• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
PSA:

If you plan to go through the SP campaign on PS4, disable your internet connection on the PS4 and don't re-enable it until you're finished. Back up your save file to USB stick after every play session. You'll be OK if you do that.

Once you're done with the campaign, don't forget to back up your save file one final time (once you re-enable your internet connection and start playing MP your save file will get corrupted in short order).

Thank you, very much. I'll do this either tonight or tomorrow.

Urgh, while playing Conquest on Paracel Storm, I got a headshot with the magnum on a guy in a Little Bird who was trying to gun me down head on, and the stupid PS4 capture grabbed the wrong footage.

Yeah, I know that feel. I had what I "thought" were two great clips, until I checked them and saw that I pushed the share button to start my recording at the wrong time. I didn't know that when you took the screenshot it saved the last 15 minutes that were recorded either. Thankfully I learned through my fails.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Whoo-hoo. Nearly level 90. Twenty more levels to go. >_<

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
So does using 100xp boost on double xp weekend work or am I wasting it?

Certainly getting a lot of points but I dunno if it's cos of 100% or 200%!

I went from level 30 to 36 in the space of a few hours though!

Milennia

So does using 100xp boost on double xp weekend work or am I wasting it?

Certainly getting a lot of points but I dunno if it's cos of 100% or 200%!

I went from level 30 to 36 in the space of a few hours though!

They stack so its worth.
Although double xp isnt working for my friend so im unsure if its working at all.

kaizoku

They stack so its worth.
Although double xp isnt working for my friend so im unsure if its working at all.

Working for me and my mates. I went up two levels in one game before. I'm on xbone, what are you guys on?

TheSeks

I think that's more EA servers than DICE. But it's half and half.

And ARGHHHHH we could've stalemated (albit still lost) that Operation Locker Sabotage round if Darkflow and Kane spawned on me at A but they were all the way at the enemy base while I'm taking on like 3-4 dudes to my death with one L86A5 magazine. ARGHHHH

meppi

Every map has rubberbanding. Still getting crashes on PS4. Dice is a shit developer.

And yet there are several Gaffers who insist that the game is absolutely perfect on PS4 and that they have never come across a bug in 6million hours of playtime.

If you come across one of these assholes, please forward this clip that I recorded tonight on PS4. :-/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtClqxf41u0

Piece of shit developer indeed!

Bombless

And yet there are several Gaffers who insist that the game is absolutely perfect on PS4 and that they have never come across a bug in 6million hours of playtime.

If you come across one of these assholes, please forward this clip that I recorded tonight on PS4. :-/

So basically every time you get demolition effects near you it slows like that? Jesus. Next gen indeed.

Milennia

Who is insisiting the game is perfect on PS4? I havent seen anyone in this thread make that claim.

Are they people on the gaming side?
Experiences are different. I used to crash every game whilst others claimed to have crashed every other or third.
I also experienced rubber banding on 1 single map for the entirety of the games release whilst on PS4, up until current patch where i have recently got it on 2.
I 35% of the time get lag after levolution, however its 100% for me on siege.
Just played a game last night with a friend who crashed 3 times and i crashed 0 and wasn't experiencing rubber banding like he was, in fact, i have half of the games recorded on the PS4.
I got rubber banding on altai and hainan exclusively, where he was rubber banding on golmud and langcang as well, when i clearly wasn't, as further proof, i came in first in every game i played (outside of 3 in a 7 hour play session that were played by my friend whilst at his house while i had to do something, those were both even and one negative with a shit score) last night due to these minimal issues and they are all visible in my log. in fact you will be hard pressed to find a game i don't, when its working properly for me.
This is after a month break from playing the game with a controller as oppose to a kb/m.
I don't consider myself an asshole.

meppi

So basically every time you get demolition effects near you it slows like that? Jesus. Next gen indeed.

Not every time, but it occurs semi-regular. :(
Tried to record a lot more of this kind of stuff as well as the usual rubber banding and 1 hit kill BS as well as dozens upon dozens of 0HP kills which all were supposed to be fixed.
The problem is that the recording feature for this game still doesn't work like it should either so I only got these two examples.

Who is insisiting the game is perfect on PS4? I havent seen anyone in this thread make that claim.

Are they people on the gaming side?
Experiences are different. I used to crash every game whilst others claimed to have crashed every other or third.
I also experienced rubber banding on 1 single map for the entirety of the games release whilst on PS4, up until current patch where i have recently got it on 2.
I 35% of the time get lag after levolution, however its 100% for me on siege.
Just played a game last night with a friend who crashed 3 times and i crashed 0 and wasn't experiencing rubber banding like he was, in fact, i have half of the games recorded on the PS4.
I got rubber banding on altai and hainan exclusively, where he was rubber banding on golmud and langcang as well, when i clearly wasnt.
I don't consider myself an asshole.
No not in this thread.

Just keep en eye out for the next "BF4 sucks" topic that is bound to pop up on the gaming board and you'll notice a couple of guys pop in there proclaiming that the ones who are having problems are always over exaggerating, mentioning how they haven't run into a single bug yet they have been playing it since launch.
It's like clockwork.

Starting to think some of them might be on the payroll as well. Certainly wouldn't put it past EA at this point.

Edit: Oh and I just noticed when I click on my own video that I get the following from Youtube:

We detected your video may be shaky. Would you like us to stabilise it?
Fucking lol. :D

I think that's more EA servers than DICE. But it's half and half.

And ARGHHHHH we could've stalemated (albit still lost) that Operation Locker Sabotage round if Darkflow and Kane spawned on me at A but they were all the way at the enemy base while I'm taking on like 3-4 dudes to my death with one L86A5 magazine. ARGHHHH

I was already alive way before they were near A. Not my fault our teammates can't cover you. :p

I'm getting so many 20x scopes in battlepacks, it's driving me nuts.

Milennia

Not every time, but it occurs semi-regular. :(
Tried to record a lot more of this kind of stuff as well as the usual rubber banding and 1 hit kill BS as well as dozens upon dozens of 0HP kills which all were supposed to be fixed.
The problem is that the recording feature for this game still doesn't work like it should either so I only got these two examples.

No not in this thread.

Just keep en eye out for the next "BF4 sucks" topic that is bound to pop up on the gaming board and you'll notice a couple of guys pop in there proclaiming that the ones who are having problems are always over exaggerating, mentioning how they haven't run into a single bug yet they have been playing it since launch.
It's like clockwork.

Starting to think some of them might be on the payroll as well. Certainly wouldn't put it past EA at this point.

Edit: Oh and I just noticed when I click on my own video that I get the following from Youtube:

Fucking lol. :D
Ah ok.
Im quite sure nobody out there is experiencing 0 issues on the system, they could however be experiencing issues that don't bother them as much as others, or consider crashing is the only bug that was major and once the majority of the crash every game issue was fixed, they considered it fixed.
Where as some still crash, such as my friend, but on occasion as opposed to every game.

Etc. etc.
I consider the game bugged to fuck but i enjoy it and i rarely have bugs interfere with my actual ability to play as of a couple months ago, which is what i tell people.
I also tell them thats my experience and others can and will be different regarding this game.

Any time a building is destroyed or anything blows up I get lag on Hainan, it's almost guaranteed. God forbid they blow up a side of the hotel, then everything goes ape shit and it's like you're playing in slow motion.

VariantX

Ran into a bug that wouldn't allow me to fire in the gunner position of the tank so, yeah that sucked. On the upside, getting 4 service stars in a round + double xp weekend + 200% xp boost + various ribbons equaled nearly 150,000 xp for one round of conquest. not too shabby.

ezekial45

Banned
Should I buy the game on discount? The deluxe version is on Origin now for $34.99, and I was meaning to get in on the game sometime soon.

Is the game in a good state to play?

Back-to-back games where I got 2 kills in the bomber and then couldn't get back in again. Fuck your assignments, DICE.

It's gotten to the point that I'm fantasizing about teamkilling people using a quad just so I'm not elbowing 1-3 people trying get access to the damn thing.

Back-to-back games where I got 2 kills in the bomber and then couldn't get back in again. Fuck your assignments, DICE.

It's gotten to the point that I'm fantasizing about teamkilling people using a quad just so I'm not elbowing 1-3 people trying get access to the damn thing.

Are you holding the enter vehicle button?

TheSeks

I got mine done today. I'd rage if I had to do that over on PS3. Fuck that assignment.

Milennia

Anyone? I'm ready to pull the trigger on this.

Is the game in a good state to play?

The game is playable.
It has a significant amount of bugs and rubber banding on some maps personally, and more maps for others.

Here is a list (a bit dated, some of these have been fixed)
https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2955064770579715724/

If these seem minor or wouldn't be an annoyance to you, buy at that price, if they do, wait or ignore it.

Personally, i have experienced maybe 25 of the bugs on that list and half of which were patched out relatively, yet exist in some form or another to less of an extent.

Crashing was extremely frequent at one point about 2 months ago, it is now nonexistent for me personally outside of server bombs.
As of the latest patch, i have had friends crash and others have reported crashing again on PS4 as well as .EXE errors on PC, although still at a MUCH lower rate than previously.

kaizoku

Not saying people don't get bugs, but for those tempted to jump in, it's not all a pile of shit.

I played the game a rather embarrassing 8 hours today and didn't experience any problems whatsoever. Other nights since the patch we'd get the no sound bug when joining in the middle of a game but not today. Besides that none of my group have had major issues. Even lag or net code problems have been minimal vs most other online games I've played, probably thanks to dedicated servers. One guys game seems to lock up sometimes, he's probably crashed out of a game like 4 times in the past 6 weeks.

Our biggest gripe with the game is probably the way you can't join a game as a squad already, you have to manually organise yourselves once in game and sometimes you can't cos of balance etc.

Our second gripe is the ridiculous UI, I can't change load outs unless in a game or test range or via the website/app? That shit is insane!

But you can get over those, I get more crashes with fifa and more laggy servers in every other game, and I get more frustrated spending 5 minutes matchmaking after every game in halo 4.

I'm on xbox one, it runs well, looks nice enough, I'm really happy tbh.

I'd actually written it off after hearing and reading about it online. Buggiest game ever, evil ea etc. but meh, it's great IMO. Probably the most fun I've ever had in an online shooter.

Not saying people don't get bugs, but for those tempted to jump in, it's not all a pile of shit.

I played the game a rather embarrassing 8 hours today and didn't experience any problems whatsoever. Other nights since the patch we'd get the no sound bug when joining in the middle of a game but not today. Besides that none of my group have had major issues. Even lag or net code problems have been minimal vs most other online games I've played, probably thanks to dedicated servers. One guys game seems to lock up sometimes, he's probably crashed out of a game like 4 times in the past 6 weeks.

Our biggest gripe with the game is probably the way you can't join a game as a squad already, you have to manually organise yourselves once in game and sometimes you can't cos of balance etc.

Our second gripe is the ridiculous UI, I can't change load outs unless in a game or test range or via the website/app? That shit is insane!

But you can get over those, I get more crashes with fifa and more laggy servers in every other game, and I get more frustrated spending 5 minutes matchmaking after every game in halo 4.

I'm on xbox one, it runs well, looks nice enough, I'm really happy tbh.

I'd actually written it off after hearing and reading about it online. Buggiest game ever, evil ea etc. but meh, it's great IMO. Probably the most fun I've ever had in an online shooter.

Press X on the Spawn screen. You can fully customize your loadout and loadouts for any vehicles that appear on that map.

TheSeks

Youtube's automatic scanning detected that on like 3/4 of the Battlefield videos i uploaded. i turned the notification off because that shit got annoying.

Yeah, something to do with the aiming. That or raw captures. Youtube wants VERY specific uploading encoding and post-processing without being bitchy about it.

TheSeks

Weirdly, I didn't have to jostle with people when I got my three bomber ribbons. Okay, I did have Splinter grab it (dick) as well as Norua before I could get in, but the rest of the team was capping flags or something while waiting around for it so I just camped it and smashed my way into it and prayed I'd get three kills in a round and did it.

And got my 15 kills on it at the same time. So I ain't touching that again, despite the fact the Cruise Missile looking neat.

But still: It's a terrible assignment. I'm not looking forward to the "tower" of Firestorm for the GOL. :/

daevv

Despite all the problems I just passed 100 hours in Battlefield 4 and it's closing in on my most played Battlefield title. Most played online title too. :)

Bad Company 2: 138 hours (PS3 and 360 combined)
Battlefield 4: 104 hours (PS4)
Battlefield 3: 70 hours (PS3)
Battlefield 1943: 41 hours (PS3 and 360 combined)
Bad Company: 7 hours (360)

Decided to look up my Medal of Honor times as there were on linked off bf4stats.com also.
Medal of Honor Warfighter: 52 (PS3 and 360 combined)
Medal of Honor 2010: 33 hours (PS3 and 360 combined)

TheSeks

7 hours in Bad Company 1.

Bro, do you even "I AM BAD COMPANY?"

Oh god, how long that took me to get.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Been running into a lot of random deaths over the past two days.

Minding my own business, take cover behind something - KILLED IN ACTION
Minding my own business, walking towards an objective - KILLED IN ACTION
Minding my own business, spawning at team spawn - KILLED IN ACTION

I can't tell if my player is falling through geometry and hitting a death barrier, but i am being killed by literally nothing.

TheSeks

I only played the demo of Bad Company and it sucked.

Oh yeah? Well your mom sucks.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

(Amidointhisinsultthingrite?)

I couldn't get into the demo. It was after 1943 someone (that I no longer talk to, ironically) pushed me to get BC1. I bought it, they never played with me and I got frustrated to where Faceless told me "keep going" and I got on that horse and played the others in the series since.

man, the PS4 version has a rough framerate. I played that the first time in a long while tonight with a friend.

Makes up for it with more voice chat and playing with friends on a squad. The aiming isn't as bad as I thought, and there do seem to be less snipers.

I can't tell if my player is falling through geometry and hitting a death barrier, but i am being killed by literally nothing.

i got KIA before when the controller was resting on the coffee table.

Despite all the problems I just passed 100 hours in Battlefield 4 and it's closing in on my most played Battlefield title. Most played online title too. :)

Bad Company 2: 138 hours (PS3 and 360 combined)
Battlefield 4: 104 hours (PS4)
Battlefield 3: 70 hours (PS3)
Battlefield 1943: 41 hours (PS3 and 360 combined)
Bad Company: 7 hours (360)

Decided to look up my Medal of Honor times as there were on linked off bf4stats.com also.
Medal of Honor Warfighter: 52 (PS3 and 360 combined)
Medal of Honor 2010: 33 hours (PS3 and 360 combined)
Haha, you are just beginning. Since playing battlefield 1942 and all following games in the series, I am closing in on 10k hours played. I know that's a big number, but I have put an insane amount of time into the battlefield franchise. Hell, I dropped out of a semester of community college and lived at an Internet cafe when Bf2 came out. I love me some battlefield.

yep i have been having this too. It seems to happen a lot when i'm mantling up to something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom