• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

The ACE 23 is 8th on my list, and I will say that it's lovely. I know it's what competitive players stick with, even though I see one or two of their teammates throw an AEK into the mix. I do find that the M416, 5th on my list, which is ever the slightest bit under it because of a couple things more better just because of the super-fast reload.

When I'm done maxing out the other 8 or so guns I want to finish and then stick with my favorites, the ACE 23 will be one of the 3 or so Assault guns I'll play with. But the M416 suits my playstyle so much more, which is being up-close and flanking and being able to quickly take out groups of people within a quick reload.

The AK-5C is a highly-praised gun that is just a bore to me though. I'm 7 kills away from maxing it, but there are 4 or so carbines that I hold above it, no matter how good I know the gun is at range. Mainly because I'm so used to guns with the most kick that I can kill at the same medium & even long ranges as the AK-5C in the same amount of time by burst-firing. The only reason why I even used the AK-5C is because I want to max as much of the best regarded guns as possible to eliminate the stuff in Gold packages before I stick to what I like.

I know it's great, but it just feels weak and slow for my playstyle.

In every game I play, I always do my own research,experiment and make choices based on raw data so I don't ever go by other's opinions just like that. But for the first time in a game, I have been watching a couple videos from each of the guys you mentioned whenever I'm on a break or eating just to hear what they have too say since some of them also give their opinion based on raw data and feel as well.

One other guy who is on the same level as those guys and makes videos at least as just as often that I also check is Matimi0: http://www.youtube.com/user/Matimi0

Judging from this, i would give the VSS a try if you haven't yet already, it sounds perfect for your playstyle.

I just judge my youtubers on quality entertainment in general, i don't really use any of their advice etc. as a lot of it is obvious most of the time, which is why i love funny players as opposed to technical ones.

Will check out the guy you mentioned now however.

Edit: ok i like this guy lol, he explains every single thing he does as he's doing it, which is what i do lol. Sounds like post production audio though, unless his senses are super human and he can talk like that whilst playing.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Are the campaign save data corruptions fixed on the PS4?

Nope.
They are better, but no fixed, there is still a chance you will lose your save.

I'd just like to say that save corruption is a PS4 OS glitch (which Sony is still working on fixing), not necessarily tied to BF4, just to rule out expectations that DICE somehow can absolutely guarantee it's been "fixed" in a patch.

Milennia

I'd just like to say that save corruption is a PS4 OS glitch (which Sony is still working on fixing), not necessarily tied to BF4, just to rule out expectations that DICE somehow can absolutely guarantee it's been "fixed" in a patch.

I assumed it was both sides of the spectrum as DICE has released patches involving the glitch itself.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I assumed it was both sides of the spectrum as DICE has released patches involving the glitch itself.
Yeah the issue was that sometimes the MP portion of the game would save the SP again.
But the current issue might be the OS bug that Tunesmith says.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Judging from this, i would give the VSS a try if you haven't yet already, it sounds perfect for your playstyle.

I just judge my youtubers on quality entertainment in general, i don't really use any of their advice etc. as a lot of it is obvious most of the time, which is why i love funny players as opposed to technical ones.

Will check out the guy you mentioned now however.

Edit: ok i like this guy lol, he explains every single thing he does as he's doing it, which is what i do lol. Sounds like post production audio though, unless his senses are super human and he can talk like that whilst playing.

Yup, the VSS has definitely been on my list ever since I saw the stats and how it is now the highest damage per second gun in the game. Recoil and kick handling is nothing to me so I would embrace this gun with open arms.

I just don't know yet if I'm willing to throw DICE any money for Second Assault or Premium yet, at least not at full price. I admit that I do love the map choices a ton there, and Metro will still feel fresh to me since the last I played Metro or BF3 in general was the BF3 beta. Oman looks great as well too, plus those maps actually have Levolution unlike China Rising's horrible showing, but amazing MTAR-21 & MP7, which I got for free with the game.

I'm going to hold out in terms of buying anything because it's been ages since I got as mad as I did with a game like I did with BF4. Giving them money would be rewarding them for their mistakes to me. And honestly, I would have put in at least double the amount of time I played in this game were it not for the bugs and glitches. Going to see what else they are to do in terms of giving back to those that went through all those early extra-broken times.

Oh, and Matimi0 does talk in post-production, he looks to put extra planning and care into what he says, and goes over whatever footage is showing so it matches perfectly with what he's saying. Something that I see some other unknown BF4 Youtube guys end up doing when I just happen to look around at their vids, so I end up just watching one video and never check them again.

Preemo

Banned
I tried figuring out what this guys schtick was, i originally though it was MBTs spam as his vehicle stats are insane, but his reports are hidden..

ive played with them before on BF3, it seems they play with a squad of people that dominate, we dominated in the chopper a few times.

Facism

seks baby, i'm with you bro. Been using the RPK-74m and loving it.

Wish DiCE would bring back the L86A2. Fucking loved it in BF3 :(

Milennia

ive played with them before on BF3, it seems they play with a squad of people that dominate, we dominated in the chopper a few times.

I have seem people who are just god tier with vehicles and with massive K/D ratios, so its certainly not out of the question.

I don't like how his reports are hidden though.
Thats like the sniper dude i linked wayyyyy back, who was clearly boosting his stats.

turnbuckle

not enough of dat Hawk 12G!

I'm so bad with shotguns. I have my sensitivity turned up to like 28 (PS4) and whenever I get close to my victim, if I don't kill them on the first shot I'm just all over the place.

That, and I'm an idiot that likes to run out into the action like I'm some hero with a gun and then someone(s) from 25+ meters guns me down.

Is there a consensus for what type of attachments to use with shot guns? Or some pointers a newbie like me might find helpful? Is it dependent upon the type of shotgun? I look at the shotgun charts on symthic and feel more confused after reading it.

Preemo

Banned
I have seem people who are just god tier with vehicles and with massive K/D ratios, so its certainly not out of the question.

I don't like how his reports are hidden though.
Thats like the sniper dude i linked wayyyyy back, who was clearly boosting his stats.

he/she's on my FL, so i can post a few reports:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/431092702429420736/949227788/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/431088667907431616/949227788/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/431083639918402752/949227788/

Milennia

Yeah, he's just god tier in an MBT.

You can also reset your stats to boost your K/D etc. i had a friend do that, but this guy clearly is just good with a tank, no questions asked.
(Not with a weapon though, thats clear judging from his stats and the report you linked)
But good with vehicles none the less, i don't know many people who can go 30- anything with a jet let alone the ridiculous counts this guy puts up with an MBT.

Milennia

another guy i used to play with quite a bit on PS3:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/sk8FL954/stats/239854321/ps4/

this guy is great at infantry, although you wont find him on the front lines, arming MCOMs often. still not completely passive either, great to play with talent like these people.

i wonder if ElitistGamer is still playing BF?

Thats so weird, his stats are almost exactly the same as mine except he has an entire 1.00 up on me in K/D and i have a higher SPM as well as accuracy on the same guns lol.
Some of our weapon choices differ however, as well as kill count on said weapons.
Like i don't use the AEK much even though I'm going to start, yet i have 1000 kills with it due to just using to get 1000 kills for all ARs lol.
I don't use the ACW enough as well, even though i think its a damn good weapon.
He's an AR nut like me lol.

Holiday

Banned
Countermeasures are really sketchy now, in terms of whether they work or not. It'd be nice they actually worked consistently, since scout helicopters have been ruined enough. Wahh.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Im willing to agree to disagree as i would like do discuss another subject entirely in the thread that has not yet been brought up :p

Youtubers.

Since the whole gief meh moneyz debacle that has affected the community, do you guys still watch jackfrags/frankieonPC/level cap?

I don't, and have since been searching for other youtubers to watch for some fun.
I have been watching anderzel for some time and find him both good and funny at the same time, he is for sure not serious, in fact, when he tries to act series and explain things, you can even hear him grinning the whole time lol.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ImAnderZEL

I honestly can't give a damn about EAdvergate. Whatever is linked in here either from them or someone else about the DLC is what I watch. *shrug*

Seks have you considered that you're just a better player than your opponents and your skills allow you to run positive with the worst gun in the game?

Hohoho. I see what you're doing there. But no, really: The RPK is amazing.

seks baby, i'm with you bro. Been using the RPK-74m and loving it.

See, someone agrees. I feel it didn't change much from BF3. Just like the PDW-R and FN P90 both haven't.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
And now here comes the hate part of the relationship with Battlefield 4.

Three games in a row, on three separate servers, I'm getting one-shotted over and over, no headshots even. Check the gamertags of every person that does it, and they're idiots playing from across the ocean while I'm using the server browser set to local servers like I've always done since day one. Never the same people in each match, always at least 4 people in each game. So damn annoying.

The stupid thing is that the server browser ingame is still completely screwed up for all game modes for me on the 360, so I use Battlelog on my laptop. So I don't know if the people I played against were just that stupid to choose foreign servers or the game just put them there and the rest of their friends joined and followed them. I feel that they were just that dumb because in each game they were always at least in a group of 4 people, so they probably did that via Battlelog.

C1intBeastwood is clearly the most superior BF related youtuber

Never heard of him, never had him show up in related channels either.

Facism

I honestly can't give a damn about EAdvergate. Whatever is linked in here either from them or someone else about the DLC is what I watch. *shrug*

Hohoho. I see what you're doing there. But no, really: The RPK is amazing.

See, someone agrees. I feel it didn't change much from BF3. Just like the PDW-R and FN P90 both haven't.

Probably a symptom of being a weapon in a game filled with easymode babby weapons.

Milennia

Probably a symptom of being a weapon in a game filled with easymode babby weapons.

I like easymode babby weapons.
Even used the famas in black ops 1 sup dawg.

(Worth after exclusively using LMGs in BC2, although i have forgotten the name of my favorite weapon in the game, i think it was the MG4, i also like the XM lmg)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I like easymode babby weapons.
Even used the famas in black ops 1 sup dawg.

(Worth after exclusively using LMGs in BC2, although i have forgotten the name of my favorite weapon in the game, i think it was the MG4, i also like the XM lmg)

If you liked the FAMAS in Black Cops, you'll love it in Battlefield. Point it at someone and they generally die. BABBIES.

Milennia

If you liked the FAMAS in Black Cops, you'll love it in Battlefield. Point it at someone and they generally die. BABBIES.

It was slow as shit BO1 though, in this game its 38382828829RoF lol.
If we had the BO iteration it would be a medium range weapon in this game.... Thats actually an interesting discussion.

If you could get a weapon from a different series what would it be?
Mine would be the COD4 MP5
If i had 2 choices... The MW2 Barrett 0 fucks.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Someone mentioned saving your gold battle packs? Is there really any reason why you wouldn't just open all your battle packs as you get them?

I am so fucking done with this game. Just patched it after 2 months of letting the game stew for a bit in the hopes that DICE would have fixed some if not most of the issues, but nope. Now I can't even launch this piece of shit game. Fucking incompetent, greedy, pieces of cunt shit. Everyone over there at DICE can go fuck themselves. Hope this rushed piece of shit was worth all the potential customers ya'll want annually. Hah!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Someone mentioned saving your gold battle packs? Is there really any reason why you wouldn't just open all your battle packs as you get them?

Nothing wrong with opening them as soon as you get them, I did that for the most part.

But I did a test and found that the weapon-specific battlepacks will give you junk if you managed to get everything already for that weapon via Gold battlepacks. For example, the last battlepack that I opened for the SCAR-H gave me four lousy 25% boosts. No weapon skins even. So since I'm busy maxing out my favorite weapons anyways, I'm just saving up my Gold battlepacks to eliminate that. Sometimes I save up so much that I just open them up anyways and start saving up again.

When I'm done with the guns I want to max out, then I'll open up the Gold battlepacks. Better chances for me to get the last battlepack knife and weapon skins out of the Gold ones too.

terrible

Banned
another guy i used to play with quite a bit on PS3:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/sk8FL954/stats/239854321/ps4/

this guy is great at infantry, although you wont find him on the front lines, arming MCOMs often. still not completely passive either, great to play with talent like these people.

i wonder if ElitistGamer is still playing BF?

Basically the same K/D and KPM as my infantry-only account (ya I have multiple accounts lol). Kind of freaky really how close they are.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/iamterrible/stats/177825182/ps4/

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Yo, folks - What are your loadouts?

Thinking of trying some different playstyles. Don't know exactly what weapons are "best", but I've found that the SAR is too slow for me now that I've gotten the hand of bursting and map movement.

Mully

I think it's client side, but lag and rubber banding have really messed with my gameplay the past two days. I'm constantly getting killed by guys with 0 health and losing battles to teleporting players.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Omni

Thinking of trying some different playstyles. Don't know exactly what weapons are "best", but I've found that the SAR is too slow for me now that I've gotten the hand of bursting and map movement.

oo7.PNG

It's so original, I know. Haha

Milennia

We discussed this like 2 pages ago, so ill copy paste :p

In my profile :D
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/loadout/cyborg1/238675183/ps4/#overview

My loadouts are the same exact, for both platforms however, so there is no difference there.
(Except my L85 shows no attatchments sometimes in battlelog, they are, angled-coyote-supp-green laser)
I also very rarely play support, on either platform, but when i do, i use the LSAT.

My loadouts generally are what i play on a daily basis, sometimes i will deviate.
When i do,
(Strictly deviations of what i currently have equipped, what i have equipped now is what i use normally)
Carbines-AK5c
ARs- everything, i am going for 1000 kills with all ARs currently, and am almost finished, i will begin doing the same on PS4 next week and streaming it
But my obvious tryhard pants deviations are the 23 and soon to be F2000.
Shotguns- hawk12g bc i don't really care about shotguns
Snipers- SRR and M98 (SRR for long range and M98 for medium moving targets)
PDWs- VSS and UMP45
Pistols- I only use the 93r and P226, i dont really have a reason to learn other pistols as these 2 serve every purpose i could ever have a need for
(I use the P226 for recon mostly due to the fact i feel its better than the 93r as a "main secondary" meaning i could effectively outshoot a main hand weapon with it if i so had to, and this works well for recon... For obvious reasons, such as having your pistol out when crossing the map or enclosed, infantry filled areas as well as capping, even when aggressive sniping)
(I use the 93r on other kits due to netcode and bombarding someone i just ran out of ammo vs. with more semi auto rounds, it just works and even feels better going from an automatic to a semi, as opposed to an automatic to a single)

(Don't really use LMGs, i prefer to use my top carbines)

Is there a consensus for what type of attachments to use with shot guns? Or some pointers a newbie like me might find helpful? Is it dependent upon the type of shotgun? I look at the shotgun charts on symthic and feel more confused after reading it.

I've just used a RDS like coyote, muzzle break and laser sight. Normal 12 gauge buckshot.

I don't know if using Slugs and a longer scope would be viable in this game as there's the whole category of DMR's available.

Love the Hawk as its a pump action shotgun that kills in one shot but you can reload a magazine in rather than shell at a time. (and it looks badass)

Saiga is my new favourite too. Gotta try that with Frag rounds as i unlock them and see if i can get a Usas-12 style blaster rifle out of it :D

Yo, folks - What are your loadouts

bf4_kits.png

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Thanks a ton for the replies. Waiting to get premium as I'm planning on getting my own console with tax returns (been using a roomies)
Heard they were nerfing the Mtar though. Bummer.

I'm so bad with shotguns. I have my sensitivity turned up to like 28 (PS4) and whenever I get close to my victim, if I don't kill them on the first shot I'm just all over the place.

That, and I'm an idiot that likes to run out into the action like I'm some hero with a gun and then someone(s) from 25+ meters guns me down.

shotguns excel in tight maps like Operation Locker and the smaller layout of DM maps. engage the enemy in close quarters, stick to walls and cover so they need to move into close range to see you, and keep an eye on the minimap so you can see enemy movement.

it's all about practice, so keep at it and try different guns. im going through all the guns I unlocked for service stars just to see if I like some of the ones I didn't spend much time with.

Omni

The MTAR doesn't seem too different post patch. At worst I feel like I'm using an entire clip to kill someone even remotely far away where as before you could burst it a little better

But you're still absolutely dominating in CQ

Does anyone else play Air Superiority?

Is it just me or is the F35 a lot better than the J20?

I haven't played a single game yet where the F35 team hasn't won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom