• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

demolitio

Now this is an example why SP is nice since I can play it while the MP is broken and have a good ti...Oh wait, the game decided to erase my save again and I really don't feel like going through the first few levels AGAIN.

I really wish I bought it on PC now. Even though that has a lot of problems too, it's at least playable.

I tried to play a few games tonight and just became incredibly frustrated. Major rubber banding, then I lose connection to the server in the next round, after that it's lag where my shots aren't doing damage, and finally the game crashes. I'm also perpetually at level 21-and I immediately level up to 22 at the end of each round I'm somehow able to finish.

What the fucking fuck. Has anyone at DICE addressed any of this-I can't believe this isn't getting any coverage. The entire game is broken. My campaign save file is erased and multiplayer is unplayable. We were sold a false bill of goods.

a916

Now this is an example why SP is nice since I can play it while the MP is broken and have a good ti...Oh wait, the game decided to erase my save again and I really don't feel like going through the first few levels AGAIN.

I really wish I bought it on PC now. Even though that has a lot of problems too, it's at least playable.

Um... about that...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It shouldn't have. It got rushed out for launch. There was probably some bureaucratic BS that happened. In this state it's almost an unusable product.

I want to know who to blame for this. EA, DICE, Sony, whoever let this bullshit through needs to do something ASAP and start communicating with us more than just "We're working on it"

zoukka

I want to know who to blame for this. EA, DICE, Sony, whoever let this bullshit through needs to do something ASAP and start communicating with us more than just "We're working on it"

EA forces DICE's hand and they want to make money. They have noticed that faulty products can be sold to gamers without any repercussions and will do so in the future. Sony has the responsibility to make sure games on their platform work, but it's a console launch so every title is important to win the race.

Bollocks

Well at least I have 1 launch game less to buy, Killzone, NBA2K, COD and Assassins Creed already takes a good enough toll on my wallet

duxstar

Worst part about all this is for everyone who bought this , and used the target/amazon buy 2 get 1 free deals you cant even return it. The box is sitting there sealed and i dont know what to do with it.

Varg

Banned
Worst part about all this is for everyone who bought this , and used the target/amazon buy 2 get 1 free deals you cant even return it. The box is sitting there sealed and i dont know what to do with it.

Not sure about amazon but you can return the game to target if it's sealed. did the deal and they had nothing left but madden for the third game. I waited two days and went back to pick up killzone. Just bring all 3 games back because they need them all for the refund. (Doesn't matter of the other two are open).

Newlove

So the beta to test server stability was absolutely pointless then? I'm getting the game on the 29th but EA servers are never stable at launch. They are never prepared.

I have it pre-ordered for the 29th...is it worth keeping? I mainly play MP games.. these issues have me worried...DICE isn't exactly as quick as IW when it comes down to patching their games.

Seanspeed

Banned
Just hold onto it. As frustrating as it is right now, they'll fix the issues soon enough.

Jack_AG

Banned
How did this even pass certification?
COD. That's literally how it passed. BF4 just HAD to release with COD. The funny thing is that it is seriously hurting this game more than helping. What good is releasing alongside the competition when your game is severely, SEVERELY broken?

Thanks, EA.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I have been sending in every crash report with notes. I swear I have been getting less and less crashes. It's not acceptable how they launched this, but it will be fixed soon.

meppi

Can't believe the "gaming press" is ignoring this. If this was another kind of media, EA would be front page news week in week out. :-/

Cheech

Was still in doubt wether to get this or Killzone together with CoD the 29th.
I have little faith it will be fixed soon.

I would not waste time with Killzone. I traded my copy in for Madden, a game I already own on 360. No voice, shoddy maps, etc etc

BF4 will be fixed. But you can't fix poor design. CoD is fine, though. I would get that first.

Recall

I've played the DICE console games for a very long time starting with Bad Company 1 on the Xbox 360. This is like the first time I've experienced a COMPLETELY BROKEN multiplayer game from them....it's disgusting.

Battlefield 3 was borked for months upon its release. DICE always suggest the same thing "we have more people playing than expected" & "we ran out of time to meet EA's release schedule"

I think by next year it might be finally addressed.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
COD. That's literally how it passed. BF4 just HAD to release with COD. The funny thing is that it is seriously hurting this game more than helping. What good is releasing alongside the competition when your game is severely, SEVERELY broken?

Thanks, EA.

The irony is that BF4 is so unplayable that I'm forced to play Ghosts.

I tried getting on last night and after getting kicked out of the game a couple times I gave up.

It's super frustrating that I paid $60 for a coaster.

B_Boss

Don't forget guys that they suffered a DDOS attack as well and there is the alleged EA pushing the game's release. These aren't meant to get DICE off the hook but I highly doubt we'd be suffering this much had any of those above two mentioned events took place, which I believe they most likely did.

skybald

If I upload my SP save to the cloud, will it still be corrupted if I download it after the game says my save is corrupted?

Kimppis

Just pre-ordered (edited my order) this (EU launch) with Killzone, because Watch Dogs got delayed and Knack is apparently shit. This sounds worse than GTA Online! I'm pretty excited, as I have never played BF before, but I probably shouldn't be? :S

SHADES

Not getting any sound at the beginning at each round.

What platform? iirc the eurogamer article said x360 needed 10 seconds for sound and server assets to load in, if you notice vehicles such as the tank turret are triangular in shape until the sound kicks in.

Would of hoped the PS4 version with DAT GDDR5 wouldn't need the delay, its a pain in the arse! by the time the server is at full pelt your locked on by an enemy vehicle.

fritolay

I have experienced the game save data corruption on PS4. I don't mind too much as I knew it existed and haven't played campaign.

Related to this, I have found that I will get some error codes prior to this. Therefore maybe this corruption is causing error codes before the game identifies it must replaced the corrupted save game file itself. Once it does, I am able to play the game again for a while.

I preordered a XBOX One and the only game I ordered for it is BF4. I hope the game is ready :(

Loakum

Banned
The perils of being a early console adopter. I haven't played a single PS4 game yet, and I had mine since the midnight launch. Hopefully all these resolution, online multiplayer, save files, and single player frame rates issues will be corrected by early 2014..or sooner.

Can't believe the "gaming press" is ignoring this. If this was another kind of media, EA would be front page news week in week out. :-/

Yeah this is really surprising. The game is basically unplayable. Can't play campaign because your save WILL be corrupted. Can't play 64 player modes because they simply do not work despite that being the big selling point for next gen. Can't play as a commander, can't utilize spectator mode, can't use the server browser, constant disconnects in the middle of a round (whether by the CE error or whenever someone tries to join your game as a commander). It's so frustrating because theres a really really fun game underneath it all

Recall

Anyone think DICE or EA will give anything to make up for this? Free premium with all the DLC maps would be nice.

According to EA the are only a small amount of people having issues or some other bullshit that blames its customers rather than fixing the problems.

I expect we will see nothing as "sorry its broke" as they don't think it is.

I've never bought a console game that was this completely fucked. I re downloaded the entire game and the Full Game still gets stuck at 23% (it was 29% last time) and it also gets stuck installing the campaign missions. Is there anything I can do?

Top Bottom