• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Does anyone here have the complete Battlefield 4 install on PC, the game and all DLC maps installed?

About to buy the season pass and just wondering how much total space it would take.

50-60 gigs for all the DLC packs out right now. The guns coming in may may add another gig or so depending on texture size and information/etc.

The Faceless Master said:
I'd love to see the metrics on that map, would love to know if one side wins in an overwhelming fashion, like Noshahr Canals.

The one thing I REALLY give Valve's CS team props for is they release their "telemetry" data on maps pretty regularly. DICE doesn't do that for ANY of the series despite having telemetry since... Bad Company? 2? I'm curious as to how rounds are won/etc and what flags/objectives are held commonly for the sake of discussing map improvements with them.

xHiryu

Bought the game for $5 over the holidays but I've finally started playing it recently.

JESUS THIS GAME IS HARD AS FUCK

Any advice for a newbie playing BF4 on PC, I keep getting destroyed by everyone even in a one on one gunfight. I played BF3 on the 360 way back but this feels like an all new beast. It also doesn't help that my friends aren't into Battlefield, so I end up playing alone most of the time.

TheSeks

Bought the game for $5 over the holidays but I've finally started playing it recently.

Any advice for a newbie playing BF4 on PC, I keep getting destroyed by everyone even in a one on one gunfight. I played BF3 on the 360 way back but this feels like an all new beast. It also doesn't help that my friends aren't into Battlefield, so I end up playing alone most of the time.

Don't run off alone. The default guns are (mostly) great, the problem is a lot of guns have a higher RoF which skews the balance toward those higher rate of fire guns to where everyone uses them. (DICE-LA is apparently looking into it)

To get points to unlock better stuff, you pretty much want to play support and not run around. Let others lead the charge and you mop up anyone else they hit and didn't kill. Once you start to get other guns, start using those to see what "fits."

----

In other news Console server admins should e-mail this dude to improve the console experience. Not being able to customize everything BF3 last time I saw was frustrating. Dunno if they fixed that in BF4.

Though I guess a big complaint would be "no one uses my server if I set it off normal values and make it custom because it isn't 'ranked.' Why is ranked in the game!?"

Acinixys

1. Look at the mini map
2. Only shoot in 3 - 5 round bursts. All the guns have heavy recoil, especially compared to the console version
3. Look at the mini map

lawful

Banned
Is anyone playing this on lousy Xbox One and would like a really good cooperative teammate for 4 and hardline? I really want to get the bow still in 4 and really have no idea how to get it done without teammates with mics. I can rent servers as well, PM me for my tag!

Is anyone playing this on lousy Xbox One and would like a really good cooperative teammate for 4 and hardline? I really want to get the bow still in 4 and really have no idea how to get it done without teammates with mics. I can rent servers as well, PM me for my tag!

Add

ElzarTheBam - He won't accept mine tho
Overdoziz
AlmostMilk
Taffy 003

Tell them Xand sent you

TheSeks

Any deals for ps4 bf4 right now? Just the vanilla game not premium.

Buy it used if you're not going Premium.

But: WHY THE FUCK WOULDN'T YOU GO PREMIUM? Map Packs + Guns for about $10-20 more than the used price. It's a decent deal as much as I hate premium.

2. Only shoot in 3 - 5 round bursts. All the guns have heavy recoil, especially compared to the console version

The weapon handling is exactly the same across all platforms. Which unfortunately makes it pretty hard to balance them properly since the developers have to take in both controllers and M+KB into account.

Having different versions and similar stuff like that was suggested, but they said it would be way too much to be working on multiple different versions of the game, which is understandable.

TheSeks

Eh... would really having separate console and PC platform branches be that hard if it was just two instead of multiple for the consoles?

I guess acceleration for the sticks would be different on each console, but I don't think having a base damage would change that too much?

Omni

Hey Helvetica!

You can also add my buddy and me. We play together often.

ORCU5
The real Morgue

I also see randomrosso93 on once in a while.

Yus. I'm starting to play BF4 a lot more than used to. Destiny finally got old!

I was in your game the other day I think. :p

TheSeks

i've been playing on XB1 recently

Still haven't gotten that bow yet, have you?

I got the PS3 version sitting around on my download list. I just need Premium to be able to be carried over from PC and I'd consider regrinding for achievements.

...Actually, no, no I wouldn't. :/

Still haven't gotten that bow yet, have you?

I got the PS3 version sitting around on my download list. I just need Premium to be able to be carried over from PC and I'd consider regrinding for achievements.

...Actually, no, no I wouldn't. :/

haven't even gotten the dogtags, camos, etc yet.

and man, winning chainlink by <50 tickets is hard.

TheSeks

I haven't even touched Chain Link outside of the first two days it launched or so and that was only to get the guns. I can't be assed to do that stupid <50 tickets requirement.

Same with Camos and stuff, I don't even use those. Especially since the best one (the DICE paintjob on guns) is locked solely to DICE. I want that darker factory paintjob, damn it.

I haven't even touched Chain Link outside of the first two days it launched or so and that was only to get the guns. I can't be assed to do that stupid <50 tickets requirement.

Same with Camos and stuff, I don't even use those. Especially since the best one (the DICE paintjob on guns) is locked solely to DICE. I want that darker factory paintjob, damn it.

i meant the ones for the bow assignment.

TheSeks

i meant the ones for the bow assignment.

Oh, right. Forgot about that one. The 20 Jet Kills is probably the hardest one on those. Everything else will come eventually. Though the fact that the two shotgun ribbons in a round won't count until the other two of the assignment is done is a bit bullshit, DICE.

Omni

I want the bow but I can't find the dogtag thing. It's so stupid. How long am I expected to look

Unless I'm missing something it seems like the chances of finding one are very low

Tubie

I want the bow but I can't find the dogtag thing. It's so stupid. How long am I expected to look

Unless I'm missing something it seems like the chances of finding one are very low

It spawns about 5 mins into the match. And it only spawns in 1 of the many places it can spawn in the map and it will remain there until someone finds it. If someone gets it then the 5 min timer starts again and another dog tag will spawn in a different spot.

I searched Hangar 21 only and found 1 after like 30 hours of looking.

I've found like 3 just playing regular matches after I got the bow tho lol.

Oh, right. Forgot about that one. The 20 Jet Kills is probably the hardest one on those. Everything else will come eventually. Though the fact that the two shotgun ribbons in a round won't count until the other two of the assignment is done is a bit bullshit, DICE.

not for me.

20 jet kills was easy. and yeah, the 2x shotgun ribbon only counting after sucks. i had that half a dozen times already.

yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

dat 1 - 0 win in Chainlink

TheSeks

Maybe it was the HMV II and the wrong weapon was shown. I haven't seen the wrong weapon shown on the kill screen bug in a long time though.

The game doesn't even show the kill in the killfeed. It's gotta be some random KIA that just got attributed to a person with the broken killcam.

TheSeks

Well, that's the first time I've seen an entire team spawn ahead of my own and hold the middle of Locker. Goddamn the previous round we last-second tied with them arming at the final few seconds only for them to suddenly skilljump.

I suspect a few people that were suspect.

TheSeks

In other news GOOD NEWS, CONSOLE PEOPLE: CTE may be coming out on consoles before the Community Map hits BF4. Maybe, possibly... keep your fingers crossed?

Does this mean another ANOTHER year of BF4 because if so: Yes please, do this for all future BF titles, EA. 3 years support instead of yearly releases.

RiverBed

Banned
The new weapons of the Spring update coming out before the end of May:

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKlipsebZd8

flXyMI9-l.jpg

sdHkox1-l.jpg

9G4Ww3H-l.jpg

6MQcDBL-l.jpg

G7YIIQP-l.jpg

Source: http://mp1st.com/2015/03/31/upcomin...ng-update-due-before-end-of-may/#.VSrl2_mUeQA

Donos

Can't get away from aggressive Recon (DMR with ACOG + canted ironsight + C4 and motion sensor) atm.

Oh and you can edit loadout while not in game (through battlelog)? Silly me.

TheSeks

Oh and you can edit loadout while not in game (through battlelog)? Silly me.

Huh? Yes you can. Press on the gun(s) or Square/whatever on console to bring up the loadout screen.

scoobs

So I'm just now jumping back into BF4 after nearly a year away from it.. and I can't play the game. Every server I try to join spits out the same error...

Check your network connection and make sure that port 3659 (UDP) is open

port 3659 is open on my router so... what gives? Any fixes out there?

TheSeks

Yeah, misread early morning. Thought it said "can't" my bad.

Donos

What DMR is good besides MK 11 MOD? Only the last one is missing. Should unlock it in the next days. I use MK11 with heavy barrel and this shoulder thingy. Seems most of the others are better with hip fire but i don't need this. For CQ i use canted iron or instantly switch to handgun.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
What DMR is good besides MK 11 MOD? Only the last one is missing. Should unlock it in the next days. I use MK11 with heavy barrel and this shoulder thingy. Seems most of the others are better with hip fire but i don't need this. For CQ i use canted iron or instantly switch to handgun.
I liked the SKS and the SCAR which is the last one you're missing.

Tubie

I loved the SKS.

Omni

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/randomrosso93/video/1263739

Instant karma xD

Totally would have won that fight if there wasn't a random lag spike. But I guess I got him back almost instantly haha

SCAR is really fun. Though I don't have it unlocked any more and I can't be bothered grinding it out blah.

TheSeks

SKS or RFB. But the SKS is wonky compared to it's BF3 self. :/ Plus it has kinda bad hip-fire so you can't use it like the VSS of Bad Company 2 old.

RFB with no mods is pretty good, meanwhile.

Huh, black hitmarkers instead of a black kill-confirm marker. That isn't hard to see in some maps like Locker's shadows? The night maps may make you (and me!) want to reconsider black.

TheSeks

Battlelog needing NPAPI despite Chrome/Google saying they're going to shut it down by September = GG ESN/Uprising. :| Way to be proactive in getting off that for the "plug-in" for Battlelog.

#whensin-gameserverbrowsers!?

Top Bottom