to get the MP7, which the JS2 looked like the weaker brother to last I checked, but alright.

I guess that's one of the few good things about this game, the preferences vary so much in it that it seems that they don't ever need to balance any of the guns. Even the ACE's, because they still have things that other guns do better than them. I can't even stick to the same gun in the same day because of how good the variety is.

Dr Prob

Banned
When you guys start going 80-2, 95-4 with the JS2 and find yourself in trouble with the law, remember, Elzar turned you on to it. Let's just run through it one time:

El-Zar.

TheSeks

only recently beaten by the newly released AS-VAL which is like a god gun.

OprahShakingHeadNo.gif

I mean the AS VAL is good and all... but it's limited in magazine size and doesn't have the mobility and range the PDW-R and FN P90 do.

It's a shame it lost the extended magazine that BF3 finally included for it. Because then it actually became somewhat competitive.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
LCh1rJ9.jpg

My top ten as of now.

My guns in the top 30 are pretty much evenly spread, and the funny thing about the ACE 52 is that I got those 873 kills within the first two weeks of playing, and then seriously never touched the gun again. It's been more than three months and it still remained my top weapon until I just passed it with the MTAR by two kills a couple days ago. If I had stuck to that only my K/D ratio would have been insane.

Even though I think the gun is great, I still don't think it needs to be touched, or that it needs to be weakened. Mainly because the variety in guns I see people use online show that there is no one all-ruling gun in BF4.

I actually hope they keep things just the way they are, and never make any gun worse.

Edit: I just see that my Claymores fell out of the top 10, which are also close in like with my weapon kills - probably because I don't play Domination as much as I used to, but I put them in all the nastiest spots to the point I get multikills with them.

When you guys start going 80-2, 95-4 with the JS2 and find yourself in trouble with the law, remember, Elzar turned you on to it. Let's just run through it one time:

El-Zar.

I'd love to go on a long streak like that with a PDW or even an Assault rifle when I run solo. Not only is it rare to even see a support guy, but it seems like they don't even drop ammo for themselves. I put the callout for ammo already when I'm halfway empty and still support people don't react to it.

zma1013

OprahShakingHeadNo.gif

I mean the AS VAL is good and all... but it's limited in magazine size and doesn't have the mobility and range the PDW-R and FN P90 do.

It's a shame it lost the extended magazine that BF3 finally included for it. Because then it actually became somewhat competitive.

It may not have the range or magazine but it seems to beat the PDW-R out in every other category, like close to mid range where the majority of engagements seem to take place. I've been absolutely destroying with it but it may be because my playstyle is rather quick guerilla warfare tactics where I hit and hide quickly and oh man when it hits it hits. Once I controlled myself from emptying the mag, I'm able to pretty reliably kill 3 people with 1 mag. It would be incredibly unbalanced if it had an extra 10 rounds though, I feel certain of that.

AmyS

You know what first got me interested in Battlefield in general and eventually made me switch over from CoD ?

The Battlefield 3 - E3 Frostbite 2 Features Trailer in 2011

The scale of the maps was like nothing I had ever seen before.

When I saw the tanks rolling across the desert and the fires (which would be Operation Firestorm) I was instantly reminded of the first Gulf War in 1991, at the end of Operation Desert Storm when Saddam had set Kuwait's oil fields on fire. That had to have been the inspiration for Operation Firestorm.

It was that and the city of Tehran all lit up. The particles flying everywhere from buildings, etc. Frostbite 2 and BF3 in general knocked my socks off.

I bought the PC version of BF3 when it launched. I had good results with an older Core i7 and my rapidly-becoming-outdated 1 GB GTX 460.

So enough of that. Just waiting for Second Assault to drop for PS4, non-Premium.

Acinixys

It may not have the range or magazine but it seems to beat the PDW-R out in every other category, like close to mid range where the majority of engagements seem to take place. I've been absolutely destroying with it but it may be because my playstyle is rather quick guerilla warfare tactics where I hit and hide quickly and oh man when it hits it hits. Once I controlled myself from emptying the mag, I'm able to pretty reliably kill 3 people with 1 mag. It would be incredibly unbalanced if it had an extra 10 rounds though, I feel certain of that.

I agree that with extended mags it would outclass everything

It does 30 damage and has a RPM of 900

It can easily outshout AR users at close to medium range

Battlefield4 is basically my first shooter ever. I've never really played one online before.
I started off with the M416 because I heard its a good beginner weapon, but my aiming was all over the place and someone told me to use shotguns untill I get a basic feeling for aiming and can at least shoot in the right direction. So I used the QBS09 in TDM a lot.
Then I went on to carbines and then PDWs. Right now i starting Snipers and DMRs
2TgF7Zd.png

3LKdL70.png

Thats Ps4 btw.

TheSeks

It would be incredibly unbalanced if it had an extra 10 rounds though, I feel certain of that.

Not really. 10 extra rounds helped it SIGNIFICANTLY in BF3. In BF4 it'd maybe let you kill 1-2 more people and that's about it. It's pretty limited in it's scope as a weapon and the extra magazine capacity really would help it out.

Milennia

Have you checked Origin on PC, or are you saying you can't access any PC games of yours anymore?

I'm guessing your PC games are linked to another Origin account entirely, one that's cached on your phone's battlelog app.

You didn't have a sub/parental controlled account or anything like that did you? Then it's possible it's actually registered under that. Origin chat support should be able to merge your games over to the desired Origin account fine though.

I cam play it just fine, thats whats messed up here.
Im contacting them again today about it, lets see what happens,

turnbuckle

CDliwQc.png

Any guns not seen here that you guys think I should be using more? Any guns I should be using less?

The sniper kills are so high because I was really committed to getting that that marksman medal. I'm quite bad with them, but it was a war of attrition and I finally won out.

Milennia

The 2 best PDWs are the VSS and the UMP45, its already proven on paper and practice.
Since PDWs aren't and don't need to be touched by DICE nothing has changed.
The worst of the PDWs (which are overall the worst of the automatic weapons) is the cbj hands down no questions asked, on paper and in practice. (Especially on paper, like got dang). You gain nothing from using it over another weapon such as a carbine except a huge clip of spitballs and shit accuracy across the board, it doesn't even fill a niche.

There are literally no other god awful guns i can think of outside of the RPK74m and the cbj that I immediately know that I'm at a disadvantage when using in some major way.

On topic of the best PDWs, the VSS/VAL is a good weapon, i have gone over this for months now, however.... Its mid range disadvantages as well as its clip size hinder it greatly to the point where it fits a specific play style best at this point.
You will not shoots an AR at medium range unless your opposition is damn terrible thats for sure, or medium range is actually close range, just as with any high ROF, annoying kick weapon, no different here, except that this is the best of them and actually has kill potential at anything other than close range, not effective kill potential against something like a 52 or the 23/L85/2000 but I'm sure it can outshoot some of the lesser ARs in medium range, such as the AUG.
I have been using it since china rising dropped on and off when i have access to an xbone, so about 450 kills total for that one, and i have it on my owned platforms as well.

There is a conversation regarding the PDW-r going on so I will touch upon that.
There is no need for a PDW that has range yet is gimped as a PDW in every other class outside of said range, thats what carbines are for and they do it better.

So yeah, thats what I have to say on that subject.

zma1013

There is a conversation regarding the PDW-r going on so I will touch upon that.
There is no need for a PDW that has range yet is gimped as a PDW in every other class outside of said range, thats what carbines are for and they do it better.

So yeah, thats what I have to say on that subject.

Well yeah you are right but we aren't talking about carbines.

TheSeks

TThere are literally no other god awful guns i can think of outside of the RPK-74m

No way. RPK is amazing. Treat it like the AK-74M in BF3, basically. It's my 8th most used gun so far and going higher since I don't use the other LMGs.

10 Million Dogtags in 6 days

Dunno if possible but its going to be cool to kill all the knifers out there. lol

Can't care with DAT NETCODE DOE.

When they fix the rollbacks and me seeing counter-knife but not being able to counter-knife due to said netcode, I'll care about this challenge. Not any sooner.

Milennia

Well yeah you are right but we aren't talking about carbines.

Its outclassed by the UMP and VSS then if you want to be specific.
You dont choose a PDW for range, and the PDW-r even falls flat at that, at anything above medium, where it still will not outshoot another medium range carbine/AR, not a single one of them.

This is soeaking from a technical standpoint and not a literal one, as you can effectively kill anything with anything in a pub match hecause skill wildly varies, but that doesnt change what the gun is and what disadvantages it has.

Here's my top 20 list.

Pretty boring list but i'm just going for as many weapon masteries as I can. I'll probably get to 25 - 30 and then stop trying for any more. The rest of the guns are just too boring or ineffective.

PS. This is on PS4

ovpkipN.jpg

Milennia

No way. RPK is amazing. Treat it like the AK-74M in BF3, basically. It's my 8th most used gun so far and going higher since I don't use the other LMGs.

Can't care with DAT NETCODE DOE.

When they fix the rollbacks and me seeing counter-knife but not being able to counter-knife due to said netcode, I'll care about this challenge. Not any sooner.

I don't think your understanding which RPK I'm talking about, but the gun I'm speaking of has 0 redeeming qualities and is now widely known as being a random piece of shit that was added to the game.

TheSeks

I don't think your understanding which RPK I'm talking about, but the gun I'm speaking of has 0 redeeming qualities and is now widely known as being a random piece of shit that was added to the game.

3FGqcwp.png

YynJb2r.png

It was good in BF3, it's good in BF4. Maybe not at "pro" level, but who gives a shit about pro-level since DICE completely failed at that?

Milennia

LCh1rJ9.jpg

My top ten as of now.

My guns in the top 30 are pretty much evenly spread, and the funny thing about the ACE 52 is that I got those 873 kills within the first two weeks of playing, and then seriously never touched the gun again. It's been more than three months and it still remained my top weapon until I just passed it with the MTAR by two kills a couple days ago. If I had stuck to that only my K/D ratio would have been insane.

Even though I think the gun is great, I still don't think it needs to be touched, or that it needs to be weakened. Mainly because the variety in guns I see people use online show that there is no one all-ruling gun in BF4.

I actually hope they keep things just the way they are, and never make any gun worse.

Edit: I just see that my Claymores fell out of the top 10, which are also close in like with my weapon kills - probably because I don't play Domination as much as I used to, but I put them in all the nastiest spots to the point I get multikills with them.

I'd love to go on a long streak like that with a PDW or even an Assault rifle when I run solo. Not only is it rare to even see a support guy, but it seems like they don't even drop ammo for themselves. I put the callout for ammo already when I'm halfway empty and still support people don't react to it.

There is a single best gun in this game though and it is the single only used weapon in high end games.
DICEs saving grace in terms of balance this go around is that pubs are so varied that you will hardly see the sake weapon in the same game (even though i see the AK every single game, all the fucking time because its like a level 5 unlock and is ridiculous).

However outside of pubs, there is only one gun available.

Milennia

3FGqcwp.png

YynJb2r.png

It was good in BF3, it's good in BF4. Maybe not at "pro" level, but who gives a shit about pro-level since DICE completely failed at that?

What is good about this weapon, i need to hear you say it.
Because as it stands this is the biggest steaming turd on the planet and everyone knows it, whether it be its trash fire rate and accuracy or its shit tier reload.
Especially compared to other mag loaded LMGs.

I wont shit on a weapon for not being competitive, i will shit on a weapon if its down right bad and this thing has nothing for it, every weapon in its category outclasses it.
Said category being the mag fed LMGs and if your outclassed in your own category (SUB category no less) i see no reason to use the weapon outside of "just for fun".

zma1013

Its outclassed by the UMP and VSS then if you want to be specific.
You dont choose a PDW for range, and the PDW-r even falls flat at that, at anything above medium, where it still will not outshoot another medium range carbine/AR, not a single one of them.

This is soeaking from a technical standpoint and not a literal one, as you can effectively kill anything with anything in a pub match hecause skill wildly varies, but that doesnt change what the gun is and what disadvantages it has.

Yeah, I'm going to be using the UMP and VSS more as I get around to them. So far I've just sampled them. As for outshooting carbines and ARs, I don't think anyone said that it did. No one's disagreeing with you.

TheSeks

What is good about this weapon, i need to hear you say it.
Because as it stands this is the biggest steaming turd on the planet and everyone knows it, whether it be its trash fire rate and accuracy or its shit tier reload.
Especially compared to other mag loaded LMGs.

I wont shit on a weapon for not being competitive, i will shit on a weapon if its down right bad and this thing has nothing for it, every weapon in its category outclasses it.
Said category being the mag fed LMGs.

It's basically the AK-74M in an LMG. The iron-sights are amazing (and I play bare-bones/no attachments unless I use the heavy barrel or bipod and that's it) and it's deadly accurate. I seriously don't get how it's a shit weapon when I can proceed to mow people down with it? Maybe you're coming at it from a MLG/scrim/whatever mind-view but as a weapon in the sandbox? It's competitive.

Milennia

Yeah, I'm going to be using the UMP and VSS more as I get around to them. So far I've just sampled them. As for outshooting carbines and ARs, I don't think anyone said that it did. No one's disagreeing with you.

I skimmed the conversation, i just saw some people praising the weapon so i decided to give my input on it is all.

Milennia

It's basically the AK-74M in an LMG. The iron-sights are amazing (and I play bare-bones/no attachments unless I use the heavy barrel or bipod and that's it) and it's deadly accurate. I seriously don't get how it's a shit weapon when I can proceed to mow people down with it? Maybe you're coming at it from a MLG/scrim/whatever mind-view but as a weapon in the sandbox? It's competitive.

As i said, I'm not coming at this from a competitive view, this is just a bad weapon for the reasons i have already listed.

Just because you can kill 125 people in pub matches with it doesn't make the weapon competitive.
You can kill with anything, i have been effectively sniped with a 44 at long range before as well, but i sure as heck am not calling it a competitive weapon nor a sniper.
Im responding from a pure technical point of view, this thing is outclassed in its own category, meaning your putting yourself at a disadvantage by using it, which isn't an issue on its own, its just that this weapon is so outclassed that its shit tier and your at a great disadvantage.

The iron sights are however some of the best and in which case i agree, yet you refuse to use sights for some reason so its hard to gauge effectiveness with you in particular, however i can assure you dice doesn't balance around iron sights only.

TheSeks

If I'm so disadvantaged with using the RPK over the other LMGs, I must be doing something right going positive KDR and middle of the board in 64-player matches.

Milennia

If I'm so disadvantaged with using the RPK over the other LMGs, I must be doing something right going positive KDR and middle of the board in 64-player matches.

Your intentionally ignoring what i said.
Which was you can be effective with anything, as well as everything else i said on the subject, which you just glanced over and ignored, only to focus on one specific thing i said, which was that you were at a disadvantage.
Im positive with a cbj-ms, i still see it as a garbage weapon.
Same goes for many of the sniper rifles and shotguns.
There are even some more PDWs i do ok with that i fucking hate and think are bad, but they aren't actually bad, i just don't like them personally, like the P90.

TheSeks

No, what you're saying is it's a "low-tier gun that can't even do anything."

What I'm saying is: "If it's so low-tier that can't even do anything, then why am I pretty effective with it?"

You're saying it's outgunned by the other LMGs. Maybe that's true, but then why would it kill faster ROF LMG and other guns easily for me?

Milennia

No, what you're saying is it's a "low-tier gun that can't even do anything."

What I'm saying is: "If it's so low-tier that can't even do anything, then why am I pretty effective with it?"

You're saying it's outgunned by the other LMGs. Maybe that's true, but then why would it kill faster ROF LMG and other guns easily for me?

You need to show me where i said a "low-tier gun that can't even do anything.".

Because, in fact, i said just the opposite.
Its not maybe, when faced against a skilled player using a better gun you will lose (without obstruction of course as with any other technical situation), and technically every other mag fed LMG ouclasses the 74m.

Which brings us back to me saying the exact same thing again, because you either missed it or ignored it...
You can be effective with anything in pubs, you only play pubs, so I'm approaching you from that standpoint, and it doesn't make the gun any better.

As i said for example... I can kill someone with a 74m or CBJ or wrex.
This doesn't make them good guns.

http://symthic.com/bf4-compare?RPK-74M_vs_U-100_MK5
http://symthic.com/bf4-compare?RPK-74M_vs_QBB-95-1
http://symthic.com/bf4-compare?RPK-74M_vs_RPK-12

Heres a specific table combining all of the guns mentioned- as well as accuracy plots where you have the average LMG fare yet with the 74m losing out in horizontal, as well as spread.
http://symthic.com/bf4-multi-compar...&a12=None&a22=None&a32=None&a42=None&a52=None

Simply put, what this gun has going for it is extremely minor in comparison to what it doesn't.

Milennia

I haven't had any issues with this game prior to this latest patch, suddenly I'm getting an .exe crash during every match ;_;

I get them every other 3rd or so, its pissing me off, probably going to play on a different platform for now.
However i have read people are crashing on PS4 as well, so i don't think i can escape it.

TheSeks

Heres a specific table combining all of the guns mentioned- as well as accuracy plots where you have the average LMG fare yet with the 74m losing out in horizontal, as well as spread.
http://symthic.com/bf4-multi-compar...&a12=None&a22=None&a32=None&a42=None&a52=None

Simply put, what this gun has going for it is extremely minor in comparison to what it doesn't.

Looking at that table, the TTK is the same as the U-100-MK5. Something that people feel is a shitty gun when it comes down more to accuracy and "feeling" in the gun than it being shitty.

The U-100 is a laser gun like the ACE's while the RPK pulls up and to the left slightly with a wider variable of shots but tighter burst grouping.

It's a middle of the road gun according that table. So... I'm not seeing the issue? We're just gonna have to agree to disagree on it because I find it to be a pretty damn good gun that is rock solid in the right hands.

Milennia

Looking at that table, the TTK is the same as the U-100-MK5. Something that people feel is a shitty gun when it comes down more to accuracy and "feeling" in the gun than it being shitty.

The U-100 is a laser gun like the ACE's while the RPK pulls up and to the left slightly with a wider variable of shots but tighter burst grouping.

It's a middle of the road gun according that table. So... I'm not seeing the issue? We're just gonna have to agree to disagree on it because I find it to be a pretty damn good gun that is rock solid in the right hands.

Im willing to agree to disagree as i would like do discuss another subject entirely in the thread that has not yet been brought up :p

Youtubers.

Since the whole gief meh moneyz debacle that has affected the community, do you guys still watch jackfrags/frankieonPC/level cap?

I don't, and have since been searching for other youtubers to watch for some fun.
I have been watching anderzel for some time and find him both good and funny at the same time, he is for sure not serious, in fact, when he tries to act series and explain things, you can even hear him grinning the whole time lol.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ImAnderZEL

I don't know why I torture myself by playing Conquest. It's such a fucking mess. Just played a few matches and the lag and the constant stuttering were as bad as always. It felt like I was missing half of the sounds too. I was getting sniped from 10 feet away and never heard a shot. In many cases, I just started grunting and dropped dead without hearing any gun shots. And I swear to God, I have never ever heard anyone coming from behind when I've been stabbed. Do you have to have your headphones on with a full volume until you can hear any fucking footsteps in this game?..

I think I'm going back to Domination and other smaller scale modes since Conguest is practically unplayable for me.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
There is a single best gun in this game though and it is the single only used weapon in high end games.
DICEs saving grace in terms of balance this go around is that pubs are so varied that you will hardly see the sake weapon in the same game (even though i see the AK every single game, all the fucking time because its like a level 5 unlock and is ridiculous).

However outside of pubs, there is only one gun available.

The ACE 23 is 8th on my list, and I will say that it's lovely. I know it's what competitive players stick with, even though I see one or two of their teammates throw an AEK into the mix. I do find that the M416, 5th on my list, which is ever the slightest bit under it because of a couple things more better just because of the super-fast reload.

When I'm done maxing out the other 8 or so guns I want to finish and then stick with my favorites, the ACE 23 will be one of the 3 or so Assault guns I'll play with. But the M416 suits my playstyle so much more, which is being up-close and flanking and being able to quickly take out groups of people within a quick reload.

The AK-5C is a highly-praised gun that is just a bore to me though. I'm 7 kills away from maxing it, but there are 4 or so carbines that I hold above it, no matter how good I know the gun is at range. Mainly because I'm so used to guns with the most kick that I can kill at the same medium & even long ranges as the AK-5C in the same amount of time by burst-firing. The only reason why I even used the AK-5C is because I want to max as much of the best regarded guns as possible to eliminate the stuff in Gold packages before I stick to what I like.http://www.youtube.com/user/Matimi0 I'm sitting on 11 Gold Battlepacks just for that right now.

I know it's great, but it just feels weak and slow for my playstyle.

Im willing to agree to disagree as i would like do discuss another subject entirely in the thread that has not yet been brought up :p

Youtubers.

Since the whole gief meh moneyz debacle that has affected the community, do you guys still watch jackfrags/frankieonPC/level cap?

I don't, and have since been searching for other youtubers to watch for some fun.
I have been watching anderzel for some time and find him both good and funny at the same time, he is for sure not serious, in fact, when he tries to act series and explain things, you can even hear him grinning the whole time lol.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ImAnderZEL

In every game I play, I always do my own research, experiment and make choices based on raw data so I don't ever go by other's opinions just like that. But for the first time in a game, I have been watching a couple videos from each of the guys you mentioned whenever I'm on a break or eating just to hear what they have to say since some of them also give their opinion based on raw data and feel as well.

One other guy who is on the same level as those guys and makes videos at least as just as often that I also check is Matimi0: http://www.youtube.com/user/Matimi0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom