• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

see5harp

Rush mode seems to work fine for me, although I noticed that my campaign save was deleted somehow. Definitely not touching campaign until they get that sorted.

Zoctan

Very buggy. Get kicked from games a half hour in, difficult to play with friends. Hopefully a patch will come out soon to resolve some issues.

Dynamic3

Side note: while I enjoy the new obliteration mode, there needs to be a match timer and perhaps a sudden death mode immediately following if the match is still tied. I literally played a match on Operation Locker where no objectives had been destroyed nearly an hour in before my game crashed.

owlbeak

Its being reported, every time there is a crash. Tons of people complain on Neogaf, and ea boards for them to know. The patch reportedly coming next week is the fix of all fixes for PC/Ps4/and XOne.
He meant no gaming journalists or websites are talking about EA releasing this broken POS. They should be getting torn apart by journalists (see: Sim City's launch), but for some reason they are all silent.

Dylx

Side note: while I enjoy the new obliteration mode, there needs to be a match timer and perhaps a sudden death mode immediately following if the match is still tied. I literally played a match on Operation Locker where no objectives had been destroyed nearly an hour in before my game crashed.

I played the exact mode/map last night, It was tons of fun! Firefights everywhere! We played a touch over 90mins, before the other team finally won.

Dylx

He meant no gaming journalists or websites are talking about EA releasing this broken POS. They should be getting torn apart by journalists (see: Sim City's launch), but for some reason they are all silent.

Oh yeah that is true. Something should be said, but who knows why it isn't.

Yeah it makes no sense this is big news one of the top reviewed launch games for a next gen console launch is literally unplayable

Plus anything to put additional pressure on them to expedite this processes would be good

Ran Ran

So has anything been fixed since last Friday? Would love to play multiplayer or even single player without getting kicked out...

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.

Exactly what I was going to post.

This is a goddamn travesty of a game right now on the PS4. No conquest mode, hard locking the PS4, constant crashes that wipe all single player progress even if the crash happens in multiplayer.

Journalists were screaming to high heaven about the shit state that SimCity was in, and this is in the exact same state if not worse.

I just wonder what a casual gamer is thinking right now when the game is constantly crashing back to the PS4 OS with a cryptic error message, and their save games are being corrupted.

My bet is they think either their PS4 is faulty or the PS4 is an unstable POS. If I were Sony I'd be on EA's ass and setting the record straight... although they are partially to blame for allowing this thing through certification.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
So has anything been fixed since last Friday? Would love to play multiplayer or even single player without getting kicked out...
If you use quick match to play Rush or TDM, it has gotten better, but far from fixed.

I find accessing menus causes crashes regularly (may be tied to saving of the settings)

Bizazedo

If you use quick match to play Rush or TDM, it has gotten better, but far from fixed.

I find accessing menus causes crashes regularly (may be tied to saving of the settings)

I seem to be able to join games using the server browser pretty easily. It seems to only give the commander is full if someone fills the last normal spot before I get there.

my main issues with PS4 BF4

1- can't get onto anything other than TDM without crashing to whatever we're calling the PS4 version of the desktop. Sending an error report "this game is shit" every time.

2. I suck at this game when I can get in.

ThisOne

The game is a ton of fun when it works. Managed to play 3 straight Obliteration matches last night that were a blast. This morning on the other hand...

Does anyone hope they patch in control changes? I would like to be able to fire using R1 and L1. Sure, the PS4 triggers are better than the PS3's, but I like the snappiness of the R1 and L1.

So it looks like dice has disabled commander mode in all servers since whenever someone joined as a commander it was crashing the server for everyone

1- can't get onto anything other than TDM without crashing to whatever we're calling the PS4 version of the desktop. Sending an error report "this game is shit" every time.

Requiem

Being forced to play COD because of the issues really sucks because when this game works I can't put the controller down...

So my friends and I heard of a loop-hole to keep your game from crashing (xbox 360). On certain maps like Dawnbreaker or Hainan Resort the game will freeze before you even get in. We found that if you open your dashboard and 'pretend' to be doing stuff (scrolling through friends etc.) the map wont crash. We've had good success with it so far, still a few crashes but not nearly as many.

Try it if your having the same problem on these shitty maps.

Dysun

This game is a god damn mess right now. A fucking abomination.

Even if you accept that any match over 20-32 players is a lost cause, it should not be this fucking difficult to join a server with a group of friends and wind up in the same squad. I should have known better seeing that the PC version is also broken

Qwell

Lost my save once during the campaign, after that I started doing USB and cloud backups every two missions. A few times the mission checkpoint would error out and I would have to start the mission over. Wasn't too big of a deal as I have already beaten the game twice on the PC, and I was mostly playing through the campaign to unlock the weapons for the campaign.

What is odd are the trophies, I'm not sure if the trophies you look at are the local ones or online ones because I know that I got about 10 different trophies that aren't showing up. However when I try to sync trophies I get an error that it can't sync. At least when I go into BF4 it does recognize that I have completed those assignments so I have access to the M249 and P90 among the other weapon unlocks you get from the campaign.

todahawk

1. i can play TDM, Rush and Obliteration in between the constant fucking crashes.

2. i suck a lot too but then I start getting my groove back on certain maps. Find a gun you're comfortable with and then stick with it a bit. Getting to know the maps and where to look helps a lot.

Re: effective/good players... FWIW I honestly try not to look at K/D too much anymore... last night I had two plants and detonations on obliteration during one session but my K/D was 9/15 and I was in the lower third in points. But I fucking made 2 out of the 3 successful plants for my team.

granted, there's times where my situational awareness is shit and i die needlessly because i'm too focused on the objective.

This game is a god damn mess right now. A fucking abomination.

Even if you accept that any match over 20-32 players is a lost cause, it should not be this fucking difficult to join a server with a group of friends and wind up in the same squad. I should have known better seeing that the PC version is also broken
I feel like i've been tricked and cheated because whatever piece of shit i bought is NOT Battlefield. I feel like the PS4 version has got to be the PC version. (with whatever tweaks needed to run on the Playstation)

MogCakes

The perils of being a early console adopter. I haven't played a single PS4 game yet, and I had mine since the midnight launch. Hopefully all these resolution, online multiplayer, save files, and single player frame rates issues will be corrected by early 2014..or sooner.

PC version is having these issues as well.

Yea Obliteration on Operation Locker is the only time I have played Obliteration and wished there was a timer because with it being such a narrow map it gets very crowded. I played one last night for an hour and we finally won. Funny thing was we had were up 2-0 after just destroying B and pushed all the way back to C but then the bomb spawned in the middle again and it was basically a guaranteed plant at our A as the opposing team was now in between us and the bomb instead of us and where they were trying to protect.

Does anyone hope they patch in control changes? I would like to be able to fire using R1 and L1. Sure, the PS4 triggers are better than the PS3's, but I like the snappiness of the R1 and L1.

Yes, very much. I've slowly started to get used to using my middle fingers for shooting and aiming but I still feel off most of the time. Hundreds of hours in BF:BC2 and BF3 using L1/R1 has ingrained those controls in my brain.

Scarecrow

I just got my system in today and have two questions:

1. How do you go about installing the game?
2. Whenever I try to select multiplayer, it says I need to sign in with PSN and EA. I'm pretty sure I've got the PSN part covered, but see no option to sign in with EA (whatever that means.)

Steel

Banned
I played the exact mode/map last night, It was tons of fun! Firefights everywhere! We played a touch over 90mins, before the other team finally won.

Yeah.... While I agree the long games are fun I was in a similarly long match(where they had awesome air support and we just kept beating them on the ground) that I basically stopped even going for the bomb because it took so damn long. Leveled up twice with 60 kills in it though... But yeah, Obliteration needs a time limit. A game should not last longer than 60 minutes.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I just got my system in today and have two questions:

1. How do you go about installing the game?
2. Whenever I try to select multiplayer, it says I need to sign in with PSN and EA. I'm pretty sure I've got the PSN part covered, but see no option to sign in with EA (whatever that means.)
  1. It automatically starts to install as soon as you put the disc in. Just leave it in and keep the console on and it'll finish the install in the background.
  2. EA account is an Origin account. I didn't get that popup, but I'm assuming that's cause I linked my PSN account to EA back when Dragon Age launched on PS3.

ThisOne

Yes, very much. I've slowly started to get used to using my middle fingers for shooting and aiming but I still feel off most of the time. Hundreds of hours in BF:BC2 and BF3 using L1/R1 has ingrained those controls in my brain.

Where I notice the difference the most is using semi-automatic weapons. For example, I can't fire my pistol near as quick with R2 and I could if R1 was an option. Lots of complaints about this one the Battlelog forums so hopefully it will make it into a patch.

Mahonay

Banned
This game WAS one of the core reasons I was pumped for my PS4.

Right now I feel like I've been suckered out of 60 bucks. This shit is unacceptable. I may write my first angry letter ever to DICE.

Scarecrow

1. It automatically starts to install as soon as you put the disc in. Just leave it in and keep the console on and it'll finish the install in the background.
  2. EA account is an Origin account. I didn't get that popup, but I'm assuming that's cause I linked my PSN account to EA back when Dragon Age launched on PS3.

Thanks a lot!

AmyS

I've continued to test PS4 BF4 in conjunction with Battlelog on a non-gaming netbook/laptop to connect PS4 to its servers. I've only used Google Chrome on the PC to do this. No idea if it works with other web browsers but I think Battlelog is officially supported in Chrome.

I am keeping things as simple as I can by NOT using WiFi. All other devices that use it are off. The computer and PS4 are both hardwired via LAN/ethernet to my XFINITY gateway.

Most of the games that I cannot join are because there were no Commander slots available. Most of the kicks were from being idle too long. There are still real disconnects/crashes though, just not nearly as horrendous when connecting via PS4 alone.

I've been able to get into a number of Conquest matches but not before a server crash happened sooner or later. It's usually sooner rather than later but I can confirm it IS possible to get into Conquest, at least for a few minutes at a time.

Also, although I've seen many matches listed in the servers that show they are filled with 32 or 64 players, or near that, I'm never able to successfully join them when there's still room.

I've probably never been in a game with more than say, 20-25 people, give or take, at most..

Using Battlelog on PC to make PS4 join servers most certainly improves the MP situation to a large degree but regardless, DICE/EA still has their work cut out for them to fix the multitude of problems in the PS4 version, say nothing of all the other versions which I have not tried and probably won't until / unless things get better.

At least the framerate has held up amazingly well in both MP and SP campaign. No matter what I do, no matter what is happening on-screen the PS4 version SEEMS to maintain a consistent, locked 60fps. Thank God DICE at least managed to get the framerate right on PS4.

I've been able to join some Conquest matches by using the server browser on the iPad app.
But I was kicked out of every game within 5 minutes.

Exactly what I was going to post.

This is a goddamn travesty of a game right now on the PS4. No conquest mode, hard locking the PS4, constant crashes that wipe all single player progress even if the crash happens in multiplayer.

Journalists were screaming to high heaven about the shit state that SimCity was in, and this is in the exact same state if not worse.

I just wonder what a casual gamer is thinking right now when the game is constantly crashing back to the PS4 OS with a cryptic error message, and their save games are being corrupted.

My bet is they think either their PS4 is faulty or the PS4 is an unstable POS. If I were Sony I'd be on EA's ass and setting the record straight... although they are partially to blame for allowing this thing through certification.

dead-gold-fish.jpg

Top Bottom