• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Prob

Banned
Worst thing that has ever happened:

gqvLHjA.gif

He sure isn't shy to brag about his leadership skills. :)

You strike that line chatter, grunt! :D

Ambient80

Not saying people don't get bugs, but for those tempted to jump in, it's not all a pile of shit.

I played the game a rather embarrassing 8 hours today and didn't experience any problems whatsoever. Other nights since the patch we'd get the no sound bug when joining in the middle of a game but not today. Besides that none of my group have had major issues. Even lag or net code problems have been minimal vs most other online games I've played, probably thanks to dedicated servers. One guys game seems to lock up sometimes, he's probably crashed out of a game like 4 times in the past 6 weeks.

Our biggest gripe with the game is probably the way you can't join a game as a squad already, you have to manually organise yourselves once in game and sometimes you can't cos of balance etc.

Our second gripe is the ridiculous UI, I can't change load outs unless in a game or test range or via the website/app? That shit is insane!

But you can get over those, I get more crashes with fifa and more laggy servers in every other game, and I get more frustrated spending 5 minutes matchmaking after every game in halo 4.

I'm on xbox one, it runs well, looks nice enough, I'm really happy tbh.

I'd actually written it off after hearing and reading about it online. Buggiest game ever, evil ea etc. but meh, it's great IMO. Probably the most fun I've ever had in an online shooter.

I just started playing recently, and the bolded above is absolutely insane to me. It's so confusing for a new player who is coming from CoD. How could they not have an implementation where people in a party together could join a game together, and on the same team? It's just bizarre.

"and sometimes you can't cos of balance etc."

this is exactly why you can't join as a squad anymore.

join as squad imbalanced the game

autobalance a squad on join just made people complain

Great playing with everyone tonight, tho I did horrible.

Nothing went right 99% of the time. First few matches I had no ability to gun while in the passenger seat.. Every person I shot at ate all my bullets up then killed me... I had a bullseye on my back while spawning too it seems..
Perhaps one of the most frustrating nights I've ever played.
The overall amount of "Killed by guy with 0 health" was incredible. The amount of no hit markers while having my dot directly on an opponent was astounding. I nearly broke my controller out of frustration as my AEK ROF didn't seem to put enough bullets into guys chest over and over again on Operation Locker...spraying directly into guys and BAM I lose 9 out of 10 times..
One Gulmund even numerous times I would launch an RPG only to see I didnt need to reload cause it never really fired...made a sound, cloud of smoke..but didn't really fire.
Seems map we won were made a bit more difficult cause they had plane pilots. While not very good at capping flags it seems like every helicopter I touched ate shit moments later.

I have no idea how that Peruvian guy, was Rey something, was so untouchable...no matter what I had (Aug, L85, Ace, AEK) he instant killed me..Dude 1-up'd every encounter with the 21 Carbine.
I had a couple mutual kills on him, me with a headshot even, and he was still taking me with him. Even with his silenced Carbine he won the battle of distance over any AR I chose..fucking pathetic.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
To post some positivity - Tonight was a good night of games when everything was working well. Applied a 200% exp in conjunction with the Dexp weekend. Got through the last LMGs, final 4 DMRs, and final two Carbines. I think I got either 4 or 5 gold packs, too.

feelsgoodman

good games olimpia, jjd, pkm, etc... had to duck out during that locker game. i was watching Twitter to see when that Peter Pilotto stuff went live.

except im referring to BF4, which doesnt have a squad up feature.

yep, and the same could be said in other BF games as well.

squad joining would be one more source of team imbalance.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Yeh fair enough squad joining could be really unfair, esp as parties can be huge now, but I do think it can do more to try to add you to the same team when you join, not sure how hard it tries right now. The fact we've all gotten used to coordinating which country then which squad we're in says it all.

Another gripe is spawning in front of enemies or having enemies spawn right behind you. But I guess that's forgiveable given the activity in a game that's bound to happen sometimes.

Question: on zavod when people close the hatches to the roof what's the counter strategy for that? I've seen some people be able to open it from below somehow. Currently all I can do is use air bursts but that's hit and miss.

terrible

Banned
Question: on zavod when people close the hatches to the roof what's the counter strategy for that? I've seen some people be able to open it from below somehow. Currently all I can do is use air bursts but that's hit and miss.

You can now shoot the hatches open. Or at least I've been doing that. Must've been a stealth addition in the last patch. Sparks start shooting out of it and you can't close it for a few moments after you do that.

Facism

Banned from a server after using C4 on an admin's tank, on a server that says "NO RULES," with the ban reason as "INSULT."

Simp admins are a curse.

Nothing went right 99% of the time. First few matches I had no ability to gun while in the passenger seat.. Every person I shot at ate all my bullets up then killed me... I had a bullseye on my back while spawning too it seems..
The overall amount of "Killed by guy with 0 health" was incredible. The amount of no hit markers while having my dot directly on an opponent was astounding. I nearly broke my controller out of frustration as my AEK ROF didn't seem to put enough bullets into guys chest over and over again on Operation Locker...spraying directly into guys and BAM I lose 9 out of 10 times..
One Gulmund even numerous times I would launch an RPG only to see I didnt need to reload cause it never really fired...made a sound, cloud of smoke..but didn't really fire.
Seems map we won were made a bit more difficult cause they had plane pilots. While not very good at capping flags it seems like every helicopter I touched ate shit moments later.

I have no idea how that Peruvian guy, was Rey something, was so untouchable...no matter what I had (Aug, L85, Ace, AEK) he instant killed me..Dude 1-up'd every encounter with the 21 Carbine.
I had a couple mutual kills on him, me with a headshot even, and he was still taking me with him. Even with his silenced Carbine he won the battle of distance over any AR I chose..fucking pathetic.

Those jet pilots on Golmud had to be raging hardcore. I jumped in the MAA and killed their attack jet pilot 2 or 3 times in a row, just hit active protection when he came in for a run and melted his face off. He kept spawning in the jet and doing the same thing over and over again. Wish I would have been on earlier, only had a chance to play a match and I was out.

I started playing BF4 about a week ago and was struggling to find my form since I'd been playing Killzone since launch. I had put 150 hours into BF3 and apparently lost all my skill, but got it back this weekend. LMGs were my weapon of choice in 3, and they're just as satisfying in this game. Unlocked the Type 88 and got 18 kills with it in 30 minutes, 10 of them being headshots! Now the game is fun, except when I have dumb squad mates.

Also, I headshot some dude while driving a tank. I'm sure he was not too happy about that.

Facism

Those jet pilots on Golmud had to be raging hardcore. I jumped in the MAA and killed their attack jet pilot 2 or 3 times in a row, just hit active protection when he came in for a run and melted his face off. He kept spawning in the jet and doing the same thing over and over again. Wish I would have been on earlier, only had a chance to play a match and I was out.

Golmud is a goldmine for this sort of thing. I had a guy in an attack jet constantly trying to get me with laser guided. 2 problems for him, a) i have active protection so LOL missiles and b) he kept flying over slow and in a straight line to keep lock so he was an easy kill.

Eventually he tried to ram me a bunch of times, one of which ended in a roadkill as he ejected just as his jet hit, but the momentum threw him into my MAA lol.

thenexus6

I am getting much better with the sniper now, when I first started I was god awful. Just unlocked the scout sniper it seems pretty decent.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
:|

It was too stressful, you've died from a heart attack.

That's what I've been saying. "KIA" is a soldier heart-attack.

DICE said:
SILVER BATTLEPACK
Opened 17 seconds ago
50% XP BOOST
25% XP BOOST
POTATO GRIP
AUG A3
50% XP BOOST

KCSeU4L.png

To post some positivity - Tonight was a good night of games when everything was working well. Applied a 200% exp in conjunction with the Dexp weekend. Got through the last LMGs, final 4 DMRs, and final two Carbines. I think I got either 4 or 5 gold packs, too.

feelsgoodman

BUT OMG I NEED THOSE SHORTCUTS! </everyone that doesn't put time into 2XP that quickens that grind up>

Sofa King

I think the UI for BF4 is downright horrible. Want to customize your loadouts? Then waste time not helping your team trying to go through the crazy amounts of options. Want to use that XP boost? Make sure you are playing first (but not in the after game menu) and then hit the used-to-be start button (XBO) and find the only button in the bottom right corner that is away from all the other things on the left.

The only DLC I have is China Rising. There should be some simple quick match type way to play DLC. I really don't enjoy running through all the servers to scroll 100 down to find a server to play the maps. If there is an easy way to filter all China Rising DLC, I am not finding it

Not saying people don't get bugs, but for those tempted to jump in, it's not all a pile of shit.

I played the game a rather embarrassing 8 hours today and didn't experience any problems whatsoever. Other nights since the patch we'd get the no sound bug when joining in the middle of a game but not today. Besides that none of my group have had major issues. Even lag or net code problems have been minimal vs most other online games I've played, probably thanks to dedicated servers. One guys game seems to lock up sometimes, he's probably crashed out of a game like 4 times in the past 6 weeks.

Our biggest gripe with the game is probably the way you can't join a game as a squad already, you have to manually organise yourselves once in game and sometimes you can't cos of balance etc.

Our second gripe is the ridiculous UI, I can't change load outs unless in a game or test range or via the website/app? That shit is insane!

But you can get over those, I get more crashes with fifa and more laggy servers in every other game, and I get more frustrated spending 5 minutes matchmaking after every game in halo 4.

I'm on xbox one, it runs well, looks nice enough, I'm really happy tbh.

I'd actually written it off after hearing and reading about it online. Buggiest game ever, evil ea etc. but meh, it's great IMO. Probably the most fun I've ever had in an online shooter.

I think the UI for BF4 is downright horrible. Want to customize your loadouts? Then waste time not helping your team trying to go through the crazy amounts of options. Want to use that XP boost? Make sure you are playing first (but not in the after game menu) and then hit the used-to-be start button (XBO) and find the only button in the bottom right corner that is away from all the other things on the left.

The only DLC I have is China Rising. There should be some simple quick match type way to play DLC. I really don't enjoy running through all the servers to scroll 100 down to find a server to play the maps. If there is an easy way to filter all China Rising DLC, I am not finding it

Huh?

Got to server browser, customise, select whatever game mode you want, then filter only the CR (tick all of them) maps. The results will show CR only servers.

daevv

Any word on when all the grenades and handguns will be unlocked for all? Was DMRs included too? Friend just got the game this weekend and nothing is unlocked. I have the handguns and grenades all unlocked.

Edit: looks like later this month

TheSeks

Any word on when all the grenades and handguns will be unlocked for all? Was DMRs included too? Friend just got the game this weekend and nothing is unlocked. I have the handguns and grenades all unlocked.

Edit: looks like later this month

Use 2XP this weekend. Use boosts. Play TDM while using the weapon classes you want to unlock. ????. PROFIT!

Honestly, they need assignment and air-vehicle unlocks more than ground vehicle/weapons unlocks. Those are EZ.

JJD

Those games were really strange to me as well. I wasn't getting hit marks even when I shot that guy in the face. They had a recon player with TUGS in every flag that they capped so I picked the spec ops perk and didn't sprint at all to stay out of the mini map but they always knew exactly were I was even when their commander didn't have an UAV over the flag.

That guy is from the US and looking at his stats he is good but not THAT good. Don't know why he was insta killing everyone. Overall our team was worse than theirs but the games we lost should have been closer, and we even managed to win a couple ones.

We lost that Paracel game because some dumbass gave away one of our choppers. And because they had two rhibs going around A, D and E non stop. No matter how many times we capped those flags they always started blinking as soon as we left then. People underestimate rhibs and use then just as quick transport but on the right hands on maps lime Paracel they can be a huge advantage and help secure the victory.

TheSeks

So much lag/packetloss. OMG.

Taking a break and gonna be back in a little bit to be frustrated at this. All damn servers lagging.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Example number... fuck it, I lost count in how many brand new problems I experience in this game every single time I play.

Since the server browser has been junk since the latest update, I've been using Battlelog via my laptop to join games for these past weeks. Today, after a match of roof-capping teammates that just left me to do all of the capping, I left after match ended to find another match. Server list shows up much smaller than usual, and all of them only have one spot open. Try to join anyways, none of the server are joinable because Battlelog says that I'm not online in Battlefield 4 despite me just finishing a match and exiting out just fine.

So I figure I should just try going back to dashboard and start the game again to see if it recognizes me as online then. Back out to the main screen like I always do, go to dashboard, start the game up again, and the save file is corrupted. Without even a crash even. Continue, and Battlelog recognizes that I'm online again. So don't think you're safe even when it doesn't crash, you can corrupt your save file without that as well.

This game right here man.

EDIT: I see that I wasn't the only one experiencing garbage hit detection a while ago. Probably explains the crazy-low server count as well. As in, not even any hit markers at all sometimes with that white packet loss icon blinking like crazy today. I stopped to eat, but at this rate I don't think I'll even play anymore today.

Anyone have an opinion on the DLC on current gen? I bought BF4 for my 360 thinking it would be just a stop gap till I made the jump to next gen but honestly, I'm approaching rank 80 at this point along with10k kills. It's runs fairly well and even Conquest feels really good compared to BF3. Thinking I'll probably just wear it out on current gen.

I'm thinking of getting premium though, but what are the servers like? I had premium for BF3 and one thing that irked me was that most DLC packs became a ghost town after a month + a few had content that didn't really play well at all on current gen because of our low player count (AK especially). So I'm just wondering does the DLC have full servers still and does it play well on current gen?

Also is Dawnbreaker straight unplayable in a Heli or is it just me? 75% of the time if I spawn in one at some point in my heli run my game freezes.

Completely agree. Similar situation happened to me last night. I was trying out a new weapon, didn't like it, was getting frustrated with high skill on the other team, and I was quite tired.

I switched to the ACE 23 and went on a 19 kill streak. I died eventually because I was using my pistol. The rest of the night when I used the weapon was just like that. Such a manageable recoil/spread, very accurate, and just a nice weapon to fire.

You try to not use it because you want to give other weapons a shot, but when you come back to it, it delivers every time.

Don't really have too many weapons like that, but is the AK 5C just better full stop than the next weapon in that class? I couldn't get anywhere with it, went back to the 5C and everything was gold again.
Hardly use non-shotguns at all though in fairness.

I guess I'll grab the Pistols free unlock when it shows up, fuck pistol only servers.

:< Ah they're great, though. Operation Locker 500 ticket pistol games, so many laughs. Made the game enjoyable for me after weeks of getting kerbstomped in every other server. Pistols remain the only thing I've fully unlocked, thanks to those servers. Although I'm close with shotguns now. It made my pistol use a lot more solid, thats for sure. Outside them people are apparently not expecting the damage from a sidearm. Silly people.

Ah they're great, though. Operation Locker 500 ticket pistol games, so many laughs. Made the game enjoyable for me after weeks of getting kerbstomped in every other server. Pistols remain the only thing I've fully unlocked, thanks to those servers. Although I'm close with shotguns now. It made my pistol use a lot more solid, thats for sure. Outside them people are apparently not expecting the damage from a sidearm. Silly people.
I'm using the M1911 for the trophy, and since one of the recent patches it experiences 'jamming' (where it suddenly refuses to fire for a few seconds) about 50% of the time. It's basically useless. Is anyone else getting that?

Milennia

That's what I've been saying. "KIA" is a soldier heart-attack.

KCSeU4L.png

BUT OMG I NEED THOSE SHORTCUTS! </everyone that doesn't put time into 2XP that quickens that grind up>

We got the same fucking battlepack except my attachment was a 1x scope for a gun I don't nor have ever used and forgot the name of.

Dem level cap boosts.
Not to mention that shit where they bugged the packs and they gave you battlelog avatars even if you had all of them like I did since day fucking one lol.. 3 wasted battlepack slots for me.

TheSeks

[PTFO] servers: NOPE.

"Locker is ever other round. VIPs (read: me) want it that way."

"No offense, but that's kinda... stupid. Your rules and all, but that gets a little boring."

"Then donate. $60/month I can't care what ya'll think."

... So yeah, gonna avoid that server and Sec9 for more Sabotage servers. Shame there's no "Blacklisting" feature like Source titles so I can skip over those easy.

Figured out why I've been crashing a lot more recently--apparently there's a new bug that REMOVES YOUR GUN when you're in the gunner seat of a vehicle (I think just ground, not sure) and often also causes you to crash. Great. Awesome.

Jezbollah

Figured out why I've been crashing a lot more recently--apparently there's a new bug that REMOVES YOUR GUN when you're in the gunner seat of a vehicle (I think just ground, not sure) and often also causes you to crash. Great. Awesome.

I had this a few times yesterday. FFS, Dice.

-Deimos

Had this happen for a few seconds before we got blown up. Don't think I crashed afterwards.

There's too many names in the PC list to go through. Everyone in NA add me on Origin: IIDeimos.

I'm using the M1911 for the trophy, and since one of the recent patches it experiences 'jamming' (where it suddenly refuses to fire for a few seconds) about 50% of the time. It's basically useless. Is anyone else getting that?

Haven't used the M1911 in a while but it's my number 5 weapon for kills (as in it has 65 >.>). I'm not sure if I have used it since the patch you mention but I don't think that's ever happened to me.

Gorillaz

I'm LTTP on the game mode obliteration but it is fun as hell. Dont get as much points but its hilarious watching people crash planes into enemy bomb holder

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I'm LTTP on the game mode obliteration but it is fun as hell. Dont get as much points but its hilarious watching people crash planes into enemy bomb holder

Yeh I just had an awesome time on obliteration. Operation locker, grabbed the bomb near our bases and ran all the way to the enemy base, ducking in and out of alleys and corridors, my team was like an American football defence, taking bullets and enemies out. No one stopped me as I planted :D

It makes me go abit objective crazy though, I end up forgetting to kill and just charge in a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom