• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
X3oqqnN.png

Smoke blocks spotting now. Wonderful news :)

Kinthalis

Banned
How do you know he's not a good PC player himself?

Moreover I think BF4 is one fo those games where you cna have fun, even if you're at a disadvantage with a gamepad. Unless You absolutely must have the top number of kills in a match to have fun. I certainly don't.

I have fun on the heli spreading troops aroudn the battlefield. I can do better on a gamepad (or joystick!) than with KB/M on a heli. And I have friends who refuse to use M/KB and they still have fun with BF3. No, they aren't the top scorers, but they're really good at flanking and support. And they enjoy the game that way.

This isn't CSGO.

Gemüsepizza;87809698 said:

LOL. If it ends up being higher res on MP AND look better than the X1 SP version, there is gonna be a shit storm. I personally expected SP to look better no matter what but wow.

How do you know he's not a good PC player himself?

I don't think that was quite the point he was making.

Anyways, it's the age-old debate of mouse > controller for fps - which isn't really in debate. Playing with a mouse makes it an entirely different game. Faster.

But I'm not here to rag on the console versions. I'm very glad they exist, and considering the new console hardware I think they're looking great. That much I do agree with LevelCap. I even considered it for awhile. The purity of the console versions is kind of appealing (i.e. no hacks, uniform controls). But in the end, I just can't do it. Playing an fps with a controller is like playing the game with oven mitts on.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
X3oqqnN.png

It always did.

It just didn't block your own team's spots. Your own smoke has always blocked the enemy from spotting you or your teammates. But you and your team could spot the enemy through your own smoke.

X3oqqnN.png

Smoke blocked spotting in BC2 and BF3, or was supposed to at least. Not sure it ever worked right.

It always did.

It just didn't block your own team's spots. Your own smoke has always blocked the enemy from spotting you or your teammates. But you and your team could spot the enemy through your own smoke.
I assume Lakitu meant stopping the spot after a couple seconds like breaking line of sight/running behind something did. I don't think that ever worked right.

how you you get points with that ?
its just smoke
Smoke kills

Spookie

Manned up and bought BF4 from amazon. Got my code moments later and can now begin my 30 hr pre load. Last time I buy from a cd key website!

Bulk_Rate

I played the shit out of 1942/BF2 and then 100's of hours of BC2 on 360. I skipped BF3.

My question is - watching these twitter videos of BF4, it appears that infantry movement speed has been increased dramatically vs BC2 for ex.

Am I just imagining that? I hope so. The video I just watched looked almost COD-like in terms of fast, almost glide-like infantry movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom