• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

1337Sauce

I was going to try and hold off my hype and wait solely for the PS4 version, but do you guys think it would be worth it to just go and grab the PS3 one tonight? In my head I kind of wanted to just save this for those next gen feels, but I'm not too sure how big the differences are going to be at the end of the day? Will it be easy for me to transfer my stats over between systems?

Also does anybody know if the DS4 is confirmed working? (I swear I saw that it was working with BF3 so I would assume so?)

sirap

I was going to try and hold off my hype and wait solely for the PS4 version, but do you guys think it would be worth it to just go and grab the PS3 one tonight? In my head I kind of wanted to just save this for those next gen feels, but I'm not too sure how big the differences are going to be at the end of the day? Will it be easy for me to transfer my stats over between systems?

Also does anybody know if the DS4 is confirmed working? (I swear I saw that it was working with BF3 so I would assume so?)

For the love of god wait for the PS4 version.

vixlar

Wow, Operation Locker looks like Close Quarters, but big... biiiiiiiiiig. Unfortunately just a few destructable walls. (if any)

Sethos

Banned
Few more 5120x2880 screenshots, nothing special. ( Flickering seems sporadic but sometimes certain random elements / effects seem to be effected too )

p93ZNuX.png

kZFhgz0.png

M9AOzoj.png

hrIHOQ4.png

Game runs surprisingly well on my 7850. Had pretty bad performance in the beta with everything on low, but on high the framerate is still solid in campaign.

Yep.. Running a 7850, multiplayer all settings default to High and its smooth and lovely looking. Impressed after that horrible Beta

Starviper

Kinda funny -

Tried using my current VPN solution (airvpn.org) to get it all working but Origin wasn't letting me authenticate from Singapore. So I tried the VPN solution posted here.. This program set a default route for everything so while I was remoting into my home PC from work it killed that connection and now I can't reach it anymore since the VPN through Korea is too slow for that.

:(

Hixx

Last 30 mins just been constantly freezing so I have to end the process or the actual servers just booting everyone. Worked ok a couple of hours ago but this is too frustrating. Hope it's smoother tomorrow.

anyone try the pc version with a DS4, or windows 360 controller?

picking up my DS4 tonight at Gamestop and was curious

Xinput emulator I've been using doesn't seem to function properly with BF4 unfortunately, but you can (to a certain extent) map everything yourself in the bindings. I'm too lazy to try and get everything set up correctly, but the little that I did use it was interesting. The triggers are incredible.

Dubz

Running MP at 55-60 FPS with a mix of MED and High and 2XAA.

No micro stutters, and buttery smooth.

660TI 2GB
8320 @ 3.5GHZ
8GB DDR3

All you assholes with your fast internet lol

It's gonna be mid week before I get to play it. I honestly believe my life would be better with faster internet /firtworldproblems

Xinput emulator I've been using doesn't seem to function properly with BF4 unfortunately, but you can (to a certain extent) map everything yourself in the bindings. I'm too lazy to try and get everything set up correctly, but the little that I did use it was interesting. The triggers are incredible.

cool-thanks for the info- on way to GS and home to hopefully install

Xyber

I can't compare my performance to the beta because I got a new CPU, but right now I'm getting great FPS on the maps I've tried so far.

This is from Siege of Shanghai
Code:
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
123740,   1307594,  40, 163, 94.632

Everything at ultra, no MSAA, high PPAA and SSAO. 1080p with 90 FoV.

680 2GB@1245MHz
i7 4770K@4,3GHz
8GB RAM
Win 8.1

For 2 other maps where I was flying for a large part of the game I got 125 and 145 as my average and that felt great on my 144Hz monitor.

Starviper

Can't wait to get home. Was actually able to reconnect via LMI and get authenticated from Korea. I'll post some videos via Shadowplay on my rig for you guys once I can.

My setup:

i7-4770k
GTX 770
16GB 2133 RAM
3 3TB HDD's, 1 128GB SSD

Eric WK

damn...the lack of XBL signups is kinda sad.

Tell me about it.

Sold my gaming PC early this year and just canceled my PS4 preorder this past week because it turns out moving halfway across the country is expensive. So now I'm stuck with Xbox 360 for the next few months and just hoping the quality/community are decent.

kinda bummed that I had to get off... its such a massive improvement from that stupid Beta. Feels like a new game.. but alas, Im up at 4.30am for work so needs be

vixlar

M136 CS
Confined Space version of the M136, capable of being fired indoors without harming the shooter. A capable dumb fire anti-armor and anti-personnel weapon.

WOW (It is a Battle Pickup rocket launcher)

Hey, does anyone know if the field of view can be modified in single-player? Now that many guns can only be unlocked by playing it, I might be forced to go through it. But I can't stand going from 90-100 degrees down to 65 degrees.

gossi

didnt have FRAPS running or anything else so its just a guess, but it was smooth and had zero stutters or slowdown. I'd say between 45-60... definitely at LEAST 45 as thats what I was getting in the Beta

Press ¬ then type PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1 (enter) to get an on screen FPS count.

Performance is very good, I'd say. About same as Battlefield 3. You need VRAM, though, otherwise that bottlenecks (i.e. 2gb or more).

Spookie

So yeah anyone giving me grief before for wanting my key sooner. Here is why:

thanksbt.jpg

Thanks BT you shit show. I was suppose to have 30mb fibre this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom