• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spl1nter

I played the shit out of 1942/BF2 and then 100's of hours of BC2 on 360. I skipped BF3.

My question is - watching these twitter videos of BF4, it appears that infantry movement speed has been increased dramatically vs BC2 for ex.

Am I just imagining that? I hope so. The video I just watched looked almost COD-like in terms of fast, almost glide-like infantry movement.

BF3 was faster and glide-like to a detriment. BF4 has faster movement than BC2 but also a little bit of momentum in movement that BF3 didnt have.

scogoth

Korean System time just in case

jcyYkpK.png

Yaska

Quick question, sorry if answered; What's the requirement for Veteran Battlepack? Got Vet rank of 8, but no vet battlepack ( or maybe it hasn't appeared yet?)

cdwjustin

Banned
I cant decide if i should buy this on psn tonight or not? i didn't like the beta too much but i am a big battlefield fan... Was looking to upgrade to ps4 also if i got it...

I'm downloading at 90 KB/s, 86 hours until it's done lol

Jealous of all the people hopping in now, I wish I knew about the VPN trick to pre-load last night

StUnNeR H2K

Please stop using this term. It's stupid. It makes YOU sound like an elitist jerk. IT's great that consoles are finally catching up to the PC - PC gamers are probably happier about this than some console gamers! But PC gaming will continue to evolve. It's not going to stand still. Continually bringing up parity as some sort of gotcha is only going to come back and bite you in the ass in 3 years.

I'm a console player all the way. Do I have a PC that can play the game, yep, but I prefer the simplicity of the console in that I don't have to worry about driver updates, graphics settings or hardware updates to increase performance. It also allows me to play the game with friends that don't have a PC, since most everyone I know just uses a phone or some other form of mobile device instead of a PC today.

You can't deny though the PC does have perks visually and performance wise that are better than the console, but it's exciting to see the two come closer together. I think BF3 on console was burdened on larger maps due to the player limit size, and the next gen consoles will finally be able to utilize more players.

Apologies if my original post sounded like I was coming from an elitist stand point. Either way it's a choice and preference, and everyone is allowed to have their opinion.

I'm all ready for this! Getting PS3 tomorrow, and then upgrading to PS4 on the 15th!

Think I'm gonna hold off on the campaign until I get the PS4 version, all multiplayer until the 15th!

gossi

Just get yourself a South Korea (or in an hour, a Singapore) IP address via VPN and then sign into Origin and unlock game. Then sign off VPN, and you're away.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh for the love of fucking god, the flickering they fixed in the beta is back again now.

Drivers? I haven't updated my Nvidia drivers from 320.16 or whatever because newer drivers fucked with BF3 so I didn't update for the beta. If you updated your Nvidia drivers to the latest, try rolling back to the beta drivers?

Sethos

Banned
I'm on the latest drivers. According to Andy, it's not a GPU / Driver related problem, it's with DICE. They fixed it in the Beta so apparently this fix didn't make it to retail. I can't record this flickering shit.

I'm on the latest drivers. According to Andy, it's not a GPU / Driver related problem, it's with DICE. They fixed it in the Beta so apparently this fix didn't make it to retail. I can't record this flickering shit.

For me, the latest drivers released today fixed the problem on my 680.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Any of you early access assholes gonna be streaming?

Twitch has, for the past week, constantly popping up a message telling you NOT to stream. So, unless you want people to use all those illegal streaming solutions (like 04stream, for instance, hint hint), I don't see how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom