• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
okay now im going to bed

bf42013-10-2902-31-21lpds8.png

Looking through the assignments in the battlelog, seems like you have to finish the singleplayer campaign to unlock a number of guns and knives for multiplayer. Guess I'll have to finally touch a BF singleplayer campaign. Pretty sneaky sis...

The weapons in question:

M412 Rex
Shank
Machete
QBZ-95-1
P90
M249

fuck you too DICE

Tophats

Neo Member
hey I'm getting a directx error about a invalid call when i try to launch singleplayer anybody have any ideas? I'm running a radeon 6950 with the latest beta drivers if that matters at all.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Mirror's Edge 2, Dragon Age 3, Mass Effect 4, Battlefront, all on Frostbite 3. Lawdy lawdy.

Bookoo

Ouff, I just found my graphics card on sale, but the only place with it in stock is about an hour away (not including traffic)

Really tempted to pick it up and SLI for this game. Would a i5 2500k OC'd be a bottleneck for dual 670s?

Timu

Ouff, I just found my graphics card on sale, but the only place with it in stock is about an hour away (not including traffic)

Really tempted to pick it up and SLI for this game. Would a i5 2500k OC'd be a bottleneck for dual 670s?
Nah, just go 4.0ghz or higher and it should be fine.

Facism

I'm not really serious.. :p But the way they treat UK you would think that they weren't.

Also, is it just for me ShadowPlay isn't working? I just get the icon with a red line through it and can't save any clips.

it's ok, us in the UK wish we weren't, either.

If we want to pick at the technology, Crysis 3 is still doing stuff Battlefield 4 seemingly isn't, or at least using technology in different ways. CryEngine 3's grass renderer is incredible, the global illumination (especially indoors) is gorgeous, and it seems every surface is tessellated or displacement mapped to hell and back (if unnecessarily so). When you glance down at a grid floor and note that every single little bump and hexagon is real 3D geometry reacting to lights and shadows, that's something else.

Both games are the best technical benchmarks for PC GPUs. Last Light probably deserves a nod too.

Actually disagree. .There is very little in Crysis 3 by the way of displacement mapping. They only used it sparringly and the poly-bumped surfaces they showcased in the tech demo is only on a couple of levels. Also missing are the area lights they showcased. BF4 seems to have them in. GI seems to be in both.

To my knowledge, only Tomb Raider went overboard wtih displacement mapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom