• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
U-rock servers lagging something fierce. Doesn't matter the mode, get packet losses easily.

Rubberbanding all around!

ibqefuZhRPmRzS.gif

ibcJsfSOz8dzVB.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP8lY5_obd8&feature=youtu.be

Looks like fun

Finally having some fun with the controller setup. Got my Saiga, wreckin' dudes on Locker*.

Wreckin' dudes = getting >=1.0 KDR

Welp, screwed it up, I think by increasing controller sensitivity. Hrmf.

Holy carp I just went 9/0 in the first few minutes of a game. Damn what a rush.

It was TDM though.

I went 7-0 in the first 45 seconds of the conquest match I just dropped into, spawned on a squadmate who was on a roof full of enemy snipers just sitting there and then 3 more sitting ducks climbing up a ladder

I died when I ran out of ammo lol

Kak.efes

I just encountered a handful of bugs I've never seen before. I couldn't sprint, couldn't close application, every time I'd jump, my guy would fire off a single round from his gun. I couldn't shoot my main cannon or secondary in the tank as a driver. Couldn't maneuver on the home screen. Is this new? Or is my PS4 bricking?

Four months after launch. Still broken.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Stuff from today play session:

POSITIVES
+ Got like 4 kills and a bunch of vehicles destroyed with the Cruise Missile in Commander Mode
+ Rolled hard with underwater mines in Paracel
+ Got a Roadkill with a plane... on a dude in a Boat
+ 4 Battlepacks (Love 'em)

NEGATIVES
- My XP points for the second Commander star got lost for some reason
- Looots of "rubberbanding"
- Some assignments ive completed keep showing up.
- Commander Mode is quite buggy

-Deimos

I went 7-0 in the first 45 seconds of the conquest match I just dropped into, spawned on a squadmate who was on a roof full of enemy snipers just sitting there and then 3 more sitting ducks climbing up a ladder

I died when I ran out of ammo lol

Where's the option to throw your gun at the enemy?

terrible

Banned
I fully ran out of ammo once before being able to pick up a gun from a corpse and a stupid Support player on my team refused to give me ammo. I kept following him around asking for ammo until he finally moved into a corner. I backed into him so he couldn't move and stayed there until an enemy found us and killed us (he was firing at me to get me to move lol). I felt that was fair and hilarious.

I'm a bit of a jerk sometimes. I could've found a corpse to raid if I really wanted to.

-Deimos

I fully ran out of ammo once before being able to pick up a gun from a corpse and a stupid Support player on my team refused to give me ammo. I kept following him around asking for ammo until he finally moved into a corner. I backed into him so he couldn't move and stayed there until an enemy found us and killed us (he was firing at me to get me to move lol). I felt that was fair and hilarious.

I'm a bit of a jerk sometimes. I could've found a corpse to raid if I really wanted to.

Play HC and shoot the jerk in the ass.

I spawned half way inside the ground on Hainan last night, and then once again today, WTF? It really fucked me over too, because I couldn't go up stairs or anything unless I kept hitting jump.

TheSeks

I spawned half way inside the ground on Hainan last night, and then once again today, WTF? It really fucked me over too, because I couldn't go up stairs or anything unless I kept hitting jump.

Map shark. Should've used that to your advantage and prone'd in a hotspot and shot everyone from under the map.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I know I'm probably late in saying this, but the China Rising maps feel really unpolished in a lot of areas. Waist high walls that you can't vault, debris from fences/small trees that you can't hop over, areas of the map that are within boundaries but feel bugged to hell and back (that lakeside corner across from the bridge near Conquest Flag D [bomber location] in Dragon Pass is a mess), and just the other day I parachuted down onto one of those small mesas in Silk Road to kill a guy, I went prone but he saw me, we unloaded into each-other, no hitmarkers, no damage taken, I go into a crouch and everything works again. I had sunken under the ground apparently.

TheSeks

Does it go into the full knife animation? That would be hilarious.

No. You can slash them to death, not assassinate (whatever they call it in BF, I'm using Halo Reaches term)-florish melee them, since they're your teammates.

Commanded so hard that the game crashed the entire PC. Like, literally crashed to desktop and Windows couldn't do shit. Weird, first time that's happened.

TheSeks

OH SHIT: Origin added Battlefield 4 achievements. Five months after the console versions, just like BF3. :lol

Retroactive. Thanks DICE/EA?

Ohhhhh, no. They have campaign (guess I'll go through that again) and multiplayer for it. Seems to be matching the console versions in achievements compared to BF3 which was just the (terrible) multiplayer achievements.

Stuff from today play session:

POSITIVES
+ Got like 4 kills and a bunch of vehicles destroyed with the Cruise Missile in Commander Mode
+ Rolled hard with underwater mines in Paracel
+ Got a Roadkill with a plane... on a dude in a Boat
+ 4 Battlepacks (Love 'em)

NEGATIVES
- My XP points for the second Commander star got lost for some reason
- Looots of "rubberbanding"
- Some assignments ive completed keep showing up.
- Commander Mode is quite buggy

dose anyone know if these stop showing up if you go and do the assignments again?

TheSeks

Should. They did for me. But I don't see why you would want to redo that stuff unless you're anal about it.

Speaking of the achievements: Announced 4 days ago and rolled out today. GG EA?

Had a 40-0 match today and two 42-0 matches, I actually had one guy message me over PSN and asked me what I was using lol. If you play smart and wait for reinforcement from teammates and try not to act like rambo you can stay alive for a long time. That's the most important thing to me, never try to solo cap a flag with 10 enemies around.

Omni

Had a 40-0 match today and two 42-0 matches, I actually had one guy message me over PSN and asked me what I was using lol. If you play smart and wait for reinforcement from teammates and try not to act like rambo you can stay alive for a long time. That's the most important thing to me, never try to solo cap a flag with 10 enemies around.

Oh wow. Nice job!

I think my streak without a vehicle is like 20. At that point I'm usually chasing team mates around for ammo and/or being killed trying to pick up another kit. The chatbox on console helps, but people are still oblivious.

Facism

Should. They did for me. But I don't see why you would want to redo that stuff unless you're anal about it.

Speaking of the achievements: Announced 4 days ago and rolled out today. GG EA?

Achievements were available for BF4 at least a week ago. I was perusing through them, mostly shitty singleplayer "collect x amount of shit you don't care about" square jpegs and meaningless points.

Obliteration is fun as hell, I hated it intially but it's dumb hectic fun.

it is definitely the Rush of this game. With both teams being of equal skill, such awesome hectic matches.

if not though, the scales tip much harder than in Conquest. A clansquad can single handedly win the matches in under 10 minutes with a chopper pilot and engineers if the other team is fucking about.

Acorn

it is definitely the Rush of this game. With both teams being of equal skill, such awesome hectic matches.

if not though, the scales tip much harder than in Conquest. A clansquad can single handedly win the matches in under 10 minutes with a chopper pilot and engineers if the other team is fucking about.
Yeah it can be brutal at times.

On a different topic anyone feel like assault should have c4? I know they are defenceless by design but it makes going assault in Conquest less appealing.

Yeah it can be brutal at times.

On a different topic anyone feel like assault should have c4? I know they are defenceless by design but it makes going assault in Conquest less appealing.

Nah, it would make it a pretty god-tier class having healing and tank destroying abilities :D

Game by design is that you need teamwork to survive against everything.

Acorn

Nah, it would make it a pretty god-tier class having healing and tank destroying abilities :D

Game by design is that you need teamwork to survive against everything.
Lol true. I think it was bc2 that had Assault with c4 and all ammo with support having health packs and a mortar.

I liked those days.

TheSeks

Hmm... Premium Battlepack gave me all the Second Assault premium dogtags. Was it supposed to release today initially?

Battlelog's Premium calander doesn't show anything about it still.

Premium members on PS4 (...more than likely all consoles? lol) got new dogtags today:
Premium Second Assault
basic279.png

Premium Caspian
advanced315.png

Premium Firestorm
advanced316.png

Premium Metro
advanced317.png

and Premium Oman
advanced318.png

Possible Second Assault release tomorrow on PSN? I hope so :(

EDIT: @TheSeks I'm guessing tomorrow at least for Sony consoles, maybe PC tonight idk

Acorn

Premium members on PS4 (...more than likely all consoles? lol) got new dogtags today:
Premium Second Assault
basic279.png

Premium Caspian
advanced315.png

Premium Firestorm
advanced316.png

Premium Metro
advanced317.png

and Premium Oman
advanced318.png

EDIT: @TheSeks I'm guessing tomorrow at least for Sony consoles, maybe PC tonight idk
Ha a saints row tag sorta

Facism

Premium Second Assault
basic279.png

Premium Caspian
advanced315.png

Premium Firestorm
advanced316.png

Premium Metro
advanced317.png

and Premium Oman
advanced318.png

got em on PC today.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The Oman Dog Tag looks boss.
Second Assault Tomorrow? Big patch today?

I'll have to go on a business trip tomorrow for 2 weeks. First my PS4 goes down, now this. FML.

btw. Yeah I'll miss my wife too, but I know her for years but only spent around 100 hours with BF4 ;)

Acinixys

OH SHIT: Origin added Battlefield 4 achievements. Five months after the console versions, just like BF3. :lol

Retroactive. Thanks DICE/EA?

Ohhhhh, no. They have campaign (guess I'll go through that again) and multiplayer for it. Seems to be matching the console versions in achievements compared to BF3 which was just the (terrible) multiplayer achievements.

Why the hell does the Origin client not check Battlelog to see which SP assignments have been completed

Thats dumb as shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom