• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Game is a stuttering mess even on vanilla modes like Team Deathmatch

Really regret buying this on Amazon for even the $25 deal I got it for.

Back to Killzone for me. I'll keep an eye out to see if they fix this nonsense but it's really unacceptable.

I refuse to put more time into this game until this is resolved. I'm eternally stuck on 100 though I'm Premium and have downloaded and played China Rising.

BF4error_zps243b1a76.png

Uh oh, I'm 97 and fast approaching 100

Zep

Banned
Game is a stuttering mess even on vanilla modes like Team Deathmatch

Really regret buying this on Amazon for even the $25 deal I got it for.

Back to Killzone for me. I'll keep an eye out to see if they fix this nonsense but it's really unacceptable.

I was set on beating Killzone SP and trading it in towards Battlefield. Really unsure of that idea right now.

Milennia

I refuse to put more time into this game until this is resolved. I'm eternally stuck on 100 though I'm Premium and have downloaded and played China Rising.

BF4error_zps243b1a76.png

They should throw you 2 battlepacks at these levels -.-

I wonder how we will get more after hitting cap.

Milennia

I'm sure EA will allow you to purchase them.

I think they would have by now tbh.

Don't give me something then take it away.

Im level 90 atm and for sure wont have every camo by soft cap.

Instead they keep throwing me 25% boosts in place of gun camos.

I will never buy these things, yet thats some shit if they just cut you off.

Alias03

So I installed the update and china rising. When I go to launch a china rising map however, it prompts me to download Premium and CR. However it won't even let me download them again, and says it's already downloading; which it's not.
I'm totally stuck

I get the same thing. I even deleted the entire game and reinstalled it.. Then went to the ingame store and downloaded CR and it still wouldn't work for me. Anyone else know how to "Fix" this?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Experiencing the worst lag yet today. My lovely shotty is just useless. Shoot a guy five times in the face, and get killed by one shot of his pistol.

Grenades are falling through the ground and not exploding.

What, exactly, are they doing server side today? I was hoping improved performance would come with less traffic due to Double XP ending.

Dartastic

AAAARGH. THAT LAST MATCH WAS SO FRUSTRATING. WE WERE DOING CONQUEST IN THAT REALLY HARD ARCTIC MAP, AND WE WERE DESTROYING THEM THANKS TO MY SHREWD COMMANDING ABILITIES. WE HAD EVERYTHING BUT E, AND WE HAD D AND THE OTHER CORNERS OF THE MAP LOCKED DOWN. I UNLOCKED SOME SWEET STUFF TOO, THEN 50 POINTS AWAY FROM AN EPIC VICTORY, IT CRASHED. FDSAKJHAFDSKLHJADFSHJK

dkeane

FYI - I got the launch PS4 bundle with this and bitched to Amazon about how it's a mess and they gave me $60 in credit. Love Amazon.

AAAARGH. THAT LAST MATCH WAS SO FRUSTRATING. WE WERE DOING CONQUEST IN THAT REALLY HARD ARCTIC MAP, AND WE WERE DESTROYING THEM THANKS TO MY SHREWD COMMANDING ABILITIES. WE HAD EVERYTHING BUT E, AND WE HAD D AND THE OTHER CORNERS OF THE MAP LOCKED DOWN. I UNLOCKED SOME SWEET STUFF TOO, THEN 50 POINTS AWAY FROM AN EPIC VICTORY, IT CRASHED. FDSAKJHAFDSKLHJADFSHJK

Man. I had at least 6 crashes on Conquest today.

Two of them I was nearing 45 kills. Both were under 100 tickets before the end. I would have been mad...but there really isn't anything that excites me to unlock now. I have just about all the attachments for all the weapons I use. I don't use the battlelog portraits and I'm happy with the cammo's and weapon color skins that I have. There's some vehicle stuff I could get, but meh. I'm just playing to play now. No sweat.

Anyway, regarding helicopters and planes...I don't know how you're supposed to stay alive more than maybe 90 seconds at the very most. AA guns, enemy planes and 10 engineers drooling to pull out their Stingers seems to temper the fun of flying. It's hard enough lining up and killing a target in those vehicles as it is.

Steel

Banned
Anyway, regarding helicopters and planes...I don't know how you're supposed to stay alive more than maybe 90 seconds at the very most. AA guns, enemy planes and 10 engineers drooling to pull out their Stingers seems to temper the fun of flying. It's hard enough lining up and killing a target in those vehicles as it is.

Eh, helis are doable hitting people and if you have the right countermeasures(Active Pro is my preferred CM), and an engineering in your bay constantly repairing you, you can stay up. The problem is, with the scout heli especially, you're at a serious disadvantage before you unlock 25mm and the secondary weapons against people that have them.

The Jets? I find those incredibly easy to stay alive in but almost impossible to get kills with. With the bomber jets I can get hits on vehicles and pin them, but I never get the killing blow.

Edit:
Is it safe to start a single player game again?
I want to be sure it doesn't delete my save again.

Sadly nothing is certain. Patch notes from EA didn't say anything about fixing the campaign save glitch.

no angel

For what it's worth I may have fixed (in a manner of speaking) my constant crash issues on my xbone, it seems my game takes issue with me equipping the grenade launcher on my assault class. As soon as I die with that gadget equipped it sends me back to my dashboard, can anyone else replicate this?

madmackem

Me and my mates call this map, operation blue screen as we have almost narrowed it down to crashing on this map alone in conquest mode. Ive been kicked before in other games with the bluescreeening but playing this map on conquest is almost a certain bluescreen crash.

Milennia

Wow didn't see that... Thanks.

These i would buy, but because i like slim jim to an extent and its a food product as opposed to just flat out monetization. More casual of an approach imo.

(Looks like a promotion, so short lived, still raises the question if they will just cut you off)

Maybe after you hit soft cap they stop giving you boosts with your gun battlepacks, giving you camo instead.

Had an ok time last night after I bit the bullett with BF premium. A little rubber banding but no big bouts of lag like usual. I did notice on battlelog that there was a notice saying a new server was being added and my cause problems during play. A little OT, but is it me or is the game overrun with recon players? The China rising maps especially.

Steel

Banned
1) Dont play as an sniper.
2) fixed squad to play with or at least and squad going after capture points in Conquest.
3) Dont focus on kills focus on grabbing and losing flags !!!! :p

4) Get yourself a tank/AA/LAV and grab flags simultaneously. If you are quick about killing the rocketers and recon c4ers you'll get tons of kills and cap flags. Worst case scenario, you just jump out of the vehicle before it goes boom.

Dartastic

Me and my mates call this map, operation blue screen as we have almost narrowed it down to crashing on this map alone in conquest mode. Ive been kicked before in other games with the bluescreeening but playing this map on conquest is almost a certain bluescreen crash.
It's very possible, especially in those choke points where people just spam grenade launchers.

1) Dont play as an sniper.
2) fixed squad to play with or at least and squad going after capture points in Conquest.
3) Dont focus on kills focus on grabbing and losing flags !!!! :p

This, plus make sure you always throw down medkits and ammo whenever you spawn

200% XP boosts also help

Okay, so I'm trying to complete one of the weapon assignments from the China Rising DLC (Open Fire) and I decide to get the defib kill first before I worry about the pistol and GL kill. So after several failed attempts, I finally get behind an enemy and decide to use the defibrillator and.....nothing fucking happens. I even tried a second and third time and the guy didn't even fucking die. WHAT THE FUCK?

Okay, here's a quick guide to Battlefield 4 (if you're a noob, you want to score more points, etc.)

Game Modes Explanation

Rush: Attackers have 75 tickets and have to arm and successfully defend the charge until it detonates. Usually 3-5 stages depending on the map. Every kill by the defending team with drain a ticket. Keep in mind the charge has about 40 seconds or so to be defused/detonated.

Obliteration: Each team had 3 sites that they have to defend while a neutral bomb spawns in the middle of the map. The team with the most sites left will win. Keep in mind that the charge has about 10 seconds or so until it detonates, meaning you have to be right next to the objective in order to defuse it in time.

Conquest: 5-7 flags are located around the map while each team spawns will 800 tickets. The team with the majority of flags held with slowly drain the enemy's tickets (the speed of depletion depends on how big the majority of flag's held are). Each kill by your team will also drain the enemy's ticket by 1.

Tips

1.) PTFO
Always make sure that no matter what game mode you're playing (Conquest, Rush, Obliteration), that you're always paying attention to the objective. If you're playing Obliteration and you notice the enemy bomb carrier is near your spawn, then spawn near your base. Don't spawn on one of your squadmates who's busy trying to spawn trap the enemy.

- In Rush and Obliteration, a flashing objective marker means that it's been armed by a team mate or enemy (depending on whose side you are)
- In Conquest, you need more friendly players than enemy players within the flag radius to capture it. If you're trying to capture the flag and notice it's not moving (or the orange bar is filling up again) then know they're are a lot of enemy players in your vicinity
- Don't always run straight toward the objective. Always try to flank with your team mates while using cover

2.) Learn to spot
Always make sure you press that RB/R1 button whenever you think you see something move in the distance. Try to make it a force of habit, because whenever you spot an enemy that you aren't able to kill, a team mate will usually take him out.

3.) Play your class
If you're playing Assault, make sure you either get a Defib or medkit (or both). If you're an Engineer, get a repair tool and rocket launcher or mines. If you're a Support, get an ammo pack along with something useful, like C4 or MAP-S. If you're recon, basically anything is fine as long as you use it.

- The longer you charge the Defib (hold RT/R2), the more health the revived player has
- Bullet drop also affects rockets. Make sure to aim higher and whatever direction they're going depending on how far they are
- Repair tools do a lot of damage to enemy vehicles
- It only takes 2 C4 to the back to destroy all land vehicles

4.) Don't reload after every kill
I know it's a force of habit to reload after every kill, but a enemy soldier will usually have a team mate spawn on him or have some one nearby, especially in 64 player conquest.

5.) Don't abandon vehicles
Please don't leave a tank or IFV while it's full health because you decided that you only wanted it to get across the map. The enemy will usually steal it, and they get that vehicle in addition to their vehicles.

6.) Fire in short bursts
Obvious, but always shoot in small bursts whenever you engage an enemy unless you're right next to him. This helps conserve ammo and makes you more accurate. Shorten your bursts depending on how far away the enemy is (large bursts when near, single shot when far).

7.) Always squad up whenever possible
If you join a game and notice that you have no one in your squad (or maybe 1-2 people) then leave and join another. Try to join one that needs your specific class or is nearly full.

8.) Try to play a class that the team needs, not the one that you want to play
If you notice that the majority of your team are playing Assault and Recon, please don't go to one of those classes. Try to play to either what the squad needs or what the team needs.

- Try to balance yourself by playing all the classes. This allows you to have a similar number of unlocks between classes and won't leave you underpowered if you decide your team needs a Support.

todahawk

How do you people level up so fast? Care to share some tips?

I'm at 68 and I play a lot of obliteration, conquest and rush. They're what I like anyway but they do have the potential for a lot more points. I played a fair amount during the double xp event and stacked up with battlepack xp boosters on top of it.

@NHLDucks: thx for the great info, good stuff regardless of rank or experience level

wowlace

I love this game. I've only been disconnected twice so it's fair to say my experience is different to most in here.

For now I just stick to quick match rush and it's smooth sailing. Looking forward to that conquest action when dice get it working.

Shadybiz

2.) Learn to spot
Always make sure you press that RB/R1 button whenever you think you see something move in the distance. Try to make it a force of habit, because whenever you spot an enemy that you aren't able to kill, a team mate will usually take him out.

This can't be emphasized enough. If you see someone close to you, take that extra 1/2 a second to spot them, even if you think you have them dead to rights. This way, if you get killed trying to get them, at least it lets everyone else know where they are for a few seconds. And hey, you get 10 points as a bonus if someone picks them off.

2.) Learn to spot

5.) Don't abandon vehicles
Please don't leave a tank or IFV while it's full health because you decided that you only wanted it to get across the map. The enemy will usually steal it, and they get that vehicle in addition to their vehicles.

8.) Try to play a class that the team needs, not the one that you want to play
If you notice that the majority of your team are playing Assault and Recon, please don't go to one of those classes. Try to play to either what the squad needs or what the team needs.
So much this. Always this. Forever this. For the love of all things THIS.

You should not be allowed to play this game at all without a full grasp of these points at the bare minimum.

Well GAF I'm now 100% sure that I prefer BF3 over BF4.

I simply cannot do well in this game at all. Between the bugs and glitches, and my k/d being less than 1 pretty much all the time (BF3 I was finishing games with a 3.0+ 90% of the time) it just feels very cod like imho.

Last BF game I buy.

9.) Use your 100% and 200% boosts during Double XP events. They stack on top of the Double XP and you can rank up insanely fast if you play well.

I'm at 68 and I play a lot of obliteration, conquest and rush. They're what I like anyway but they do have the potential for a lot more points. I played a fair amount during the double xp event and stacked up with battlepack xp boosters on top of it.

@NHLDucks: thx for the great info, good stuff regardless of rank or experience level

Thanks for the replies people, I've been playing Domination for the last two weeks, would it be better to get into Rush to score more points over Domination? I always go for capturing flags and objectives!

I don't understand how getting revived works. I'll have someone attempt to revive me and even if I press deploy, it still revives me anyway. I've died so many times because of that. The only thing I can think is that it's registering an X press before the prompt appears, even though I don't think I even pressed anything in the first place

jsip

Banned
I don't understand how getting revived works. I'll have someone attempt to revive me and even if I press deploy, it still revives me anyway. I've died so many times because of that. The only thing I can think is that it's registering an X press before the prompt appears, even though I don't think I even pressed anything in the first place
This happens a lot. You shouldn't be able to get killed while you are already down and not accepting a revive. Dunno if its a bug but if its a design choice then holy shit.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Wat? They're amazing for conquest. Like bc2 and not bf3. Far superior to the vanilla maps.

Maybe he meant for consoles? If PS3/Xbox360, then it might make matches boring due to the low player count.

----

Anyone else experiencing pistol jamming on PS4? I tried it a bunch of times and it's really there. Kept on pressing R2 trigger quickly and it literally stops firing at odd intervals. Can't even count how many times I've died by this. I tried ADS-ing and hip firing and it jams regardless.

This happens a lot. You shouldn't be able to get killed while you are already down and not accepting a revive. Dunno if its a bug but if its a design choice then holy shit.

Thanks for confirming. I thought it was my fault for the longest time, so maybe it's just a bug

Top Bottom