• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timu

Shut your damn mouth. Caspian and Oman are the best things BF4 is going to get. Calling it right now.

(And Oman would still be the best damn thing BF4 gets even if the other packs get good-to-great maps)
Until actual new maps come out that is.=p

Shut your damn mouth. Caspian and Oman are the best things BF4 is going to get. Calling it right now.

(And Oman would still be the best damn thing BF4 gets even if the other packs get good-to-great maps)

are jets going to get their own runways like they had in BF3?

Rey

If everything goes right, I could have my new PS4 tomorrow.
So I hope I can destroy turnbuckles new found confidence starting tomorrow ;)

Thats good to hear Dominik. You had some rest and I'm sure the misses didn't mind you not playing BF for a week :)

I realize this is irrational, but I'm pretty sure I hate DICE far more for terrible weapon unlock assignments than their bugs. Spent three games on China Rising trying to get into the bomber because... DICE.

BTW, Silk Road seems like a good place to get that 250m sniper kill. Find a distant hill and pick off someone waiting to get into the bomber.

UCAV didn't bother me, it's the bloody bomber kills that are driving me nuts. In about 30 attempts I have 2 or 3 kills.

I hated all LMGs, but then I tried a very unusual setup and love it:

Chinese QBB LMG
Suppressor
Ergo grip
IRNV 2x scope
Smoke grenades
Ammo box
C4

Go full auto when firing (it's very controllable) and don't be afraid to throw smoke grenades (you can spam them endlessly if you drop an ammo box first) at your (or their) feet if things look tough. I find this setup very effective despite seeming very whacky. I only tried the IRNV scope because I got it in an early battle pack for this gun, but now it's my standard Support load out.

I'll give it a try. Things have been going better for me since I got the ergo grip for my M249. Just need a solid mid/long range loadout.

Out of all the BC1 maps, I think End of the Line would suit BF4 the most.

Par For The Course and Crossing Over too

I realize this is irrational, but I'm pretty sure I hate DICE far more for terrible weapon unlock assignments than their bugs. Spent three games on China Rising trying to get into the bomber because... DICE.

BTW, Silk Road seems like a good place to get that 250m sniper kill. Find a distant hill and pick off someone waiting to get into the bomber.

*takes notes*

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah but I already played the hell out of it in BF2 and BF3!!!

And...?

I'm not seeing the problem here...?

It's GOAT for a reason. Playing the hell out of it doesn't mean anything, you'll play the hell out of it in BF4 and you'll like it damn it. >:|

Schlep

They really need to tone down the headshots in the next patch. Feels like 75% of my deaths come from that. At least in BF3 I had a second or two to react to being shot.

Wow heavy barrel, such difference on LMG. Feel like I can actually kill things at ranged.

Now I'm wonder what grip is best, haven't tried angled yet, I feel like that could be the best all around besides bipoding and holding a position.

TheSeks

ARGHHHHH.

Missed out on my last Bomber Delivery Ribbon by ONE kill that round. FFFFFFFFF.

Bombless

DMRs fully unlocked. I guess I'll grab the Pistols free unlock when it shows up, fuck pistol only servers. QBU-88 is still the best, with the SCAR SV as a decent sidegrade (more rounds per magazine, less precise).

It's my go to weapon on non CQC maps on Engie/Recon and Support when I don't want to use a LMG.

terrible

Banned
Since the KH2002 and AN-94 were my fav BF3 guns I figured I'd finally give the M16 a chance in this game. Man did it ever make me rage. It's garbage mid to long range and it jams when you spam it for close encounters. It's the worst gun I've used in this game.

TheSeks

AN-94 were my fav BF3 guns

AwWyuWX.png

And the M16 jammed in BF3 as well. So... like father, like son?

1743614_10100439538914305_2003502899_n.jpg

I'm juvenile, I know.

terrible

Banned
AwWyuWX.png

And the M16 jammed in BF3 as well. So... like father, like son?

1743614_10100439538914305_2003502899_n.jpg

I'm juvenile, I know.

I was getting this sucker to jam after one burst though, and it was jamming almost every time I spammed it once I started getting my trigger finger back up to speed.

I didn't use the M16 much in BF3 since I preferred the KH2002/AN-94 though. Maybe the jam "feature" was identical with that. The KH and AN didn't jam anywhere near that easily.

TheSeks

Something to do with fire rate. I don't recall the AN-94 (which is
AwWyuWX.png
) jamming, but that was the least of it's issues in BF3.

KH2002 I have someone telling me jammed, but I never had that issue since I treated it like the BC2 AN-94. Tappa-tappa-tappa.

terrible

Banned
Something to do with fire rate. I don't recall the AN-94 (which is
AwWyuWX.png
) jamming, but that was the least of it's issues in BF3.

KH2002 I have someone telling me jammed, but I never had that issue since I treated it like the BC2 AN-94. Tappa-tappa-tappa.

The AN-94 was still really fun to use for me. In a non competitive setting it was incredibly easy to take out headglitchers or snipers at range. Obviously once you bring in good players w/ M16s it's useless but I still enjoyed using it.

And yeah the KH would jam on occasion. It didn't do it all that often though.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Seriously?

Sat down to grind through the entire campaign to unlock weapons
Crashed to dash after the boat mission
All campaign data lost

Fuck this.

Seriously?

Sat down to grind through the entire campaign to unlock weapons
Crashed to dash after the boat mission
All campaign data lost

Fuck this.
PSA:

If you plan to go through the SP campaign on PS4, disable your internet connection on the PS4 and don't re-enable it until you're finished. Back up your save file to USB stick after every play session. You'll be OK if you do that.

Once you're done with the campaign, don't forget to back up your save file one final time (once you re-enable your internet connection and start playing MP your save file will get corrupted in short order).

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Urgh, while playing Conquest on Paracel Storm, I got a headshot with the magnum on a guy in a Little Bird who was trying to gun me down head on, and the stupid PS4 capture grabbed the wrong footage.

mitchman

Gold Member
PSA:

If you plan to go through the SP campaign on PS4, disable your internet connection on the PS4 and don't re-enable it until you're finished. Back up your save file to USB stick after every play session. You'll be OK if you do that.

Once you're done with the campaign, don't forget to back up your save file one final time (once you re-enable your internet connection and start playing MP your save file will get corrupted in short order).

No need to disable the internet connection, just disable sync of the BF4 save files and upload them manually after every mission in SP.

Schlep

It would be nice if people knew how to play domination. I was on one server tonight for a few hours having some of the best games I've had. Went to grab dinner. Came back and ended up on 5 or 6 different servers with people not reviving, playing sniper, and camping buildings. The whole "Go back to CoD" thing seems like a joke, but it really is easy to tell when people don't know how to play Battlefield (eg. you're on a TEAM).

TheSeks

Tank in the Underground Mall of Shanghai needs to be fixed, badly.

Shit just got real. Hooked up my PS4 downloaded BF4 and ready to go.
I hope you read that Turnbuckle because after I'm done with you, you won't dare to go back to this thread ever again!

No need to disable the internet connection, just disable sync of the BF4 save files and upload them manually after every mission in SP.
It's the battlelog integration that causes the vast majority of the save file corruption issues, rather than the cloud upload. Disabling the internet connection prevents the battlelog integration from working and therefore prevents the vast majority of save file corruption events.

Par For The Course and Crossing Over too

Yeah fun levels, I always forget about crossing over.

Shit just got real. Hooked up my PS4 downloaded BF4 and ready to go.
I hope you read that Turnbuckle because after I'm done with you, you won't dare to go back to this thread ever again!

GG Señor.

Hopefully, DrProb didn't exert to much 'silent' pressure. I heard he rules the commander spot with an iron fist.

Dries

So where does everyone stand on the choice between an Assault Rifle or Carbine? I think I'm leaning more towards Assault Rifles because of the higher damage and accuracy stat. As far as I'm seeing it, Carbines only better rate of fire. Anyone care to share their opinions?

Also, what is the difference between M320 Dart and the M26 Frag? Both seem the same thing.

So where does everyone stand on the choice between an Assault Rifle or Carbine? I think I'm leaning more towards Assault Rifles because of the higher damage and accuracy stat. As far as I'm seeing it, Carbines only better rate of fire. Anyone care to share their opinions?

Also, what is the difference between M320 Dart and the M26 Frag? Both seem the same thing.
I'll take a dmr. But if I had to choose, assault rifle, ace 23 all day. But since the patch, I have been using the mk11 to great success and really like it a lot compared to the other dmr's.

Frag round is like a small less damaging single grenade round, might even do light vehicle damage and should have some splash damage to it. Dart is more like a shotgun round in that it fires multiple projectiles in each shot, it used to be op in bf3 due to a glitch. Haven't used any of the mass weapon attachments on BF4 yet. I prefer just go old school medic with defibrillators and medic packs.

Yeah fun levels, I always forget about crossing over.

GG Señor.

Hopefully, DrProb didn't exert to much 'silent' pressure. I heard he rules the commander spot with an iron fist.
Locker went really well but the other rounds...I was the light hitting backup catcher on a winning team .

He sure isn't shy to brag about his leadership skills. :)

Anyone finding there are way fewer servers on PC today for some reason? I've seen between five and twenty max, which is ridiculous. Haven't changed anything in my filters either:

mitchman

Gold Member
It's the battlelog integration that causes the vast majority of the save file corruption issues, rather than the cloud upload. Disabling the internet connection prevents the battlelog integration from working and therefore prevents the vast majority of save file corruption events.

Ok, but by manually uploading the valid save files, you will always have a working save file backed up. Worked for me, but ymmv.

StewboaT_

PSA:

LOL!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Wow, I just finished my second Rush for today, and in usual DICE fashion, it looks like the patch that supposedly fixes things brought me new problems yet once again.

I guess I got the sound glitch that some people were talking about before when the sound totally drops out for no reason. And I got it at the worst possible time too - I was in a building that totally whole that I ran into to recover some health after I killed someone, and then the sound drops out, leaving me thinking "what the hell"? All of a sudden, still with no sound I'm gunned down by a turret. Kill view turns to a tank that blew out the whole back of the building and killed me with the gunner machine gun, all while I didn't hear a thing because of the sound dropping out.

As bad as that was, it wasn't even the most annoying new glitch I never had before in that match. I was on a 4-man squad where everyone was alive and running around in my view and on the minimap, but everyone's name except for one guy was grey in the squad list. Now because of this, whenever I died, even though all the other guys were alive and moving around, NOT in vehicles or out of bounds even, were unable to be spawned on. So I kept having to spawn on the one camping recon on my team in the back of map doing absolutely nothing. After a couple times I hopped to the only other squad that wasn't full, and the same thing - full squad, only one guy could be spawned on.

It's like DICE is going to have to give me free premium to even feel true fan appreciation for this game. I don't think there are any other developers out there that could screw up their own game like this on purpose if they tried.

I'm not sure if it's a recent BF4 update or maybe the AMD beta drivers with mantle support but playing 3 matches today and all 3 of them the game froze. All my other games I usually play (TF2, DOTA 2, Diablo 3) all play fine.

Milennia

So first day back on PS4.
All games were fine outside of the usual crap, however i had one experience i hadn't dealt with yet... Couldn't ADS nor anything else outside of sprint and hipfire lol, no weapon switching/equipment or anything,

Fixed itself after i killed 2 people, but damn that was infuriating.

Didn't DC however and only rubber banded on hainan and altai, which are the same maps i get rubber banding on PC as well.
Played for a good 7 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom