• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

Quick question about BF3. I keep getting kicked by punk buster, is there a fix? Don't want to run into the same shit in 4.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh. Not really surprising with all those rumors about the X-box versions being downscaled in resolution compared to the PS4's.

MS REALLY fucked up their development and that Crazy Buttocks On A Train post about them having a 2014 launch is really apparent from all the stuff in the past few months.

NIN90

Sweet Jesus, it's impossible to get on FlyVPN right now.

Any other trusted VPN with asian servers out there? I'd be willing to part with a small amount of money too (but not the $10 FlyVPN is charging).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Playing campaign right now, everything maxed out except AA which I dropped too 2x at 1440p with a 680 and an i7-2600k I'm getting a pretty solid 35-45fps. Very pleased.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Pulled. Don't link this shit. EA pulls hard and fast.

You aren't getting any streams until the 29th. Deal with it. I gotta wait for my DVD to arrive to install it since I didn't go with Origin, ya'll not having pre-loading/unlocking just yet have to wait with me. :(

SP stream is still alive smarty, but yeah it will go down soon.

Sn4ke_911

Yeah I can feel it in the air alright. My download speeds are not feeling it though.
Need more Phil Collins.

There is no way i pre-load 25GB with my shitty i-net connection, it would take me a few days, will wait for retail and then catch a standard edition copy.

cripterion

Oh for the love of fucking god, the flickering they fixed in the beta is back again now.

Jesus, that's got to be a joke? Are you on the newest drivers?

There is no way i pre-load 25GB with my shitty i-net connection, it would take me a few days, will wait for retail and then catch a standard edition copy.

I've got a shitty connection too, I've got beer, pringles, silly tv shows on 2nd screen, pretty much anything except the good download speeds. I downloaded 6GB since GMG gave me my code, 12hours to go.

antitrop

When do reviews hit?

mTBrsyu.png

I can't find any journalist that has said the specific time.

Sn4ke_911

It's funny, looks like it's ok to stream AC4 but not BF4.

Damn you to hell EA.

vixlar

Engineer starts with MBT Law (guided missile), not the RPG 7.
M320 now can use darts (flechette)
XM25 can use darts
Recon can use claymore
You can carry 3 small grenades and 2 contact grenades
I don't get why the capacity and the maximum deploy of AT mines are different perks
And I don't get why the stealth perk in stealth fighters are not the first unlock, but it is on other vehicles.
It seems you must get to level 100 to unlock the final weapons of each class. (they are unlocked trough assignments, but you need rank 100 to unlock those assignments)

Edit: I was wrong about rank 100 for final weapons. The gold assignments for those need the previous assignment.

Gibbo

Im playing in 1080p 144hz on Ultra settings. Smooth as silk- it is an incredibly well optimized game. my GPU is a 7970

I can't play it now (9-5 job woooo) but I'm still using the beta nvidia drivers from the battlefield 4 beta. I'll see if these work in the full game before upgrading.

Looking through the assignments in the battlelog, seems like you have to finish the singleplayer campaign to unlock a number of guns and knives for multiplayer. Guess I'll have to finally touch a BF singleplayer campaign. Pretty sneaky sis...

The weapons in question:

M412 Rex
Shank
Machete
QBZ-95-1
P90
M249

We need 1440p performance, I want to know what that's like.

3770/Titan/8GB - didn't have FPS counter on as i was ShadowPlaying but i'd say performance on Ultra/4xMSAA was flawless for the most part; closer to 60 than not. Only time it chugged was when the building collapses and you're sliding through it.

I'm plugged, but my internet is going mad, it brought my download to 180KB/s speeds, and still get a laggy stream, FFS!!!

PS : I wonder if this shit is related to the fucking storm we had couple hours ago.

Damn that storm was something else, even here in Ireland we got torrential rain and wind. hate to think what it was like in the UK itself

n0n44m

I'm plugged, but my internet is going mad, it brought my download to 180KB/s speeds, and still get a laggy stream, FFS!!!

PS : I wonder if this shit is related to the fucking storm we had couple hours ago.

the stream is bad for me as well but I'm "preloading" BF4 @ 18 MB/sec ... now to find some VPN (or should I have done that earlier ?)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Campaign is already more enjoyable than Battlefield 3.

bf1bnpwh.png

bf27do5r.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom